PDA

View Full Version : gods from fiction

lefuthezombie
2012-02-04, 03:22 PM
i want to make gods for my setting from gods or god like beings in comics, moves,shows, ext.

I am asking for advice on what you think the domains, alignment and dogma would be like as well as the church structure and who would worship such gods.

This is my suggestions but feel free to add your own:

1.Foamy the squirrel
2.Little Nicky
3.Hell Boy
4.any of The Endless
5.John Constantine assuming that becoming a god was how he cheated heaven and hell out of his sole
6.The Worm from Pink Floyd, The Wall
7.Mew Two

lefuthezombie
2012-02-04, 10:34 PM
come on i know im not the only one who has considered this.
i want to add Santa too.

lefuthezombie
2012-02-04, 11:27 PM
Little Nicky! He is Neutral but has Good AND Evil as domains and so can his clerics! at the same time!He is based on the Prime Material plain posturing as a normal human.He is worshiped by bards and people who have embraced both there good and bad nature.he gives safe haven to outsiders who don't fit in on there home plain and undead who just are not feeling the evil.He changes there form or help them get more comfortable with the one they have.

Other domains can be trickery,luck, and Death(he has died a few times).
His favored weapon is the shovel(ax)
His church dos not have much structure.If you need to find one of his clergy just go to the right concert and ask around,you will run into one eventually.

lefuthezombie
2012-02-05, 02:19 PM
What about Calypso From the Disney pirate franchise?
Shes CN has Death,Water,Weather,Chaos,Magic,and War.
Her weapon would be a rapier.
Don't tell me that cleric of Calypso wouldn't be fun to play

StoryKeeper
2012-02-05, 02:31 PM
i want to make gods for my setting from gods or god like beings in comics, moves,shows, ext.

I am asking for advice on what you think the domains, alignment and dogma would be like as well as the church structure and who would worship such gods.

This is my suggestions but feel free to add your own:

1.Foamy the squirrel
2.Little Nicky
3.Hell Boy
4.any of The Endless
5.John Constantine assuming that becoming a god was how he cheated heaven and hell out of his sole
6.The Worm from Pink Floyd, The Wall
7.Mew Two

I hate seeing someone bump themselves. Here, let me take a stab at this.

1. Don't know who that is.
2. You already kind of covered that one.
3. Domains of Strength and Good. His clerics fight a never-ending war to keep the forces of evil from claiming Hellboy as a champion of their own kind.
4. Most of the Endless are more domains than gods, and I really don't want to give them D&D style stats.
5. Constantine is more like a paladin or one of those guys who got yanked back to the material plane after almost going to one of the evil-aligned planes. If you want to say he's a god though, maybe make him be a god of bittersweet second chances. He's a champion of failed paladins and clerics and of evil beings trying to be good.
6. Don't know this one.
7. He's a deity that some powerful ritual or magical machinery created. Domains of Dream and Mind. Those are separate right? He doesn't have a lot of humanoid clerics, but monsters worship him often as the savior who will help establish them as a dominant empire.

lefuthezombie
2012-02-06, 02:13 AM
I don't like bumping myself ether but some one needed to get it started.The list was meant to be suggestions, its not set in stone that you must do something for each or any idem on it.In fact i would like to see what you would come up with for deity's in fiction you are familiar with.

P.S. i don't think John would find ascending to godhood to be something he would be comfortable with but based on the comics he would have the know how and magic to make it happen if he saw it as the only way to keep his sole from getting in the hands of others.

lefuthezombie
2012-02-06, 05:01 PM
I hate seeing someone bump themselves. Here, let me take a stab at this.

1. Don't know who that is.
2. You already kind of covered that one.
3. Domains of Strength and Good. His clerics fight a never-ending war to keep the forces of evil from claiming Hellboy as a champion of their own kind.
4. Most of the Endless are more domains than gods, and I really don't want to give them D&D style stats.
5. Constantine is more like a paladin or one of those guys who got yanked back to the material plane after almost going to one of the evil-aligned planes. If you want to say he's a god though, maybe make him be a god of bittersweet second chances. He's a champion of failed paladins and clerics and of evil beings trying to be good.
6. Don't know this one.
7. He's a deity that some powerful ritual or magical machinery created. Domains of Dream and Mind. Those are separate right? He doesn't have a lot of humanoid clerics, but monsters worship him often as the savior who will help establish them as a dominant empire.

I love your ideas about Hell Boy and Mew Two but I would like more detail and both of them should have more domains.For example Hell Boy can destroy the world if he choose.He wouldn't but he can at any time and he loves destroying bad guys so destruction domain fits.

If you don't mind let me know how you would use them in a campaign you were DMing.I read your spoilers and think you have a gift for creativity.