PDA

View Full Version : Who has a quest-line for under the sea?

Mclane
2012-02-04, 09:24 PM
Anyone know any good quests for a level 10 party that take place mostly or entirely underwater? The idea came up in my group today for an underwater adventure. My DM found a water-based quest, but you never go underwater. So anyone know of any or know where I could find some?

Hiro Protagonest
2012-02-04, 09:35 PM
Place that used to be above-water? Shipwreck? Dragon turtle? Two out of three? Three out of three?

Mclane
2012-02-04, 09:55 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of pre-made adventures.

Palanan
2012-02-04, 10:40 PM
You'd think there would be, but apart from the "Underwater" trilogy of AD&D modules (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dungeons_%26_Dragons_modules#U), Google availeth me not.

If your DM is willing to develop something on his own, this recent article (http://www.plosbiology.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pbio.1001234) might serve for deep-sea inspiration. The PDF has some good photos and graphics that give a sense of the rugged terrain on the seafloor, as well as some interesting features.

A warforged really would be excellent for this sort of thing, assuming they could survive the literally crushing pressure. Even if they don't work this deep, I could see a warforged salvage team making a living in the shallows off a busy port, or perhaps staking out a section of coral reef plagued by storms and famous for its wrecks. Maybe the warforged team has salvaged something which the ship's owner desperately wants back, and the PCs are hired to "negotiate" for its return?

Urpriest
2012-02-04, 10:43 PM
Paizo's Savage Tide Adventure Path had a few adventures with significant underwater components, particularly early in the story.

Also, I really wanted to respond to the thread title with the following:
"Sponge-Bob-Square-Pants!"

Mclane
2012-02-04, 10:52 PM
Paizo's Savage Tide Adventure Path had a few adventures with significant underwater components, particularly early in the story.

Also, I really wanted to respond to the thread title with the following:
"Sponge-Bob-Square-Pants!"

Yay! I was afraid no one would get it.

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2012-02-06, 05:40 PM
It starts with a royal petite woman of the sea until she saves a man from a shipwreck who turns out to be a pr