PDA

View Full Version : Bard Build

Master Thrower
2012-02-04, 11:40 PM
Hey guys, im playing a bard in an upcoming campaign starting at 5th and ending around 15th. Having never played a Bard (im the 5th role and I'd like to try out bard) i came to the playground for help. I want to play some type of party buffer, and get high level spells.

So my current play is-

Bard 7
Sublime chord 5

I need bard 7 to get 3rd level spells, but then I have 3 levels I could do whatever with.

Sources are limited, so any advice would be appreciated.

PHB,DMG,MM, CA,CD,CW,CadV, LM, DrC, PlH

undead hero
2012-02-04, 11:44 PM
Just some advice... If you want to buff and cast spells as a bard...

Try the Extra Music feat and the Lyrical Spell feat (though you need one metamagic feat before taking lyrical spell).

It lets you use 1 + spell level bardic music uses to cast a spell... Yeah ... You see how this can get fun? ;)

And Extra Music stacks with itself.

This way you can buff all day long, sling a few offensive spells, and then top it off with some healing. All before using any of your spells/day.

Manateee
2012-02-05, 02:37 PM
With your book access, your starting point is probably going to be:
Bard 7/Mindbender 1/Virtuoso 2/Sublime Chord 2/Virtuoso 8

I don't like Lyric Spell. Even Extra Slot is going to give more bang for its buck, because it doesn't eat into Inspire Courage/Song of Arcane Power/Jarring Song/Revealing Song uses (though without Melodic casting, those are admittedly a bit less valuable).

Saintheart
2012-02-05, 09:04 PM
If "LM" is referring to Lords of Madness, then for the love of all that's holy take Mindsight. 100 foot mind radar that's always on? Yes please.

kulosle
2012-02-05, 10:33 PM
You don't have to take bard 7. Just take a PrC that ups casting and bardic music and you'll be fine.

Socratov
2012-02-06, 04:20 AM
If "LM" is referring to Lords of Madness, then for the love of all that's holy take Mindsight. 100 foot mind radar that's always on? Yes please.

I think Lords of Madness is referred to as LoM, LM (IIRC) refers to Libris Mortis.

If Lords of madness is available, take mindbender, else take another level of brad (or bard related prc), and go the standard virtuoso 1/SC 2/Virtuoso x route, it works wonder for casting and bardic music. Also, don't forget the feat Chaos music to maximise your bard levels for IC bonuses.