PDA

View Full Version : AoO More damage?

Legendairy
2012-02-05, 01:55 PM
Question for the playground, how can I get max damage out of AoO? Does power attack work? If not what feats would help this?

gomipile
2012-02-05, 02:00 PM
I know if Power Attack is already active, it applies to your AoOs. Reading the wording of the feat again, I think they meant (RAI) it only to be able to be turned on during your turn, but it says "On your action," and making an AoO is an action.

Flickerdart
2012-02-05, 06:32 PM
I know if Power Attack is already active, it applies to your AoOs. Reading the wording of the feat again, I think they meant (RAI) it only to be able to be turned on during your turn, but it says "On your action," and making an AoO is an action.
"Your action" is old 3.0 wording, when standard actions were just called actions. I guess they just never updated the wording.

Darrin
2012-02-06, 07:26 AM

Nope. It's only defined as a "single melee attack", and isn't given a specific action (which is a good thing, too, as it would create many more rules headaches than it would solve). The "action" referred to by the feat is whatever you happen to be doing on your turn. If you get an AoO and you haven't already activated Power Attack, then I don't think you can activate it on an AoO, since the AoO itself isn't an action.

To get more damage on AoOs, take a look at Robilar's Gambit (PHBII) or Double Hit (Miniatures Handbook).