PDA

View Full Version : Ursus' return to Halo Homebrews [d20]

Ursus the Grim
2012-02-05, 02:57 PM
Hey. After realizing that Skirmish wasn't actually fun for anyone, I scrapped it and resumed work with my d20 Halo chassis. I know there's some stuff out there already, but I don't entirely agree with what they did. My system will use a basic d20 system with a hybrid of Pathfinder, d20 modern, and 3.5 fundamentals. Right now, I'm focusing on classes, hoping to balance them with respect to one another before moving on to races. I had built a comprehensive database of every weapon mentioned in Halo canon, and then stripped it down, including damage to attack, guesstimated cost, and options for that weapon. The spreadsheet is here. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Alrf3y5iXd9odEllZVJpOFJPWXhMM3A2Y09sUUJiR kE&hl=en_US#gid=0)

Once I dig up where I left it, I'll post three of the base classes and try to get feedback to see which is the 'odd man out' so to speak. Most classes will get combat 'tricks', essentially ranged ToB maneuvers that are less restrictive on class and level.

I considered, for the sake of ease, making this E6, but the LA needed for players with more powerful races kind of bumps up recommended starting level to 6ish.

More to come, but for now, feedback on the weapons and any questions are welcome.

DefKab
2012-02-06, 10:11 PM
Hey, I'm creating a whole new System for use with the Halo fiction... It's not a d20 style system, so I don't know if you care, but I'm trying to make it truer to the ideals than any d20 could hope to bring... If you're interested, I could use a lot of help.
It's a dice pool system, using d20's for granularity, and it's based mostly off of skills...
Hit me with a PM if you'd like.

WyvernLord
2012-02-07, 05:58 PM
Damage on weapons is high but if you start with a force shield then that won't matter as much. Can't wait for the classes.

Ursus the Grim
2012-02-08, 02:32 PM
Damage on weapons is high but if you start with a force shield then that won't matter as much. Can't wait for the classes.

Damage is related to the damage scales of d20 Modern. These weapons will also not benefit from Iterative Base Attacks. A gun fired by a High BaB class doesn't go any faster than one fired by a low BaB class (for the most part.)

Anyway, I refer you to this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12673251) if you'd like an alternative, grassroots approach to the same end goal. I look forward to comparing our systems when we're both finished. I will use the first post of this thread as a repository until then, putting in some scratch work and such until I give this thread a proper update.