PDA

View Full Version : Scribe Epic Scroll: What does it do?

legomaster00156
2012-02-05, 04:58 PM
SCRIBE SCROLL [ITEM CREATION]
Prerequisite: Caster level 1st.

Benefit: You can create a scroll of any spell that you know. Scribing a scroll takes one day for each 1,000 gp in its base price. The base price of a scroll is its spell level x its caster level x 25 gp. To scribe a scroll, you must spend 1/25 of this base price in XP and use up raw materials costing one-half of this base price.

Any scroll that stores a spell with a costly material component or an XP cost also carries a commensurate cost. In addition to the costs derived from the base price, you must expend the material component or pay the XP when scribing the scroll.

SCRIBE EPIC SCROLL [ITEM CREATION][EPIC]
Prerequisites: Scribe Scroll, Knowledge (arcana) 24 ranks, Spellcraft 24 ranks.

Benefit: The character can scribe scrolls that exceed the normal limits for such items. Even this feat does not allow the character to scribe a scroll with an epic spell.

So, I've been wondering for a while now, what are the limitations that Scribe Epic Scroll removes?

Tenek
2012-02-05, 05:29 PM
So, I've been wondering for a while now, what are the limitations that Scribe Epic Scroll removes?

The 9th-level spell and 20th-level caster caps. You can scribe a CL 25 Mass Heal that heals for 250, or an empowered Meteor Swarm, or something like that.

Tenno Seremel
2012-02-05, 05:32 PM
The 9th-level spell and 20th-level caster caps. You can scribe a CL 25 Mass Heal that heals for 250, or an empowered Meteor Swarm, or something like that.

Scribe scroll has no such limitations…?

Hirax
2012-02-05, 05:37 PM
Scribe scroll has no such limitations…?

You have to look at the general rules for epic magic items items (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/magicItems/basics.htm), which say you need the epic and not-epic version of the feat. Otherwise the same would be true of the other crafting feats, too.

"In addition to the materials and tools required for nonepic magic items, any epic magic item requires at least two item creation feats: the epic and nonepic version. "

TuggyNE
2012-02-05, 05:55 PM
You have to look at the general rules for epic magic items items (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/magicItems/basics.htm), which say you need the epic and not-epic version of the feat. Otherwise the same would be true of the other crafting feats, too.

"In addition to the materials and tools required for nonepic magic items, any epic magic item requires at least two item creation feats: the epic and nonepic version. "

That's somewhat misleading in this context; epic spells cannot be scribed onto scrolls, period. (They can, however, be inscribed on special stone tablets as part of development, doubling the cost. These tablets are destroyed once another caster learns the epic spell from them.)

I'm not sure what the feat in question actually does, though.

Hirax
2012-02-05, 06:01 PM
You're not using it for epic spells, look at the list at the top of the link in my post. You're using it for maximized time stop, maximized empowered energy admixture x4 fireball, or some other higher spell that's higher than 9th via metamagic. Or a CL 21 or higher scroll of disjunction.

TuggyNE
2012-02-05, 07:40 PM
You're not using it for epic spells, look at the list at the top of the link in my post. You're using it for maximized time stop, maximized empowered energy admixture x4 fireball, or some other higher spell that's higher than 9th via metamagic. Or a CL 21 or higher scroll of disjunction.

Ah, right. Fair enough. :smallredface:

Runestar
2012-02-06, 04:39 AM
It is implied in this epic scroll section.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/magicItems/scrolls.htm