PDA

View Full Version : 4e great war IC

oblivion6
2012-02-06, 12:48 AM
the world stands on the brink of war as the hordes of demon worshippers from kakator mass on the border of the nation of elyria. you have all arrived in the city of trantyr to meet commander ellenor of the nations security council who is looking for able bodied souls to undertake an important mission for the war effort

the meeting with commander ellenor is set to take place in the busted mace tavern, a small tavern in one of the nicer portions of town. the busted mace is quite full today, although most of the patrons are quite ordinary. a trio of dwarves sit drinking entire bottles of dwarven spirits and laughing outragiously, a few tables away a pair of grim faced elves sit talking quietly while in the corner of the tavern a massive goliath sits alone. those are really the only things of interest in the tavern.

wow that was a long post:smallsmile:. use this time to roleplay your characters and after everyones completed their introductions and whatnot i will post the arrival of the commander

Leolo
2012-02-06, 02:26 AM
When Fflammn enters the tavern, he waits for a moment and enjoys the people stare at him. His horns are long, much to long to hide them behind his grey hood.

He is obviously no fighter, a slender guy even in his wide robe. But the swinging tail lashs at the floor and he holds his hand on a small crystal orb. When he went to the bar the light shows the horns where humans would have a beard and red skin with fiery lines on it and dark eyes.

He simple looks like a devil, and his voice can not hide the infernal sound even if he speaks common. This is not the first time he is in this tavern, and some here might know him as a demonhunter. And who knows if those guys he sometimes brings dead to the guards were real demon worshippers? Best not to ask.

Give me a beer, and tell me when the commander who pays for it appears.

Emongnome777
2012-02-06, 08:27 AM
Adrik, Dwarven Warpriest

Adrik has travelled several miles with Dom to Trantyr. He's been thankful for his newest (and currently, only) friend, who's helped him survive outside the cool comforts of the deep caves he used to live in.

He shakes off the still-fresh memories of losing his clan mates as he enters the Busted Mace Tavern. He had seen the recruitment posting and jumped at the chance to seek some measure of revenge against the demonic cult. He approaches the bartender and says, "two beers fer me n' me friend, 'ere," pointing back at Dom. "An' have ye seen Commander Ellenor, by chance?"

Before the bartender can answer, Adrik sees the tiefling standing at the bar, almost startled by his appearance. He warily glances around to see if anyone else in the tavern was similarly taken aback at his presence. Hmm, nobody is takin' up arms against 'im, he thinks, so I'll wait 'n see what he does. Eep, I've been starin' too long, better say sumthin'.

Clearning his throat, Adrik nods to the tiefling. "Uh.., greetin's."

Leolo
2012-02-06, 10:08 AM
The tiefling focusses his eyes at Alrik with a look that seems to judge how valuable he would be as a slave or how loud and adorable his screams would be if the dwarf gets tortured. Even the grin of the tiefling looks wicked when he answers, but his words are actually friendly:

Greetings. Good choice of drink, i believe the beer and the barmaids are the only good things in this tavern.

Dramesh
2012-02-07, 09:42 AM
the busted mace, she finally found it. It only took her 1 hour to find it. She has lost a lot of her skill. Hopefully it will come back. She open the door and look at the people present. Dwarvens, Elvens, a Goliath and a strange pair of customer: a dwarf with a Tiefling. As she guest that maybe they were here for the same reason, she approach them, lower her hood, revealing her Deep dark red hair to them and say:

Greeting gentlemens, are you by chance here to see commander Ellenor ?

Emongnome777
2012-02-07, 10:11 AM
Adrik, Dwarven Warpriest

Adrik nods to the tiefling and says, "uh, aye. Adrik be me name. What be yers?" He is still a little disconcerted over the tiefling's appearance and mannerisms, but he can't seem to know exactly why.

Adrik is cautiously drinking his beer when a human female approaches and greets them. "Aye, though I can only speak fer meself and me friend," pointing to the tall human* nearby. "I be Adrik", he adds as he stands and extends his hand for a handshake.

*: He's referring to Dom, who is with him.

Leolo
2012-02-07, 01:11 PM
"I am here to kiss my tankard of beer and suck on the barmaids. Or maybe the other way arround. Or both.

Oh, and i am here to kill demons and those who ally with them. I am here to drag their bloody corpses over the ground and through the city gate for some fair reward."

Fflammn really likes the way his dark voice emphasize the words when he is talking about his dirty work. There is something on him that makes him charismatic, the look of his eyes full of lust.

"And for one of my three tasks those commander might be helpfull to allow it and pay for it. I doubt it will be the girls."

Dramesh
2012-02-08, 02:32 PM
Zayna, Human Assassin

Little trouble by his manners, has Zayna has seen so much of their kind. Maybe she could have fun with him.

Girls and demons ? What a nice way to live. I pretty do the same: Mens and Anyone pays me for. Hopefully, I never wish to have to put you down, you are more likely to entertain me than any other here.

Emongnome777
2012-02-08, 08:33 PM
Adrik, Dwarf Warpriest

This is certainly turning out to be an interesting group wanting to serve the war effort against the cultists, Adrik thought. He requested a second beer while still waiting on the Commander.

"I'm here fer the demons 'n them cultists. I ain't here fer any entertainment. I'd even give up me beer fer a chance at killin' them heathens. I ain't meanin' to be sour, I'm just eager fer the Commander to show up an' tell us what we can do."

oblivion6
2012-02-09, 11:14 AM
you all are at the bar talking, when you hear a commotion at the doorway. looking for the source of the commotion you see a large heavyset man in a chainshirt flanked by a pair of heavily armed soldiers. a few steps behind them you also see a sleezy looking human follow them into the inn.

commander ellory. we wern't expecting you for another few hours. let me go prepare you a table. a timid barmaid says to the large man and scurrys away

bah!! no need to strain yourself on my account. i can do it myself, im not a cripple!! he shouts at the barmaid and heads to a large table in the corner. then in a softer tone the commander adds would you be a good lass, and fetch me and my men a few tankards of your fine ale?

the commander and his men then sit at the table. joined shortly afterward by the sleezy human

Leolo
2012-02-10, 12:05 AM
For a moment Fflammn only sits there, watching the commander and his men while he tries to remember what he have heard about them. Infernal blood does not make a man cautious, but a bar full of people can have this effect.

At least if your horns are long enough.

"Oh, i believe we could find a way to entertain even when you put me down." he answers Zayna with a naughty smile.

"But i think our bag of gold has just entered the tavern."

History check: What does Fflammn know about the commander and his companiouns? [roll0]

oblivion6
2012-02-10, 01:34 AM
Fflammm
nice roll:smallsmile:. you've heard the following

commander elorry: the commander is a decorated war hero who has a reputation of never having suffered a defeat but has an enormous casualty record. ellory also has a history of using adventurers to further his own cause while at the same time aiding the nation.

sleezy human: you have no idea who he might be

footmen: they appear to just be standard rank and file infantrymen of the army

Emongnome777
2012-02-10, 08:29 AM
Adrik, Dwarf Warpriest

Adrik waits until the Commander and his men get settled in with their drinks before approaching. He then steps forward and says, "Commander Ellanor, me name be Adrik. I'm answerin' yer request fer help against them cultists. Me hammer 'n I are at yer service." He finishes with a slight bow.

OOC
Is his name Ellory or Ellanor? The first IC post says Ellanor.
Answered.

Dramesh
2012-02-10, 01:52 PM
Zayna, Human Assassin

As Fflammn answer, she smiled back at him. Maybe he will be entertaining...

As the Dwarf approach the General, Zayna focus herself to the dialogue.

oblivion6
2012-02-11, 03:53 PM
ah good. i was beginning to think no one was gonna show. he then motions to his soldiers who immediantly move to another table to clear room for you 3. you notice the sleezy human stays seated next to the commander

sit. sit. we have much to discuss. would you care for a drink?

adrik
it is ellanor. sorry for the mix up

Leolo
2012-02-13, 11:46 AM
Fflammn smiles at Zayna. "I think we shall continue this later, or there will be another one who gets the shiny coins. And I don't like someone getting my things."

He walks over to the commander and grants everyone who is staring at him a warning look. When he puts his hood behind the curved horns on his head appear even longer and more devilish.

"You should call for more than one drink commander. Because he is not the only one who answers your call. And this is a thirsty business, calling for liquid of any kind"

Emongnome777
2012-02-13, 01:41 PM
Adrik, Dwarf Warpriest

Adrik takes a seat and nods to the Commander. "Aye, 'nuther beer would be nice. Now, 'bouts them cultists. When we gonna get ta bash some heads?"

Dramesh
2012-02-13, 03:23 PM
Zayna, Human Assassin

She approach and sit next to her new friend. "As for me, I'll take a bottle of wine." Looking at the general: "I'm also in for this."

oblivion6
2012-02-13, 07:48 PM
well. what an oddly assorted group this is turning about to be. anyways down to business. i have need of you adventurers for a task that i consider most soldiers to be uncapable of due to their unthinking obediance to orders. it seems the first blood of this war may have been shed in a small fort to the southeast that is responsible for protecting several of the artifacts that were supposedly used by the heros of old in the 3rd era. as well as holding great physcological importance they are also said to contain magic that could prove deadly in the wrong hands he takes a long drink from his flagon of ale.

about a week ago we lost contact with this fort and i need you to head down there and find out why we havnt heard from them and if it was in fact taken by the cultists i will also need you to retrieve the artifacts from the forts repository if they still remain. any questions?

Dramesh
2012-02-13, 08:29 PM
Zayna, Human Assassin

Zayna smile at the general : "You mention artefacts, let say we found some, do we have the 'permittion' to use them? Also is there an help whatsoever you can gave us in this expedition. Let's say some gold piece or some equipment"

Emongnome777
2012-02-13, 09:35 PM
Adrik, Dwarf Warpriest

Adrik listens carefully to what the Commander describes. Nodding, he says, "I jes need to know which way 'n how far to go. Tho' it wouldn't hurt to know more about them artifacts if'n them cultists use them against us."

oblivion6
2012-02-14, 12:57 AM
the commander thinks for a moment then replies to your questionshmm. if you do find the artifacts in the fort there shouldnt be a problem with you using it against the cultists. hopefully im just being paranoid and nothing has happened to the fort. yes of course i can provide you with some gold to cover your expenses. say 150 gold each? the fort is maybe 4days ride to the southeast.

nodding to the dwarf he says as for the artifacts i will direct them to the scholar here. he points to the sleezy human with a laugh and says he may not look like much but he knows his stuff

the scholar nods to you and says the artifacts in question are a sword bearing the symbol of pelor, an oaken staff inlaid with arcane symbols, an axe of demonbane and an ancient amulet of denrir. they should be locked in the forts repository, a deep vault underneath the keep

Leolo
2012-02-14, 02:07 AM
"We also need some kind of identification. I doubt they will let us enter the fort and show us their artifacts because we look so trustworthy. And if you know any hidden entrances to the fort it would be helpful, too."

oblivion6
2012-02-14, 06:50 PM
oh yes of course. give them this letter of introduction from me he hands you an official looking document. then almost as an afterthought he adds not like it will do you any good if my suspicions are correct. as of secret passages it is said that one of the forts former captains was a coward and had a secret escape route made for him. i hear it involves some sort of abandoned mine. he shrugs and says other than that i cannot say

TitoElito
2012-02-14, 11:41 PM
Dom Birchtree

Dom, a rather large man with a rather large maul, arrived at the inn with Adrik, but being slow in wit, he hoped to remedy ill impressions by being slow in tongue and letting his newfound friend speak for him. This seeming a rather momentous occasion, Dom decided to add "They won't know what hit'em."

If anyone asks why he zoned out, he mutters an excuse about communing with spirits.

oblivion6
2012-02-15, 10:35 AM
hopefully there will be no one to hit. the commander says to the large man. but you four should be extra careful all the same

Emongnome777
2012-02-15, 11:56 AM
Adrik, Dwarf Warpriest

Adrik stands up, finishes his beer, and sets the mug down on the table with a *thud*. "I'm ready to go when ev'ryone else is."

Dramesh
2012-02-15, 01:25 PM
Zayna, Human Assassin

Finishing her wine, Zayna look at the dwarf: "I'm ready too, is everyone else ready to go too ?"

Leolo
2012-02-15, 02:12 PM
"I'll have to get some of my things packed before we start, but you could meet me in an hour at the gate. I promise not to be late."

Fflammn is saying with a smile and wants to leave the tavern.

TitoElito
2012-02-15, 05:00 PM
Dom Birchtree

Dom grunts, "Ready." as he slings his maul over his shoulder.

oblivion6
2012-02-15, 06:32 PM
here. this should be more than enough to cover any expenses you may incure during your trip. he says handing all of you 150 gold. when you return look for me at the guard barracks or in the mayors palace. good luck, and be careful

Emongnome777
2012-02-15, 08:54 PM
Adrik, Dwarf Warpriest

Adrik takes the pouch of coins and glances at it, checking to see that it's close to the 150 gp promised. He didn't care much about the coins, but defrauding the group at this point would've cast a dim light on the Commander.

He stands up and nods respectfully to the Commander. "Me thanks. Moradin be with ye as well." Looking at the rest of the group, he adds, "guess we ortta be gettin' some supplies 'n headin' out."

Dramesh
2012-02-15, 09:27 PM
Zayna, Human Assassin

Zayna took the coin purse and put it in her own. "Well, we'll be buying provitions and gears. We'll come back as soon as we completed the mission, or die trying." She add with a smile.

TitoElito
2012-02-15, 09:36 PM
Dom Birchtree

"Supplies? What supplies we need?" says Dom, scratching his head.

Boss_Smiley
2012-02-16, 12:50 AM
OOC
Shoot, sorry guys, I wrote my post thinking you guys were at the city gates already. I'll repost when appropriate.

Leolo
2012-02-16, 05:57 AM
Fflammn die indeed pack his gear and provisions, but the real reason why he left the tavern and the group early was more delicate.

He visits a small house and leaves a message there:

I am leaving the town to southeast, heading for a small fort. Demon worshippers might have brought artifacts into their hands at this place. Contact me with magic.

Fflammn

Emongnome777
2012-02-16, 10:11 AM
Adrik, Dwarf Warpriest

Adrik finds the general supply store and purchases some rations, rope and a climbing kit. Confident he has his materials in order, he heads to the town gate and waits for the rest of the group to arrive and start the mission.

TitoElito
2012-02-17, 01:24 PM
Dom is waiting for everyone at the town gate. He waves to Adrik as Adrik shows up.

Dramesh
2012-02-17, 01:34 PM
Zayna, Human Assassin

Zayna head to the general store and purchase some rations, some thieves tools. Then head to the meeting place

Boss_Smiley
2012-02-17, 02:04 PM
As you all prepare to leave you hear a cry from behind you, "Wait, wait, I'm coming"

A young man runs up to you through the lightly crowded street. He is quite plain looking, wearing simple clothing colored with green and a sort of brown that matches the dirt that appears seemingly at random all over him. He carries a staff that seems to be more of a gnarled branch than anything, and a pack upon his back.

*huff, huff* "Are you the group that" *huff* "Commander Ellanor spoke of?"

Catching his breath slightly, he stands a little taller. "My name is Alaister, I showed up late, but I'm supposed to go with you". "Man, I hope I know what I'm doing" he thinks to himself

Makiru
2012-02-17, 02:50 PM
Ironbark, Pixie Paladin

As the other party members went about their business, Ironbark sat nestled in the folds of Zayna's hood, contemplating what he had heard. So, the queen was right and not just sending me on another wild goose chase., the tiny warrior mused to himself. I'll just sit here a bit longer and see where my reflection takes me.

Zayna hadn't been listening to him lately, big surprise, but at the moment that suited Ironbark just fine. If there were demon worshipers about in this old fort, it would be better for him to use his small stature in combination with her stealth to gain a tactical advantage. And if she didn't even realize he was there, so much the better.

oblivion6
2012-02-17, 05:01 PM
as you set out from the city the lightly wooded lands around trantyr begin to clear out into the great grasslands region which dominates the nations center. you pass a few isolated homes and farmsteads but nothing major. until about 2 days into the trip when you find the center of the road barricaded by about a dozen peasants of all people which is clearly a serious breach of the law considering this is a public road

halt!!! what is your business in this area?!! a peasant hefting a rusty sword shouts at you as he sees you approaching.

Boss_Smiley
2012-02-17, 05:16 PM
Approaching the peasants, Alaister's face contorts slightly with curiosity and frustration.

What are these people doing? I wonder if the cultists have influence out here?

"Um, we were sent by Commander Ellanor." With a little bit more confidence, "What are you doing here in this public road?".

Dramesh
2012-02-17, 05:39 PM
Zayna, Human Assassin

As she see the druid take a step forward, Zayna look at the Druid and say: "I think these lads are telling us that they will clear the way for us so we can go and kill the cultists we were sent for" Looking at the peasants with an mean look "Right ?"

OCC
Intimitade agains the peasants:[roll0]

oblivion6
2012-02-17, 05:52 PM
the man who seems to be in charge of the peasants visibly flinches and takes a step backwards after taking a look at zaynas face

umm. of course thats what we meant ma`m. just be careful. brigands have been sighted as of late taking advantage of the lack of troops patrolling the road

Dramesh
2012-02-17, 07:15 PM
Zayna, human Assassin

Mostly happy by her success over these low-life peasants, she smile and look at her companions: "Shall we go?"

Leolo
2012-02-17, 08:53 PM
Fflammn smiles at Zayna

Can't wait for it. But it would be best to stop telling someone what our business is.

It is clear that he is not used to state his missions openly and maybe that is a good idea for a demonhunter.

Makiru
2012-02-18, 04:57 AM
Ironbark couldn't help but smirk to himself. Maybe part of his personality and ethics was rubbing off on her after all. She did diffuse the situation without resorting to physical violence. Now, if only he could get rid that predilection to plan to kill everybody she meets, then he could make her into a somewhat-upstanding citizen. But, as of right now, the pixie was still no miracle worker.

"Atta girl."

Emongnome777
2012-02-18, 02:34 PM
Adrik, Dwarf Warpriest

Adrik stays quiet as others deal with the peasants. He grips his hammer, but doesn't take any aggressive action. Once Zanya deals with them, he relaxes a little bit, but resumes his defensive posture when one mentions brigands. As they leave, he keeps his hammer and shield out, keeping careful watch.

Perception Check to watch for an ambush: [roll0]
(Passive Perception = 19)

Boss_Smiley
2012-02-18, 07:06 PM
Alaister, Human Druid

I'm glad we got out of there without any sort of fight. Zayna is a little scary though, so is that Flammn guy.

Flammn is right though, we should be careful, there's no telling who we can trust.

As the group continues on their way, Alaister stays near the center of everyone, looking around periodically for any signs of the brigands that the peasants described.

oblivion6
2012-02-18, 07:13 PM
as your party continues along the road you encounter nothing until a few hours later when you come to a crossroads on the south bound road your partys been following. camped at the crossroads is about a half dozen travelers. which is odd considering theres still several hours of daylight left

adrik
you notice that these travelers seem to have been camped here for quite a while. they also appear to be quite shabby looking

Makiru
2012-02-18, 08:13 PM
Ironbark peeked over Zayna's shoulder and slumped back down into his hiding spot. He didn't want to blow his cover if he didn't have to, but if things got out of hand, he would reveal himself to play mediator.

"Zayna, stay calm and ask what they are doing here. Don't reveal the mission unless they steer the conversation that way. Attempt to stay civil, above all else. Being confident in your actions is good, but coming off too strong will just fluster them into irrational decisions, like combat, something we don't want yet."

Boss_Smiley
2012-02-18, 08:44 PM
OOC: I'm assuming Adrik shares that information somehow, otherwise Alaister probably wouldn't be making active checks right now

Maybe I'm just being too jittery, but I'd rather be safe than sorry
Approaching the group slowly, Alaister attempts to spot any armor or weaponry the travelers might be wearing. At the same time he extends his senses into the natural world, probing for any signs of danger.

OOC:
Perception for the weapon and armor being worn: [roll0]
Uses Senses of the wild, attempting to detect any corpses (which is automatic within 5 squares) and poison around the group of travelers [roll1]

Emongnome777
2012-02-18, 09:01 PM
Adrik, Dwarf Warpriest

Adrik mutters under his breath to the group. "Looks like they've been here fer a while, not to mention they're lookin' pretty shabby. They may not post a threat, but if'n they're desperate, no tellin' how they will respond to other travellers. Approach, but keep yer eyes open."

Leolo
2012-02-19, 03:28 AM
"First of all: Which way do we have to take afterwards? Should we head farther south or leave the road? The Fort is in the southeast, so maybe we could take the eastern road."

Fflammn thinks about his knowledge of this region and tries to remember what he knows about the roads they are traveling in.

But then he goes on to the immediate task.

"We should find out who they are and where they are from. Every information about the fort could be valuable. But be careful, they could also be a bunch of orcs or undead, waiting for travelers.."

In fact he tries to find out what they are. Knowledge is power, and Fflammn tries to use it.

History: try to remember what Fflammn had heard about the road:
1d20+10
Nature check to identify them if they are natural: [roll0]

Religion if they are undead: [roll1]

Arcana: detect magic: [roll2]

Dramesh
2012-02-19, 04:13 PM
Zayna, Human Assassin

Zayna listen to Ironback and nodded. He was annoying sometimes but he also was useful... at time. As she look at the persons, she then says: "I'm on Fflammn side, every information we'll be needed. Maybe we should approach them and ask nicely for their whereabout."

oblivion6
2012-02-19, 04:49 PM
fflammn
history: you remember the road is normally safe and well patrolled but is now dangerous due to the lack of patrols lately

nature: they are natural creatures

religion: they are not undead

arcana: no detectable sources of magic nearby other than your party

Leolo
2012-02-19, 05:07 PM
"I am always the nice guy, proud on my good manners."

Fflammn grins and nods.

But be careful, they look like thieves and robbers.

Boss_Smiley
2012-02-19, 09:43 PM
Alaister, Human Druid

I suppose aggression would be totally uncalled for since we haven't been provoked, but they still worry me

OOC:
I ready an action to use nature's growth if the travelers charge at us, intending to use the difficult terrain it creates in order to prevent the charge.

TitoElito
2012-02-20, 01:25 AM
Dom Birchtree

"Oy! Callin' it an early day are ye?" Dom calls out to the other travelers, spinning his maul on his shoulder as he does so.

oblivion6
2012-02-20, 03:29 AM
well of course we stopped early. this is our highway!! however we recently came upon some hard times. would you like to loan us some money to resecure the road? one of the travelers shouts out as they all begin to move towards you all

Emongnome777
2012-02-20, 08:07 AM
Adrik, Dwarf Warpriest

Adrik grips his shield and hammer, seeing the travellers approach menacingly. Though nothing short of combat will likely resolve this situation, he blurts out, "well, if'n ye are short on funds, then do like decent folk and get a job! Layin' claim to a highway will only get ye hurt."

oblivion6
2012-02-20, 03:34 PM
to prove our good will we will ask you again. give us your money or we will be forced to take it by force. the leader of the brigands says as he draws his blade

Makiru
2012-02-20, 05:22 PM
The situation was devolving fast, and Ironbark could no longer afford to stay hidden, lest they come to blows. The fighting against the demon cultists has probably been hard on everybody; these men could just be down on their luck and desperate for coin just to eat another day, rather than just mere bandits.

Ironbark blasted out from Zayna's hood, wings buzzing to the point of invisibility to hold aloft his somewhat-impressive 1'2" frame, clad in heavy beetle plate armor. He proceeded to get between the two parties and hold out his arms, trying to buy some time to develop a non-lethal compromise.

"STOP!", he squeaked at the top of his lungs.

OOC
Insight check to read the true intent of the squatters, just desperate for coin, or genuinely wish to kill us: [roll0]

Boss_Smiley
2012-02-20, 06:00 PM
Alaister, Human Druid

Startled, Alaister nearly drops his staff from the surprise arrival of Ironbark.
Wow! A Pixie! I've only ever heard of those. I wonder what it is doing here, it seems to have come from Zayna's pack, hmmmm.

Alaister braces himself for combat, he is not as confident that fighting won't be necessary as the newly arrived pixie. He has seen hunger before and knows what some will do to sate the desire.

Emongnome777
2012-02-20, 06:49 PM
Adrik, Dwarf Warpriest

Adrik is likewise surprised to see a pixie to emerge from Zayna's hood. He's never heard of such a creature, but his knowledge is limited to his time in the underdark, so he simply chalks it up to lack of above ground knowledge.

He keeps his weapon and shield tightly in hand, but waits to see how the brigands respond to this new creature. If nothing else, it'll make them have to recount how many they are up against.

Dramesh
2012-02-20, 09:42 PM
Zayna, Human Assassin

As Ironbark jump out of her hood, Zayna sighted, she had forgotten about him. As he tried to stop the enemies, she ready her weapons, preparing for combat. In her inner part, she wish that Ironbark failed to stop them and that she could bring death to these raiders. Seeing as everyone is surprised by the pixie, she said: "Don't worry, he's with us. I'll explain later to you."

oblivion6
2012-02-20, 09:45 PM
the mans eyeballs nearly pops out of his socket after seeing the pixie but he quickly regains his composure. well thats not something you see everyday. but no matter i will give you one more chance

ironbark
you sense no innate cruelty in these men they seem to just have some bad luck following them. in fact you can also sense that the leader of these men is rather hesitant to resort to violence which is why hes giving you all these chanced to pay up

Emongnome777
2012-02-20, 10:00 PM
Adrik, Dwarf Warpriest

Adrik snorts. "We can have a hunner' chances 'n it won't change nuthin'! Yer better off leavin' us be. Go home 'fer ye get yerselves killed."

Boss_Smiley
2012-02-20, 10:11 PM
Alaister, Human Druid

Aww man, these people don't know what they're doing. A fight now would probably end badly for them and weaken us for any battle against the cultists later. It may not amount to much but I should try to stop them.

Please, I know times are tough, but you must believe me when I say that any battle here will not work out well for you.

OOC:
Diplomacy to stop the men from fighting us: [roll0]

Mythweavers isn't working for me right now but I'm pretty sure I trained Diplomacy, and so would have +5

TitoElito
2012-02-20, 11:05 PM
Dom Birchtree

Dom begins to tighten his grip on his maul, but seeing the pixie come out, he lets out a hearty laugh and spins his maul one more time as if it emphasized the humor in the situation.

Leolo
2012-02-21, 03:27 AM
Fflammn puts the hood back and reveals his devilish horns.

"Come over here and burn, and i shall see if your soul is worth my money when i torture it to the end of the times in the fires of the unholy beast. It will cry for hundreds of years until agony stops the screams.

Your flesh will be eaten, your bones will be crushed and when they lie here at the road it will be a feast for the wolves.

How much of my money do you want from me so that i can see this entertainment?"

Makiru
2012-02-22, 01:23 AM
Ironbark sputtered a bit at the reactions of the others. Save one or two, they were genuinely violent, even though he could tell that the bandits' leader really didn't want to do this.

"Allow me to offer a compromise. We've been hired for a job and will be making a fair amount of money upon our return, in addition to what we can gather at the job site. As you can tell from my size, I have little need for many possessions, but you and yours do. In exchange for letting us through, back and forth, no bloodshed, I will bequeath unto you my personal monetary earnings, hopefully enough to get by on for at least a few days. I still have some money on my person, and it would be little trouble for me to return to give you my payment. Is this agreeable to you?"

OOC
Diplomacy to see if they will agree to these terms: [roll0]

Leolo
2012-02-22, 01:32 AM
Flammn looks at the pixy and whispers:

Has he just told them that we will come back loaded with treasure in a few days? Why not telling them we will be exhausted and have expended much of our power until then? That should really make them to our friends.

oblivion6
2012-02-22, 01:37 AM
the leaders eyes open wide, shocked by your kind offer no tricks? he then lowers his blade and motions for the others to do the same. let them pass boys. your free to go on ahead

TitoElito
2012-02-22, 07:54 AM
Dom Birchtree

Dom starts whistling as he resumes spinning his maul on his shoulder. As they get out of earshot, he asks the pixie with a puzzled look on his face, "Weren't those people bad? Aren't paladins like you supposed to stop bad people? They were being mean to those peasants before weren't they?"

Emongnome777
2012-02-22, 11:02 AM
Adrik, Dwarf Warpriest

Adrik shrugs. "I ain't sure we did the right thing. Yeah, them brigands seem to be stealin' fer survival, but tell that to the next group that travels this way. They let us go 'cause they knew they'd lose in a fight. Offerin' them money only encourages them to keep stealin'."

Boss_Smiley
2012-02-22, 12:36 PM
Alaister, Human Druid

"I don't know if there is a 'right thing' in that situation. Any money they get won't last them forever, they'll just continue their banditry, and beating them senseless is hardly helpful. If we had the time or money to help them on an ongoing basis, that might do something, but we don't have time, and I don't know about you guys, but I don't have the money"

Leolo
2012-02-22, 01:42 PM
"You are thinking to much about what might be good for them or for the next guys. The question is if it is good to tell everyone: hey, we are the adventurers on a quest and want to infiltrate the cultists.

That could kill us if any of those guys tells it to them. They will ambush us and use this artifacts for whatever they want. And if they don't those guys will...after we have told them that it will be totally worth it, because we are loaded with treasure.

We have to stop this, immediatly. I will cast a red blinking shield "shoot me" over the next one who is talking about our quest to anyone. This is serious, i want my money from this quest - not an early grave."

Fflammn looks at the group, obviously not very satisfied with the behaviour.

Dramesh
2012-02-22, 05:57 PM
Zayna, Human Assassin

Zayna smiled: "I'm looking forward for that time. Fflammn is right, if anyone hear that and report, the enemy will know were coming and will be ready to receive us. I'm also against the idea to give them money, if they can't get some by themseves they can rot in a bush for all I care. If we give our money to everyone, we'll be the ones to ask charity to them. And I don't EVER want to ask, understand?"

Makiru
2012-02-22, 06:11 PM
Ironbark sighed at the remarks of his companions. He had to do what he thought was right, that was all there was to it.

"I mentioned no specifics of our job; that still needs to be kept secret. Also, I only offered what I earn, the rest of you can and will be paid. Oh, that reminds me!"

The pixie turned back to the bandit leader and handed him 20 miniscule gold pieces, which expanded back to human size once they had left his hands.

"A show of good faith on my part. Make it last and don't betray that faith."

Leolo
2012-02-22, 06:31 PM
Out of the sight of the raiders the discussion goes on

"You shouldn't tell them anything. If you want to give them money do it silent. And don't justify it with 'i have not told them everything' - you do have said them that we will come back with a reward. Treasure. Money. What do you think those guys will do?

If i would be one of them i would call for more men and ambush us as soon as possible, and sent someone to follow us. And if they find out where we are going? Maybe the demonworshippers pay more than 20 gold"

Fflammn is now really angry.

"Think about it at least. You don't travel alone, and if you are not carefull this will not kill only you."

Makiru
2012-02-22, 08:46 PM
"Perhaps you can justify the murder of relatively-innocent people, but I can't. This is why I didn't want to reveal myself until necessary, but the situation pushed my hand."

Ironbark turned to face the tiefling at eye level, furrowing his brow.

"I gave them one chance. That's all they get. Should they return my kindness and generosity with betrayal, I will not hesitate to strike them down."

Dramesh
2012-02-22, 10:04 PM
Zayna, Human Assassin

"This little fella can be a pain in the *** but he can actually be really helpful to kill people, trust me... or not, all depends on you" she added with a wink at the tiefling.

Leolo
2012-02-23, 07:01 AM
"Let's hope so, and hope it will not be us that he really helps to get killed." he answers and follows the road again.

It is pretty clear that his anger has not vanished, Fflammn looks full of emotion and passion and his eyes seems to burn with it.

He hides his horns under the hood again as good as possible and looks back often during the next hours to find out if those brigands follow them.

Emongnome777
2012-02-23, 01:52 PM
Adrik, Dwarf Warpriest

Adrik listens to the argument, but has since let the encounter pass from his mind. Now, he's content to refocus himself on the mission ahead. The potential conflict with the cultists was all that was driving him.

oblivion6
2012-02-23, 07:01 PM
the rest of your trip to the fort is without incident.

before you a large hill is seen in the distance. resting atop this hill is old broken-tooth keep with its continuously renovated walls and commanding view of the surrounding countryside. once owned by its namesake the broken-tooth orc tribe the keep has stood watch over the border for nearly a century. off to the west of the fort you see a low range of hills. the rest off the region is just the flat grassland you have become accustomed to during your trip

Boss_Smiley
2012-02-23, 11:44 PM
Alaister, Human Druid

As he sees the approach to the keep, "Shoot, looks like getting there undetected won't be as easy as I was hoping. Although, there is little other way to check if the keep has been over-run by cultists than to alert them to our presence anyhow"

Maybe there is some way to use the landscape that will allow for a stealthy approach.

OOC:
Nature Check to see if I can find a way to approach the keep that is stealthy in some way: [roll0]
Perception Check in case you think it might be relevant: [roll1]

oblivion6
2012-02-24, 12:39 AM
alaister
there are some patches of tall grass that can pry be used to get closer to the hill. however you cant spot any way to make it up the hill without being seen

Boss_Smiley
2012-02-24, 01:22 AM
Alaister, Human Druid

"Look over there, we should be able to hide in that tall grass, and if we wait until nightfall, it shouldn't be too hard to get close enough to the keep to check things out without alerting everyone inside"

Ironbark and Zayna shouldn't have too hard a time anyways, unfortunately it might be better for the rest of us to wait.

Leolo
2012-02-24, 02:56 AM
"I can cast a spell to make us harder to see, but it will not be invisibility, but only a concealment. We should search the hidden entry to the escape tunnel the commander had mentioned."

The Tiefling knees down and blows some rare herbs in the wind, while making arcane gestures. The herbs follow his movement, and some minutes later they lay on you as as if the group would have used color and grass to become hidden.

"I can control the spell and hide us in every surrounding, but don't expect to much help from it once we are detected. You have to stay silent by yourself"

Traveler's camouflage: Nature check [roll0]
+2 on stealth for the next 10 hours, works not for stealth in combat. -2 to find our tracks

Emongnome777
2012-02-24, 07:37 AM
Adrik, Dwarf Warpriest

Adrik nods to Alaister and Fflammn. "I ain't one fer sneakin' 'round, so any help is greatly appreciated. Are we waitin' fer nightfall to search fer the secret entrance? The commander said it was at some abandoned mine, so we ortta look fer one of those."

Makiru
2012-02-24, 08:10 AM
Ironbark nodded in approval.

"Contrary to what my size may make you think, I'm quite horrible at stealth and it's a marvel that I remained undetected as long as I did."

"Nevertheless, we have found ourselves in a poor tactical situation. We can only assume that they have seen our approach already. Waiting until nightfall presents two problems as well. Most of us are unable to see well in the dark, and we don't know how well anybody in the fort can see in the dark either. The best advice I can think of is to wait until early dusk to begin searching for the mine, which should at least obscure our movements. Unless someone can create a rolling fog bank from their fingers, that is the best I have."

Leolo
2012-02-24, 09:36 AM
"Why do you think they should have already seen us? This hill is still far away, and even if they have seen us - we could still be travelers. And if we sneak to the hills on the right side of the fort in a large circle i doubt they will notice us.

The mine have to be somewhere within this hills."

Boss_Smiley
2012-02-24, 11:21 AM
Alaister, Human Druid

"Before we search for the secret entrance, shouldn't we confirm that the fort has been captured? If we wait in the tall grass we can send one or two people to investigate while the rest of us are ready to help them if it is needed. I thought waiting for the night would be helpful, but I don't know much about sneaking around myself."

Leolo
2012-02-24, 03:26 PM
Maybe someone who is able to sneak should try it this night. I don't want to stand at the frontdoor and ask: "Are you the demon worshippers that have taken the fort?"

Boss_Smiley
2012-02-24, 03:38 PM
Alaister

"Yeah, that is just what I was thinking"

Turning to Zayna, "It seems like you're the best here at getting around unnoticed, would you be willing to investigate while we wait nearby? If the coast looks clear, I would like to look myself, but I'd prefer if you went first"

Emongnome777
2012-02-24, 03:40 PM
Adrik, Dwarf Warpriest

"Whoever goes sneakin' around needs to be careful. Obviously it ain't me, but I promise ye I'll come help whoe'er does if'n they get caught."

Makiru
2012-02-24, 05:10 PM
"I was merely stating my opinion on the matter, but your suggestion is sound. I will return to my original hiding spot and will assist Zayna only if she cannot avoid a combat situation, which, with her skills, should be unlikely."

Dramesh
2012-02-24, 06:56 PM
Zayna, Human Assassin

Listening to her comrades and their plan, she finally talk: "I can go with little pixie here, I'll go scout the fort tonight and bring back news of what's going on inside."

Boss_Smiley
2012-02-24, 07:15 PM
Alaister

OOC:
This is a stealth check to hide in the tall grass at the base of the keep. I am including the +2 from Fflammn's ritual but not anything for it being dark out.
Stealth: [roll0]

Just wanted to get this out of the way so that I would be down there and wouldn't hold up the thread or anything.

oblivion6
2012-02-24, 07:45 PM
as the day wears on you are suprised to find that there is no one to be seen on top of the forts wall. however there is a large number of crows in the forts vicinity. even that night you find that at first glance everything appears quiet without the customary evening sentries or anything. thats all you can see from this distance. you'll have to get closer for more info

OOC
wow. i think i may have confused even myself up there. basicly other than the large numbers of crows you dont see any thing else of interest like sentries or torches

alaister
you succeed in staying hiddenin th tall grass. anything in particilar your looking for? are you climbing the base of the hill as well?

Dramesh
2012-02-26, 10:25 AM
Zayna, Human Assassin

After the fall of night, Zayna prepared herself and say to the group: "I'm going scout around the tower and will try to gauge the situation. I'll come back afterward. If there's trouble I'll throw a sunrod in the air. But I think there will be no need."

She then head toward the fort passing in the tall grass as she approach her target. She then circle around once the fort to see possible entry or enemy.

OCC

Stealth check: [roll0]
Perception check: [roll1]

oblivion6
2012-02-26, 11:08 PM
zayna
from what you can see on the outside the fort appears to be deserted. also odd is the fact that while the gate is wide open it shows no signs of forced entry

Dramesh
2012-02-27, 01:37 PM
Zayna, Human Assassin

She head for the gate as silently and stealthy possible, wishing to look in the inside.

oblivion6
2012-02-27, 11:53 PM
zayna
okay you manage to get to the front gate.

what awaits you inside the walls is a scene straight out of hell. mangled and broken bodys litter the ground in here. many of the bodys are so badly defaced from both time and the various carrion birds that it is impossible to identify any of their features without closer examination. however you do notice that everyone of the bodies bears the trappings of a white badger on their mailshirts

Makiru
2012-02-29, 11:49 PM
Ironbark gives a silent prayer to these fallen warriors, hoping that they will find their eternal reward...or punishment, if that is what they deserve.

OOC
Religion check and Insight check to glean any sort of relevance from the badger crest.

Religion: [roll0]
Insight: [roll1]

Emongnome777
2012-03-01, 10:47 AM
Adrik, Dwarf Warpriest

Adrik surveys the carnage before him, exclaiming under his breath, "great Moradin's beard!" He then kneels and says a quick prayer. He walks around the courtyard, looking to see what other evidence he could find about the dead and who did this while keeping his hammer and shield at the ready.

OOC
Perception Check to search around: [roll0]
History Check on the white badger emblem: [roll1] (add 5 if a religion check is more appropriate)

Boss_Smiley
2012-03-01, 01:14 PM
Alaister, Human Druid

Approaching the fort slowly, Alaister grips his staff tightly, anxious despite his surrounding allies. Nearing the entrance to the fort, his senses stretched into the natural world, he receives advanced warning of the upcoming carnage, but it is not enough to prepare him for the grisly image that confronts him upon rounding the corner. He stands, mouth agape, for a moment staring at the mangled bodies within the fort. As his party member pass around him he snaps back to his senses, and begins examining the bodies, trying to identify any unusual causes for their passing.

OOC:
Heal check to identify the causes of death and how long ago they were killed: [roll0]
Also, I'm assuming there is enough light to see these things clearly, if not I can summon an air spirit to provide light for me.

Dramesh
2012-03-01, 02:51 PM
Zayna. Human Assassin

As her companions came back with her, seeing again the scene of the massacre, she said to the group: "I think the fort was taken, I said we should head inside to find the ones who do that and payback a thousand fold."

Makiru
2012-03-01, 05:15 PM
Ironbark nodded back to his "better" half.

"Agreed. Transgressions of this nature should not go unpunished. However, it would be prudent to gather more information before rushing in."

He looked back up at the circling crows and waved to get their attention. As a being intrinsically tied to nature, he could converse with the animals most mortals could not hear.

OOC
Diplomacy check with the crows (using Speak with Beasts racial feature) to find out if they saw anything regarding the occupants of the fort that we haven't already figured out.

[roll0]

oblivion6
2012-03-01, 06:22 PM
between all 6 of you you manage to learn the following imformation

badger:symbol of an ancient holy order dedicated to serving the gods. many of the forts defenders were members of this order

it appears that the men were killed about a week ago. according to the crows it seems a large group of men bearing the symbol of the badger were let in without question. these men then turned upon the occupants of the fort and slaughtered them. in other words it was the forts defenders versus an unknown group dressed like the defenders

TitoElito
2012-03-01, 11:11 PM
Dom Birchtree

Dom tightens his grip on his hammer. Through clenched teeth, he says "Many will not survive this wary, but our enemies most certainly will NOT."

Boss_Smiley
2012-03-01, 11:34 PM
Alaister

A sudden fear begins to irk Alaister, "What if some of them are still within the fort? Perhaps we should go through the fort, we can search for clues at the same time. Shall we go together or in pairs?"

I hope they've all left. I want justice as much as they do, but we haven't been tested in combat, and clearly they have an impressive force

Alaister then reaches into the air and seems to pull out a flickering light from nothingness. It circles slowly and playfully around his open hand, out of place in it's joviality amongst the massacre.

OOC:
Use air spirit to create a light and search around the inside of the courtyard looking for the number and position of entrances to areas within the fort itself

oblivion6
2012-03-02, 04:23 PM
alaister
aside from the obvious main door into the keep you find what looks to be a servants entrance into the celler

adrik
on one of mens faces you see an odd design. you, being the holy warrior that you are recognize the symbol to be that of an obscure sect of orcus

Dramesh
2012-03-02, 05:05 PM
Zayna

Zayna, Annoyed by the time all her comrades takes simply say: "So shall we get inside now?"

Boss_Smiley
2012-03-02, 05:17 PM
Alaister

Standing from his crouching position, "I'll be with you minute Zayna, I want to take a quick look into the cellar." Falstaff then begins walking slowly towards the cellar door while continuing, "There shouldn't be anything important down there, but best not to ignore it"

Reaching the door, Falstaff pushes it open slowly, hands trembling slightly. At least I hope there is nothing down there. The door open, he casts the light floating around his hand into the darkness, and readies himself to strike anything that might be lurking within.

oblivion6
2012-03-03, 10:08 PM
alaister
the scene that awaits you inside the celler is only slightly better than the one outside. you see about a dozen servants and scullery boys strewn across the room, all showing multiple causes of death. the only thing different in here than outside is in 1 corner of the room you see a young half-elf woman surrounded by atleast half a dozen dead soldiers who wouldnt look out of place if instead of the army they were serving in a band of highway men. oddly enough it seems that these soldiers bodys are in much better shape than the ones outside, whether its from the lack of carrion birds or the time of death remains to be seen. the half elfs body shows none of the usual signs of decay

Makiru
2012-03-04, 03:48 AM
OOC
Just to clarify, are you saying that the half-elf is still alive?

oblivion6
2012-03-04, 03:56 AM
OOC
she seems to be yes. but just barely

Boss_Smiley
2012-03-04, 06:03 PM
Alaister

By the Gods.

"Someone is alive down here, help me."

Alaister runs down the stairs, flooding the cellar with light. Stepping as gingerly as he can around the corpses he approaches the half-elf, crouching as he reaches her.

"Are you okay? Me and my friends are here to help."

Makiru
2012-03-04, 07:21 PM
Ironbark raced down the stairs as fast as his little wings would take him. The sight was grizzly, but he steeled his nerves and focused on the task at hand. The half-elf was badly hurt, that much was obvious, but he would need to examine closer to find the sources of her injuries.

OOC
Heal check to diagnose and treat: [roll0]

Emongnome777
2012-03-04, 09:30 PM
Adrik, Dwarf Warpriest

"By the gods...", Adrik says under his breath as he moves gingerly around the corpses to assist Ironbark. He mutters a prayer to Moradin and sets to healing the half-elf.

Heal Check to aid another Ironbark: [roll0]

Healing Word on the half-elf (if she has any healing surges): Surge value + [roll1]

oblivion6
2012-03-05, 12:49 AM
you find that she had been slowly bleeding out from multiple wounds. its not easy but you manage to keep her alive. after you manage to stabilize her condition she seems to start breathing a bit easier and her heartbeat grows more regular.

soon after her condition improves her eyelids flutter open and she breaths wh-what happened?

Leolo
2012-03-05, 02:27 AM
"That is something we like to hear from you. It seems as if you have killed this men, and we want to know more about them."

Fflammn has his hood over his head, but still the horns can be seen, the red skin and his devilish grin.

"Find your breath, take your time. We will have enough of it for questioning"

He is not really aggressive, but his voice is dark and it seems that his normal form of questioning includes violence. Or maybe this is just a feeling that is caused by his outlook? Either way, at least he tries not to scare her, without letting her know who he and his company are.

Diplomacy: [roll0]

Dramesh
2012-03-05, 02:17 PM
Zayna

Standing besides all the companions taking care of the survivor, she stand there and wait patiently, no can do for this part. If so much people questions her she might shut on herself and not reveal the info she has. Zayna still watch the entry to be sure there would not be an ambush on us.

Boss_Smiley
2012-03-05, 06:19 PM
Alaister

Watching his allies rush to assist the strange half-elf Alaister reflects briefly on his abilities, he is able to direct nature's energies but not to potent effect, and certainly not to heal the injured. Nature is full of vital energy, this is true, but it is also an endless engine of destruction, a cyclical structure of death and birth.

Snapping out of his thinking for a moment, he steps aside as Fflammn approaches the girl. He turns to the onlooking Zayna, "I think we should check the rest of the fort, their may be more injured, and they may not last very long" he says to Zayna but also more generally. "If she is well enough to move, then I can protect her if anything happens, and Fflammn, you can keep an eye on her"

oblivion6
2012-03-05, 09:01 PM
the half-elf takes a few moments to catch her breath and get her bearing and then says the last thing i remember is tracking a small group of demon worshippers across the frontier regions after they killed my father while raiding across the border. she thinks for a moment then says more than that i cant say. thats all i remember.

Emongnome777
2012-03-05, 09:14 PM
Adrik, Dwarf Warpriest

"Ye cannae remember? Did ye have any'un with ye? Do ye know any o' these bodies in here?"

oblivion6
2012-03-05, 09:32 PM
the girl looks at the dwarf and says no. i was alone.i think. i cant say for certain

Boss_Smiley
2012-03-05, 09:45 PM
Alaister

Falstaff gazes thoughtfully at the girl for a moment. Hmmm, either she is lying to us or something so terrible has happened to her that she has truly forgotten.

"In any case" he begins softly, "we should look through the rest of the fort, to see if we can find any other survivors. Afterwards we can find somewhere to rest, perhaps some peace will restore your memories"

OOC:
Insight check to see if she seems to legitimately have forgotten everything: [roll0]

oblivion6
2012-03-05, 10:02 PM
OOC
her claims about not remembering anything seems to be legitamite

Leolo
2012-03-06, 02:08 AM
Where have you been catched? And when?

Fflammn asks while he searches the soldiers arround her. "Those soldiers are not as long here as the rest of the defenders. And i am courious what have killed them."

Perception check to search the soldiers [roll0]
Heal check to see what has killed them [roll1]

Emongnome777
2012-03-06, 10:10 AM
Adrik, Dwarf Warpriest

"We ain't got time to be a askin' questions all night. We gotta git movin' to see if there be any more o' them cultists. I noticed one o' them dead above had a symbol on their face that was from some obscure sect o' Orcus. Let's take the lass 'n keep goin'. We can ask more questions as we go." Turning to the half-elf, he extends his hand. "It ain't safe down 'ere alone, ma'am. Ye be safer with us. My name be Adrik, by the way. What be yers?"

oblivion6
2012-03-06, 10:22 AM
she taks the dwarfs hand and props herself up. thanks. my names lelei. i wish i could be of more help but i truly dont remember

fflammn
on the bodys you find a grand total of 15 gold plus their swords and chainshirts

as for what killed them, it seeems to be the multiple thrust wounds each of them bears

Emongnome777
2012-03-06, 02:01 PM
Adrik, Dwarf Warpriest

Adrik helps Lelei up and makes sure she's ready to travel. "Well, let's head inside the keep 'n git them cultists that did this." With his hammer and shield in hand, he heads back upstairs and into the keep.

Boss_Smiley
2012-03-07, 01:57 AM
Alaister

Following Adrik up the stairs, Alaister reaches through the air pulling out a small mote of light, that he then directs to encircle his staff.

OOC:
Using Air spirit again. It is a minor action, along with a minor to sustain the other one, and a move to leave the cellar. I will continue sustaining my first spirit until everyone else has left the cellar.

Leolo
2012-03-07, 03:03 AM
"We should find the stable. Maybe there are still horses, and if not we do know what kind of tracks we have to follow. But first the rooms of the commander. If the cultists have stolen something they have maybe searched the place thoroughly."

"It could be that they have had some fun with her, while waiting for their master to find the artifact. And after he found it...there was no more need for them." Fflammn tries to clear his thoughts.

He walks over to Zayna, and whispers her his suspection.

" I doubt they brought her by foot, or sneak to the keep with this girl on their back. There have to be tracks, of horses or a wagon. Or the secret passage. We need to search for it."

Dramesh
2012-03-07, 09:58 PM
Zayna

As Fflammn whisper to her, she nodded in silence in response to him. Looking at the group: "So we need to find them we should make 2 group to check the commander room and another to the stables. I suggest me and Fflammn to the commander room and Ironbark and Adrik with the Half-elf into the stables, is it ok with you ?"

Makiru
2012-03-08, 02:06 AM
"I would suggest you take Dom with you as well, in case of ambush. Otherwise, I am in agreement. If there are horses left, they may know the whereabouts of those we seek."

As much as he didn't want to leave Zayna alone, especially with that shifty mage, he had to trust in Dom to keep them out of trouble. Of course, relying on Dom made him worry just a little bit more, but if Adrik trusted him, that had to be enough. Besides, this was the best plan at the moment and arguing it would draw unnecessary suspicion towards him.

Ironbark flitted in front of Adrik and Leilei, brandishing his blade towards their intended destination.

"Hold back and defend our charge, so that I can better defend us all, if you would be so kind."

Emongnome777
2012-03-08, 09:26 AM
Adrik, Dwarf Warpriest

Adrik raises his eyebrow at the discussion. "Wait a minute! Ye meant to split us up what with them cultists still runnin' around? Bah, that'll just get us killed easier. We got time to search around together. I say we hit them stables first, then see about the rest."

Dramesh
2012-03-08, 04:42 PM
Zayna

With the argument of the dwarf, Zayna must agree that they will be stronger together than separated. "Okay if so think so we'll go all together."

Makiru
2012-03-08, 10:47 PM
"Whatever decision we make, we must make with haste, lest the enemy returns and we find ourselves unprepared and outnumbered."

Boss_Smiley
2012-03-09, 01:45 AM
Alaister

Surveying the bodies a final time, Alaister extinguishes the dancing light with a slight wave. We can't allow this to continue. He lets out a slow sigh before turning and joining the others on their way to the stables.

oblivion6
2012-03-09, 09:39 AM
OOC
could have sworn i had mentioned the stable when you 1st entered the fort

the stable is little more than a small run down outhouse. inside you see a dead stable boy but nothing else. the horses have been takem

Emongnome777
2012-03-09, 09:58 AM
Adrik, Dwarf Warpriest

Adrik looks around, but doesn't expect to find much.

Perception: [roll0]
"Where to now, the commander's room?", he asks.

OOC
Assuming he doesn't find anything, I suggest we move on.

Leolo
2012-03-09, 10:10 AM
Fflammn:

"That's good. They have taken the horses. It will be easier to find the cultists when a herd of horses is riding with them. I say we should check the commander's room, and follow those tracks after this."

He does not mention the artifact, although it is obvious that the tiefling wizard wants to check the commander's room for this reason.

Dramesh
2012-03-09, 01:22 PM
Zayna

"I agree with the charming tiefling, we should head to the commander room." She said with a smile as she look to Fflammn

oblivion6
2012-03-11, 11:32 PM
the interior of the fort is a dark place filled with even more corpses. suprisingly other than the corpses there is no sign of the cultists.

OOC
give me a marching order please

Emongnome777
2012-03-12, 01:08 PM
Adrik, Dwarf Warpriest

Adrik surveys the latest grouping of dead bodies. He carefully searches these for any new information he can get. He mutters a pray to Moradin as he does so.

Perception Check: [roll0]

What exits are out of this room?

Leolo
2012-03-12, 03:21 PM
"They should have killed at least some of their foes in a fight. Maybe they were surprised or killed with different tools.

Or someone has taken the dead cultists away. We should be carefull."

Fflammn listens if there are other voices in the halls and then searches the dead bodies to find out what has happened with them.

Dramesh
2012-03-12, 04:32 PM
Zayna

As Fflammn check the bodies, Zayna continue to check foward to see anything that may attack them or out of the ordinary.

Perception:[roll0]

oblivion6
2012-03-12, 05:03 PM
everyone
there is a door on both the right and the left side of this opening corridor

fflamn
only thing of interest on the bodies is a note written in a strange tongue(looks to be abyssal)

zayna
only thing unordinary in the room is the pile of corpses but even thats no suprise here

Emongnome777
2012-03-12, 06:47 PM
Adrik, Dwarf Warpriest

Adrik, after saying a prayer over the bodies, moves to the door on the left and listens before opening it and heading that way.

Eeesh, at least it's better than the last roll. :smallsigh:

Boss_Smiley
2012-03-12, 07:23 PM
Alaister

Following Adrik and bringing along Lelei, Alaister puzzles over the numerous deaths before him.

How could anyone have done this horrid act. These poor people, and they seem to have mounted no defense, how could that be so. They may have been poisoned or infected in some way, perhaps betrayed by one of their comrades.

OOC:
Use Senses of the Wild to automatically detect the presence of any diseases and gain a +5 on my perception check to detect any poison that may have been used against the guards.
Wow, that seems like a waste of the roll

Dramesh
2012-03-12, 08:14 PM
Zayna

Zayna go place herself before Adrik and enter a defensive stance in case of a surprise attack.

OOC
the stance is only a description, no game mecanics whatsoever.

Makiru
2012-03-13, 01:23 AM
Ironbark swivels back and forth in the air, trying to keep an eye on every possible entry a foe could use, sword poised at the ready. No more undeserving bodies would be added to that pile!

Leolo
2012-03-13, 03:26 AM
Fflammn puts away the note.

"It seems as if a cultist named kordak is responsible for this, but the message does not mention what they wanted to steal here. Maybe they did not know about it."

If Leilei is the descendent of a demon lord she could be dangerous. Fflammn does not mention her openly, but he watches her reaction when the name of the cultist is said.

Insight: [roll0]

Dramesh
2012-03-13, 02:46 PM
Zayna

Zayna look at Fflammn: "Then did the letter says why they are here?"

oblivion6
2012-03-13, 11:01 PM
the doorway to the left leads to a long narrow hallway which is suprisingly free of any bodys. there is a set of double doors on the right side of the hall along with a doorway at the end of the hall

alaister
ya it was a waste of a roll considering you detect no poison or disease. but very good roll nonetheless:smallbiggrin:

Emongnome777
2012-03-14, 12:17 PM
Adrik, Dwarf Warpriest

Adrik heads to the double-doors and listens carefully before opening if he hears nothing.

oblivion6
2012-03-14, 08:57 PM
the double doors lead to what looks to be the mess hall. about a dozen men lay slaughtered in here. doesnt look like much of a fight was put up. half eaten plates of food still line the tables

Emongnome777
2012-03-15, 07:41 AM
Adrik, Dwarf Warpriest

Adrik searches the mess hall before leaving and trying the door at the end of the hallway. He opens it if he hears nothing.

Perception Check to search the mess hall: [roll0]
Perception Check to listen at the door: [roll1]

I'm assuming that there's no other exits out of this room since none were specified.

Dramesh
2012-03-15, 03:50 PM
Zayna

Seeing that teh people offer almost no resistance to the attackers, she turn to her comrades : "Maybe the cultist was already infiltrated into the keep even before the attack, that would explain how no one really defend themselves up here."

Boss_Smiley
2012-03-15, 08:59 PM
Alaister

Seeing more bodies as Adrik investigates the mess hall, Alaister sighs and steps backwards. Turning his attention away from the dead he listens at the door in front of him, soon after being joined by Adrik.

OOC:
Perception Check at the door: [roll0]
Again? Where will these rolls be in a fight?!?

oblivion6
2012-03-15, 09:12 PM
through this room you see the first true signs of a fight as if the forts defenders had tried to finally rally and hold back the cultists. lying amidst a pile of rough shaven men bearing the marks of various demons you see a tall man dressed in a suit of plate armor. you see aeveral doors on both sides of the room as if this were some sort of common room

Emongnome777
2012-03-18, 02:42 PM
Adrik, Dwarf Warpriest

Adrik moves to the center of the room and quietly kneels down. Saying a prayer under his breath, he slowly gets back up and looks around. He then examines the body wearing the plate armor.

Stone Speak (You make a Perception check with a +5 power bonus to detect secret doors, hidden objects, and hidden creatures within 10 squares.)

What exactly are the exits to the room?

Boss_Smiley
2012-03-20, 01:48 PM
Alaister

As Aldrik begins searching about the room Alaister's eyes fall upon the armored man. hmm, this man seems to be of some importance, and quite a capable warrior. Perhaps he is the commander we are searching for.

Alaister crouches next to the body, and begins to search the armored corpse.

OOC:
Checking if there are any important documents or valuables on the armored man, as well as any of the artifacts we are searching for (guessing only the amulet would have gone unmentioned:

oblivion6
2012-03-24, 02:50 AM
everyone
there is 3 doors on the right and left sides of the room as well as a single door directly ahead of you

adrik, alaister
you 2 dont find any hidden doors or hidden creatures but it does become clear that the plate armored man was obviously a nobleman of some sort. the craftmanship of his gear is flawless but they do not appear magical in nature

Dramesh
2012-03-24, 11:55 AM
Zayna

She head toward the first door to the left, open it silently and take a quick look inside trying to see if there a threat inside the room.

OCC
perception[roll0]

Emongnome777
2012-03-24, 06:16 PM
Adrik, Dwarf Warpriest

Adrik follows Zayna and listens himself at the door. If he hears nothing, he goes through.

Boss_Smiley
2012-03-25, 02:38 PM
Alaister

While Zayna and Adrik look through one of the doors Alaister pauses for a moment, resting his head lightly against his staff. Hmmm, if I were a commander's office, where would I be?

OOC:
Dungeoneering check to ascertain the likely location of the commander's quarters given what is already known about the keep's layout: [roll0]

oblivion6
2012-03-26, 09:52 PM
as the assasin and the dwarf move towards a door the druid and the tiefling stand guard outside with lelei

adrik, zayna
you find yourselves in what looks to be one of the barracks dormitories as a pair of bunkbeds sit on either side of the room.

in the center of the room lies a table riddled with playing cards and gold coins, as if the men were gambling when the attack came

alaister
from what you know of this nations forts the garrison commanders quarters are often located right next to their mens barracks and are generaly not in much better shape. although this fort does sem to have been in pretty good shape before the attack.[/spoiler]

anyone with atleast a 18 passive perception
offhand you notice that lelei seems to be moving around the room in some sort of trance like state. nothing extremely noticable or obvious but she is clearly out of it

Dramesh
2012-03-26, 11:03 PM
Zayna

zayna walk to the table and take all the gold coins. ''We'll never know who was winning anyway, no?''

Leolo
2012-03-27, 01:53 AM
Fflammn follows Zayna and takes the cards.

"Well, maybe we can find it out later in another game. But it seems odd that no one has robbed this money. I don't think this men have been killed by other men. "

He searches the beds for hidden treasure or weapons, without noticing Leleis movements.

Emongnome777
2012-03-27, 08:27 AM
Adrik, Dwarf Warpriest

Adrik looks through the barracks before returning to the mess hall. He starts heading toward the second door on the left when Lelei catches his attention. He watches her for a moment, noting her movements. He walks up to her and places his hand on her arm; not roughly, but still a tight grip. "Hey, Lelei, yer walkin' around like yer in some sorta trance. Snap outta it!"

Perception Check in the barracks: [roll0]

Insight Check on Lelei to discern what's going on with her: [roll1]

Dramesh
2012-03-27, 11:52 AM
Zayna

Smiling at Fflammn, she head out of the room and head to check the second door. Ignoring the dwarf as she never saw the trance-like movement of Leilei.

Boss_Smiley
2012-03-27, 03:07 PM
Alaister

Lost in his thought, Alaister says to no one in particular, "If those are barracks then the Captain's quarters should be nearby.

Lelei's strange trance snapping him back to the moment he begins watcher her, trying to discern any recognize able pattern or logic in her movements before Adrik takes notice and attempts to jostle her disturbed state.

OOC:
Arcana check to identify what she is doing: [roll0].
Add 9 if perception is more appropriate. If a different knowledge skill makes sense let me know.

Leolo
2012-03-28, 08:54 AM
When Adrik mentions Leleis trance like behaviour Fflammn uses his bond to the magic to identify the effect on the girl if there even is such an enchantment on her.

The Tiefling looks at her suspicious and whispers: "I have not trusted this girl from the start."

Arcana: 19

Makiru
2012-03-28, 09:13 PM
The Queen would give him fits if something happened to the sole survivor of the raid, on his watch, if he did nothing to help. Leaving his zen-like battle state, Ironbark hovered over to Leilei, who was already being examined by the wizard.

OOC
Religion to determine is she is afflicted by anything of a divine/demonic nature: [roll0]

Heal to diagnose and treat mundane injuries and afflictions: [roll1]

oblivion6
2012-03-28, 10:05 PM
when adrik grips her arm the girl seems to break free of whatevers affecting her. i am? she says in a dazed voice

to all
between all of you, you figure out that it is clearly some outside force acting upon her

Emongnome777
2012-03-29, 10:58 AM
Adrik, Dwarf Warpriest

Adrik pauses, but lets go of Lelei's arm. "Aye, ye seemed to be actin' funny. We'll stick close so nuthin' happens to ye." When she isn't looking, the dwarf looks at each of his allies with a raised eyebrow, indicating his confusion and distrust of her.

Insight to see if she's lying / hiding something: [roll0]

Dramesh
2012-03-29, 04:26 PM
OOC
What is in the second room ? I think you've missed my action :D

oblivion6
2012-03-29, 11:46 PM
the second room is much the same as the first with the exception of a body lying in the corner of this room. this room is also much messier than the other one

OOC: ya your right i think i missed your action

Dramesh
2012-03-30, 11:24 AM
Zayna

Zayna enter the room and start searching on the corpse, seeking anything.

OOC
Perception[roll0]

Emongnome777
2012-03-30, 03:11 PM
Adrik, Dwarf Warpriest
Anyway we can just search all the adjacent rooms in one fell swoop? It would speed things up.
Adrik leads Lelei into the third room beside the one Zanya has searched. Keeping a close eye on her, he searches the room there.

oblivion6
2012-03-30, 03:45 PM
after searching the other few rooms you find they are all extremey similiar to the first 2 rooms. you find a few more bodies but nothing else of interest. the only door left unexplored is the one at the very end of this common room

Emongnome777
2012-04-02, 11:22 AM
Adrik, Dwarf Warpriest

Adrik, with Lelei still close at hand, goes to the last door and listens carefully. If he hears nothing, he opens it and goes in.

Dramesh
2012-04-02, 01:43 PM
Zayna

Zayna follow Adrik and ready her weapon for when the door opens, ready to attack if anything happens.

oblivion6
2012-04-02, 02:21 PM
adrik
you seem to hear some sort of arcane chanting goin on inside

Emongnome777
2012-04-02, 03:25 PM
Adrik, Dwarf Warpriest

Adrik quietly steps back from the door and waves the rest of the group close. "I heard some chantin' goin' on, magical chantin'. Can't tell too much more. I"m ready to bust in when the rest of ye are. If'n they're the bad guys, then we catch 'em by surprise. If they be good guys, then we say, 'sorry', 'n move on."

Dramesh
2012-04-02, 06:56 PM
Zayna

"I'm okay with the plan. Cultists, we kill them. Not-Cultists, we'll see..."She then ready herself for a bloodful battle if the chantin was some cultists doing.

Leolo
2012-04-02, 07:39 PM
Sounds good for me. I'm not the best one to say sorry, but i always try.

Fflammn readies a spell, and tries to stay in the background.

Makiru
2012-04-03, 12:45 AM
Ironbark readies his blade to charge into the fray, steeling his nerves for the bloodshed that is quite likely to issue.

Boss_Smiley
2012-04-03, 01:00 PM
Alaister

When Adrik warns the group Alaister moves behind the group's warriors and grips his staff, standing in a defensive stance. "Lelei, come here with me, you'll be safer behind the fray", he commands the half-elf girl in a hard whisper.

Emongnome777
2012-04-03, 01:29 PM
Adrik, Dwarf Warpriest

Adrik nods to the rest and turns to the door. With his hammer and shield in hand, he opens the door and charges in.

oblivion6
2012-04-03, 03:04 PM
as you burst into the room you see a pair of walking corpses standing watch over a robed figure in the center of the room. this figure stands in the middle of a circle drawn on the ground, chanting in an arcane tongue. at the oppisite end of the room is a door engraved with the symbols of multiple deitys.

combat begins(suprise round)
you all get a suprise round. since this magician is wrapped up in his casting and zombies always move last.

posting this from my phone so i will have a map for you later hopefully. it doesnt run google docs:smallmad:

Makiru
2012-04-03, 10:53 PM
Beating his wings as fast as he can, Ironbark lifts off, charging right between the unresponsive undead, brandishing his blade towards the preoccupied mage.

ACTION!

Ardent Strike: 1d20+9 (+4 cha, +2 prof, +2 CA, +1 charge) vs. AC

[roll0]

Damage if hits [roll1] and subject to divine sanction until the end of my next turn.

...and fails spectacularly.

Leolo
2012-04-04, 05:21 AM
Fflammn conjures a cage of small razors arround the second zombie, an illusion that traps the weak mind of the zombie and gets real under the controll of the tiefling.

Phantom cage: [roll0] vs Will, [roll1] psychic damage +5 additional damage if it moves before the end of Fflammns next turn

Emongnome777
2012-04-07, 11:40 AM
Adrik, Dwarf Warpriest

Adrik moves around the nearest zombie and with a quick prayer, slams his hammer onto the undead abomination.

Move Action:
Move to E12 (or where ever he can get flanking with Ironbark

Standard Action:
Smite Undead vs. Z
...Attack: [roll0] vs. Will
...Hit: [roll1]* radiant damage

*: Craghammer is 1d10, brutal 2. It's best represented by using 1d8+2 here (since rerolls on pbp are a pain). Smite Undead is 2[W], so it's 2d8+4 +4 (Wisdom) +2 (Dwarven Weapon Training).

Dramesh
2012-04-07, 12:54 PM
Zayna

Zayna head to the zombie near her, leaving the door to attack it with her rapier.

Move: move to D13
Standard: Melee basic attack with Attack finesse [roll0], [roll1] damage on Zombie on E13
Minor: None

Boss_Smiley
2012-04-07, 01:14 PM
Alaister

While entering the room Alaister waves his staff towards the nearest zombie, causing a large bird, crafted from fire, to burst forth from his staff. As the bird swoops towards his foe a small cloud of cinders begins to swirl above Alaister's head, taking the form of a small flock of birds.

OOC:

Move to C12
Fire Hawk against the close zombie: [roll0] vs. ref.
Fire Hawk damage: [roll1]
Initiative: [roll2]

Note: Until my next turn I can use Fire Hawk as an Opportunity Attack against anyone within 10 squares, which now includes everyone (it is treated as threatening reach).

Stat Block:
AC:15 , Fort:14 , Ref:13 , Will:16

HP: 26; Bloodied at: 13
Healing Surges: 6/6; Surge Value: 6
Action Points: 1/1

Powers:
Air Spirit
Senses of the Wild
Vine Rope
Fire Hawk
Magic Stones
Jolt of Lightning
[]Nature's Growth
[]Wall of Smoke
[]Summon Nature's Ally (Grizzly Bear/Pack Wolf)

oblivion6
2012-04-10, 08:58 PM
first combat:round 1

monster conditions
(closest to entrance)zombie 1: seriously wounded

zombie 2:barely wounded

cultist mage:uninjured

monster initiaves
zombies:going last

cultist mage:1d20

edit: whenever you take an action in battle please post your important info such as hp and defenses in a spoiler beneath your action. just for quick ease of access for me

Boss_Smiley
2012-04-11, 05:08 PM
Alaister

Watching Ironbark whiz towards the mage gives Alaister an idea. Swiftly stepping between the three enemies he swings the top of his staff downward, striking it on the ground as he passes. A small spark, as though from flint and steel erupts as the staff scrapes the stone floor sending small stones firing rapidly towards each opponent.

OOC:
Move Action to E10
Standard Action for Magic Stones against each enemy:
Mage: [roll0] vs. Ref. [roll1] damage on a hit
Zombie (top): [roll2] vs. Ref. [roll3] damage on a hit
Zombie (bottom): [roll4] vs. Ref. [roll5] damage on a hit

If I hit the mage I will push him to C2 and cast Nature's Growth as a Minor Action on C3. It is a burst 1 zone that is difficult terrain for the enemies only for the rest of the encounter. I will not push either zombie.

Stat Block:
AC:15 , Fort:14 , Ref:13 , Will:16

HP: 26; Bloodied at: 13
Healing Surges: 6/6; Surge Value: 6

Powers:
Air Spirit
Senses of the Wild
Vine Rope
Fire Hawk
Magic Stones
Jolt of Lightning
[]Nature's Growth
[]Wall of Smoke
[]Summon Nature's Ally (Grizzly Bear/Pack Wolf)

Leolo
2012-04-12, 08:04 AM
Fflammn casts another cage arround the enemy wizard, and if it succeeds he moves forward to push him and the zombie that he had hit before through the sharp pieces of the illusionary cages with another spell.

[roll0] vs Will cultist
[roll1] psychic damage

if it hits:
move to B7
[roll2] vs Will Zombi
[roll3] vs Will Cultist
8 damage, plus 5 damage from the cages and push 3 sq right

Dramesh
2012-04-16, 05:57 PM
Zayna

Seeing as the zombie still up, Zayna strike him again.

Attack action: basic attack [roll0] damage[roll1]+[roll2]

oblivion6
2012-04-16, 09:57 PM
between the tieflings spell and zayna's rapier the 1st zombie finally succombs to its wounds. also caught up in the tieflings spell the cultist mage tries to retaliate by throwing an orb of crackling eldritch energy at the tiefling wizard

[roll]1d10+2

Makiru
2012-04-17, 02:35 AM
The mage's attention shifting to Fflammn gave just enough time to attempt a quick jab at him with his blade.

Ironbark glowers menacingly at the cultist, driving home the point that his attention should be focused on the pixie in front of him rather than the mage in the back. Making his stance on the subject even more clear, he swings his massive (for him) blade in a horizontal arc towards the cultist's midsection.

OOC
Opportunity attack on cultist for using ranged attack while threatened:
[roll0] vs AC
[roll1] damage if hit

Divine Challenge on cultist: marked and will take 7 radiant damage if he ignores the mark.

Valorous Smite on cultist:
[roll2] vs. AC
[roll3] damage if hit, and all enemies within 3 squares are effected by divine sanction until end of my next turn.

on successful hit, activate Sohei Flair:
[roll4] extra damage

Emongnome777
2012-04-17, 07:06 AM
Adrik, Dwarf Warpriest

With a quick prayer, Adrik mitigates some of the damage that Fflammn takes from the evil cultist.

NOTE: I can't see the map, but I'm assuming that Fflammn is within 5 squares of Adrik. If not, then I can't use this power.

Immediate Reaction:
Shield of Devotion
Trigger: Ally within 5 squares takes damage
Effect: Fflammn regains 4 hit points and Adrik gains a +2 power bonus to the next attack roll vs. the cultist

Also, since I can't see the map (at work, it's blocked), it'll be ~12 hours from now until I can post, unless someone wants to help out a little. I would like to target the cultist, but I don't know relative positions.

oblivion6
2012-04-19, 11:53 PM
Dom charged into the room, maul in hand and immediantly made a move against the remaining zombie

[roll0]

[roll1]

meanwhile the half elf, lelei moves into the room behind him but she moves to avoid the fighting as instructed

Emongnome777
2012-04-20, 08:40 PM
Adrik, Dwarf Warpriest

Adrik moves as quickly as he can to the cultist.

Move Action:
Move to E7

Move Action:
Move to E2 (around so as not to provoke an OA)

oblivion6
2012-04-21, 12:56 PM
avoiding the wardens clumsy blow the remaining zombie immediantly brought his sword to bear.

[roll0]

[roll1]

Boss_Smiley
2012-04-22, 12:46 AM
Alaister

Alaister reaches his arms forwards, concentrating on the empty space between the cultist and the zombie. Slowly at first, but with building speed a number of roots and vines emerge from the ground and begin grasping at and enwrapping the two enemies while shying away from Alaister's allies. With a quick motion of his staff another flaming hawk flies towards the cultist and a flock of cinders circles above Alaister's head.

OOC:
Minor: Nature's Growth at C2. This creates a burst 1 for the rest of the encounter, all squares of which are difficult terrain for enemies but not allies. This means the cultist can't shift and it includes the door square if he runs.

Standard: Fire Hawk at the cultist
To Hit: [roll0] vs. Ref
Damage: [roll1]
Note: I can use this again as an Op Atk, so if the cultist moves or makes a ranged attack I will use this again (you can roll for me if convenient Oblivion). If the cultist for some reason doesn't provoke an opportunity attack (which would be better than attacking) then the same applies to the zombie.

Dramesh
2012-04-22, 06:35 PM
Zayna

Seeing that the cultist is still alive, she charge him and attack.

Move to E7
charge cultist magician (end the charge at E3)
attack: [roll0] damage: [roll1] + [roll2]

oblivion6
2012-04-25, 07:01 PM
the cultist mage slams his staff onto the ground and shouts in an arcane tongue. cracks appear in the ground around him and a wave of energy rolls out from the staff

close burst 1
[roll0]
[roll1]

anyone who is hit gets pushed 1 square.(unless you have an ability that negates pushes and pulls)

monster conditions
cultist mage:barely wounded

zombie1: dead

zombie2:seriously wounded

Emongnome777
2012-04-26, 08:28 AM
Adrik, Dwarf Warpriest - Round 2

Adrik takes his hammer and slams it on the ground, causing shards of the stone floor to strike at the cultist and the zombie.

Standard Action:
Earthen Hail vs. cultist
...Attack: [roll0] vs. Fortitude
...Hit [roll1] damage to cultist, cultist and zombie take 3 additional damage
...Effect: Adrik and each ally within 3 squares of him gain a +2 power bonus to AC and Fortitude until the end of Adrik's next turn.
Summary:
Cultist: 15 damage (if hit)
Zombie: 3 damage (if hit)
Adrik: +2 power bonus to AC and Fortitude until the end of Adrik's next turn.
Each ally within 3 squares of him gain a +2 power bonus to AC and Fortitude until the end of Adrik's next turn.
Combat Stat Block
AC: 18, Fort: 14, Ref: 14, Will: 15

HP: 20 / 28
Surges: 10 / 10 (Remaining / Total)
Surge Value: 7
Action Point: 1/1 (Remaining / Total)

Burden of Earth
Earth's Endurance
[ ] Action Point
[x] Earthen Hail
[x] Shield of Devotion
[ ] [ ] Healing Word
[ ] Dwarven Resilience / Second Wind
[x] Smite Undead / Stone's Resolve
[ ] Stone Speak
[ ] Nimbus of Holy Shielding

Melee Basic Attack:
Attack: +3 vs. AC
Hit: 1d8 + 5 damage

Makiru
2012-04-27, 12:42 AM
Round 2

Having been pushed through the air by the buffeting seismic waves, Ironbark fluttered around to the other side of the mage, putting himself between him and his zombie. Being on the other side from his allies would make it harder for the vile cultist to attack everybody. Bringing his blade to bear, he swung down with a mighty blow.

OOC
Move to C2, avoiding opportunity attacks when possible.

Ardent Strike [roll0] vs. AC, +2 if flanking.
[roll1] damage on hit, and place divine sanction.

Activate Sohei Flair on hit, unless it was activated on last attack (no confirmation if hit or not with Valorous Smite EDIT: ignore)
[roll2] extra damage.

Combat Stat Block

AC: 18, Fort: 13, Ref: 13, Will: 15

HP: 26/33
Surges: 12/12
Surge Value: 8

Ardent Strike
Virtuous Strike
Divine Challenge
[]Action Point
[X]Valorous Smite
[]Divine Mettle/Divine Strength
[X]Sohei Flair
[]Pixie Dust
[]Shrink
[][]Lay On Hands
[]Majestic Halo

Melee Basic Attack (Valorous Strike)

Attack: 1d20+6
Damage: 1d10+4

oblivion6
2012-04-27, 08:42 PM
once again Dom swings his mighty maul feeling himself revitalized with his adrenaline pumping

[roll0]
[roll1]

Leolo
2012-05-02, 07:18 AM
Fflammn narrows the gap between himself and the Zombi just a little, near enough to target him again with another illusionary cage. He does not leave the strange girl out of his sight though, and tries to watch his back.

Move to B12
Phantom Cage on the Zombi [roll0] vs Will, [roll1] damage
+5 additional damage if it moves before the end of Fflammns next turn

If it misses orb of deception:
Phantom Cage on the Cultist [roll2] vs Will, [roll3] damage
+5 additional damage if it moves before the end of Fflammns next turn

(Sorry - both rolls are lower, the one against the zombi should be +7 and the one against the cultist +6

i had copied the text from my initial turn where we have had combat advantage. As a tiefling i have a +1 to attacks against bloodied foes (Zombi) and the normal attack bonus with phantom cage is +6 from Int and superior implement

Hope it still hits)

Dramesh
2012-05-02, 09:27 AM
Zayna

Zayna continue her attack on the cultist, trying to hit a critical spot to ed this fight.

attack cultist: [roll0] damage [roll1] + [roll2]

oblivion6
2012-05-03, 06:37 PM
while the cultist manages to parry zaynas clumsy blow, his zombie companion was not so lucky in avoiding the tieflings spell, shattering any sembelence of life this creature had. lelei wanting to end the bloodshed began moving towards the zombie, knife in hands until she saw the effects of the tieflings spell which led her to move towards the cultist instead

monster conditions
zombies: both dead

mage: seriously injured

Boss_Smiley
2012-05-05, 12:07 PM
Alaister

Lelei's aggression shocks Alaister for a moment. "We can handle this, stand back" he calls out before sending a small jolt of electricity towards the cultist"

OOC:
Attack: [roll0] vs Fort
Damage: [roll1] and he can make no opportunity actions until the end of my next turn.

Dramesh
2012-05-08, 05:05 PM
Zayna

Trying to end the combat Zayna try yet again to hit a critica lspot.

OOC
attack cultist: [roll0] damage [roll1] + [roll2]

oblivion6
2012-05-08, 05:12 PM
the rogue lunges at the cultist... and nails him, her blade digging into his chest. the cultist finally slumps to the ground, dead

Makiru
2012-05-08, 05:30 PM
Ironbark drifted down to the ground, the weight of his blade catching up to him now that the heat of battle had subsided. Silently, he performed a prayer for the cultist's soul, not that he would find peace, but that he would find the reward that he deserved.

Emongnome777
2012-05-09, 11:08 AM
Adrik, Dwarf Warpriest

Adrik takes a moment to kneel and whisper a quick prayer to Moradin, thanking him for the victory. He then stands back up and looks around. First, he makes sure Lelei is still around then he searches the cultist, looking for anything of value or whatever will get him closer to understanding what went on here. "He can't be the only one who attacked the fort, and I doubt he's the only one left. We ortta keep movin', lookin' fer more cultists."

When the group is done in that room, he heads to the door to the north and opens it.

Dramesh
2012-05-09, 11:23 AM
Zayna

Zayna, after killing the cultist swing her weapon and put pout the blood from it. Seeing as 2 of her teammates were praying she wait patiently and head with Adrik to the next room.

oblivion6
2012-05-09, 07:59 PM
you find a pouch full of spell components on a desk in 1 corner of the room. as well as a circle drawn onto the ground directly in front of the north door, which is held shut by a powerful unknown entity

Emongnome777
2012-05-10, 09:47 AM
Adrik, Dwarf Warpriest

Adrik tries to open the door, but it refuses to budge. Putting away his hammer and shield, he pushes and pulls with all his might, but to no avail; the door does not even flinch. "Hmm", he says, rubbing his bearded chin. Looking around, he sees the circle on the floor. "Maybe this circle has sumthin' to do with it", he ponders, staring at it.

Learn something about the magic circle:
Arcana Check: [roll0]
Religion Check: [roll1]

Wow, with rolls like that, "it's circular" would be beyond his understanding. :smallamused:

Makiru
2012-05-10, 09:20 PM
Seeing his comrade having trouble with the ominous circle, Ironbark fluttered over to see if a different faith would have a second opinion.

Figure something out about circle:
Arcana: [roll0]
Religion: [roll1]
History: [roll2]

oblivion6
2012-05-10, 10:30 PM
between the pixie and the ignorant dwarven priest, you find that the door is held shut by the combined powers of priests of several of the good deitys. that must be what the cultist was doing when you entered. the door was made to keep people like him out

Boss_Smiley
2012-05-10, 11:07 PM
Alaister

Letting out a few short gasps, Alaister is shocked to realize how calm he had been in the midst of his first real battle and how unnerved he is now. Siddic would be proud, instinct washed over me; guided my hand. Of course it didn't hurt to have more experienced allies.

As Aldrik and Ironbark work to figure out what force is holding the next door shut, Alaister turns his attention to Lelei. "What were you doing? We had things well under-control and you're already injured. Next time we tell you to stay back, do so, it may save your life." Pausing briefly, This girl is more than she seems, I don't think we should trust her "I think it might be best if you gave me that dagger."

oblivion6
2012-05-10, 11:42 PM
the girl mutely hands you the dagger and then all of a sudden she bursts into tears and sobs on the druids shoulder. im sorry. i was just trying to end the bloodshed quicker. it brought back such painful memories she says amongst racking sobs

Makiru
2012-05-11, 03:40 PM
Realizing this was a seal of good and not some kind of vile summoning circle, Ironbark came to the obvious conclusion.

"What we seek is probably behind this door, but to open it now would most likely be folly. Our foes currently cannot enter either, and to for us to do so would give them a free pass. We need to make sure the area is devoid of threats before attempting this venture, lest we hand the enemy what they desire."

Dramesh
2012-05-11, 03:43 PM
Zayna

"So what's the plan, we enter and go back to redeem the rewards or we clear all the remaining cultists here?"
Her eyes was on the door and she was thinking about what else could be hiding in there...

Leolo
2012-05-13, 03:04 AM
"We should search for more cultists first. The little one is right, I don't want to have some of them behind us."

Fflammn is still analyzing the circle, trying to find out its meaning.

arcana: [roll0]

oblivion6
2012-05-13, 03:13 AM
Fflammn
it appears the circle was to be the conduit of some sort of ritual to break the seal on the door

Emongnome777
2012-05-14, 02:31 PM
Adrik, Dwarf Warpriest

Adrik stands around the circle, totally oblivious to what it means. When the others say it's keeping the cultists out of that room, he nods his head, though he still didn't get that impression. "Uh, aye. If'n them cults are wantin' in this room, then we'd do well to not help 'em."

Adrik nods to Flammn. "Aye, let's finish up with the cultists first before we come back here."

Where is there to go that we haven't been?

oblivion6
2012-05-14, 10:54 PM
adrik
i believe i mentioned another set of doors in the entry room of the fort. i cant say or certain at the moment but i think you took a door on the left side of the room and there was another door on the right side i think

Emongnome777
2012-05-15, 01:22 PM
Adrik, Dwarf Warpriest

Adrik rubs his chin. "Let's head back to the entry room, seems there was a door we ain't explored yet." He heads back that way and when he returns to that room, opens that door and heads in.

Dramesh
2012-05-15, 02:07 PM
Zayna

Finally letting go of the door fro mher sight, she follow Adrik with a ruin look. Like a kid not getting what he wanted.

Boss_Smiley
2012-05-15, 02:41 PM
Alaister

I'm not so sure we should leave this room unguarded, what if someone opens the door while we are away? What if we fall in battle? Reluctantly, Alaister nods vaguely at the suggestion of the others, and joins them on the walk to the unexplored portion of the keep. While he does this he is particularly careful to walk behind Lelei, keeping her in sight. Something about this girl doesn't sit right

Makiru
2012-05-15, 05:20 PM
The air was tense. Nobody wanted to leave the room unguarded, and Ironbark knew it. He had been the one to suggest cleaning out the rest of the fort first, after all.

"I can stay here and guard this room in case of further intrusion. My size will make me less likely to be immediately spotted by hostiles, which I can use to gain the upper hand. Should fighting break out on your side, I can arrive within a few short moments. Would this be agreeable?"

Leolo
2012-05-20, 06:25 AM
"I don't really like to split party, but it is better than leaving this place unguarded. Maybe we should find a box or something like this for you to hide."

Fflammn searches for a box just large enough to hide the tiny warrior before he leaves with the rest of the group.

oblivion6
2012-06-21, 02:18 AM
i`ll stay here and guard the door. i should be able to take any stragglers. Dom says assuming a defensive position by the door

as the rest of you head to the entry room you do indeed discover that there is a door that you have not taken as of yet. the door you had taken before was on the left but there is another door on the right

whats the marching order

Leolo
2012-06-22, 02:41 AM
Fflammn listens at the door and prepares himself to cast a spell if there is any opponent behind it who wants to surprise them.

Ready action beguiling strands

oblivion6
2012-06-23, 01:44 AM
the scene that awaits you on the other side of the door is much better than the rest of the fort. only a few bodies are here and they appear to be have been granted quick painless deaths.

on the other end of the hall that this door leads to, you spot a large set of double doors that appear to have been knocked off their hinges. also directly ahead of you there is another door

Emongnome777
2012-06-29, 08:52 PM
Adrik, Dwarf Warpriest

Adrik listens carefully at the door right across from him. If he hears nothing, he goes in.

oblivion6
2012-06-29, 09:06 PM
as the dwarf steps through the door, he enters what appears to be a sort of guardroom, complete with a trio of dead cultists. a heavy stone door being the only other door in this room. the door, complete with a set of busted locks appears to have been opened recently