PDA

View Full Version : (WIP) Help with My Brewing and set up of class features

Merchant
2012-02-06, 08:52 AM
History of My Brew: I was trying to make a race that existed in many dimensions and started loading it up with very tasteful abilities. When looking at it, it looked more like a name with lots of class features. So I now have a class with a modest list of abilities but I don't know where to put them nor how to judge their balance. The abilities will be put at the bottom with brief descriptions of what I want them to do.

PLANESWALKER
(for lack of a better name and hopefully to get some replies)

Abilities: You are one with the multiverse, or in some cases many with the multiverse. Your existance gives you insight in how the rules of reality work and allows you to manipulate, change or completely ignore them.
Alignment: Any due to the simultaneous existances of yourself in many planes.
Hit Die: d4
Starting Age: What age your class starts at level one as normally ("As barbarian," "As bard," and "As cleric" are the standard options, though feel free to put down the numbers, as well.).
Starting Gold: What amount of currency your class starts at level one with normally ("As barbarian," "As cleric," "As druid," "As fighter," "As monk," and "As sorcerer" are the standard options, though feel free to put down the numbers, as well.).

Class Skills
The CLASS NAME's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are...

Skill Points at First Level: (x + Int modifier) x 4
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: x + Int modifier

CLASS NAME
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+0|
+2|
+0|
+2|Multi-Dimensional, Attune Other Self, Warp Points

2nd|
+1|
+3|
+0|
+3|

3rd|
+1|
+3|
+1|
+3|Multi-Dimensional

4th|
+2|
+4|
+1|
+4|

5th|
+2|
+4|
+1|
+4|

6th|
+3|
+5|
+2|
+5|Multi-Dimensional

7th|
+3|
+5|
+2|
+5|

8th|
+4|
+6|
+2|
+6|

9th|
+4|
+6|
+3|
+6|Multi-Dimensional

10th|
+5|
+7|
+3|
+7|

11th|
+5|
+7|
+3|
+7|

12th|
+6/+1|
+8|
+4|
+8|Multi-Dimensional

13th|
+6/+1|
+8|
+4|
+8|

14th|
+7/+2|
+9|
+4|
+9|

15th|
+7/+2|
+9|
+5|
+9|Multi-Dimensional

16th|
+8/+3|
+10|
+5|
+10|

17th|
+8/+3|
+10|
+5|
+10|

18th|
+9/+4|
+11|
+6|
+11|Multi-Dimensional

19th|
+9/+4|
+11|
+6|
+11|

20th|
+10/+5|
+12|
+6|
+12|[/table]

Class Features
All of the following are class features of the CLASS NAME.

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: What weapons and armor your class is proficient in the use of!

All other class features go here (Use the format shown directly below if you don't know what to do.)!

CLASS FEATURE NAME (Ex, Su, Sp, Ps):

Multi-Dimensional: You are tied to planes slightly different than most other people. You have a planar 'twin' that exists on another plane. this twin is considered a native to this plane. At 1st 3rd and every three levels after you gain another 'self'.
Other's Health: You other existances have hitpoints 2 times your levels in this class

Attune Other Self: You can create a stronger connection with your other self giving yourself small protections. (Example: Your other self is on the Plane of Fire. By spending an hour to meditate you strengthen your connection giving yourself Fire Resistance 5.) This connection lasts until changed. I was thinking you can shift your 'other self' to different planes as well.

The Planes- I know there are a lot and I was trying to think of a way to limit where you can shift your other self to. I was thinking starting with the Elemental Planes (Inner Planes). Then later The Energy Planes (Inner Planes), followed by OuterPlanes (First ones that are matching your alignment, then those opposing your alignment) Repeat, when you attune your otherself they are native and suffer not ill effects despite opposing alignments.Not sure where Astral, Ethereal, and Shadow Planes come in. But I'd like to add parallel planes in the sense that you gain an Insight bonus from his other self choosing a different path and it not working

Warp Points: Warp points are used to distort different aspects of reality such as Space, Time, Gravity, Probability other natural forces. Warp points 'return' 1 point/round.

All abilities stack with each other as long as they come from abilities from this class. The only catch is to pay more warp points which you recover slowly.

List of certain abilities-
Alter Reach- Warp Point 1: You bend space to increase your reach by 5ft. for 1 round. Additional warp points add 5 more feet. Duration can not be alter further.
Alter Speed- Warp Point 1: You bend space to increase your speed by 5ft
Immovable Object: You cement your existance where you stand. Your are treated as being X sizes larger (applies to density) and DR-2X for one round.
Unstoppable Force:
Walk on Air:
Ignore Matter:Warp Points 2- Move through objects 5ft/2WP
Mastering 3rd Dimension I:Alter size by one category
Breaking Down Dimensions(2D) Warp Points 2- You fold one of your dimensions and become thin as paper. You gain +x untyped bonus to AC
Tearing Up Dimensions(4D) Deflection bonus
Twist Geometries: When being observed peoples sense of distance is off. (An ability similar to the Neraphim's movement camoflauge.
Improbability Field: You distort proabability around you. 5ft/5levels. All within the field are forced to re-roll and take the second roll. For every reroll made the Planeswalker stores an Improbability point. The planeswalker chooses a number of points and makes a touch attack to inflict a luck bonus or penalty to target equal to the number of points chosen. Improbability Points are taken away from the pool of points only last for a number of rounds equal to
Repulsive Force:Warp Points 3 Your existance shuns others away.
Force of Attraction: Warp Points 3 You create a gravity well that pulls objects closer. Creatures must make a strength check/stability check or be pulled closer.
Steal Time: You maybe take magical affects from others and give them a different target for a short time. Make a touch attack. If successful you steal X rounds of one on-going magical effect. You can hold one effect at at time but can only hold it for a number or rounds equal to your Charisma modifier.
Displace Wounds: Similar to steal time. You take damage within Cha modifier rounds and place it on enemy within remainder of Cha mod rounds.(Example you have +7 CHA modifier. You companion was hurt, it takes you a round to get to him. You can take that damage away paying but the damage has existed for 2 rounds which then is subtracted from your 7. If you can not find another target(similar living->living, object->object) within the remaining rounds you or your equipment takes that damage.
Back in Time: As an immediate action use Warp Point 4 You twist time to give yourself another chance. Gain +3 insight bonus to AC and +3 insight bonus on saves.

I am aware of the power of the Planar Shepherd but I was wondering if creating planar bubbles is too broken if it can only last one round and has to be paid for?

That's all I got for now but I would greatly appreciate any and all help/comments and words of wisdom on how I can make this brew usable.

Merchant
2012-02-06, 12:08 PM
Is it the theory, the execution, or simply the look of it?

My guess it is all three but it would be good for some thoughts so maybe I could clean it up and organize and maybe give it a better name. How about a title for this so when I get it cleaned up I could sell it a lot easier.

Too powerful, too weak? No niche?

Soliloquy
2012-02-07, 04:31 PM
It seems to me that the...
wait :smalleek:, warp points. How many can you have? That seems kind of important.
I recommend a limit for which planes. I am not clear on this, but can you have more than one on at one time? I vote yes. I also think that you should change the BAB to 3/4, and a better hit die, as most of the abilities seem like combat things. And I also notice that you can't transfer planes.

This next part is just my ideas but:
A high level ability that allows you to switch place with a planer twin

A capstone that allows you to, if on the same plane as a twin, unite with the twin for super bonuses

Merchant
2012-02-08, 12:04 PM
(Someone noticed I guess I need to add more if it can be salvaged. Tomorrow)

Well the warp points I was thinking of somewhere along the lines of 2XCHA + 2XLevel

You have all your 'other selves' existing at the same time so you get all the bonuses that come with them. I thinking the bonuses would increase at certain levels.

I am also aware I need some offensive capabilities too. Base along the time, gravity, probability, and space frontier.

I was thinking you can channel parts of your 'others' for more active abilities. Positive Plane gives you a minor cure x wounds (SP) I then have to figure out how many times the channeling can be done. Channel fire and you deal extra fire damage when you do your attacks.

And I am all for the 'summoning' your other self and having him/them joining combat for a round.

Additionally to that if by chance you die. One of your others is called and replaces them for no experience loss. Just not sure how to get that 'other' back.