PDA

View Full Version : Polymorph any Object and intelligence

Laniius
2012-02-06, 01:23 PM
If I used polymorph any object to turn into an iron golem, would my intelligence score then be zero for the duration? What effect would this have on me? If I used polymorph any object to turn a shrew into an iron golem, would I have control over the golem? If I used polymorph any object on a summoned monster, would the summoned monster still be under my control?

Cruiser1
2012-02-06, 02:28 PM
If I used polymorph any object to turn into an iron golem, would my intelligence score then be zero for the duration? What effect would this have on me?
Can't do that, because you can't Polymorph Any Object (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/polymorphAnyObject.htm) into constructs. Polymorph Any Object acts like Polymorph except where stated differently, hence when polymorphing a creature or object into another creature, the destination creature must be (as with Polymorph) aberration, animal, dragon, fey, giant, humanoid, magical beast, monstrous humanoid, ooze, plant, or vermin.

Note that because you do take on the intelligence score of valid destination creatures, you can trap yourself with Polymorph Any Object. Turn yourself into something with low INT, and you won't be able to cast Dispel Magic or equivalent to remove it. (I hope your new form doesn't have permanent duration!)

If I used polymorph any object on a summoned monster, would the summoned monster still be under my control?
Yes, Polymorph (Any Object) is effectively just a form changing buff, so if you have control over a creature before, you still have control over it after.

Makabrie
2015-08-08, 06:30 PM
I know this was posted more than three years ago, but I just wanted to say that you're wrong. One of the examples that PAO gives is sheep into wool coat.

noob
2015-08-08, 08:38 PM
if I turn a stone into an human what will it be?
what will be its mind and memory?
how many hp will it have since a stone does not have hp?
It is supposed to be possible to turn a marionette into an human but there is a restriction forbidding to Polymorph something will less hd than the result so does it means a marionette have 1 hd?
Do all items have hd?
What is the kind of the hd of items?
PAO have infinitely more questions in the other way than in yours.
PAO on a living being have clear results PAO on an object is absolutely fuzzy and does says barely anything.

DarkSonic1337
2015-08-08, 09:02 PM
If I polymoprh into a Solar will I be unable to "lie cheat or steal" (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/angel.htm)?

Renen
2015-08-08, 09:05 PM
I know this was posted more than three years ago, but I just wanted to say that you're wrong. One of the examples that PAO gives is sheep into wool coat.

Necroing a thread is against forum rules. Just letting you know.

Lerondiel
2015-08-08, 09:05 PM
If I used polymorph any object to turn into an iron golem, would my intelligence score then be zero for the duration? What effect would this have on me? If I used polymorph any object to turn a shrew into an iron golem, would I have control over the golem? If I used polymorph any object on a summoned monster, would the summoned monster still be under my control?

The path to madness starts with a single step, and you sir have taken four :)

noob
2015-08-08, 09:19 PM
"If I polymoprh into a Solar will I be unable to "lie cheat or steal"? "
If it gives you the corresponding subtype then yes.(and by that reading you would become good aligned)

Haruki-kun
2015-08-09, 10:34 PM
The Winged Mod: Thread Necromancy.