PDA

View Full Version : Robes and armor enchantments

Laniius
2012-02-06, 03:16 PM
Can I add things like Greater Silent Moves and Greater Slick to robes? Or are they to armor only? I have an awesome set of armor made up, but I would get a better ac bonus from a monk's belt due to my high wisdom (I'm a high level cleric).

Also, can I apply Magic Vestment spell to robes? THanks.

jindra34
2012-02-06, 03:49 PM
Can I add things like Greater Silent Moves and Greater Slick to robes? Or are they to armor only? I have an awesome set of armor made up, but I would get a better ac bonus from a monk's belt due to my high wisdom (I'm a high level cleric).

Also, can I apply Magic Vestment spell to robes? THanks.
The second question is answered with a simple yes. The first is technically yes but then you have to enchant them to +1 as armor, so they may get treated as armor so the monk's belt may f up. Do note that you can apply armor enchantments can be applied to bracers of armor, which never count as armor.

Laniius
2012-02-06, 04:43 PM
The second question is answered with a simple yes. The first is technically yes but then you have to enchant them to +1 as armor, so they may get treated as armor so the monk's belt may f up. Do note that you can apply armor enchantments can be applied to bracers of armor, which never count as armor.

Where are the rules found for either of these? They sound right, but my dm is a stickler for page numbers.

jindra34
2012-02-06, 04:51 PM
Where are the rules found for either of these? They sound right, but my dm is a stickler for page numbers.

Armor section of the Magic Item compendium for robes and bracers. Spell for Magic Vestements.

Lord Il Palazzo
2012-02-06, 05:10 PM
Where are the rules found for either of these? They sound right, but my dm is a stickler for page numbers.The one about Magic Vestment is right in the spell's description.

Quoth the SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/magicVestment.htm):

Transmutation
Level: Clr 3, Strength 3, War 3
Components: V, S, DF
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: Armor or shield touched
Duration: 1 hour/level
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless, object)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless, object)

You imbue a suit of armor or a shield with an enhancement bonus of +1 per four caster levels (maximum +5 at 20th level).

An outfit of regular clothing counts as armor that grants no AC bonus for the purpose of this spell.