PDA

View Full Version : {PF} Cohort suggestions

Xander96
2012-02-06, 05:58 PM
If you were a mid level fighter....what would you select for a cohort?

All suggestions welcome!

NinjaStylerobot
2012-02-06, 06:11 PM
I would have his ancient enemy claw up from the ground, forced to change his ways or be cursed to rot in hell.

I Skeletal champion ex-enemy.

A nice flavorful thing.

deuxhero
2012-02-06, 06:16 PM
Assuming you don't want someone upstaging you (as obviously Wizard would be the best choice. Perhaps you could be be co-rulers if you were that Fighter archetype that gets 4 skill points and int skills and you built around being a reasonable politician, but you are still just Tarkin to his Vader, not Emperor).

Got to go with Urban Ranger. Can flank with you, do traps, heal with CLW wand and do some politicing for you.

FMArthur
2012-02-06, 06:24 PM
What does your Fighter do in combat? Is he a tripper, focused damage-dealer, or Dungeon Crasher? (Are there even other kinds of Fighters than those?) D'oh, pathfinder.

EDIT: Actually, it doesn't matter. You want a Bard. It improves your own abilities in combat, won't outdo you in melee, and covers your bases in the skills/utility you just won't have as a Fighter. A buff-focused Cleric could accomplish similar and heal you when needed; just make sure he never realizes who should really be the boss of your duo :smallwink:.

Crasical
2012-02-06, 07:32 PM
Pick up an Alchemist as your cohort, a Mindchemist/Psychonaut. In the morning, he brews up a bunch of Infusions, and hands them over to your fighter to have fun with, then follows along behind tossing Confusion Smoke bombs at people.

Now you have more drugs than Hunter S. Thompson. Have fun expanding your mental horizons.

Xander96
2012-02-06, 09:31 PM
My fighter is a damage dealing fighter w/ a reach weapon.

deuxhero
2012-02-06, 10:14 PM
Problem is Bard ALSO overshadows your fighter.

Admittedly, pure damage fighter is pretty hard not to.

Xander96
2012-02-06, 11:05 PM
Maybe if I use him just purely for buffing/debuffing. Perhaps there will be no overshadowing.