PDA

View Full Version : Your most interesting characters

Kirti
2012-02-06, 06:05 PM
I ran into the link below while surfing reddit that made me laugh and wonder what some of the other crazy character creation ideas have been:

http://i.imgur.com/E665n.jpg

So, what is the craziest, most unique, and fun character idea that you've come up with or seen in action?

Elvenoutrider
2012-02-06, 10:27 PM
Chaotic evil unicorn illusionist wizard unicorn pirate - complete with eye patch, parrot and rum barrel. His horn transmitted inflict spells. He was convinced that the more pink and sparkly his ship, crew and attacks were, the more intimidating they were. The fact that no one took him seriously was endlessly frustrating for him

SirFredgar
2012-02-06, 11:10 PM
My most interesting Character was also my weakest, mechanically.

3.0 Monk/Ninja of the Crecent moon.

His whole mission in life was to erase the fact that he had ever been from history. Coming from a Noble family originally, he took to adventuring as a cover to get close to his family to kill/erase eveidence of his past. He spent as much time as he could hiding ("always sneaky") or being inivisble... untill the party took on a a bunch of Mind Flayers. He didn't really realize they could see through his constant invisibility, and after the carnage that he and his party inflicted (mostly the spellcasters of the party), he was imortalized in their lore as one of the bringers of destruction.... much to his chagrin.

Adindra
2012-02-06, 11:15 PM
I'm about to play a Anthropomorphic female Bat Cleric who worships Princess Luna from my little pony friendship is magic (my dm ok'd it when the other players forced out my previous character through metagaming shes cool like that :smallsmile: )

Zipding
2012-02-06, 11:24 PM
The most interesting character I made was a Dwarven Barbarian/Ranger who was going to go into Bear Warrior and Warshaper and possibly Occult Slayer.
The story behind her was that her father was assassinated by demons, so she and her brother began hunting them down in an attempt to avenge the death of their father. Unfortnately, what she didn't know was that her father was experimenting injecting demon blood into himself and his oldest kid, my character, and died in the process. My brother as DM really planned out how my character's backstory was going to be integrated into the story.

Red_Dog
2012-02-06, 11:57 PM
Not sure if they qualify but, from current campaign, two NPCs bards=>

Didgeridoo playing Bard/Lyric Thaumaturge. He co-leads a barbarian tribe. A fairly skinny human, who carries a collapseable chair and a giant didgeridoo made out of a hollowed out dragon bone. When battle begins, he sits down in the most nonchalant manner he can and starts to play... Most of his spells are various combinable sonic blasting spells w/ a bit support.

Bodak Dirge singer who speaks very little but uses a chello to draw everyone in fascination closer. Than he takes of his gaze-blinding goggles... Than as most people are dead or dying he raises corpse after corpse and slow dances with each of them for a round or two.[the reason for this is actually far mor simple than creepy. As bodak, the few fleeting memories he has are of his wife and dancing with her, so he reenacts it when he can]

A duo of assassins that suspiciously resemble Valentine brothers from Ultimate Hellsing[I honestly drew the connection after a session with them AND 5 weeks of them being stated]. A fast talking dual hand crossbow wielding human named Eddy, and a Factotum assassin Gray Elf, Roland, who carries a giant "gym bag" with a great crossbow. Being a factotum however he often uses w/e is closest to him to get the job done. More funner played than described actually.

I think I have more, but not sure how "unique" those are to people who saw that bear character *laughed for a while about that*. ^^

Chronos
2012-02-07, 12:13 AM
A crazy cleric who worships Zeus, Jupiter, Ra, Odin, Orr, Blind Io, Manwe, and Pelor, and carries on in-depth conversations with all of them (those of lesser faith can only hear his side of these conversations). He wields a Legitimate Sword, which is an exotic one-handed weapon (or martial two-handed weapon) that does 1d10 damage, 19-20 x2 (and how dare you impugn its ancestry! This is a holy weapon!).

Another one I've been toying with lately is a gnome cleric of Frith (domains Animal and Sun). He was converted to the faith by a particularly charismatic rabbit he chatted with as a child.

Ellrin
2012-02-07, 02:50 AM
My first first PC ever (who I don't count because he didn't last a session before running the frig away) was a swashbuckler in a more or less Greyhawk setting who didn't believe in magic. Absolutely adamant about it, despite the fact that there were two mages in the party and most of the important enemies in that part of the campaign were mages.

In terms of NPCs... how's a CN pre-op mtf transsexual (body only) drow beguiler sadomasochist who worships (and is actually loyal to, in his own way) both Lolth and Eilistraee at the same time, and is actively (but sneakily) trying to convert all of drowdom to do the same?

Elboxo
2012-02-07, 03:09 AM
My Tibbit Factotum who was prepared for everythin except teammate stupidity.

Rod of Ropes MiC. Still sitting unused in the party funds, best cash spent ever.

TurtleKing
2012-02-07, 08:08 AM
Thigardo, Prinny Deity of Legend failed so hard he was AWESOME! (Please don't ask.)

Other one is Dr. Frunkon a Deathless Fleshgrafter who adventured to save his daughter from a wasting cure resistant disease that had claimed him.

Would love to see Adamatisau the Sage a [PF] Saurian Time Thief/Archivist see more action. Been alive so long some say he is a deity while others say do "X" to become a deitiy. Very knowledgeable.

DigoDragon
2012-02-07, 09:07 AM
Currently I'm playing a CG female rogue-ish cleric who is very interesting for the following reasons:

1. The setting is D&D Oriental Adventures, but my character is from the "west", making her appear exotic/unusual by looks and customs. She embraces the differences.

2. She's the only chaotic cleric so far that the party knows. Generally, the priests of the campaign world are orderly, logical stewards living in temples. By contrast, my character responded to an arrest by starting a Dance Fight on the stage of a theatre. :smallbiggrin:

3. Each party member has a background story that they're out looking for someone, either to rescue or slay, with various levels of politics involved. By contrast, my character isn't looking for anyone. This makes the party suspicious and a few of them think she has some ulterior motive or ultimate goal she's not letting on. The truth is though... she's just along for the ride.

4. The best part- My character is the daughter of a powerful queen back home. Mother sent her away on leave while she dealt with some dangerous politics back home. So yes, I'm technically on vacation. :smalltongue:

Protoneiko
2012-02-07, 10:03 AM
My most interesting character was a Wilder, that suffered from mood swings that caused the effects of his powers.

Anger = control flames
Sadness = energy Wall cold
fear = Energy push Electric
Anger from friend getting attacked = Mind thrust
And had enerrgy adapation to make himself help unstopable in battle.

This character's backstory was that at a young age he became a thrall to mindflayers, but due to his hostile mind feat the decided he was to annoying to keep around and left him out in the desert to die. in which the party found and resuced him.

later in the game he was found out to be an experiment that the mindflayer worked on and became to absorbed Mage attack spells and recast them himself.

FMArthur
2012-02-07, 12:08 PM
My most nonconventional character that saw use was an unarmed Soulknife. He took Tashalatora to progress monk unarmed strike with Soulknife, Reshape Mind Blade (unarmed strike) to make his Mind Blade like his unarmed strike, and took Atavist levels and Practiced Mind Blade to double-up on Mind Blade progression for four levels (it also progresses unarmed strike without help).

The whole thing was fluffed as wielding shadow-projections of himself for his attacks. The wierd interaction with the Throw Mind Blade class feature had those actually being sent out of his body to foes at range. The Scorpion's Grasp feat was taken and with Throw Mind Blade it was sort of a rushing tele-grapple because of how the grapple rules it references work.

Unsurprisingly, the combined weapon improvements of the two classes designed around "I have a weapon" actually amounted to a pretty good weapon!

arguskos
2012-02-07, 12:20 PM
A pile of semi-sentient lava (actually, a Magma Para-Genasi that was visually identical to a Medium Magma Para-Elemental). His weapons and gear were actually just extrusions of his form. He wasn't very bright, but was a combat monster.

Thaxos, Elder Serpent. He was a magical talking viper. Pictures are worth a thousand words... so here's a picture:
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u250/bloodydoves/Avatars/snake_avatar_3.gif

Prototype Soul Holding Module: Design 0.01. He's a sentient starfish robot of whirlydeath. Another situation where a picture works best...
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u250/bloodydoves/Avatars/z_avatar_droid_2.gif
(Proto also has a special costume...)

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u250/bloodydoves/Avatars/CapAvReq.png
:smallbiggrin:

Xaktsaroth
2012-02-07, 01:00 PM
Reposting Deathless story:

Mine was a NPC called Deathless, in a campaign where ressurection was banned.

A small note: I'm an optimizer, and warned my players up front that I'm going to keep my NPC's at the level of optimization they bring to the table. If they go nuts, I'll follow suit.

So, most of them went nuts: Casters keep things fairly reasonable, but one melee guy went to the wall with a Ubercharger with some crazy multiplers on a charge.

I wasn't too worried about it, but my campaigns tend to have horror overtones and this guy wasn't very scared. Why? Because dealing out 600+ damage on a charge was liquidifying anything I threw at him. Varying the tactics didn't help much, as the casters would ghost touch his weapon if he was fighting ghosts, or flight if I made the combat aerial, so I decided to imploy some mind games.

Walking through a new town, the party hears a group of girls singing a strange skipping rhyme:

"When your faith is hollowed,
And your strength runs dry,
What can you truly do,
Against one who can not die?"

The rest of the party was mildly unsettled, since the entire campaign ran on the rule that you can't come back to life, they came to the conclusion that it was something like a ghost.

The Ubercharger was quite loud in his belief that charging would solve everything.

When they finally ran into Deathless a few sessions later, they found what appeared to be a warrior in evil looking full-plate and a greatsword.

Cleric turns undead: Fails - He's not undead.
Wizard chucks a dispel magic: Fails - He has no buffs.
Uber charges - Hits - Big rolls - About ~580ish damage.

Deathless doesn't even blink.

Rogue - "What's the skill check for retaining bladder control?"

Deathless - Single attack on Fighter for ~25ish damage, sword turns out to be flesh-grinding, so he lets go and moves towards the Cleric/Wizard.

Cleric/Wizard crap selves, and delay.

Fighter charges again, ~420ish damage, Deathless still doesn't seem to care. Fighter getting quite mad at this point.

Deathless casts an area spell at Wizard/Cleric/Rogue, does enough damage to annoy them, and then motions towards his sword. The sword glows green, and the Ubercharger dies a horrible death. Deathless then speaks a word, and the sword reappears in his hand.

Wizard/Cleric break delay, and unleash hell, blowing spells and slots like nuts.

Finally down Deathless, and for good measure, drive his own sword through him "For the Ubercharger".

Rogue has been fiddling with a strange door at the end of the room for the whole fight, Wizard/Cleric try to help him figure it out.

A few ROUNDS pass, and they hear something behind them.

Deathless stands up, and pulls his own sword from his gut. Starts walking towards them.

Wizard teleports away, Rogue jumps out window, and Cleric casts flight and follows the Rogue.

Ubercharger was quite mad at me, till I showed him Deathless's character sheet while he was dead, when he saw it, he was completely ok with this outcome.

My favourite part: Deathless was 2 CR lower then the party, and completely rules legal.

:D

Ellrin
2012-02-07, 01:51 PM
I hope you all actively called him the Übercharger throughout the game. IC, of course.

It's really the only option that makes sense.

Xaktsaroth
2012-02-07, 02:03 PM
I hope you all actively called him the Übercharger throughout the game. IC, of course.

It's really the only option that makes sense.

He had a name; we made a point to forget it. :D

Hazzardevil
2012-02-07, 02:29 PM
He had a name; we made a point to forget it. :D

What was his source of immortality? A half dragon troll?

Xaktsaroth
2012-02-07, 11:55 PM
What was his source of immortality? A half dragon troll?

No, nothing that cheesy. To be frank, the truth is far more frightening(and entertaining!)

I'm stating him up again for a thread I plan on posting when I'm done, so I'll PM you when I finish up. :D

SirFredgar
2012-02-08, 12:12 AM
No, nothing that cheesy. To be frank, the truth is far more frightening(and entertaining!)

I'm stating him up again for a thread I plan on posting when I'm done, so I'll PM you when I finish up. :D

I am also curious as to the nature of your immortal foe. You should post a link here

Mirakk
2012-02-08, 11:33 AM
Didgeridoo playing Bard/Lyric Thaumaturge. He co-leads a barbarian tribe. A fairly skinny human, who carries a collapseable chair and a giant didgeridoo made out of a hollowed out dragon bone. When battle begins, he sits down in the most nonchalant manner he can and starts to play... Most of his spells are various combinable sonic blasting spells w/ a bit support.

As an actual Didgeridoo player, I support this message! You win!

Tr011
2012-02-08, 05:24 PM
A friend of mine had the idea to play a kicking monk... so far ok... he wanted to have manacles that are indestructable around his wrists all the time so he couldn't use his hands in fights... hm seems wierd, really wierd... and he wanted that the WHOLE MANACLES ARE NOT REAL, JUST IMAGINED BY HIS MONK. That would have been some strange comrad in a party... (we had some monk-buffs houseruled so it would have been playable)

/EDIT: a friend of mine had a cleric in his party who had two personalities. One was CE, one LG (IIRC), they shifted each time he took damage. So the healbot sometimes suddenly started to throw around some inflicts and went rampage with direct damage...

Metahuman1
2012-02-08, 06:41 PM

I also would like too see that build, and second the notion that you post the link.