PDA

View Full Version : How to flavor a hammy 16th century Sanger Zonvolt?

ShippoWildheart
2012-02-06, 09:00 PM
I got into a live session with a friend, and I'm deciding to make a pure Crusader for the game. The setting is apparently a Forgotten Realms version of 16th century Russia, where the population consists of DnD versions of Russians, Turkish, Polish, and Mongolians. and while making the character I couldn't help but think how awesome it'd be to portray Sanger Zonvolt.

So some quick things:
1. What alignment fits him best? In my mind, I kinda see him as Lawful Good.
2. Does the idea of a German holy warrior who has been taught the ways of bushido seem too out of place in 16th century Russia? No I don't plan on him looking like a samurai, but it's only to keep with Sanger's character.
3. What 16th century style phrases would be befitting to Sanger Zonvolt's level of awesomeness? I do plan to stick in "Shut up and listen! I am Sanger Zonvolt! I am the sword that smites evil!" phrase, and also "There is nothing that my weapon can not cut!".

And now for a quirky idea, in which I would like some input on how crazy awesome, or just plain crazy, it would be:
1. If we get to a high enough level, I wanna get my character two Rings of Arming. The reason the rings crossed my mind is because in one standard action I can change into a whole new set of gear. In my head, it seems akin to a Super Sentai/Kamen Rider henshin, which I find absolutely hilarious and I feel I must incorporate into my character.

One set of the ring would be the normal Crusader reach weapon setup and whatever else I may get, but the 2nd ring set will have Strongarm Bracers (essentially grants Powerful Build), True Strike Gauntlets (True Strike for that one full Power Attack fueled strike), a Large Greatsword (which I'll call the Colossal Blade), and Mithril Fullplate with an appearance befitting of the Dygenguard. But wait, that's not all, I want to come up with Super Sentai levels of command words to change into each set, and maybe add hammy gestures. In other words, Rule of Cool.

My plan for transformation words would be:
1. Reach weapon/lockdown set: "Change, SET!" (a bit weak, I know)
2. Dygenguard set: "HEAVENLY SAINTS, GRANT ME THE STRENGTH TO SMITE MY ENEMIES!"

Still planning what command words to say to store the equipment away. I'm willing to take suggestions.

Man, I think I watched too many Super Robot Wars videos and watch too many Super Sentai episodes these past few weeks. :smallbiggrin:

ShippoWildheart
2012-02-07, 07:16 PM
I guess all the SRW fans were asleep when I made the thread. One ka-bump.