PDA

View Full Version : The best time to art.

Mauve Shirt
2012-02-07, 06:21 AM
I'm just wondering, what time of day do you find you most feel like drawing/sculpting/arranging pieces of junk across 10 miles of desert/whatever? I find that I tend to get serious artwork done in the morning. Inspiration can strike in the middle of the day, but by the evening my motivation is gone. :smallfrown: It's sad because I can only get stuff done on the weekends.

Zorg
2012-02-07, 06:42 AM
I'm just wondering, what time of day do you find you most feel like drawing/sculpting/arranging pieces of junk across 10 miles of desert/whatever?

Usually about five minutes before I need to go to sleep, especially with my writing :smallannoyed:

Elder Tsofu
2012-02-07, 07:45 AM
Whenever I have something else, but slightly boring, which I really should be doing. Nothing like that to fire up my creativity.

Mazeburn
2012-02-07, 07:55 AM
Whenever I have something else, but slightly boring, which I really should be doing. Nothing like that to fire up my creativity.

Agreed! I sit at work with tonnes of ideas for stuff to draw, and by the time I get home I've usually forgotten them all.

And yeah, I usually work better in the morning too... I have heard of some comic artists getting up at 5am and spending a couple of hours doing art before work, I'd love to try that myself since I reckon I'd get more done. Hard to keep up for too long though, I think.

Ashen Lilies
2012-02-07, 08:39 AM
I don't do much traditional drawing, but for avatars at least, my best time is in the 30 minutes immediately after receiving an angry PM from a requestee wondering where their avatar is, usually two or more months after it was originally requested. :smalltongue:

Sean Mirrsen
2012-02-07, 08:50 AM
For me, it's usually whenever I feel bored, and know I have an hour or two (or five) of time when I'm unlikely to be interrupted. As such, it mostly happens at work. It's only rarely that I have strikes of inspiration when I can just sit down and draw; most of the time it's a process of continuous concentration.