PDA

View Full Version : Teddy bear heroes (creating a system)

Pages : 1 [2]

Admiral Squish
2013-02-01, 01:42 PM
I try. Vote count says we go with d20+mod.

SamBurke
2013-02-01, 02:20 PM

It's a very common system, I guess.

Xiander
2013-02-01, 04:31 PM

I generally don't care much for the D20. The system you suggest seems really nice though... So I'll work with you.

However i will ask this: Is there any reason to stick to the twenty? It gives a very large random factor. I feel one d10 might give the same feel with less random.

I love it when this stuff shows up on my subscribed threads again. :smallbiggrin:

I am glad to hear that I have created a force of good in the universe ;)

SamBurke
2013-02-01, 04:33 PM
I generally don't care much for the D20. The system you suggest seems really nice though... So I'll work with you.

However i will ask this: Is there any reason to stick to the twenty? It gives a very large random factor. I feel one d10 might give the same feel with less random.

D10 seems like a good way of doing it. But, then again, I'm up for pretty much anything.

Bhu
2013-02-01, 04:34 PM
Y''know they're making a movie based on the pic inspiring this thread.

http://www.slashfilm.com/dwayne-johnson-to-star-in-teddy-bear-based-on-deviantart-drawing/

Admiral Squish
2013-02-01, 06:04 PM
D10 works for me.
*math*
That means a DC 5-6 is doable by everyone, 10 would be an average low-level character. 15 is an average roll by a character with 5 dots in both mods. 20 is next to impossible.

SamBurke
2013-02-01, 06:13 PM
D10 works for me.
*math*
That means a DC 5-6 is doable by everyone, 10 would be an average low-level character. 15 is an average roll by a character with 5 dots in both mods. 20 is next to impossible.

Good place to start balancing.

How hard should the game be?

Djinn_in_Tonic
2013-02-01, 06:16 PM

If randomness is a concern, I'd recommend using 2d10 in place of the d20. Alternatively, make one ability a bonus, an make the other the number of d20s rolled, from which you pick the best.

The former centers a side spread of possible outcomes in a nice bell curve around 11 (for predictable results with room for immense luck or misfortune), while the second takes skilled characters and makes them consistently reliable, although all characters would have a chance at the same level of success (minus bonuses from other scores and so forth).

A character with Strength 2 and Athletics 4, for example, might roll 2d20, pick the best one, and then add 4 (or you could make skill rank the determining factor for number of die rolled). His stronger but less well-trained buddy (Strength 4, Athletics 1) would take the best of 4d20 and add +1. The latter has reliably high results, while the former has bigger highs and lows.

...which makes me thing natural ability should add the bonus, an skill determine the number of dice, should you choose a system like this (basically the opposite of my example above).

Frathe
2013-02-01, 07:42 PM
I have considered a system similar to the one Djinn proposed, and came to the same conclusion. Number of dice that you choose from ("accuracy") should improve with training, because you become more reliable, like a highly trained archer who can always hit near the center of the target. In contrast, natural abilities should be flat bonuses, because a character, no matter how skilled he or she is at using a battering ram, may just not be physically strong enough to batter down a sturdy iron door. Yet an untalented but brawny monster could break down the same door with a number of inaccurate but powerful smashes.

Admiral Squish
2013-02-01, 07:48 PM
It's a nice system, and it's very expressive, but we're trying to keep this as simple as possible. This should be a game you can play with your young kids, to introduce them to the fun of gaming. So, for the sake of simplicity, I stand in support of the d10+mod roll systems.

Xiander
2013-02-02, 03:25 AM
It's a nice system, and it's very expressive, but we're trying to keep this as simple as possible. This should be a game you can play with your young kids, to introduce them to the fun of gaming. So, for the sake of simplicity, I stand in support of the d10+mod roll systems.

I have to agree with squish here, I see the advantages of Djinn's system, but the simplicity of dice+mod is perhaps more fitting for this game.

The rundown of the basic difficulties also spoke to me. It seems a rather solid guide for designing target numbers.

super dark33
2013-02-02, 05:09 AM
This is great.
When you are done ill make myself a Lil' Cal.

SamBurke
2013-02-02, 10:26 AM
I have to agree with squish here, I see the advantages of Djinn's system, but the simplicity of dice+mod is perhaps more fitting for this game.

The rundown of the basic difficulties also spoke to me. It seems a rather solid guide for designing target numbers.

I third this. Simplicity is king.

Though I do rather like the dicepool system.

Admiral Squish
2013-02-02, 12:34 PM
Okay, with a generally agreed-upon mechanic in mind, I think we need to start work on the traits and roles.
To reiterate, here's my latest take on the roles. You get one primary role, and as many secondary roles as you want. The primary role sort of defines your character, but the secondary ones add depth. For example, you could play a straight doctor character, or you could play a doctor/speedster to make a paramedic. A sneak can be a thief, but a sneak/genius becomes a secret agent, and a sneak/explorer becomes a ninja.

{table=head]Role|Ability|Focus
Gunner|Power|Ranged weapon user
Heavy|Power|Strength and toughness
Warrior|Power|Damage and skill
Sneak|Hustle|Stealth-based abilities
Speedster|Hustle|Gets a mount/car and speed abilities
Explorer|Hustle|Movement and utility
Doctor|Wits|Healing allies
Leader|Wits|Buffing allies and inspiration
Genius|Wits|Gadgets and knowledge[/table]

SamBurke
2013-02-02, 04:28 PM
Okay, with a generally agreed-upon mechanic in mind, I think we need to start work on the traits and roles.
To reiterate, here's my latest take on the roles. You get one primary role, and as many secondary roles as you want. The primary role sort of defines your character, but the secondary ones add depth. For example, you could play a straight doctor character, or you could play a doctor/speedster to make a paramedic. A sneak can be a thief, but a sneak/genius becomes a secret agent, and a sneak/explorer becomes a ninja.

So a lot of the character name is in the fluffing? So you could make a sneak/explorer who's, say, Indiana Jones?

Admiral Squish
2013-02-02, 05:53 PM
So a lot of the character name is in the fluffing? So you could make a sneak/explorer who's, say, Indiana Jones?

Yep. That's the basic idea. Though, if you want to get into semantics, it seems like indy would be an explorer first, and sneak second.

SamBurke
2013-02-02, 06:24 PM
Yep. That's the basic idea. Though, if you want to get into semantics, it seems like indy would be an explorer first, and sneak second.

Hm.

Perhaps we should have a "Main Class" bonus? So a Sneak/Explorer would be different from an Explorer/Sneak?

Admiral Squish
2013-02-02, 06:32 PM
Hm.

Perhaps we should have a "Main Class" bonus? So a Sneak/Explorer would be different from an Explorer/Sneak?

That's what the 'primary role' idea is about. Primary role has an extra benefit on top of the usual stuff you get from the dots in the role.

SamBurke
2013-02-02, 06:33 PM
That's what the 'primary role' idea is about. Primary role has an extra benefit on top of the usual stuff you get from the dots in the rank.

Makes sense.

Admiral Squish
2013-02-02, 07:43 PM
So, basically, we're looking at a role's readout looking like this:

Flavor bits

General description

Primary bonus: Nifty cherry on top of the stuff gained by the role.
*: Basic feature of the role, usually equipment of some sort. A speedster's ride, a warrior's weapon.
**: Simple technique
***: Advanced technique
****: Fancy technique
*****: Capstone power

Honestly, I'd love to get right to work, but my Vespuccia project is a demanding mistress.

SamBurke
2013-02-02, 08:02 PM
So, basically, we're looking at a role's readout looking like this:

Flavor bits

General description

Primary bonus: Nifty cherry on top of the stuff gained by the role.
*: Basic feature of the role, usually equipment of some sort. A speedster's ride, a warrior's weapon.
**: Simple technique
***: Advanced technique
****: Fancy technique
*****: Capstone power

That's pretty easy to write. For Doctor:

Whenever there's a toy torn, damaged, or injured, a Doctor is there. No matter who it is, or how it happened, a Doctor is ready for the job: his trusted Stethoscope by his side.

Role: A Doctor's role is to help his allies: protect them, heal them, and give them that boost that they need.

Iconic:
Stethoscope:By spending one full turn, you can heal one point of damage for an ally.

Basic Technique:
Trust Me, I'm a Doctor:
When using your Stethoscope, you may give your ally one additional dice. They may expend this die in addition to their normal pool whenever they choose. Each ally may only have up to one extra die from this technique in their possession at any time.

Advanced Technique:
Heart Transplant:
Your allies may use your Bravery Stat instead of theirs. Alternately, you may use their Bravery Stat instead of theirs.

Fancy Technique:
Surgeon:
You may use your Stethoscope on all of your teammates at once.

Capstone:
The Power of Friendship
By spending an entire turn, you may bring back one character after he or she has died, to full points. In addition, they gain the benefit of all of your Doctor Class Techniques

"Iconic" is the thing that makes that class... THAT CLASS. (Like the Stethoscope for the Doctor, or a car for the speedster)

OTHER IDEAS:
1. Perhaps we can come up with a better name other than "Technique?" Perhaps... playstyle? Something relating to the child CHOOSING that for them.

2. This is very easy to do... it seems like we'll need a lot of various classes, or, perhaps, more abilities for each one. Just to shake things up.

3. What length of session do we want? How long will a character be used for (how long will campaigns last?) before being replaced? That tells us how many abilities we'll need in order to keep it interesting.

4. Critique on that setup and ability set for the Doctor? Better names, perhaps? I'm not a fan of "Power of Friendship..."

Xiander
2013-02-03, 04:09 AM
That's pretty easy to write. For Doctor:

"Iconic" is the thing that makes that class... THAT CLASS. (Like the Stethoscope for the Doctor, or a car for the speedster)

OTHER IDEAS:
1. Perhaps we can come up with a better name other than "Technique?" Perhaps... playstyle? Something relating to the child CHOOSING that for them.

Technique does sound a bit to grown up. Same thing goes for Ability... Power might work.
Hmmm this is hard. I would really like the names to be reminiscent of the toy theme, and still reflect that this is not a fuzzy-go-lucky game.

2. This is very easy to do... it seems like we'll need a lot of various classes, or, perhaps, more abilities for each one. Just to shake things up.

I think the list Admiral Squish has come up with is fine for now. We can always give each role different abilities to choose from at each step... I actually like that idea. Who says two doctors has to have the exact same kid?

3. What length of session do we want? How long will a character be used for (how long will campaigns last?) before being replaced? That tells us how many abilities we'll need in order to keep it interesting.

Hmmm, I am not sure. I mean, I don't want to limit people to do it my way, but the concept seems to play well with long oneshot settings. I think it would be the perfect thing to play over a weekend, but I don't know if the concept would work with long campaigns. At best it might be sort of monster of the week like.

4. Critique on that setup and ability set for the Doctor? Better names, perhaps? I'm not a fan of "Power of Friendship..."

I like the feel of the abilities you wrote, it all really fits. However i do think working in more expenditure would be thematically appropriate. For example, spending friendship to heal with stethoscope, would take the ability from being "doctory" to being channeling the power invested in you by your child through the role the child gave you. See the difference?

I really like the Heart transplant idea, though I wonder if it should be on the doctor. On one hand I can see the doctor telling you not to worry and making you brave, on the other hand I wonder if this isn't more up the Leaders alley.

Admiral Squish
2013-02-03, 08:39 AM
Technique does sound a bit to grown up. Same thing goes for Ability... Power might work.
Hmmm this is hard. I would really like the names to be reminiscent of the toy theme, and still reflect that this is not a fuzzy-go-lucky game.

How about 'move'? That seems like it'd work pretty well.

I think the list Admiral Squish has come up with is fine for now. We can always give each role different abilities to choose from at each step... I actually like that idea. Who says two doctors has to have the exact same kid?

I like the idea of alternate abilities. But the divergence would probably have to start after the iconic level.

Hmmm, I am not sure. I mean, I don't want to limit people to do it my way, but the concept seems to play well with long oneshot settings. I think it would be the perfect thing to play over a weekend, but I don't know if the concept would work with long campaigns. At best it might be sort of monster of the week like.

I think designing it for a long one shot kind of game, maybe one or two sessions, seems like it'd be just perfect.

I like the feel of the abilities you wrote, it all really fits. However i do think working in more expenditure would be thematically appropriate. For example, spending friendship to heal with stethoscope, would take the ability from being "doctory" to being channeling the power invested in you by your child through the role the child gave you. See the difference?

I really like the Heart transplant idea, though I wonder if it should be on the doctor. On one hand I can see the doctor telling you not to worry and making you brave, on the other hand I wonder if this isn't more up the Leaders alley.

Oh, one thing I want to mention is the lack of a primary bonus. It'd probably be something really simple, like making it so you heal two points when you use your stethescope.

And yeah, I think we need to work friendship expenditure in there That's what it's there for, after all.

Also, your basic technique gives bonus die, but we were going with the d10+mod, I thought.

Maquise
2013-02-03, 12:53 PM
Maybe we could make the Basic Technique let you roll twice and take the better.

I've been lurking, but never had anything to say until now.

SamBurke
2013-02-04, 09:53 AM
How about 'move'? That seems like it'd work pretty well.

Seconded.

I like the idea of alternate abilities. But the divergence would probably have to start after the iconic level.

That's what I love about PF. So... seconded.

I think designing it for a long one shot kind of game, maybe one or two sessions, seems like it'd be just perfect. So it seems we're all in agreement? It's a simple game, designed to be emotional and fun quickly.

Oh, one thing I want to mention is the lack of a primary bonus. It'd probably be something really simple, like making it so you heal two points when you use your stethoscope.

Sounds about right.

And yeah, I think we need to work friendship expenditure in there That's what it's there for, after all.

Also, your basic technique gives bonus die, but we were going with the d10+mod, I thought.

I thought we were doing both...

We should probably decide that.

All in all, for a first "rough draft" I think that the doctor "class" is helping us think a bit more.

Admiral Squish
2013-02-06, 02:25 PM
Definitely a big help.

Now, we just need to work on the rest, and come up with detailed traits.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2013-02-06, 02:47 PM

What about Endowment instead of Class and Talent instead of Ability?

Endowment becomes the role that the child endows the toy with: one is a Doctor, one a Warrior, and so forth. They are endowed with a certain set of characteristics. Talents is just a better fitting word for such a game, in my mind. It's gentler than Power or Ability, by conveys the same idea.

Grinner
2013-02-06, 03:07 PM
What about Endowment instead of Class and Talent instead of Ability?

Endowment becomes the role that the child endows the toy with: one is a Doctor, one a Warrior, and so forth. They are endowed with a certain set of characteristics. Talents is just a better fitting word for such a game, in my mind. It's gentler than Power or Ability, by conveys the same idea.

Seconded. "Class" sounds rather harsh. "Endowment" is a little more pleasing to the ears, and it reflects the relationship between the child and toy.

SamBurke
2013-02-06, 10:42 PM
Seconded. "Class" sounds rather harsh. "Endowment" is a little more pleasing to the ears, and it reflects the relationship between the child and toy.

Maybe gift? I'm thinking we should find something light, and playful. Childlike.

I just don't know *WHAT*

Maquise
2013-02-06, 10:49 PM
"Job" than? Keep it simple.

SamBurke
2013-02-06, 11:00 PM
"Job" than? Keep it simple.

OOooh. I like this. Gives a real emphasis on playtime. E'ry body else?

DracoDei
2013-02-07, 02:40 AM
Someone mentioned something about rolling two dice for being the primary skill for "doctor", but I didn't see any uses of the role that involved a roll.

killer_monk
2013-02-07, 12:15 PM
absolutely loving this. might consider getting my family together to play this after this is done.

So classes... er endowments? could everyone have a base endowment and then take things like feats to decide their role? besides making some feats instead for endowments, that would mean you'd only have to make feats for the core 4 "classes"(Cleric, Rogue, Fighter, Wizard) and then have the toys mix-and-match for unique endowments. taking all the wizard feats would make you a really powerful wizard while taking half fighter- half cleric would make you reminiscent to a paladin...

Just throwing in my thoughts, and from what I've read this thread is one of the best I've ever seen!

Grinner
2013-02-07, 12:23 PM
OOooh. I like this. Gives a real emphasis on playtime. E'ry body else?

I don't see why not.

@killer monk: I think this is what they're working with right now.

Xiander
2013-02-07, 12:50 PM
About names for things; I personally like role for the "job"-word. It tells you what role your child gave you when they played with you. I like talent and gift for the "skill"-word as they seem to fit the mood better and be less gameterm-like than ability.

Another thing I have been thinking about: I like the idea about having one primary role and 1+ secondary roles. But what does your secondary roles give you? If they give nothing, that's fine, but I would like some thematic bonus to having them.
That however gives the problem of rewarding players for having as many as possible.
How about this for a suggestion:
You get one Primary, one secondary and as many tertiary as you like.
Primary role: Gives the basic ability of the role and access to the cool stuff in the skill three.
Secondary role: Gives one ability, probably some version of the basic ability for the role (Maybe you get to pick on a list?). You can of course pick your primary again if you want to just be a doctor.
Tertiary roles: Gives you the right to ad some sort of thematic component to your plush. No stat bonus.

What do you think?

DracoDei
2013-02-07, 02:31 PM
Another thing I have been thinking about: I like the idea about having one primary role and 1+ secondary roles. But what does your secondary roles give you? If they give nothing, that's fine, but I would like some thematic bonus to having them.
That however gives the problem of rewarding players for having as many as possible.
How about this for a suggestion:
You get one Primary, one secondary and as many tertiary as you like.
Primary role: Gives the basic ability of the role and access to the cool stuff in the skill three.
Secondary role: Gives one ability, probably some version of the basic ability for the role (Maybe you get to pick on a list?). You can of course pick your primary again if you want to just be a doctor.
Tertiary roles: Gives you the right to ad some sort of thematic component to your plush. No stat bonus.

What do you think?

I get the impression that one only has so many skill dots to distribute, which is the reason you might want fewer/no secondary roles, and, at lower levels, you probably can't have ALL the roles.

Your primary gives a nice boost on top of whatever dots it has.

Xiander
2013-02-07, 02:38 PM
I get the impression that one only has so many skill dots to distribute, which is the reason you might want fewer/no secondary roles, and, at lower levels, you probably can't have ALL the roles.

Your primary gives a nice boost on top of whatever dots it has.

.... Wow, that's so simple. I hadn't thought of skills.

It does bring up an other question though, does all characters theoretically have access to all "powers"?

Ben_the_Mighty
2013-02-07, 02:46 PM
Hi, I've lurked here for years watching the adventures of the OotS. I stumbled across this thread accidentally and was so inspired to create an RPG for my kids (ages 7 & 5) that I took them to their bedroom and had them pick their favorite toys, a large floppy white polar bear for my son and a demure doll with plastic head arms and legs and a soft cuddly body and role played out their toys defeating a monster from the closet with them.

It was awesome.

So then I sat down and read most of the thread and came up with a super simple character creation system and thought I'd post it. I wanted to stress as much "Make it up as you go" as possible to fit the childlike game of imagination concept.

Teddy Bear Adventures

1st Conceived by Xiander and shared on Giant in the Playground Games

Eyes and teeth in darkness gleaming
While you lie asleep and dreaming
Monsters underneath the bed
Come to feed on fear and dread

Tirelessly we vigil keep
Guardians of your peaceful sleep
Ghosts will touch not hide nor hair
While we remain - your teddybears

-- by Heliomance

(I thought these were the strongest of the verses)

High Concepts
Monsters from the Nightmare Realm under the bed, in the closet, or outside the window come to feed on the imaginations of children. Human children bring their toys to life through the power of their love, imagination, and as an extension of their own inner self and force of character. This defense mechanism against the Night Terrors gives children time for their personality and spiritual strength to develop. Their guardians stand vigil at the bedside or pursue the terrors through the house or even back into the nightmare realm at times (ever wonder what happened to that one toy you couldn’t find for days?).

The goal isn’t physical. The Night Terrors feed on children’s psychic energy, their mana, their spiritual power. Children overcome by Night Terrors for long periods of time suffer in their waking lives. Physical damage isn’t wrought by the monsters. If a guardian is “damaged” they reduce their Bravery. When Bravery reaches “0”, the toy’s animus fades from the night.

Guardians- These are the playable characters. They are toys infused with the courage, love, spirit, and imagination of their owners. They are brought to life by the minds of their children and guard them while they sleep.

Horrors- Dream Pixies (mischief makers, torment for fun, sadistic), Nightmares (powerful dream eaters), Dream Eaters (they sap the strength and happiness leaving only bad thoughts which form into a nightmare, and sometimes literal Nightmares), Heart Breakers, Dark Pucks, Obscure Reflections (the personification of a terrible feeling the child has endured), Furies (manifestations of anger and rage both of the child and leftovers that have escaped from other places).

Children- A child’s guardian has Bravery, Friendship, Imagination, in a pinch a guardian might draw on their child's resources for help, but if the child's stats ever reach 0 there will be horrible consequences.

Gear- While guardians can interact with things that can affect their role, and even give bonuses, such as night lights, books, blankets, or toy swords, they do not get their own “gear” per se.

Consequences-
For the Child- The children lose, temporarily some of their spiritual power. They begin to feel depressed, sad, listless, less imaginative, and their toys will lose their power. They will heal over time, but if they fall victim to creatures of the night repeatedly the damage may become permanent. If it goes on long enough they will lose their guardians, their imagination, and their capacity to feel. Sometimes the consequences are less dire and the monsters put “childlike” evil promptings in the children’s minds.
For the Guardian- If any of a child's stats reach 0 the guardian's maximum value for that stat is reduced by 1. This can be repaired with successful defenses over time (spending XP).

Major Stats- These are reflections of the child’s own mind and soul
Bravery- This is the Hit Points and Willpower of the Guardians. If their bravery runs out they must draw on their Friendship
Friendship- Represents the strength of the bond with the Child(children), it serves as a source of willpower and good luck. A guardian can spend their friendship to re-roll bad rolls, temporarily improve Minor stats as needed, heal their bravery at a 2:1 exchange, or to use their Wondrous Powers
Imagination- This is your Power Stat, it determines the variation and size of potential actions that a character can make.

Minor Stats
Spirit- Capacity to do damage and absorb damage as well as the capacity to resist a Terror’s influence. (It functions as a combination Will save mod and Damage Reduction). Every point a monster rolls over a guardian’s or child’s spirit on a damage roll subtract’s a point of bravery.
Agility- This determines your speed, maneuverability and capacity to do acrobatics etc...
Cunning- Find the Monster’s weakness, remember where the flashlight is, reason with the Night Terror, understand a scary book or movie that left a weakness for a Night Terror to come in.

Character Creation-
10 points for Major Stats, distribute them any way you want
10 points for Minor stats, distribute them any way you want

Three Physical Traits- The players will make these up. These give our guardian special qualities that allow it to do special physical things.
Examples:
Big: the guardian can easily manipulate large objects or wrestle physically with large Night terrors
Bendy: the guardian can wrap itself around things, stretch, or wiggle through tight places
Cuddly: the guardian’s physical presence bolsters the Spirit of those close to them, this is especially strong for those touching them
Night Light: the guardian has a built in light which can deter Terrors
Light the Night: the guardian has a built in light

Three Wondrous Powers- These give our guardian magical capacities to interact with Night Terrors or protect their child (children), as befits a game of imagination, you make them up yourself with your GM’s permission.
Examples:
Dark Language: the guardian can spend 1 Friendship to speak with the Night Terrors and can persuade, deceive, or intimidate them, the duration and success of this communication depends on the Imagination Stat;
Burst of Friendship: This spends 1 Friendship to release a burst of the love and caring their child has for them, the size of this burst is determined by Imagination, this will force any Night Terrors too close to the guardian or their child to retreat for a time;
Share Bravery: a guardian can spend a moment of time to comfort an ally and give them a point of their own bravery.
Brave Inspiration: the guardian spends one friendship to reduce their bravery by two to grant each of their allies and their child one bravery.
Imaginative Spirit: the guardian can spend a point of friendship to add their imagination stat to their spirit for a single roll to do or resist damage.
Song of Comfort: the guardian can spend a few minutes singing to strengthen the spirit of their child by their imagination score.

Roll Mechanic- Tarafore style 2d6 roll, one die is good, the other is bad, for a +5 to -5 range bell curve around the character’s stat for possibilities. So most rolls are Minor Stat +2d6 Tarafore roll. The DCs will then be centered around the character’s stats

Experience- Every successful night where none of the child's stats reach 0 the guardians gain 1 experience point. It takes 5 to increase a major stat or get a new trait, and 2 to increase a Minor stat (if it fits the guardian's concept of course there are limits imposed by their form that should be)

Antagonist stats

Night Terrors will be represented by the difficulty of avoiding their attacks, hitting them or interacting with them. The essence the stats of any horror will be a number of difficulties, which the players roll against when dealing with the horror. They are not all necessarily malevolent, some may just be mischeivious. They can also have subtle differences in their goals, weakening a child’s capacity to resist their base impulses and give in to mean or spiteful thoughts. Most though, will feed on the child.

Horror Stats

Terror- the Terror’s Hit Points
Domination- This represents the damage they seek to do
Imagination-

They will also have Power, Agility, and Cunning

Anyway that's as far as I got and I thought you might find some inspiration there.

I really hope you guys put up some cool scenarios and monster ideas next. Here are some of my scenario ideas for future fleshing out:

Sleepovers,
Dark Lord of the Nightmares,
Corrupting Pixies,
That was a scary movie
What's going on in Sister Suzie's Room?

Grinner
2013-02-07, 04:24 PM
It might be wise to consolidate everyone's ideas now. I feel that the thread has become a bit scattered.

*snip*

Okay. I think we're done here. Good thread, everyone. :smalltongue:

Admiral Squish
2013-02-10, 10:35 PM
Definitely a nice take on it, honestly, but I think it's not quite what we'd discussed.

SamBurke
2013-02-11, 04:26 PM
Definitely a nice take on it, honestly, but I think it's not quite what we'd discussed.

The stats are different from what we'd worked towards, that's for sure.