PDA

View Full Version : [Eikan Empire]Zaroff - IC

Sen isSaqqara
2012-02-07, 08:53 AM
As what was a beautiful fall day draws to a close, you find yourself in the small rural town of Innesh. It is a tiny community: a few dozen houses fill one half of the settlement; another quarter is made up of shops surrounding a small market square; and the last quarter is made up of workshops and storage sheds. The surrounding countryside is covered with large, sprawling farms. The town has one small inn, the Shining Pendant. It is getting dark, perhaps you should find a place to stay the night.

sean_hyer
2012-02-09, 03:48 AM
Sorry for the late response - my internet has been majorly on the fritz.

Zaroff rises to his hind legs as he enters the town. No need to attract even more attention to himself. "I wonder if anyone here has proper work. It looks like such a peaceful town. I'll probably end up just hauling goods for my food." He heads for the inn, stooping slightly as he passes through the door. "Might as well face tomorrow on a full stomach and rested head." he grumbles.

Sen isSaqqara
2012-02-09, 09:25 PM
In front of you, a kith innkeeper is talking with a short woman. Behind them, a storyteller is entertaining a crowd in the bar. The innkeeper looks up at you for a second, and says "Be right with you."
He hands a key to the kith woman, and then turns to you.
"How can I help you?"

sean_hyer
2012-02-10, 12:13 PM
Zaroff gestures at the crowded room.
"I am interested in renting a room, if there are still any free. Rather than paying for a prolonged period in advance, I would prefer to rent on a daily basis - I have frankly no idea how long I'll be in town."
His stomach growls, and he grins.
"I'll also be wanting a hot meal some time tonight. Meat if you have any, and ale."

Sen isSaqqara
2012-02-10, 04:46 PM
"Ah, of course!" replies the innkeeper. "Rooms are one gold bit per night, food and drink you can get at the bar. Let's see... room 9 is still empty. Here you go." He hands you a room key attached to a small wooden plaque labeled '9'. "You can pay now or in the morning, which do you prefer?"

sean_hyer
2012-02-10, 06:34 PM
Zaroff raises his eyebrows a little on hearing the price. But then, it IS the only inn in town.
"I'll pay now, thanks", he says, digging a gold piece from his belt pouch and handing it over. He turns, heading for the stairs. "I'm sure I can find the room on my own."

In the privacy of his room, Zaroff set down his pack, rolling his shoulders to relieve some of the stress, then began the lengthy process of removing his armor.

I'm not sure how much I should say in one go. Most of this requires no DM interaction, but you might want to interject. Once I've got my armor off, I'll head down to the bar (but I'll still carry my spear).

Sen isSaqqara
2012-02-10, 06:40 PM
Heading down to the bar, you arrive just in time for the conclusion of a story being told by a kith man sitting on a small stage in the corner. It is a classic, a tale of the legendary human explorer, Garrel Stonearm. The crowd applauds the man, the story was masterfully told.

sean_hyer
2012-02-10, 07:36 PM
Despite himself, Zaroff cannot suppress a smile at the humorous ending to the story. Seating himself at the bar, he signals to the barkeep, keeping an ear cocked for the bard's next tale.
If the storyteller's next tale is about soldiers, armies, etc., then Zaroff will quietly retire to his room, and dine on trail rations.

Sen isSaqqara
2012-02-11, 10:15 PM
A young human child calls out to the storyteller: "Tell the story of the Six!" You recognize the story, it is a myth dating back from long before the Saih empire.

Sen isSaqqara
2012-02-13, 04:07 PM
The storyteller begins the story, dramatically reciting the ancient tale. As he draws to a conclusion, he is interrupted by a loud crash from the roof. A sound like that of an explosion follows, then a loud thump from outside the front door.