PDA

View Full Version : [Eikan Empire]Elgold - IC

Sen isSaqqara
2012-02-07, 08:54 AM
As what was a beautiful fall day draws to a close, you find yourself in the small rural town of Innesh. It is a tiny community: a few dozen houses fill one half of the settlement; another quarter is made up of shops surrounding a small market square; and the last quarter is made up of workshops and storage sheds. The surrounding countryside is covered with large, sprawling farms. The town has one small inn, the Shining Pendant. It is getting dark, perhaps you should find a place to stay the night.

Godur
2012-02-08, 04:43 AM
Elgold briefly regarded the small town with scrutinising eyes; a rural town, he saw little prospect for great profit here, but at least he should be able to fool the townsfolk of enough coin to proceed with his travels. A small smirk form on the old gnome's lips as he make his way down the small road further into town.

Approaching one of the townsfolk he raises his hat in greeting. "Good evenin'. Name's Bimble, a merchant, and I'm passin' through this here fine town of yours. Say, tell me, is that an inn over there?" He says with a smile as he point towards what he assumes is the inn.

Sen isSaqqara
2012-02-10, 08:34 AM
"Indeed it is, friend. Best, if only, inn in town, as my old friend Kavin always say." replies the man. "Best get moving, though. Rooms are probably almost full by now."

Godur
2012-02-13, 03:50 AM
"Much obliged there friend." Elgold give the man a polite nod, and head to the inn. Taking in the village as he make his way he wonder if there might be any ways of making a profit here.

"Best look at the establishment, eh Elgold" He mumbles to himself as he step inside the inn, looking around briefly once inside, before moving over to the counter in search for the innkeeper.

Sen isSaqqara
2012-02-13, 08:01 AM
The innkeeper greets you warmly, if quietly. He is paying more attention to the story being told behind him by a kith man sitting on a small stage in the corner. The room is filled with a mixture of kith and humans, and a Saih.
"Hello there, friend. How can I help you?"

Godur
2012-02-13, 08:52 AM
"Good evenin'. Name's Bimble, and I wonder if you have any rooms available in this mighty fine establishment" Elgold asks the innkeeper while he let his eyes wander over the interior of the inn, to see if there's a chance for some gambling atleast.

Sen isSaqqara
2012-02-13, 04:03 PM
"That we do, last one as it is. It'll be one gold bit per night, pay now or in the morning." replies the kith innkeeper.

As for the room, there does not appear to be much chance of any gambling, at least not yet. Nightfall proper is just beginning. For now, everyone seems to be listening to the storyteller. He is telling the story of the Six from Shadow, an ancient legend that you remember vaguely from your childhood. He is rather good at it, keeping the entire crown enthralled with his recitation. As you listen, a loud crash echoes from the roof, followed by what sounds like an explosion, then a thump on the ground outside the door.

Godur
2012-02-14, 03:45 AM
"Last one, eh? I'll take it then." Elgold says to the innkeeper and pay for the room. He then move to sit down on one o the many stools near the counter. Whiel listening to the storyteller with somewhat mild interest he considers his plans for the following day, leaving the town immediately seemed the easy way.

"What in the blazing hells?" His train of thought is interupted by the loud ruckus outside, and his eyes snap towards the door as they go somewhat wide.

Sen isSaqqara
2012-02-14, 01:38 PM
The storyteller speaks up quickly. "Ladies and gentlemen, if I may keep your attention, I have one last story to finish off the night. I ask that you disregard the noises outside as they'll no doubt end when the town guard arrives."
Most of the crowd goes back to listening as he begins a new story.
The human innkeeper and a woman with light-brown hair move to the door, and cautiously open it.

Godur
2012-02-16, 07:42 PM
Elgold shake his head briskly at the storyteller. "Trying to squeeze the last few coins from the audience before it's too late... Why didn't I think of that?" He mumbles to himself and turn his attention to the door instead, seeing as whatever happened outside the inn, it was likely more important.

Sen isSaqqara
2012-02-16, 11:21 PM
The human innkeeper and the young woman he was talking to move towards the door and open it. They move cautiously out, then the innkeeper returns, shutting the door after him. He looks visibly shaken. He begins talking to the kith innkeeper in hushed tones.

Godur
2012-02-19, 05:26 AM
"Hrrm" Elgold mumbles to himself as he get down from the stool he sat on, and move over to the door. He makes sure to listen for any immediate sounds of combat, and open the door to peek outside.

Sen isSaqqara
2012-02-19, 10:56 AM
Opening the door, you don't immediately see anything, but you notice some movement to your left. You can just make out the dark figure of the young woman dragging something towards the stables.

Godur
2012-02-21, 08:34 PM
Elgold follow the woman with his gaze, and more importantly trying to see what she was pulling towards the stables. "Not sure I like this. Could be trouble." He mumbles to himself and step outside the inn, moving closer to get a better look, but still trying to stay at a safe distance from the woman. "This is a mistake Elgold...Going back to the inn is a better plan" He try to tell himself.

Sen isSaqqara
2012-02-22, 12:03 PM
As you round the corner, you see her disappearing into one of the stable stalls. She emerges a few seconds later, and heads into the Inn through the back door.

Godur
2012-02-27, 05:01 AM
Elgold wait for the young woman to disapepar back inside before he move to the stable, appraching the entrance to peer inside. Unless he spot someone in there he then enter the stables to look around for anything out of hte ordinary.

Sen isSaqqara
2012-02-27, 12:48 PM
Making your way into the stables, you begin to look around. Nothing appears out of the ordinary. Suddenly, a voice calls out behind you: "Now what would you be doing out here?" You recognize it as the kith innkeeper's. "Not that I care, as long as you're not up to some kind of mischief."

Godur
2012-02-28, 05:51 AM
"Ah! Darnit!" Elgold spin around on the spot to face the innkeeper. "Don't you know that you're not supposed to go sneakin' up on old men like me?" He says with a raised fist. "Bah. I was just checkin' what the darned ruckus was al about."

Sen isSaqqara
2012-02-28, 08:15 AM
Kavin sighs. "Someone's been killed." He moves over to a blanket laid in one of the stalls, and pulls it aside to reveal a body. There's a large, gaping hole in one side of the neck. "We found him out front just after that noise from the roof. I don't suppose you have any idea what happened to him?"

Godur
2012-02-28, 12:15 PM
Elgold shake his head. " 'fraid I don't. Damned nasty business that" He says as he watch the corpse briefly. "Doesn't seem all natural to me though."

Sen isSaqqara
2012-02-28, 05:56 PM
"What, with the explosion and the gaping wound? You don't say." replies the kith innkeeper. "Javin was a well known face around here, respected. I don't think he had any enemies to speak of, so the blame likely lies on an outsider. Hmn..." he trails off, looking over to you with an interested look on his face. "Perhaps you can help us. The town council'll be meeting in a bit. We'll have to elect someone to the position of town watch, perhaps several people. You've certainly got admirable deductive skills..." he adds with just the slightest hint of sarcasm.

Godur
2012-03-01, 05:27 AM
"Hmph! Don't get smart with me boy. I'm old and have a right for stating the obvious." Elgold says and narrow his eyes slightly. "Now what's this 'bout a town watch, hm? Do I look like I'd fit there?"

Sen isSaqqara
2012-03-01, 08:22 AM
"In a completely advisory position, of course. I mean, look at old Javin here..." Upon closer inspection, the body is indeed that of an older man. "He was the previous town watch. It was mostly a ceremonial position, but it also involved advising the council on matters of security. I'm sure we can find others to do any fighting, but perhaps you would be interested in helping too? There is, after all, a town-paid wage associated with the role..."

Godur
2012-03-01, 10:01 AM
"Hrrm...that so?" Elgold asks and peer at Javin briefly. He thinks on this, this could be an opportunity to earn some gold, and so long as he didn't have to do any fighting he could play along. "Right...No promises, but I'll attend your meetin'. Where is it, you said?"

Sen isSaqqara
2012-03-01, 10:08 AM
"I'll be calling the council together here at the inn. They should meet in half an hour or so. I've got to go take a look at the roof now." The innkeeper covers the corpse and turns away towards the door. He pauses. "The name's Kavin, by the way. Nice to meet you."

Godur
2012-03-02, 03:10 PM
Elgold nods once at the innkeeper. "Name's Elgold. I'll head backt to the inn." He says, briefly looking to the corpse again, before heading back to the inn. Thoughts on how we has going to handle the town watch business were flying through his skull, money or no it didn't seem wise to be on the town watch, more than that it wasn't his style. "Eh, I'll see what happens" He mutters to himself as he enter the inn through the front door.