PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder - Fallen Fortress

Pages : [1] 2

Xeno55
2012-02-07, 08:57 AM
Nestor Lokren (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=368849) half orc ranger
Azure Flint (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=368846) human ranger
Victor Hakov (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22998972/Vicar%20Hazuk.html) half elf rogue
Kova Kaveri (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=368855) human fighter
Thrist ``Big Red`` Rechi (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=368888) human cleric

You are in Absalom, the mighty City at the Center of the World,
and you’ve always longed to explore one of the countless ruins of
failed conquerors that litter the plains outside the city’s walls.
You’ve heard rumors that one of the sealed siege castles has
been laid open by a minor earthquake. Word on the street is
that no one has yet entered the tower, which folks are calling the
“Fallen Fortress.” What better way to start a life of excitement
and adventure than by exploring its long-abandoned, dusty
halls and perhaps claiming its ancient treasures?

You all know each other, exactly how is up to you. Perhaps you were in school together, worked together, or were arrested together. You may have grown up together, or just met recently gambling or drinking in a tavern. You might be related, or former lovers, or childhood friends.

This is how it works. You can't just say you were, for example, arrested together unless the other player agrees. So you need to PM each other, or start an OOC thread, and get a story together you both agree with. Only then do you post your connecting story in this thread. You get 50 xp for each such story. Once you have three connections you may pick a trait. Once you are connected to everyone the GM will pick another trait for you.

Xeno55
2012-02-07, 08:58 PM
You met up early in the day and agreed to explore the so-called Fallen Fortress, loot everything of value, and share the profit. So the adventure begins. You become acquainted or perhaps reacquainted as the adventure proceeds.

In other words roleplaying and the narrative and combat all proceed at the same time.

As you approach the tower you see:

The ruined siege castle now being called the Fallen Fortress
rises out of the churned earth of the Cairnlands. No doors or
windows mar the otherwise smooth expanse of the tower’s
walls. The tower is quatrefoil in plan; its eastern wing has
largely collapsed, exposing the interior floors to the open
air. Only the topmost level seems whole, though its eastern
portion hangs precariously over the mountain of rubble left
by the collapse. At ground level, the rubble frames a gaping
hole in the side of the building that provides access to the
tower’s darkened interior.

The tower is 80' tall with very smooth walls, except where damaged on the east. Quatrefoil means the floor plan looks like a four leaf clover. So on the first level there is one room full of rubble that is exposed to sunlight, and there should be three similar rooms also on the first floor.

Xeno55
2012-02-07, 11:06 PM
perception rolls

Nestor Lokren half orc ranger[roll0]
Azure Flint human ranger[roll1]
Victor Hakov half elf rogue[roll2]
Kova Kaveri human fighter[roll3]
Thrist ``Big Red`` Rechi human cleric[roll4]

Nestor, Victor and Thrist notice a pack of 4 mangy dogs closing rapidly with the party.

Xeno55
2012-02-07, 11:12 PM
Initiative rolls

Nestor[roll0]
Victor[roll1]
Thrist[roll2]

dogs[roll3]

Nestor, Victor and Thrist may all take actions, in any order, or may hold their action until after the dogs have moved.

Hestraim
2012-02-08, 12:11 AM
Thrist draws his Greatsword. He moves to intercept the approaching pack.

I am gonna need to some help over here!

Vicissitudes
2012-02-08, 06:29 AM
Victor stopped moving as soon as he spotted the wild pack of dogs and, almost without thinking he reached for his bow and nocked an arrow, raising it in silent, fluid motion.
He held his breath while aiming at the nearest enemy. Rabid flea bags - thought Victor, a lot of those were roaming through the damp parts of Puddles back in the day... and shoot at the nearest approaching dog.

Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]

Xeno55
2012-02-08, 07:26 AM
Thrist draws his Greatsword. He moves to intercept the approaching pack.

I am gonna need to some help over here!

Because your BAB is zero, it takes an action to draw a weapon, and another to move.

Xeno55
2012-02-08, 07:27 AM
Victor stopped moving as soon as he spotted the wild pack of dogs and, almost without thinking he reached for his bow and nocked an arrow, raising it in silent, fluid motion.
He held his breath while aiming at the nearest enemy. Rabid flea bags - thought Victor, a lot of those were roaming through the damp parts of Puddles back in the day... and shoot at the nearest approaching dog.

Vic hits and wounds one of the attacking dogs.

Nestor is up.

Nestor
2012-02-08, 09:57 AM
Nestor studies the dogs for just a moment before readying his crossbow. He plucks a bolt from the threadbare pouch tied at his belt, slides it into the catch, and begins drawing back the winch.

Xeno55
2012-02-08, 03:06 PM
One dog, the wounded one, attacks Nestor, perhaps seeking revenge. The other three gang up on Thrist.

vs Nestor[roll0]
vs Thrist [roll1]
vs Thrist [roll2]
vs Thrist [roll3]

Xeno55
2012-02-08, 03:09 PM
Thrist is bitten for five hit points of damage. The dogs are in melee with Thrist and Nestor.

All PCs may take actions in any order.

Note that dropping an item is a free action, while drawing a weapon is a move action.

This is also a good time to check your character sheet and see if you have given yourself either one hit point or one skill point for making the class you start in your "favored class." I recommend the hit point, especially for first level.

Expl0siv0
2012-02-08, 03:46 PM
((OOC: You said all PC's, eh? I'm assuming you mean the rest of us are included now. If not, just apply what I said at the right time or I'll edit/delete this))

Kova laughed arrogantly, "Wolves? I've seen tougher animals on my farm." But his cocky demeanor changed once Thrist was bitten. "Tough little buggers!" Kova readies his spear and moves up to attack one of the three wolves attacking Thrist and thrusts with his shortspear.

Attack roll:[roll0]
Damage roll:[roll1]

Vicissitudes
2012-02-08, 03:54 PM
When the wild dogs came close Victor dropped his bow on the ground, draw his rapier and immediately attacked the dog that was seeking revenge on Nestor after Victor's previous attack.

Assuming that I'm adjacent to this dog:

Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage roll: [roll1]

Nesori
2012-02-08, 04:06 PM
Azure quickly draws his bow, placing an arrow upon it and focuses on the wounded dog, he fires at it.

Attack: [roll0] (+6 if its close)
DamageL [roll1] +1 if close range

Hestraim
2012-02-08, 04:22 PM
These things are vicious but my time has not yet come!

Thrist swings his Greatsword at the first dog that bit him. Firmly believing followers of the Lord of Iron would prevail.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Xeno55
2012-02-08, 05:12 PM
Victor and Azure slay the dog attacking Nestor.

Thrist slices in half one of the beasts attacking him.

Kova's attack misses.

Nestor may attack with xbow at -4, or draw a weapon and melee attack one of the dogs.

Vicissitudes
2012-02-08, 05:34 PM
Thrilled after successful attack, Victor swiftly moved behind the nearest aggressor right into the flanking position and while carefully aiming thrust his rapier at feral dog.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

If sneak attack applies here:
Sneak Attack: [roll2]

Xeno55
2012-02-08, 05:50 PM
Thrilled after successful attack, Victor swiftly moved behind the nearest aggressor right into the flanking position and while carefully aiming thrust his rapier at feral dog.

Sneak attack would apply. However before this happens Nestor must make his move, and then the dogs get a turn.

Nestor
2012-02-08, 06:43 PM
Snapping the winch into place, Nestor raises his crossbow, takes aim at one of the dogs harrying Thrist, and fires a bolt into the fray.

Attack roll
[roll0]
Damage roll
[roll1]

Xeno55
2012-02-08, 06:49 PM
Nestor misses.

The remaining two dogs take withdrawal moves, retreating rapidly. PCs my fire missile weapons at them if they like, but whether or not they escape the party gets 100xp for each player. (We are using fast experience, so it is 1300xp to second level.)

Party members may proceed as they wish.

Nesori
2012-02-08, 07:19 PM
Azure stops firing as they run and sheathes his bow"Well, that was a quick fight" Azure says, looking at the corpse of the dog he shot, and tries to pull out the arrow.

Is there a roll for arrow retrieval, or is it even possible? Is the xp in addition to the 250 per connection or do we still need to finalize the story?

Vicissitudes
2012-02-08, 07:19 PM
After letting dogs run away, Victor sheaved rapier and went back to pick up his bow from the ground and placed it comfortably on his back, ready to be used again. "Rabid dogs.. They can be really nasty up here.. You okay?" - said Victor while looking at wounded Thrist.

Victor looks at the direction where the dogs run to make sure that they are safe at this moment and also to better understand their current surroundings.
Perception check: 1d20+10

Hestraim
2012-02-08, 07:27 PM
Thrist approaches the bodies of the fallen dogs to ensure they are dead. He then wipes the blood of the dogs off of his Greatsword and re-sheathes it.

We are fortunate not to be in the North, the dogs are twice the size of these things. My bite would have left me on the ground.

Thrist beings to Channel Positive Energy. Everyone within the group feels renewed and ready to continue the adventure.

[roll0]

Nestor
2012-02-08, 07:32 PM
Nestor fumbles with his crossbow, looks down, and shakes his head, clearly embarrassed.

"Rotten luck, eh?," he says, smiling.

The half-orc loads another bolt into his crossbow and gestures toward the aperture in the east wall. "Walls look a mite too smooth for climbing, but that hole should give us no trouble," he says. "Care to find out?"

Hestraim
2012-02-08, 07:45 PM
I think we should go inside. Make sure nothing will come out and get us as we climb.

Nestor
2012-02-08, 08:03 PM
"Works for me," Nestor says, deftly stepping over the rubble-strewn path and toward the hole. "Best prepare your torches, humans."

Xeno55
2012-02-08, 08:14 PM
Is there a roll for arrow retrieval, or is it even possible? Is the xp in addition to the 250 per connection or do we still need to finalize the story?

I generally play that arrows that miss have a 50% chance of retrieval, while those that hit are broken.

You could search the pathfinder resource document here (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/) if you wanted to, I'm not aware of an official rule for this.

You don't have any of the 50 per connection until it is spelled out exactly. And yes, this xp for defeating the dogs is additional.

Xeno55
2012-02-08, 08:15 PM
Victor looks at the direction where the dogs run to make sure that they are safe at this moment and also to better understand their current surroundings.
Perception check: [roll0]

The roller didn't work for you, but it doesn't matter, the surviving hounds are racing away.

Hestraim
2012-02-08, 08:23 PM
From inside of his backpack, Thrist draws out his torch and strikes a match to light it. Feeling ill at ease, Thrist also dons his shield in case something is within the rubble filled room.

Thrist follows Nestor while trying to be alert as possible in case a creature is lurking inside of the ruined level.
Perception to see if there is anything inside of the room[roll0]

Xeno55
2012-02-08, 08:32 PM
When the PCs enter the tower, it is soon apparent that
the collapse of the eastern wing has caved in much of
tower’s first level as well. The southern wing is entirely
filled with rubble, leaving only the northern wing accessible.

The northern wing of the tower seems to have escaped the
worst effects of the collapse, but rubble still litters the floor
and everything is covered in a thick layer of stone dust. Thick
cobwebs cloak the ceiling and hang down the walls like gossamer
tapestries. A single archway stands open in the southwest wall.
While most of this room escaped the collapse, enough
rubble still covers the floor to make the entire room
difficult terrain.

So you are standing in the eastern, octagonal room, with 2 doors; the one to the southwest leading to a mostly impassable chamber filled with rubble, and to the northwest a room with rubble and cobwebs. All of the rooms in the tower are 35 feet across.

Xeno55
2012-02-08, 08:36 PM
"Walls look a mite too smooth for climbing, but that hole should give us no trouble," he says. "Care to find out?"

As Nestor takes a more careful look it appears that the collapse of the eastern part of the tower has created the potential for an easier climb up. Looking up one can see that the second, third, and fourth story eastern rooms are now all partially open to the outdoors. Only he top level remains closed off.

While the smooth walls are a DC 25 to climb, the edges of the eastern, damaged wall are only DC 15.

Xeno55
2012-02-08, 08:46 PM
The party may wish to put together a marching order, although this is not strictly necessary.

Nestor I believe your intent is to push ahead from what you have said in the thread, so I'm going to keep the story moving.

Nestor is currently leading, followed by Thrist, then the others. There is nothing unusual in the eastern room. The south room is filled with rubble, so they head north.

Perception Rolls:

Nestor[roll0]
Thrist[roll1]

Xeno55
2012-02-08, 08:50 PM
From somewhere above Nestor and Thrist are surprised by a web of sticky goo, shooting out from somewhere above.

[roll0]

Both are entangled in sticky webs, and the archway in is also blocked!

A giant spider climbs down strands of web from above and attacks Nestor.

What has happened so far is that the PCs perception rolls were not high enough to spot the monster, and it was alert, so it got a surprise round. Then it rolled high for initiative, so it strikes first in the following round.

Xeno55
2012-02-08, 08:55 PM
The spider attacks.

[roll0]

Nestor is saved by his armor - barely.

Nestor and Thrist are entangled: An entangled creature can escape with a successful Escape Artist check or burst the web with a Strength check. Both are standard actions with a DC equal to 10 + 1/2 the creature's HD + the creature's Con modifier. Attempts to burst a web by those caught in it take a –4 penalty.

The web also blocks the door, an absolutely perfect cast by the spider. The rest of the party must fight their way through the web if they wish to fight the spider. As it is the web effectively blocks melee and missile attacks.

Nestor may attack the spider, although being entangled gives him a -2 to hit penalty.

PCs may take actions in any order.

Hestraim
2012-02-08, 09:28 PM
While not paying attention Thrist was completely caught off guard by the sudden web. He angrily attempts to tear out of his temporary web prison.

1d20+4-4

Xeno55
2012-02-08, 09:29 PM
maybe you left off [/roll]

Nestor
2012-02-08, 09:34 PM
Struggling to focus, Nestor levels his crossbow and fires in the spider's direction.

Attack roll.
[roll0]
Damage roll.
[roll1]

Immediately after, he drops the crossbow to the floor and unsheathes his light mace, bracing himself.

Xeno55
2012-02-08, 09:37 PM
Nestor misses his shot, but will be prepared to fight with his mace next round.

Hestraim
2012-02-08, 09:43 PM
While not paying attention Thrist was completely caught off guard by the sudden web. He angrily attempts to tear out of his temporary web prison.

[roll0]

Xeno55
2012-02-08, 09:46 PM
Thrist fails to struggle free.

The other three heroes are now up.

Expl0siv0
2012-02-08, 10:49 PM
((Sorry, not used to the DM posting this quick! haha Let's make sure I'm right, I'm blocked by a web and the spider is attacking Thister and Nestor right?))

((Also, I want to retcon some of this since I missed out. I had my torch lit when we walked in))

"Damn spider! Where did he come from?" Kova focused on his companions. "Hold on, I will help you."

((Can I use my torch to set the web on fire and burn it up? If so, I'd like to do that. If not I'll take out my short sword and hack at the web))

Roll for attacking web if needed
[roll0]

Vicissitudes
2012-02-09, 03:55 AM
"Ugh... Spider... I hate them.." - said Victor while trying to hide his disgust. He took out his rapier and tried to hack through the web blocking the door.

if its on fire then I just speed it up with hacking..
attack: [roll0]

Xeno55
2012-02-09, 03:57 AM
((Sorry, not used to the DM posting this quick! haha Let's make sure I'm right, I'm blocked by a web and the spider is attacking Thister and Nestor right?))

((Also, I want to retcon some of this since I missed out. I had my torch lit when we walked in))

"Damn spider! Where did he come from?" Kova focused on his companions. "Hold on, I will help you."

((Can I use my torch to set the web on fire and burn it up? If so, I'd like to do that. If not I'll take out my short sword and hack at the web))

Roll for attacking web if needed
[roll0]

When I can I try to move things along fast. Especially minor battles. Although with the spider rolling a 20 this battle may not be minor. And yes, you understand the battle correctly, and Pathfinder webs aren't especially flammable, so:

Kova cuts a gap in the web, it is now possible to slide oneself into the room, either as a full action (doing nothing else), or as a move action with an acrobatics check DC 11.

Kova is done for the round, and is still outside of the room with the spider.

The other two players may take actions.

Xeno55
2012-02-09, 03:59 AM
Ninja! (Means posts crossed each other)

Victor may enlarge the hole, or enter the room as described above.

Vicissitudes
2012-02-09, 05:28 AM
Without much of a thought Victor rushed to slide through the newly made hole hoping he won't get stuck.

Acrobatics: [roll0]

If succeeded and, I'm standing next to Thrist I try to help him to get out from the from the web:
Attack: [roll1]

Is the spider hanging from the ceiling? Can I flank him?

Xeno55
2012-02-09, 08:25 AM
Victor slides through the web successfully. He fails in his attempt to weaken the web near Thrist. He is perfectly set up to flank the spider next round. The spider is a little above Victor, but still in reach, and in melee combat with Nestor.

Azure is up.

Expl0siv0
2012-02-09, 10:08 AM
((I'm taking a free action to engage in dialog, just to RP it up. This takes place right after I cut the web and right before his acrobatics check.))

"Ha! Come on boys, I've cut the web!" I yell as my short sword slices through the thick webbing blocking the archway. I turn to face Vic and shout, "Quickly, through this spot. You can probably jump through it. Hurry!"

((After his success, I RP this one line))

"By Sarenrae, you did it!" I turn to Azure and give him a knowing glance. "Come on. We've no time to waste."

Nesori
2012-02-09, 02:28 PM
(Sorry! Was at school)

Azure slides himself under the webbing, making sure he doesn't get stuck
"Not going to risk getting myself stuck. Dont worry about me and go for the spider!"

Xeno55
2012-02-09, 02:38 PM
The spider attacks Nestor again.

[roll0]

Xeno55
2012-02-09, 02:40 PM
Confirming the Critical Hit

[roll0]

Nestor takes four points of damage and must save vs poison!

Xeno55
2012-02-09, 02:44 PM
Fortitude saves versus poison.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Nestor fails to save versus poison and loses 2 points of strength.

He will need to keep saving vs poison for an unknown number of rounds, potentially losing more strength. The strength lose is not permanent, it is healed up by resting at the rate of 1 point an hour.

All players may take actions in any order. Nestor and Vic each flank the spider at this point, gaining a +2 to hit bonus in melee.

Vicissitudes
2012-02-09, 02:56 PM
Victor looks up searching for a fragile spot on the spiders body and fiercely attacks with his rapier.

Attack + flanking bonus: [roll0]
Sneak attack damage: [roll2]

Xeno55
2012-02-09, 03:06 PM
The rapier fails to penetrate the beasts leathery hide.

Nesori
2012-02-09, 03:33 PM
Azure quickly takes his bow out and fires an arrow at the spider

Attack: [roll0] or +6
Damage: [roll1] or +1

Xeno55
2012-02-09, 03:39 PM
Azure fires into melee and successfully hits and wounds the monster.

Shooting into melee is a -4 to hit penalty, but you rolled high enough that it didn't matter.

Expl0siv0
2012-02-09, 03:54 PM
((If I'm correct I still need to move through the partially covered archway.))

"I am not so nimble, friends. Give me a moment and I will help you!" I yell towards my party.

((I want to take the full round action to get through.))

Xeno55
2012-02-09, 04:15 PM
Kova carefully and successfully enters the room.

Expl0siv0
2012-02-09, 04:41 PM
((This might be a bit premature but when I get home from work I might not be online right away. So I thought I'd get my move in now and you can just plop this in to your next post when you desire.))

Kova manages to make his way past the web and he looks to find Nestor badly hurt and a bit sickly looking. Kova remembered reading about the dangers of spider venom, although he has no detailed knowledge of any posions.

He yells out to the party, "Watch out. He may have been poisoned!" Kova then bravely marches forward and attacks the spider with his short sword.

((Taking the free action to yell about Nestor's condition. Using a move action to get up to the spider [if I'm close enough] and attacking it))

Attack roll: [roll0]

(I think I forgot my STR modifier to damage last time)

Xeno55
2012-02-09, 04:43 PM
OK so Kova is one move ahead, which may prevent him from holding up the party, depending on how things go.

Hestraim
2012-02-09, 05:18 PM
Giving himself a second to recuperate for what anyone could describe as an abysmal fail last time, Thrist refocuses and attempts to tear his way out of the web.

[roll0]

Hestraim
2012-02-09, 05:20 PM
Giving himself a second to recuperate for what anyone could describe as an abysmal fail last time, Thrist refocuses and attempts to tear his way out of the web.

[roll0]

Xeno55
2012-02-09, 10:01 PM
Thrist remains trapped in the strong, sticky strands of web.

Nestor is up, then the spider.

Nestor
2012-02-10, 10:00 AM
Struggling against thick, sticky folds of webbing, Nestor tries to steady himself as he bashes the spider with his mace.

Attack roll.
[roll0]
Damage roll.
[roll1]

Xeno55
2012-02-10, 04:29 PM
Nestor misses, and the spider strikes again.

[roll0]

The spider hits, it would have missed except for the sticky web reducing his dexterity. Nestor takes 1 point of damage and must save vs poison.

Xeno55
2012-02-10, 04:34 PM
Save vs poison

[roll0]

Nestor saves against poison.

All players may now take actions in any order.

Xeno55
2012-02-10, 04:37 PM
Kova, as posted earlier, attacks and misses.

Vicissitudes
2012-02-10, 04:51 PM
Despite his recent failure at striking the giant spider, Victor again swung his trusty rapier at the vicious arachnid.

Attack roll + flanking: [roll0]
Sneak attack: [roll2]

Xeno55
2012-02-10, 05:03 PM
Vic misses, nearly dropping his rapier in the process.

Good thing we are not using critical fumbles!

Nesori
2012-02-10, 06:56 PM
Azure swaps to his shortsword and goes to attack the spider

Nesori
2012-02-10, 06:58 PM
OC: Critical Roll?

Potential Critical: [roll0]
Damage : (does this need to be rolled, assuming so) [roll1]

Xeno55
2012-02-10, 07:00 PM
Azure stabs the monstrous creature, just missing a critical spot, but inflicting heavy damage regardless.

Nestor
2012-02-10, 10:05 PM
Frustrated and straining against his webby bonds, Nestor weakly swings his mace at the spider.

Attack roll.

Damage roll.
[roll1]

Corrected damage roll (accidentally used the wrong die).
[roll]1d6+1
Critical hit check.
1d20
Potential crit damage roll.
1d6+1

Nestor
2012-02-10, 10:16 PM
Tried to edit in a corrective roll and my crit damage—didn't work, so here it is.

Corrected damage roll for the initial attack.
[roll0]
Crit check.
[roll1]
Crit damage.
[roll2]

Nestor
2012-02-10, 10:29 PM
Forgot to add the +1 to the second damage roll, so it should come out to be 7. Also: Huzzah! An absolutely devastating critical after a series of embarrassing misses!

Xeno55
2012-02-10, 11:06 PM
Huzzah! Indeed.

The spider falls dead at Nestors feet.

This generates another 100 xp per player, so everyone is at:

200 xp

Xeno55
2012-02-10, 11:20 PM
Hanging in the north room the party finds:

A small cocoon hangs in the webs, holding the
remains of an unfortunate dog that fell into the spider’s
clutches. The desiccated carcass is still wearing its leather
collar, which is studded with lapis lazuli stones and has a
silver tag reading “Kita.” The collar is worth 50 gp.

There is an archway into the western room which is partly filled with rubble. The party searches and finds nothing of interest. There is an archway from this room into the southern room, but it is completely blocked with rubble.

Also in the west room is a door on the eastern wall leading into a square room This square room is in the middle of the four octagonal rooms. It contains a spiral staircase, but the area is blocked by fallen rubble and impossible to pass.

The only obvious way to reach higher levels of he tower is to climb.

Expl0siv0
2012-02-10, 11:39 PM
Kova watched as the spider died in front of him. "Foul beast! Glad we're done with that, eh boys?" He looks at his companions and asks, "Do you guys need to rest? Are you hurt badly?"

Nestor
2012-02-10, 11:55 PM
Nestor stares at the fallen spider, stunned. "Lucky blow, I suppose," he says.

He tucks his mace into his belt loop, gives it a couple of firm pats, then takes his time while carefully plucking tendrils of sticky webbing from his arms and legs.

Taking 20 on Escape Artist.

As he collects his crossbow from the dusty floor, Nestor looks up at Kova. "You know, I am still feeling woozy," he says. "I'm going to take a brief repose over yonder, on that bit of soft, comfy, inviting-looking stone." He gestures vaguely toward the southwest corner. "When I come about, I can climb up a level with some of that rope you fellows brought along."

He shuffles to the corner and shrugs off his load, producing a bedroll and a blanket from his backpack. Spreading them on the floor, he lies down and closes his eyes.

"Try not to bicker too loudly over that mutt's collar," he says, grinning.

Expl0siv0
2012-02-10, 11:59 PM
"Good. Rest but for a moment, friend. I can tell you're going to need your strength." Kova sheaths his short sword and then starts walking towards the dog. "Ah, yes. Poor mutt. You all suppose anyone in Absalom knows about this dog? Perhaps we can take that collar in town and find the owner, I'm sure they'd want to know what happened to their dog." Kova walks over to the collar and picks it up and holds it up to show the rest of the party.

Vicissitudes
2012-02-11, 03:54 AM
Victor could not believe how ineffective his attacks were against the spider. "Uh I got little rusty with my sword skills" - sighed and quickly hid away his rapier, "but glad that I was the only one" - said while looking at the dead carcass.
He glanced at the mutt's collar that Kova was holding. "We could try to find dog's owner, maybe there is a reward for some information.. If not we can always sell it"

Should I try to combine my grappling hook and rope for easier climbing?

Xeno55
2012-02-11, 06:21 AM
Note rules on climbing here. (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/skills/climb.html#climb)

The grappling hook is for throwing, in other words for getting a rope somewhere it would be difficult to get it otherwise.

Note that a knotted rope is more helpful with climbing than a regular rope. You may knot a rope by declaring you have done so.

Note also that most armor has a penalty that makes climbing more difficult, so some characters may wish to climb after stripping off their armor.

Nesori
2012-02-11, 09:16 AM
Azure sheathes his own blade and looks at the collar briefly "I have no problem trying to find its owner."He stares up at the ceiling and says "Did anyone decide to bring rope, otherwise we may be here for a bit."

Xeno55
2012-02-11, 10:07 AM
The broken walls in the eastern part of the tower are a DC 15 to climb without a rope. It is also theoretically possible to throw up the grappling hook and catch it one something, and then climb up by rope.

Vicissitudes
2012-02-11, 10:55 AM
Victor takes out his grappling hook and rope from backpack. He looks around at his fellows. "Well.. I got these.. but.. I never had to use 'em actually" then he tries to attach the hook to the rope and make some knots on it. "Hmm" - Victor pondered whether this could be enough, while looking at the resting half orc.

Should I roll a check to make sure that I did this properly?

Expl0siv0
2012-02-11, 02:20 PM
Kova put the collar away in his backpack and then joined the discussion on how to proceed. He noticed Victor's grappling hook and said, "Ah, nice tool you got there. If you need any extra rope I have some."

Thinking about their situation, Kova realized that if the grappling hook worked then he would have to climb quite a ways. "Well if this works I don't want to be climbing in all this armor."

((I'd like to start taking my armor off to climb. And I'll put on my travelers outfit unless it provides the same penalty. I suppose my backpack could hold all of that armor?))

Nestor
2012-02-11, 03:35 PM
Not sure if you all caught on, but I'm resting off the poison, so it'll take two hours. Might affect how you want to RP the next few steps.

Xeno55
2012-02-11, 09:29 PM
Victor takes out his grappling hook and rope from backpack. He looks around at his fellows. "Well.. I got these.. but.. I never had to use 'em actually" then he tries to attach the hook to the rope and make some knots on it. "Hmm" - Victor pondered whether this could be enough, while looking at the resting half orc.

Should I roll a check to make sure that I did this properly?

No roll necessary.

Xeno55
2012-02-11, 09:30 PM
Kova put the collar away in his backpack and then joined the discussion on how to proceed. He noticed Victor's grappling hook and said, "Ah, nice tool you got there. If you need any extra rope I have some."

Thinking about their situation, Kova realized that if the grappling hook worked then he would have to climb quite a ways. "Well if this works I don't want to be climbing in all this armor."

((I'd like to start taking my armor off to climb. And I'll put on my travelers outfit unless it provides the same penalty. I suppose my backpack could hold all of that armor?))

Yes, there is no penalty when wearing the travelers outfit, and consider your armor in your backpack.

Xeno55
2012-02-11, 09:31 PM
Not sure if you all caught on, but I'm resting off the poison, so it'll take two hours. Might affect how you want to RP the next few steps.

Since there is no time pressure operating I will assume two hours goes by before the party moves on. So Nestor is now done resting and may take actions.

Nestor
2012-02-11, 10:56 PM
Waking from his nap, Nestor climbs to his feet, stretches, and strides across the floor several times.

"A little rest, a little stretch, and a little jaunt," he says, "And I'm good as new."

He returns to the corner and kneels by his bedding, folding his blanket and tightly wrapping his bedroll before depositing the tight, crisp masses into his backpack.

Leaving his bag and crossbow behind, he moves toward Kova Kaveri and takes the rope from his hands. "No need to complicate things, human," he says. "I think I can handle the wall."

Nestor shoulders the coil of rope, plants a foot against the wall, and begins pulling himself up the broken eastern wall.

Climb roll.
[roll0]

Xeno55
2012-02-11, 11:06 PM
Nestor makes the climb look easy, as he ascends to the remaining floor of the second story eastern room. It is about a 15 foot climb. There is a door to the northwest and another to the southwest. Otherwise the room is featureless.

Players may continue taking actions as they like.

Expl0siv0
2012-02-11, 11:14 PM
Kova decided to show off and quipped back in Orcish at Nestor, "Gol'Kosh! Nar Mat Kordh-Ishi." He was arrogant enough to even use a slang phrase.

"Once you're up safe, then I'll know to come up." He said as he watched Nestor climb.

((I made the translation by just using random Orcish phrases found on the Internet. Then I made up my own translation. It's in the spoiler. Please only Xeno, Nestor, and Aszure read this, since they know Orcish too)):
By my axe! I only meant to help.

Expl0siv0
2012-02-11, 11:16 PM
"Well, looks like he got up there just fine." Kova thought to himself. He grabbed the rope, and started to pull his way up.

Climb: [roll0]

Nestor
2012-02-11, 11:34 PM
Nestor looks down at the rest of the party, dawdling near the dangled rope. He calls below, "Next one up, be sure to grab my equipment."

He returns his attention to the stony loft. "No doubt our fellows will keep us waiting," he says to Kova. "Might as well be proactive, though, eh? Let's poke around and see what we can find. But stay cautious, friend. I wouldn't relish another spider bite."

He shudders, and softly treads toward the northwestern door, where he listens intently for any sign of danger.

Not sure if Perception can be used actively—correct me if this is an illegal move.
Perception roll.
[roll0]

Xeno55
2012-02-11, 11:56 PM
Kova nearly falls, only making it up thanks to the rope.

proactive perception and knowledge rolls are always a good thing.

Nestor hears a faint sound of dripping water through the door.

Nesori
2012-02-12, 12:46 AM
"If I cant climb a rope then what good of a survivalist would I be..." Azure says before grabbing the rope and starts to climb up

[roll0]

Expl0siv0
2012-02-12, 12:55 AM
Kova nods in agreement with Nestor. "I will gladly help you look around. But let me dawn my equipment before we look for more trouble."

((I am putting my armor back on. After that, unless something comes up, I will ready my spear. Then, if possible, can I do a perception check?))

Perception if allowed. Also if I'm doing too much at once just give me a warning. [roll0]

Nestor
2012-02-12, 01:09 AM
Nestor grimaces as the second human mounts the wall empty-handed. He looks over the edge and calls down to the two stragglers, "If either of you deigns to join us in the near future, please bring my crossbow and pack along!"

Vicissitudes
2012-02-12, 05:25 AM
Victor goes back and takes Nestor's equipment then fits it on his back. When he came back to the wall, he looked up and asked smiling: "What you carryin' there Nes'? Stones?". He grabbed the rope and started to climb carefully watching where he puts his feet.
pleasedontfallpleasedontfall..
[roll0]

Xeno55
2012-02-12, 07:38 AM
Perception if allowed. Also if I'm doing too much at once just give me a warning. [roll0]

In PbP when not in melee I think it is best to list everything you want to do, as it can only help keep the game moving, and like you said the GM can always disallow some of the actions if there is a sneak attack or whatever.

Kova also hears the faint sound of dripping water.

Xeno55
2012-02-12, 07:42 AM
Azure and Vic join the party on the second story ledge, easternmost room.

Thrist is inactive as he has not posted for substantially over 24 hours. He will reactivate when he next posts. The party should continue to take actions without him.

Vicissitudes
2012-02-12, 09:27 AM
"I guess this is yours" - said Victor while giving back Nestor his equipment. He turns around and looks down surprised not seeing party's cleric.
"Where is Thrist.. Hmm.. Hope he didn't wander far.. "
Afterwards Victor went from one door to another and tried to guess what peril awaits behind those, while investigating for traps.

Perception door1: [roll0]
Perception door2: [roll1]

Xeno55
2012-02-12, 10:16 AM
No sign of any traps.

Nestor
2012-02-12, 11:57 AM
Nestor slips his arms under the straps of the pack and loads another bolt into his crossbow. "Thank you, friend," he says to Victor. "I'm going to scout ahead a little ways. I'll call out if I spot anything."

His crossbow at the ready, Nestor slips through the northwest door, trying his best to remain unseen and unheard.

Stealth roll.
[roll0]
And a Perception roll for once I'm through the door.
[roll1]

Xeno55
2012-02-12, 12:41 PM
Nestor silently enters the north room. There is a door on the southwest wall.

Judging from the shelves lining the walls, this darkened room
might once have been a storeroom, though its contents have
long since succumbed to the passage of time. A crack in the
northern wall has apparently let in some rainwater, which has
collected in large puddles on the floor.

Nestor notices a lizard with a pale yellow underside, with bright green scales elsewhere on its 3-foot-long body, and weighing about 25 pounds. It is stationary and is sniffing the air. It is about 15 or 20 feet away.

Expl0siv0
2012-02-12, 02:58 PM
Kova nodded in agreement with Victor, "Let's hope that cleric is alright. But he's an adult, I trust him to take care of himself. In the meantime let's scout ahead."

Once Nestor informed the others that he would scout ahead he crept up near the door that Nestor entered stealthily. Whispering, he asks if Nestor sees anything of interest in the room.

Nesori
2012-02-12, 05:19 PM
Azure creeps up along Nestor, his bow out and ready if anything notices him

Stealth Roll: [roll0]

Xeno55
2012-02-12, 05:28 PM
Nestor is in the room. Azure sneaks in to join him. Kova is out of sight right outside the door, the others are further back.

The small lizard advances towards Azure.

Initiative rolls:
Nestor[roll0]
Azure[roll1]

Lizard[roll2]
(other players are surprised and hidden behind the door.)

Azure may act, then the Lizard will act, then Nestor.

Nesori
2012-02-13, 12:09 AM
Azure fires an arrow straight at the beast

Xeno55
2012-02-13, 07:40 AM
Azure's arrow misses. An arc of crackling electrical current sparks from the lizard to Azure.

Reflex save: [roll0]

Azure takes 4 points of hit point damage.

It would have been 8 but he made his save.

All players including Azure may make moves in any order. Azure is in melee, but may take a 5' step out of melee if he wishes.

Vicissitudes
2012-02-13, 09:17 AM
When Victor hears the strange sound coming from the north room he draws his bow and turns towards the door hoping he would see the source of this noise. "What the..?!"

If lizard is in the line of sight:
Attack roll -melee: [roll0]

Xeno55
2012-02-13, 09:45 AM
Vic enters the room, fires at and misses the lizard.

Expl0siv0
2012-02-13, 10:21 AM
Kova hears the electricity in the other room and decides to barge in with his shield and spear ready.

I'd like to move in and up to the lizard if possible. If not, I want to get as close as possible. Here are the attack/damage rolls just in case:

Nestor
2012-02-13, 11:21 AM
Nestor curses softly as his companions stumble loudly into the room, defeating whatever advantage his stealth had gained them.

He brings his crossbow up to his shoulder, aims at the great lizard, and fires a bolt in his direction.

Attack roll.
[roll0]
Damage roll.
[roll1]

Immediately afterward, he casts the crossbow to the ground and unlooses the mace from his belt, readying himself for a brawl.

Hestraim
2012-02-13, 11:24 AM
Following the fight with the spider Thrist had to take a walk to clear his head. Thrist had never been so close to a spider and has now realized he has an extreme case of Arachnophobia. Several minutes later Thrist returns to the tower to see that everyone is gone but he does notice there is a rope dangling from the second story.

Thrist attempts to climb the rope hoping that he finds the rest of the party above.

[roll0]

Nestor
2012-02-13, 04:09 PM
Nestor closes on the lizard and attempts to thump it on the head with his smallish, silvery mace.

Attack roll.
[roll0]
Damage roll.
[roll1]

Xeno55
2012-02-13, 05:42 PM
Kova hears the electricity in the other room and decides to barge in with his shield and spear ready.

I'd like to move in and up to the lizard if possible. If not, I want to get as close as possible. Here are the attack/damage rolls just in case:

Kova damages the lizard.
Nestor misses with his crossbow.
Thrist successfully climbs the rope and rejoins the party.

Xeno55
2012-02-13, 05:46 PM
Nestor closes on the lizard and attempts to thump it on the head with his smallish, silvery mace.

Attack roll.
[roll0]
Damage roll.
[roll1]

Nestor may take this action after the lizard gets a move.

Azure is up, followed by the lizard.

Nesori
2012-02-13, 06:16 PM
Azure switches to hit shortsword and attempts to stab the lizard

[roll0]

Xeno55
2012-02-13, 06:22 PM
Azure hits and damages the monster.

An arc of electricity bursts from the monster striking Azure.

Reflex save:[roll0]

Azure suffers 4 more points of damage.

Nestor strikes and further damages the creature, as per post above.

Everyone else may take actions.

Expl0siv0
2012-02-13, 07:36 PM
"Time to die you ugly lizard!" Kova shouted as the lizard struck the human ranger once more. He readied his spear and made another strike towards the creature.

I forgot to add STR to my damage roll last time.

Xeno55
2012-02-13, 07:37 PM
Kova's spear fails to penetrate the beasts scaly hide.

Hestraim
2012-02-13, 09:08 PM
Thank Gorum I found you guys. Let's finish this thing.

Instead of drawing a weapon Thrist moves beside Azure without being within range of the lizard.

He also casts Cure Light Wounds on Azure.

[roll0]

Expl0siv0
2012-02-13, 09:15 PM
Kova smiles as he notices Thirst joining them by the lizard. "Nice to have you back friend" he says over the sound of armor and weapons clamoring in the damp air.

Hestraim
2012-02-13, 09:22 PM
Time is short let us be rid of this forsaken creature!

Vicissitudes
2012-02-14, 06:59 AM
Victor aims again carefully at the magical creature and releases his arrow. He drops his bow and moves behind the creature - preparing himself for next attack.

guys I'm offline for about 24h. GM you can RP as Victor for me during this time :) cheers.

Attack -melee: [roll0]

Xeno55
2012-02-14, 07:33 AM
Vic misses.

Nestor
2012-02-14, 09:41 AM
Nestor twirls his mace in hand as he closes on the creature for another assault.

Attack roll.
[roll0]
Damage roll.
[roll1]

Xeno55
2012-02-14, 11:17 AM
Nestor misses.

Azure is up, then the monster.

Nesori
2012-02-14, 05:39 PM
"Ah, Glad to have you back Thirst" Azure quickly says before stabbing at the lizard again

Attack:[roll0]

Xeno55
2012-02-14, 05:47 PM
Electricity arcs from the lizard to Azure again.

reflex: [roll0]

Azure takes 2 points of damage.

All players may take actions in any order.

Expl0siv0
2012-02-14, 06:09 PM
So I just realized I haven't been applying my bonus from the Weapon Focus feat. I get a +1 on attack rolls with spears because of it. I can't believe I forgot that.

Kova swears as the electric arc hits Azure again. He readies his spear and once again thrusts it towards the scaly hide of the lizard. He whispers a prayer as he attacks the beast, "Sarenrae, guide my weapon."

Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Xeno55
2012-02-14, 06:21 PM
Kova misses.

Two reptilian humanoid creatures enter the room from the southwest door. They move quietly, but are noticed by the party as their horrible stench fills the room.

Fortitude Save:

Nestor Lokren half orc ranger [roll0]
Azure Flint human ranger[roll1]
Victor Hakov half elf rogue[roll2]
Kova Kaveri human fighter[roll3]
Thrist ``Big Red`` Rechi human cleric[roll4]

Xeno55
2012-02-14, 06:25 PM
Azure and Thrist are sickened, and take a -2 penalty to attacks, damage, and most other actions.

Two javelins fly through the air towards Thrist.

[roll0]
[roll1]

One misses completely, the other hits just barely - inflicting 2 points of damage.

I am assuming Thrist normally carries his great sword and is unshielded, because he attacked the dogs with his greatsword without spending an action to remove the shield. Thrist may choose to have his shield strapped on or not as his default standard procedure.

Xeno55
2012-02-14, 06:35 PM
All except Kova may take actions.

Nesori
2012-02-14, 07:50 PM
Azure starts coughing up "ugh...thats foul. Azure carefully tries to make his way away from the lizards without getting hit

Full Disengage Action

Xeno55
2012-02-14, 08:41 PM
Azure successfully disengages, and may exit the room to the southeast if he wishes.

Hestraim
2012-02-14, 11:07 PM
Thrist draws his Greatsword from his sheathe.

These things hit as bad as the smell.

He then readies himself against the oncoming attacks knowing that if he can't hold out a couple of seconds his allies can join in the fray and turn the tides of battle.

Thrist chooses to use total defense which increases his dodge AC bonus by +4.

Nestor
2012-02-15, 12:18 AM
Unaffected by the noxious gas, Nestor closes on the lizard for yet another melee attack.

Attack roll.
[roll0]
Damage roll.
[roll1]

Vicissitudes
2012-02-15, 05:14 AM
Victor's palms begin to sweat when he saw next dangerous creatures entering the room. Without hesitation he drew his rapier and attacked the lizard.

Attack+flank:
Damage+trait bonus: [roll1]
Sneak attack: [roll]1d6

Vicissitudes
2012-02-15, 05:19 AM
Sneak damage: [roll0]

Xeno55
2012-02-15, 07:37 AM
Nestor misses, then Vic skewers and kills the shocker lizard.

Xeno55
2012-02-15, 07:42 AM
The reptilian humanoids advance to attack Thrist:

[roll0]
[roll1]

The attacking creatures miss.

All party members may take actions.

Expl0siv0
2012-02-15, 09:18 AM
Turning from the now dead lizard, Kova is finally able to focus on the threats that entered the room. He had not noticed them and their pungent odor until he turned to focus on them, perhaps due to his adrenaline pumping. "Oh that's horrible!"

Kova rushes in, spear at the ready, to join the fray near Thrist. He focuses on the enemies before him and prepares to unleashed a vicious strike.

If it's possible, I'd like to move up by both reptilians. I'm wanting to use Cleave but I'm not sure the enemies are close enough. If I make a successful first attack I get the second against a foe but he would have to be adjacent to the first and also within reach. So if I can move up to a spot and do that, then use this section. If not, check the other spoiler section.

Attack Roll 1: [roll0]
Damage Roll 1: [roll1]

Attack Roll 2*: [roll2]
Damage Roll 2*: [roll3]

I then take -2 AC until my next turn.

*: If successful with first

I want to use Power Attack on the closest enemy.

Attack Roll: [roll4]
Damage Roll: [roll5]

Xeno55
2012-02-15, 09:26 AM
Kova moves adjacent to both enemies, strikes and misses.

Hestraim
2012-02-15, 09:39 AM
Thrist swings at the first attacker.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Vicissitudes
2012-02-15, 09:47 AM
Victor smiled a little seeing that his rapier slain the reptile. With his recent success still in mind he swiftly moved behind the nearest enemy and struck again.

Attack+flank:[roll0]
Sneak damage: [roll1]

Nestor
2012-02-15, 09:48 AM
As the shocker lizard falls, Nestor turns on his heel and rushes at the reptilian humanoid on the left.

Bringing his mace back, he swings with all his might at the creature's torso.

Attack roll.
[roll0]
Damage roll.
[roll1]

Vicissitudes
2012-02-15, 09:51 AM
uh sorry I messed up again
Damage+trait bonus: [roll0]

Xeno55
2012-02-15, 09:52 AM
Vic and Nestor both hit. Both creatures are wounded, one very badly.

Azure is up next.

Nesori
2012-02-15, 03:24 PM
Azure moves to the lizard looking badly injured and tries to stab it

Damage: [roll]1d6

Nesori
2012-02-15, 03:27 PM
Azure moves to the lizard looking badly injured and tries to stab it

Damage: [roll]1d6

Damage
[roll0]

Xeno55
2012-02-15, 03:29 PM
Azure slays the humanoid lizard. The remaining creature runs for it, withdrawing from combat out the southwest door.

All characters may take actions.

Hestraim
2012-02-15, 03:51 PM
That was quite the fight! How is everyone doing? I may need to take a while to recover from my illness.

I am attempt to heal myself with the skill to stop the nausea
Heal [roll0]

Xeno55
2012-02-15, 04:11 PM
Thrist fails to heal his nausea. Possibly if he and Thrist exited the room to the southeast and got some fresh air they might feel better.

Vicissitudes
2012-02-15, 04:19 PM
"That lil' lizard.. a magical creature! I've never seen such thing.. " - said Victor when picking up his bow from the ground. "I have a felling, that this is not gonna get much easier.. Let's tread carefully". He clenched his bow and hid in shadows while moving to the southwest doors only to take a peek of next chamber.

Stealth (can I take 10 instead?): [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

Xeno55
2012-02-15, 04:26 PM
Stealth (can I take 10 instead?): [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

Take 10 on stealth would mean moving extremely slowly, so it wouldn't be worth it.

Vic opens and peers through the southwest door.

Racks for weapons line the walls of this chamber; above the racks
hang various shields, pieces of armor, weapons, and standards on
display. Most of the racks are empty, but a few weapons remain in
place. A horrible stench fills the room as well, akin to the smell of
rotten eggs mixed with the reek of an open sewer.

In this room there is a door on the east wall and on the southeast wall.

Nestor
2012-02-15, 04:28 PM
Nestor tucks his mace into his belt and retrieves his crossbow, loading another bolt and drawing back the winch.

"Be wary, friends," he says to the group. "We've only routed our foe; he may yet bring evil upon us."

With that, the half-orc begins creeping about the dilapidated storeroom, searching for anything of value among the battered shelving and still waters.

Perception roll.
[roll0]

Xeno55
2012-02-15, 04:38 PM
Nestor discovers nothing of value in the room.

Expl0siv0
2012-02-15, 04:57 PM
Kova cheers as the remaining lizard humanoid runs away. "You won't hide forever, coward!"

But his cheers are stopped short as Nestor brings up a valid point. "Well said, friend. I guarantee that there will be more trouble ahead of us." Looking around at his allies he notices that Azure and Thrist still seem fairly sick. "You two," he says, "Azure and...Thirst, right? Why don't you head out that door and get some fresh air. It might do you some good." He points towards the southeast door.

Kova turns to face Nestor as he rummages around the room. "Doubt you'll find much. This room seems to have been abandoned long ago..." His voice trails off as he sits on a worn piece of rubble, trying to remember if he had read about this place once before.

Knowledge(dungeoneering): [roll0]

Xeno55
2012-02-15, 05:08 PM
Kova remembers nothing relating to the room, or to what he has seen of the tower so far.

Vicissitudes
2012-02-15, 05:10 PM
After taking a look, Victor came back to his party and tried to describe the other room: "The stench there is horrible - just like from those lizardman but much worse. It's almost impossible to endure! But I've noticed few weapons on the stands.. So tempting.."

Expl0siv0
2012-02-15, 05:51 PM
"I hesitate to rush into that room right away. Let's let the others recover from that foul stench and then we can go in there strategically. Perhaps we could cover our faces with some cloth to mask the scent?"

Oh kind and merciful DM, would we be able to rip off some old fabric or something similar and use it to cover our faces? Or would this not be enough to help mask the odor?

Xeno55
2012-02-15, 05:57 PM
It is simple enough to rip up some cloth and cover one's mouth and nose - but sadly this does little to reduce the foul smell.

Nesori
2012-02-15, 06:32 PM
Azure steps out the room to get some fresh air "do any of you guys know what kind of lizard can shoot lightning?" He calls back into the room after clearing his room, then thinks about it himself.

Knowledge: Geography [roll0]
Knowledge: Nature [roll1]

Xeno55
2012-02-15, 06:36 PM
Azure recalls tales of a beast called a shocker lizard. In large groups they can combine and multiply their electrical attacks - it is a good thing the party only encountered one.

Nestor
2012-02-15, 09:13 PM
Having thoroughly searched the room, Nestor drops down to rest on his haunches.

"Even if we go in unafflicted, that smell will overwhelm us," he says, idly handling some loose debris. "If a trap's been set—if our escapee has warned his allies—we'll be at a sore disadvantage."

Nestor rubs his chin, deep in thought.

Roll to search my dungeoneering knowledge for some information about this smelly smell.
[roll0]

Or, an alternative: Could we just pinch our noses with our off-hands and rely on attacks with weapons in our primary hands?
Or could we go along with Kova's idea, but soak the fabric in water to give it a stronger cling?
Or could we roll up small balls of fabric and use them to clog our nostrils?

Xeno55
2012-02-15, 09:33 PM
Having thoroughly searched the room, Nestor drops down to rest on his haunches.

"Even if we go in unafflicted, that smell will overwhelm us," he says, idly handling some loose debris. "If a trap's been set—if our escapee has warned his allies—we'll be at a sore disadvantage."

Nestor rubs his chin, deep in thought.

Roll to search my dungeoneering knowledge for some information about this smelly smell.
[roll0]

Or, an alternative: Could we just pinch our noses with our off-hands and rely on attacks with weapons in our primary hands?
Or could we go along with Kova's idea, but soak the fabric in water to give it a stronger cling?
Or could we roll up small balls of fabric and use them to clog our nostrils?

Nestor recalls that some creatures produce a foul stench, but not which kind of creatures or what to do about it.

You are describing in a sense a kind of primitive filter type gas mask. Fabric soaked in alcohol could screen out some of the scent, creating a +2 bonus on the saving throw against the smell.

Or you could hold your nose with one hand and possibly delay the number of rounds before you must make a saving throw. Then you are of course feeding unshielded and one handed.

Or I suppose you could do both.

Thrist and Azure have recovered from feeling sick. Each player should decide what, if anything, they wish to do about the stench they will soon be facing again.

Expl0siv0
2012-02-15, 09:45 PM
Kova looks around at his companions and asks if anyone has any alcohol. "I have an idea. I remember reading about this in a survival book. I need some alcohol to pour on some rags and we can cover our face. It acts like a filter and it might just help us out. I'd gladly cut up some of my traveling clothes if we have any."

Hestraim
2012-02-16, 01:19 AM
That sounds like a good idea but who has the alcohol? I definitely cannot wield my sword singlehandedly.

Thrist prepares himself for the coming nausea. He also has his Greatsword at the ready as he waits for the rest of the party to ready themselves.

Vicissitudes
2012-02-16, 06:33 AM
Victor rips small piece of cloth and damps it in the rainwater from puddle. "Better this than nothing" - he draws his rapier and readies the cloth to hold his nose.

Xeno55
2012-02-16, 06:46 AM
Thrist will be inactive for a week, due to his player not being available. He will be controlled by the GM, hang around the back of the party and provide healing.

Expl0siv0
2012-02-16, 09:28 AM
"I guess we don't have any." But he cuts off a small piece of his Traveler's clothes and follows in Victor's steps. "You're right about that."

"Well then, are we ready for this? Does someone want to try and sneak in? Or should we lead them to the door as a choke point? Or are we more partial to the kick in the door approach?" He ties the soaked cloth around his face. Then, tapping the blunt end on of the spear down on the ground, he stands up and is ready for the next room.

I'm not sure if it will prove beneficial but I think my character would try it regardless.

Xeno55
2012-02-16, 09:41 AM
I'm not sure if it will prove beneficial but I think my character would try it regardless.

While this is not strictly rules as written, I feel that in this case the party should get some benefit for this attempt, so we will say that wet fabric adds a +1 to the saving throw.

Vicissitudes
2012-02-16, 09:48 AM
Victor pondered about sneaking into the room but even thinking about the smell made him nauseous and after a while he responded: "I vote for choke thing - we use a bait.. someone with strong lungs goes there only to lure the monsters back to this room.. but let's hope that some of this stench will stay there.."

Expl0siv0
2012-02-16, 10:14 AM
"Volunteers, anyone?" Kova chuckled. "If we can lead them near the doors my spear will prove to be quite useful. I can sit in front and stab in with the spear and try to hold them off with my shield. And if they don't take the bait I will storm in after them, I am not afraid!" Kova says with bravado, his voice slightly muffled by the soaked cloth over his nose and mouth.

I'm presuming these are wooden doors perhaps with maybe some metal supporting them. And I am currently imagining them as classic double doors, like this (https://d27fcql9yjk2c0.cloudfront.net/assets/1840960/view_large/12b45f9c9dd1846497363377402c157f.jpg?1278667504). Is that accurate?

Xeno55
2012-02-16, 10:39 AM
I'm presuming these are wooden doors perhaps with maybe some metal supporting them. And I am currently imagining them as classic double doors, like this (https://d27fcql9yjk2c0.cloudfront.net/assets/1840960/view_large/12b45f9c9dd1846497363377402c157f.jpg?1278667504). Is that accurate?

These are single doors, otherwise they are as described above.

Nesori
2012-02-16, 02:22 PM
Azure walks back in, tearing a piece of his blanket off and soaking it in water as he does."Either works for me really, but we need to be careful about the lizards, the ones that shoot lightning can gather around and combine their attack. I've been hit by lighting a couple times today and Don't want to feel what its like to get hit by a channeled one" he wraps the torn cloth around his mouth and nose for anything if just the relief of the smell briefly

Vicissitudes
2012-02-16, 03:19 PM
Victor looks around his party and seeing that nobody is willing to play the part of bait he mumbles to himself "oh this is gonna hurt", then speaks to the rest "ok guys, I'm gonna stay in shadows and enter that room.. if I see something I will retreat 'loudly'" back to this chamber.. And let's hope you guys will be prepared..". Then he adds "and if you hear something strange - I hope to see you there". And he did just as he said.

Stealth: [roll0]

Expl0siv0
2012-02-16, 03:31 PM
"You're quite brave. You said your name is Victor right? Thank you, Victor. If you see something you should retreat loudly like you said. I will be ready just outside the door with my spear."

If possible I'd like to take a readied action on one side of the door. When an enemy runs through I want to stab it with my spear. I'm pretty sure I can use a readied action in this manner.

Xeno55
2012-02-16, 03:35 PM
If possible I'd like to take a readied action on one side of the door. When an enemy runs through I want to stab it with my spear. I'm pretty sure I can use a readied action in this manner.

Logically you should be able to, but not according to the rules. You may only ready an action once combat has started. You can stand by the door in such a way that a pursuing enemy will provoke an attack of opportunity, however.

Xeno55
2012-02-16, 03:38 PM
Victor sneaks into the room. It is as was described earlier. He successfully holds his breath for one round. There is no sign of any enemy creatures.

Expl0siv0
2012-02-16, 03:41 PM
Okay, that's fine by me. I will position myself by the door with my spear ready in my hand. If they come through I will be ready for my attack of opportunity.

As Kova moves near the door he grazes his hand of the handle of his spear. His thumbs run over two words that have been etched into it as he says something quietly to himself. He then glances at the door and prepares himself for a possible attack. "Let's do this."

Vicissitudes
2012-02-16, 03:48 PM
Victor holds his breath struggling to stay in shadows.. He decides to leave them to see the result of such action and preparing himself for run to the doors.

Xeno55
2012-02-16, 03:56 PM
Vic continues to successfully hold his breath. He comes out of hiding, makes a little noise, makes himself obvious - and there is no reaction, no sign of hidden creatures taking the opportunity to attack him.

Vicissitudes
2012-02-16, 04:18 PM
Slightly annoyed he runs back to his party to tell them about unexpected situation.. Guys there is ... nothing there..

Expl0siv0
2012-02-16, 04:25 PM
"Seriously? Hm...even the peace and quiet in this place makes me nervous. Well, did you see anything worthwhile in there like armor, weapons, or coin?"

Vicissitudes
2012-02-16, 04:29 PM
Just a few old weapons on racks.. You know I tried not to breathe there, right?

He waits until his breath returns to normal pace, and adds: "Maybe we should just go around this room or quickly run through it.."

Expl0siv0
2012-02-17, 11:42 PM
"Yes. Let's look for a way around first and if we have no other choice we'll run straight through."

Could you remind me of the room layout DM?

Xeno55
2012-02-18, 07:05 AM
Could you remind me of the room layout DM?

The party climbed up to the east room, with doors to the northwest and southwest. They went northwest to the lizard room, which is the north room. There is a door to the southwest, leading into the west room. This room has doors in the southeast and the east walls. The party has not explored the southern room.

Each room is an octagon, except for the middle room which is square and at ground level contained a spiral staircase blocked by rubble.

Vicissitudes
2012-02-18, 08:30 AM
While team is wondering what to do, Victor goes back to the eastern room to inspect the air in the southern room. As silently as possible he opens the door to take a quick glimpse of what is inside, ready to run away.

Xeno55
2012-02-18, 08:43 AM
This octagonal room is covered in a fine layer of dust. It’s
clearly been abandoned for a long time. There is a door in the
northwest wall. The air is breathable, with only a hint of stench.

Vicissitudes
2012-02-18, 09:04 AM
Seeing that room is uninhabited Victor decides while staying in shadows to move inside and see if there is something interesting among the dust.

Perception: [roll0]

Xeno55
2012-02-18, 09:08 AM
A careful search reveals nothing of interest within the room.

Vicissitudes
2012-02-18, 09:28 AM
After futile search Victor goes back to his group and shares his recent findings: "Well, the southern room is empty and really dusty - no sign of any smelly beasts... So the only way to go now is through the door inside the foul smelling storage.."
He adds after a short pause - ".. and I'm not going in first this time"

Expl0siv0
2012-02-18, 01:28 PM
Kova points his spear towards the door and raises his shield. "I'll go first. Let's get this over with." And he starts leading the group through the stench filled room.

Xeno55
2012-02-18, 01:32 PM
Kova leads the group into the Stench!

Racks for weapons line the walls of this chamber; above the racks
hang various shields, pieces of armor, weapons, and standards on
display. Most of the racks are empty, but a few weapons remain in
place. A horrible stench fills the room as well, akin to the smell of
rotten eggs mixed with the reek of an open sewer.

There is a door to the east and a door to the southeast.

Characters are either using one hand to hold their nose, or need to make a fortitude check against the smell.

Vicissitudes
2012-02-18, 03:11 PM
Vic follows Kova, while holding his nose as tight as possible and wielding his rapier in the other hand. He takes a look at the weapon stands trying to see if they could be useful...

Perception: [roll0]

Xeno55
2012-02-18, 03:19 PM
It is nearly all junk, but you do find:

a masterwork silver dagger,

a masterwork light steel shield emblazoned with a leaping dolphin,

and a banner depicting a bird made of living flame.

Expl0siv0
2012-02-18, 03:21 PM
Kova coughed as he entered the room. His cloth mask was not able to fully overcome the powerful odor in the room but it helped a bit. Trying not to show weakness he kept his spear and shield at the ready and refused to pinch his nose. He starts heading towards the southeastern door.

Adding in the +4 of my total and the +1 from the mask which I'm still wearing.

Fortitude Check: [roll0]

Xeno55
2012-02-18, 03:28 PM
Kova saves against the stench and does not become sick. He is next to the southeastern door.

Nesori
2012-02-18, 07:55 PM
Azure follows the group coughing, relying on his natural ability to hold back the sickness so he can use his bow

Fort Save: [roll0]

Xeno55
2012-02-18, 10:21 PM
Azure is not sick.

Vicissitudes
2012-02-19, 03:11 AM
After noticing the most valuable objects between weapons, Victor points them out to the party, trying to be audible while holding his nose: "Mhy backpack iz phetty much fhull, but mahbe you ghot some fhree space? This dhagger and shield lhook.. worthwhile"

Expl0siv0
2012-02-19, 03:49 PM
Kova looks at the equipment. "Yes, I like that shield very much." He looks down at his own shield and decides in an instant that this new shield would suit him better. "Anyone have problems with this?" And with that he throws off his old shield, walks over to the new one, and picks it up. After dawning the shield he heads back to the southeastern door and stands next to it. "Tell me when we're ready to head in. Let's be quick about it."

Getting "in" and "out" of a shield is 1 move action a piece so I figure we wouldn't be hanging around in the smell too long. But if you want me to make another fort save here it is just in case:

[roll0]

Also, myth-weavers is down for me but this shield changes my AC to 18 and my check penalty is now 0.

Vicissitudes
2012-02-19, 04:37 PM
Victor smiles politely seeing that Kova is going to use shield "Ihf you whon't like it I'm shure we coulhd sellh it for some nhice gold.." Being afraid that the same thing may happen to the silver dagger Victor sheaves his rapier and reaches for the dagger placing it behind his belt. "I'm ghonna thake care of this then.. for our phrofit"

He looks again at Kova and adds after a while: "Khova I whas alreadhy in that rhoom , nothing ther but a phat lhayer of dusth". Victor again readies his rapier and stands in front of the eastern doors"

Expl0siv0
2012-02-19, 06:49 PM
"Ah, yes. I think this smell is starting to get to me. Let's head to the east then." He joins Vic at the eastern door.

Xeno55
2012-02-19, 07:03 PM
The eastern door opens to a 5' wide spiral staircase. The way down is blocked with rubble, but the way up is passable.

This leaves the party with essentially 2 options for further exploration. One is to move up the staircase, single file. The other is to go back to the eastern room, and climb up to the next level, the same as was originally done to reach this level.

Expl0siv0
2012-02-19, 07:38 PM
Kova face his friends and says, "I think we should head up the stairs. I can lead the way." He grins as his readies his trust spear.

Xeno55
2012-02-19, 07:48 PM
Kova will lead, who will be second, third and fourth?

Vicissitudes
2012-02-20, 06:06 AM
I would like to be the 4th.

Nesori
2012-02-20, 11:30 AM
Azure will follow behind, hoping his friend will be able to hold off the enemies long enough for him to get a good shot into an enemy if need be

Xeno55
2012-02-20, 02:04 PM
Nestor hasn't posted for five days, his character is inactive. Thrist is temporarily run by the GM, he will follow the party.

The way up the staircase is led by Kova, followed by Azure, then Vic, then Thrist.

The party ascends roughly 20', there is a door on the west wall, or the party may continue climbing up.

Expl0siv0
2012-02-20, 03:27 PM
"Hold on guys! There is a room door here." Kova whispers to the others. "I would ask you to open this Victor but I don't know if you can squeeze up here." Visibly frustrated, Kova decides to try and slowly open the door. "Here goes nothing."

Because Vic cannot squeeze past to get near the door (we can only walk in single file is why I'm presuming this) I will try to open the door quietly. I picked up the new shield which reduced my armor check penalty to -2 instead of -4. I think I said earlier that my check penalty was gone but I misspoke.

Nestor
2012-02-20, 04:11 PM
Footfalls resound through the stairwell as Nestor bounds over the first flight of stone steps. He nearly loses his balance as he skids to a halt, rejoining the party.

Sorry. I went out of town and discovered too late that the hotel charged for Internet access.

Xeno55
2012-02-20, 04:14 PM
Because Vic cannot squeeze past to get near the door (we can only walk in single file is why I'm presuming this) I will try to open the door quietly. I picked up the new shield which reduced my armor check penalty to -2 instead of -4. I think I said earlier that my check penalty was gone but I misspoke.

Pathfinder assumes each character occupies a 5' square. However it is possible to move through another friendly character, so you and Victor could have switched places - although then he would be in front when the door opened.

Xeno55
2012-02-20, 04:18 PM
The door is locked!

Either someone with disable device must try to pick the lock, or the party may go up or down the staircase. Or the party may attempt to break the door down, which would be time consuming and very loud.

Xeno55
2012-02-20, 04:19 PM
Footfalls resound through the stairwell as Nestor bounds over the first flight of stone steps. He nearly loses his balance as he skids to a halt, rejoining the party.

Welcome back! You have the third space in the marching order, if that is acceptable to you.

Expl0siv0
2012-02-20, 04:50 PM
"Damn thing is locked. Victor, can you move on up here and unlock this? I have no idea how. Here, I'll make room for you."

Vicissitudes
2012-02-20, 05:23 PM
"Oh yes.. I think I do have some experience in this kind of situations" says Victor while squeezing past his party. He sheaves his sword and takes out thieves' tools from his backpack. "Hmm.. let's give it a shot.."

Disable device: [roll0]

Xeno55
2012-02-20, 05:43 PM
Vic fails to unlock the door.

You may if you wish take 10 or take 20.

Vicissitudes
2012-02-20, 05:58 PM
After failed attempt Victor smiles nervously at his fellows - "just give me a minute.. or two.."

Taking 20..

Xeno55
2012-02-20, 06:33 PM
The lock clicks open. There is no sign of a trap. One solid push should be enough to open the door....

Expl0siv0
2012-02-20, 06:53 PM
Kova pats Vic on the back as he struggles with the lock. "No rush, don't worry about it."

As the lock clicks open Kova tells Vic to back up. "I will take the lead on this one." Once he is out of the way Kova readies his shield and pushes the door open and enters the room, choosing to forgo the stealthy route.

Sorry about not color coding my character. My browser is all kinds of messed up so I will reinstall it. That should fix the issue I'm having.

Xeno55
2012-02-20, 07:53 PM
Two stone altars, one black and one white, sit at either end of
this large chamber, which takes up two wings of the tower on
this level. (The west and south areas are one large room)
The crumbling remains of wooden benches sag in
front of each altar beneath rotting ceiling tapestries. Carved
symbols and writings snake along the walls. The burnt corpses
of two troglodytes lie on the floor in the center of the room.

Creatures: Two humanoid skeletons, wreathed in auras
of eternal flame, inhabit this room. They defend the
temple from any intruders; their jaws open in soundless
screams as they raise their weapons and attack.

Initiative (Since myth-weaver is down I am giving you a party initiative of +4, which at least three of you have as individual initiative anyway.)

Party[roll0]

Skeletons[roll1]

Xeno55
2012-02-20, 07:59 PM
There is no stench in this room. Apparently it has been sealed off from the staircase for some time.

The skeletons strike:

Good idea putting up the shield, ac 18 could be helpful here.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Kova is hit for 6 points of damage, and 6 points of fire damage. He is still standing, with 1 point!

Players may take actions. Two players may push past Kova and melee the skeletons without a problem. A third player would be hit with an attack of opportunity. I will play Thrist after everyone else has moved.

Expl0siv0
2012-02-20, 08:03 PM
Here is a link to my sheet via Google cache: http://tinyurl.com/7x3aqjr

My AC would be 18 right now so it looks like 1 hit 1 miss?

Xeno55
2012-02-20, 08:08 PM
Here is a link to my sheet via Google cache: http://tinyurl.com/7x3aqjr

My AC would be 18 right now so it looks like 1 hit 1 miss?

Yes 1 hit, 1 miss, and 1 fiery aura from being next to the things. How do you make google cache work?

Expl0siv0
2012-02-20, 08:16 PM
Yes 1 hit, 1 miss, and 1 fiery aura from being next to the things. How do you make google cache work?

You can google for your sheet and if it's public it shows up. For example type "kova mythweavers" and should be one of the top links should be my sheet. Now, you should be able to hold your mouse over the link or next to it and get a little info pane that pops up. There should be an option on there for Google cache. I can't get it to replicate right now on my comp because my browser is still iffy

Vicissitudes
2012-02-21, 08:36 AM
Successfully picking the lock was a nice moment for Victor, but as soon as that door opened it immediately turned into much worse felling - he grabbed his bow with an arrow, aimed and shoot at the nearest flaming skeleton.

I hope this attack is ok here.
attack -melee: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

Vicissitudes
2012-02-21, 08:39 AM
possible critic: [roll0]
dmg: [roll1]

Expl0siv0
2012-02-21, 09:10 AM
Kova screamed in agony as the skeletons struck him and his body lit aflame. He buckled back in pain but quickly regained focus. He gave a menacing grin towards the creatures and then he suddenly leaped forward and attacked the closest skeleton with his spear.

I'm going to use Power Attack to take a -1 on melee rolls to gain +2 damage.

Attack roll:[roll0] (This is +5 normally. That's +4 from BAB and +1 from Weapon Focus.)

Damage roll: [roll1] (+3 STR then +2 from PA)

Nestor
2012-02-21, 10:21 AM
Still standing in the door frame, Nestor aims at the skeleton nearest Victor and launches a bolt into the fiery scuffle.

Attack roll.
[roll0]
Damage roll.
[roll1]

As the bolt hurdles toward its mark, the ranger slips out of the room, taking cover in the stairwell.

Xeno55
2012-02-21, 11:53 AM
Vic and Kova hit, Nestor misses. Vic's hit seems to do no damage, Kova's seems to do much less than it should.

Azure is up.

Many monsters in Pathfinder have damage resistance, soaking up a certain amount of damage each hit except against one specific damage type. For example DR/5 Blunt would mean 5 points of damage resistance to non-blunt weapons, which would be consistent with what is happening here.

Expl0siv0
2012-02-21, 02:50 PM
Kova cried out as his spear seemed to barely scratch the skeletons. "Damnit! I'm going to need your help, cleric. I feel like I'm about to pass out." Kova was obviously having difficulty standing after his missed attack. His shield was up and facing the skeletons but he was obviously injured.

Nesori
2012-02-21, 04:31 PM
Azure puts an arrow on his bow and fires at the closest skeleton from him

Xeno55
2012-02-21, 05:29 PM
Azure's arrow misses.

Thrist, hearing Kova's cry, provides a cure light wound.

[roll0]

Xeno55
2012-02-21, 05:32 PM
Kova stands heroically alone against the flaming skeletons. They attack:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Despite his armor brave Kova is hit again, taking a total of 10 points of damage. He is down, burning, and dieing.

Kova may attempt a stabilization roll. Other players may taken actions as they wish.

Expl0siv0
2012-02-21, 05:49 PM
After his valiant effort, Kova started to attack again but was stopped short by the flaming zombies. As they viciously struck him he started to fall down, his vision going black. He fell to the ground, his armor clanking loudly, and he lay unconscious on the ground.

I believe it's a 1d20 minus my negative HP which should be 5, I think. So...

[roll0]

Xeno55
2012-02-21, 05:58 PM
I believe it's a 1d20 minus my negative HP which should be 5, I think. So...

[roll0]

You also add your constitution bonus, but you still fail. Minus one hit point and try again next round, unless Thrist heals you again which would automatically stop the bleeding. Of course as currently positioned you are within the aura of fire adjacent to the skeletons, which would likely kill you in one to three rounds or so.

Vicissitudes
2012-02-21, 06:12 PM
Despite seeing that his previous shot made no damage to skeleton's flaming bones, Victor draw another arrow and fired once again.

Seeing that this method of fighting is futile, he dropped his bow and readied his rapier for imminent attack - "I hope you guys know some other ways of fighting these undead..."

Mace! I knew I should have bought one...

Xeno55
2012-02-21, 06:15 PM
The arrow hits but does not seem to inflict any damage.

Azure and Nestor are up.

Nesori
2012-02-22, 07:08 PM
Azure sets another arrow onto his bow and fires at the skeleton he fired at before. Then switches to his shortsword to prepare for melee

Xeno55
2012-02-22, 07:32 PM
The arrow inflicts no damage.

Nestor
2012-02-22, 11:14 PM
Nestor casts down his crossbow, rushes into the room, and kneels beside Kova. Trying his hardest to avoid the fiery auras emanating from his undead attackers, the half-orc scoops up the dying fighter and begins trudging toward the door.

Nestor looks down at his companion. "Let's get you out of here, eh, buddy?," he chokes out. Now facing the exit, he shouts, "Get ready on that door, human!"

Xeno55
2012-02-22, 11:45 PM
Nestor grabs Kova and moves into the stairs, triggering attacks of opportunity from the skeletons.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Nestor is missed, and is in the aura of fire so briefly as to avoid fire damage - taking no damage at all this round.

Thrist retreats down the stairs and converts air bubble to cure light wounds.

Xeno55
2012-02-22, 11:50 PM
[roll0]

Kova receives some healing.

The door to the skeleton room slams shut.

Party members are all in the stairwell, and may take actions as they like.

Expl0siv0
2012-02-23, 08:50 AM
I'm at 2 so I start to wake up.

Kova blinks slowly and his eyes take a minute to adjust. Through his blurry vision he sees his comrades around him but they're no longer around the skeletons. Instead they're back in the stairwell, just outside of the door to the skeleton room.

"Wha...What happened? Did I really get my ass kicked by a bunch of skeletons?" Kova mutters as he sits up, rubbing his head. Looking up at his friends he says, "Did you guys kill them?"

Vicissitudes
2012-02-23, 12:29 PM
Victor listens at the door trying to figure out if the party is in danger.

Perception check: [roll0]

He looks back at Kova and says with his voice still frightened: "No.. they are still there - I guess you owe Nestor a big one.. you were this close to turn into dust"

Xeno55
2012-02-23, 12:48 PM
Victor hears nothing beyond the door.