PDA

View Full Version : Realms of Firewater(IC)

bloodtide
2012-02-07, 01:08 PM
The OOC thread is here: OCC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231798)

OOC:
Each of you arrive at about the same time. Please introduce yourselves. Please post speech in " " and in another color other than black.

Map:
http://www.candlekeep.com/images/sitegfx/mt_thay.jpg

You each find yourselves wandering alone across the rolling grassy hills of Thazalhar in southeastern Thay. The morning is clear and cloudless, with the sun just starting to warm up the land.

When suddenly a loud 'crack', much like thunder(though the sky is clear) rolls through the area. Then off in the distance, a massive pillar of fire forms, stretching from the ground to the sky and up out of sight.

RaggedAngel
2012-02-07, 09:28 PM
Perelia stands stock-still as she watches the massive pillar of flame rise up into the sky, her quick mind running through force and heat equations, trying to determine the physical energy and magical equipotentials required to conjure up such a blast.

She stops calculating when she reaches seven orders of magnitude above what she can currently channel, and the tips of her ears grow chilled. "Circle magic," she murmurs, thinking of the direction of the blast and trying to recall if any noted red mages lived in the region. She's so caught up in her thoughts, in fact, that she fails to notice the proximity of a three others until several moments after the explosion. Still focused on her memories and thoughts, she says nothing to the newcomers, deciding instead to let them say the first words; a wizard rarely makes a fool of themselves by saying nothing at all.

Knowledge checks!

Arcana: [roll0]
History: [roll1]
Local: [roll2]

Falconknight06
2012-02-07, 09:56 PM
"By the gods what was that all about?!" a young halfling male will say, oblivious to the other three around, though he does note the rather statuesque elven woman watching the fire. Now that I think about it, most of the people I see I think are statuesque he thinks to himself, still fixed on the fire.

"So, any idea what that might be?" the halfling will call out. He stands a smidge under four feet tall, and wears an eyepatch over his left eye. His clothing is the color of the open sea, and his armor is a dark brown, with steel rivets strategically placed throughout. He wears a small cutlass at his side, and a pack on his back.

Adamant Sunrise
2012-02-07, 10:33 PM
A small, golden-hued fox recovers slowly from the shock of the sudden explosion of sound, its heart still pounding in its chest and its adrenaline racing as it watches the column of flame spiraling into the clear sky. Almost as an afterthought, it glances back to notice that its meal has taken wing. The small thrush it was about to pounce has fluttered into the air, startled by the booming sound that rocked the sky. Turning forward again in frustration, its eyes focus on a pair of humanoids conversing nearby, prompting it to settle instinctively into a low crouch to observe them. Keen ears pin forward, straining to pick up their voices, as if the animal was capable of understanding their language.

Knowledge (arcana): [roll0]
Knowledge (local): [roll1]
Knowledge (history): [roll2]

bloodtide
2012-02-07, 11:17 PM
Perelia

*Arcana:Offhand you can't recall any such spell that might create a 'pillar of fire'. Though it goes without saying (almost) that Red Wizards (and even most southern spellcasters) use and create new fire spells all the time that are unknown to the world at large. The size of the pillar of fire indicates a high level spell effect to take up so much area. And that could very well be circle magic or possibly a single very high level spellcaster.

*History:A massive pillar of fire does not appear in detail in any history you recall. Though the sheer size of the magic effect certainly recalls the classic 'long, lost magic of the ancient days of the past'.

*Local:Much of the area around, the grassy rolling hills of Thazalhar, is free from the overt and direct touch of the Red Wizards. None live publicly in this region, at least not until you move closer to the River Thazarim.

bloodtide
2012-02-07, 11:22 PM
Kiye

*Knowledge (arcana):You'd guess that huge pillars of fire are not natural and must be some form of magic :smallwink:

*Knowledge (local):You don't recall much about the area other then your in a nation called ''They''.

*Knowledge (history):A massive pillar of fire does not appear in detail in any history you recall.

RaggedAngel
2012-02-07, 11:44 PM
Perelia raises her brow at the comment, but she takes only a moment to reply in kind. "I have many ideas what that might have been, but I cannot tell you which is the correct one. That said, such an explosion is rare enough to warrant investigation, if from a safe distance. Do you know anything about what just occurred?" Her voice is quick and light, and her words have a distinct accent to them, though what kind of accent is difficult to say, as if she speaks many languages with equal proficiency.

Falconknight06
2012-02-07, 11:50 PM
No idea the Halfling will say. Oh, where are my manners. My name is Markas Silvershaper he will say in near flawless elven, and he bows.

Hazuki
2012-02-08, 08:34 AM
Ezra stands to a halt as she hears the cracking thunder, golden eyes turning to their direction of the immensely loud sound. Her hand quickly rises to the dark hood of her cloak, that hangs a shadow over her ghostly pale face as she stands facing the pillar. She keeps her lips still as she watches.

The elf's ears twitch as she hears the conversation beside her, one eye watching the pillar of fire in the distance. These people had somehow gotten close to her without her notice, but they seemed passive enough. The fire was a curiosity, but there didn't seem to be any destruction yet. Perhaps she should head in the direction of it; the Red Wizards had a solid reportoire of knowledge.

She stays quiet, her silky black cloak laced with gossamer covering her thin and frail form completely, only black gloves and her face visible. Perhaps she could offer something to this conversation. She stretches a hand beside her, muttering words of the arcane in a quiet melodic voice, letting the energy run through her.

Casting Improvisation.

Bardic Knowledge: [roll0]
Knowledge: The Planes: [roll1]

6 luck points left.

Adamant Sunrise
2012-02-08, 11:56 AM
Kiye relaxes a bit, having decided - based on the parts of their conversation he could understand - that the strangers seemed innocent enough. Trotting down to the gathering, he seats himself about twenty feet from the humanoids and studies each of them curiously. Aside from his healing belt, which has melded itself into a collar and is partially hidden under his fur, the Hengeyokai bears no outward indication of being anything other than one of the ordinary steppe foxes one encounters in the eastern lands.

bloodtide
2012-02-08, 03:04 PM
Ezra

*Bardic Knowledge:The massive pillar of fire does not have any direct lore that you can think of, even more so a pillar of this size. It does fit in with the general stories that Red Wizards(and other southern spellcasters) do like fire based magic.
*Knowledge: The Planes:The size of the effect looks as if it might be an Elemental Vortex to the Plane of Fire. Normally they only from naturally in places of great heat such as volcanoes. For one to form on the grassy hills must have taken powerful magic. There is also the possibility that the effect is a broken and leaking portal.

Hazuki
2012-02-08, 03:57 PM
"It could be an elemental vortex to the plane of fire, but that would take a powerful amount of magic, such as that the Red Wizards possess." The bard finally speaks up, each word melodic in its own way. "Or a portal that has broken and is now leaking the energies of the plane of fire. Though I admit my mind is not as clear as it can be at the moment."

Falconknight06
2012-02-08, 06:31 PM
Neither of those sound pleasant at all Markas will say, adjusting his dark green cloak to better cover his shoulders. He turns to the golden-eyed elf and says you seem the curious sort. What say we go see what sort of insanity is over there. As he says this, Markas gets an adventurous glint in his eye, and a small smile on his face

RaggedAngel
2012-02-09, 12:25 AM
Perelia nods in assent as the other elf speaks; she hadn't considered a portal or gateway herself, and it was a good thought. Perelia gives the other elf a once over, and though she was dressed as in in mourning Perelia couldn't help but smile; it had been too long since she had met such a lovely member of her kind.

"My name is Perelia, Markas; it is good to make your acquaintance. I don't think an overly close exploration of this phenomenon would be wise, but a short journey towards it will not offset any of my plans." She quirks an eyebrow at the other elf, curious, and she gives a gesture of respectful greeting. "And what may I call you? I would hate to meet another elf with knowledge of many things and not be able to properly address her."

Adamant Sunrise
2012-02-09, 12:57 AM
Kiye's gaze passes unavailingly from one talking humanoid to the next for a few moments until he gives a soft exhalation of defeat, his ears lowered in frustration at his inability to comprehend their language: Elvish, a tongue of which he had absorbed but a few scant snippets during his time with the clerics of Mielikki. The vulpine's maw splits open to release a huge yawn and the animal settles down lazily onto his stomach, resting his chin on his forelegs. Unbeknownst to any observers, the tiny holy symbol buried in the fluff under his throat glimmers and shines.

Precautionary casting of Detect Evil.

Hazuki
2012-02-09, 08:51 AM
Ezra's mind wanders briefly at the words of the two other humanoids that were present; her eyes settling on a curious little animal sitting nearby. "It is on the way to people I would like to see..." The elf ponders out loud, her gaze drawn back to Perelia, the other elf present. A substantial improvement over her last elven company.

"You may call me Ezra." She introduces herself, curtseying low, as she discreetly pulls the sleeve of her glove taughter on her right arm. "And it would be a privilege to have company on the road." Ezra finishes, turning her gaze back to the pillar.

Knowledge (Nature) on Kiye :smalltongue: :[roll0]

Adamant Sunrise
2012-02-09, 11:14 AM
Satisfied that none of the three bear an evil nature, the fox stretches and walks up to the closest, whom he had heard speaking in Common a short time ago. He sits at Perelia's feet and looks up at her. "Pardon me, my lady, but did I overhear you planning to investigate that phenomenon?" He speaks in Common, in a voice that is young but slow and measured, as one unaccustomed to casual speech, who must take time to consider his words.

bloodtide
2012-02-09, 12:11 PM
Kiye
None of them glow when you cast detect evil(obviously)

bloodtide
2012-02-09, 12:12 PM
Ezra
The fox certainly looks exactly like a normal fox animal. But it is sure not acting like a natural creature of animal intelligence and instincts. It could very well be a shapeshifted creature, a druid in a wildshape or even an awaken animal.

bloodtide
2012-02-09, 09:58 PM
In the distince the pillar of fire pluses several times, sending red flashes of light across the sky. You notice that the air feels much warmer, much like the air from a camp fire.

Hazuki
2012-02-09, 10:11 PM
"Hm." Ezra says quietly to herself, as her cloak shifts in the air and disappears just as quickly, letting her hair scatter across her shoulder but leaving her in her dress. "Does anyone know a spell to protect us from extreme temperatures? If not, I suggest we find some water or start moving away. Quickly."

Falconknight06
2012-02-09, 10:27 PM
Realizing the fox can talk, but waiting to question that for a bit, Markas says in Common now "I hadn't noticed, but my necklace tends to keep me from feeling the effects of extreme weather. I had noticed the pillar getting much larger though, so I agree, perhaps we should adjourn somewhere away from the giant death tornado"

bloodtide
2012-02-09, 11:11 PM
Another loud 'crack' is heard across the sky and the pillar of fire dims slightly. Then a cool wind blows from it's direction scattering the hot air. The wind carries the sounds of brief screams, small boobs and metallic thuds.

Adamant Sunrise
2012-02-10, 12:23 AM
Kiye looks up to the other elf when she speaks, and then to the halfling. "Where would you have us go?" His voice carries a rasping inflection, as if each word spoken were only one step above a quiet growl. He cringes at the sound of the distant screams and casts his gaze back toward the inferno.

Hazuki
2012-02-10, 07:33 AM
"Why in the name of Chronepsis did I just think of boobs..." Ezra mutters under her breath before looking to the fox again. "I imagine the screaming and other things is a sign of somebody doing something to battle this. I'd suggest some form of watery cover, like the cave behind a waterfall. Do you know of any such place, Mr. Fox?"

Adamant Sunrise
2012-02-10, 11:25 AM
The small animal focuses himself for a moment and draws a forepaw through the air in a divine mudra, faint traces of celestial essence leaking from behind his closed eyelids.

Casting Lore of the Gods to determine an answer to the question.

Knowledge (Geography): [roll0]
Knowledge (Thay): [roll1]

bloodtide
2012-02-10, 12:40 PM
Kiye

*Knowledge (Geography):This land is dry and rocky, but fed with water from the mountains to the east, so waterfalls are possible.

*Knowledge (Thay):As Thazalhar gets quite rocky in many places, there are several spots where rivers create waterfalls. The closest waterfall is a small stream that falls into a canyon a bit to the north, just past where the pillar of fire is. The next closest is t the east a couple miles.

Adamant Sunrise
2012-02-10, 01:21 PM
The fox opens his eyes, still glimmering a bit with divine energy. "The closest cave like that is on the other side of the fire-column, my lady. The next closest is about half an hour in that direction." He points. "I can show you, if you like." His tone seems a little uncertain. The screams of the dying tug at his conscience, but perhaps guiding three travelers to safety is the best that he could hope to do anyway, under the circumstances.

Falconknight06
2012-02-10, 01:21 PM
My vote is trying to find the cave away from the fire pillar, though I wouldn't mind trying to find out what is causing it, and who is, or was, screaming Markas will say with a grim look. His days on a ship had taught him that you can't save everybody, but if you could and didn't, that stays with you. He could still remember the screams of the fight with the authorities when they captured the ship. A tear runs quietly from his right eye.

Adamant Sunrise
2012-02-10, 02:53 PM
While awaiting a decision, Kiye probes the remnants of his fading connection with omniscience to see if there's anything it can tell him about the phenomenon itself, unaware of what has already been spoken of it in Elven.

As applicable, still adding 5 from Lore of the Gods:

Knowledge (the planes): [roll0]
Knowledge (arcana): [roll1]
Knowledge (religion) [roll2]

bloodtide
2012-02-10, 03:13 PM
Kiye

*Knowledge (the planes):The size of the effect looks as if it might be an Elemental Vortex to the Elemental Plane of Fire. Normally they only from naturally in places of great heat such as volcanoes. For one to form on the grassy hills must have taken powerful magic. There is also the possibility that the effect is a broken and leaking portal.
*Knowledge (arcana):The size and effect of the pillar of fire point to powerful magic. It would take a high level spell effect to created such a pillar. Pyrotechnics is a common spell, but it would take great power and metamagic to use it to such an effect of this size. The spell gate could open a portal to the elemental plane of fire.
*Knowledge (religion)A pillar of fire does not have any direct religious effect that you know of. It could be Kossuth, The Lord of Flames, as it's said any significant blaze is viewed as a manifestation of the Firelord by his faithful. The largest temple to Kossuth in Faerûn is the Flaming Brazier in Bezantur in Thay, home to the Red Wizards, who have much respect for the god.

Hazuki
2012-02-11, 06:49 PM
"Very well; let's see who is screaming." Ezra announces to the people present, turning on the heel of her boot and beginning a swift walk in the direction of the pillar, eyes sharp and watching the area around her, while she utters arcane words, prepared to cast a spell at any sign of danger.

Falconknight06
2012-02-11, 09:23 PM
Markas will try his best to keep up with the long-legged elves, his cutlass drawn so he will be ready if attacked

Adamant Sunrise
2012-02-12, 12:33 AM
Although a bit surprised, the small animal quickly turns and bounds after Ezra, keeping up at a light trot. Along the way, he informs the others of what the gods have shared with him regarding the vortex and its possible connection with Kossuth - and quietly observes the halfling, whose tear had not gone unnoticed.

bloodtide
2012-02-12, 01:09 AM
The land rises a bit as you move towards the pillar of fire. After a couple minutes of movement you can see the base of the pillar of fire in the distance, at the bottom of a long rocky slope downward.

The pillar of fire itself looks to be coming directly out of the ground, with no source. Though you can feel the heat from the fire, it does not seem to be burning or melting the nearby ground.

Moving about the area around the pillar of fire you can see several small humanoid figures all wrapped up in cloaks, fighting large red scaled creatures with the torsos of humanoids, but the lower bodies of serpents. Many of the small humanoid bodies already lay on the ground, most of them still on fire. There are only three small humanoids left standing and eight of the red scaled ones. There are no red scaled ones on the ground.

The small slope your on top off does provide a bit of cover as long as you stay down. The pillar of fire and the battle is 200 feet away from where you now stand.

RaggedAngel
2012-02-12, 06:34 PM
Knowledge The Planes: [roll0]

bloodtide
2012-02-12, 08:31 PM
Perelia
The creatures sure look like Salamanders, the fiery serpent men. Though you don't recall much about them.

Adamant Sunrise
2012-02-13, 05:10 PM
Kiye drops low to the ground, inching forward to try and get a better look at the combatants. ""Do you recognize them?" he murmurs.

Falconknight06
2012-02-13, 10:48 PM
I've no idea what they are, but I don't want to deal with them Markas will say to the fox.

RaggedAngel
2012-02-13, 11:09 PM
Let's try this again, and I'm going to do my best not to blow the limits of Major Image apart. :smallredface:

Perelia hunkers behind the cover, peering out at the scene. Her mind begins to whirr, running through her available magic and what she knows of the creatures down below. She runs a few simulations in her head, sparing a few moments of processing time by assuming the small group with her has roughly the same combat potential that she has.

The results are conclusively negative.

A wizard, however, is not a warrior. When strength and power fail, cunning and guile always have a chance to grant the upper hand. Perelia looks to the others, a faint grin on her face. "We cannot just leave those people to die; what is more, they may be able to give us valuable information about this pillar. Run if you want; you have time to escape. I, however, am going to attempt to deal with this.

Now then. An evoker would blast, a conjurer call, a necromancer kill, but at my current strength none of those options would result in victory." She takes out a bit of fleece, and she begins to weave it with her fingers. "I have more options, however, and right now it is an indirect approach that may save those people's lives."She calls out a few words of power, and the fleece vanishes, evaporating into the aether with nothing but a whisper of potential and the sound of an empty room. There is a brief pause, and then Perelia stands tall, walking out from behind the protective cover into plain sight of the combatants below.

Perelia shouts a final word of power in a voice that resounds from the air itself, and the air above her screams with the sound of lightning and raw magical potential. A fissure appears in the sky, towering sixty feet in the air, and a cold wind begins to blow outward from the crack. The shattered sky expands with the piercing sound of cracking ice, and then with a sudden crash the fissure glows with a brilliant cobalt blaze, shifting and expanding into the form of a massive giant. The light fades, and the creature become more than just an enormous silhouette in the sky.

The giant is hideous, a bluish-white creature made of both flesh and dark, bloody ice, wielding a great adamantine maul spiked with more pitch-black spars of the horrid ice. The creature’s eyes gleam with an uncanny intelligence, and steam rises from its skin. It takes a single, heavy step forward and the explosive boom of its footfall echoes across the valley. The frost giant tilts its head back and roars, and the sound is so loud and deep that the air itself quivers.

Perelia holds out a wand imperiously, and the attention of her hideous creation shifts down to the salamanders below with a ponderous finality. She calls out to them in Common, and her voice is clear and contemptuous. "Run back to the flames that bore you here or I will purge you from this and every world. I have come to end these flames, and your presence is nothing but a distraction. Run, or die; I do not care which you choose, but choose you must."

Falconknight06
2012-02-13, 11:17 PM
Who said anything about running Markas will say with a grin as the wizard casts her spell, I wouldn't miss this for anything.

As the wizard finishes her command, Markas will also stand, showing that the wizard and the giant are not alone

Hazuki
2012-02-14, 06:47 AM
Ezra raises her hand and places the palm of it on her face, a small groan escaping from her lips. "Of course. Wizards and their ego." The elf gets to her feet, casting a spell as she rises to her feet and follows behind Markas.

Mirror Image. There be [roll0] more Ezra.

Adamant Sunrise
2012-02-14, 03:05 PM
As a struggle seems imminent, Kiye stills himself for a moment and turns his thoughts inward. Magic washes over his body in waves, blurring the shape of the small animal. His form grows larger and more powerful, becoming more like a wolf than a fox, and his features grow more terrible. His fur brightens to a radiant white, and his eyes blaze with blue fire. "I will do what I can," the apparition speaks with grim determination. The amulet of Mielikki at his throat burns like a torch as he prepares his next spell.

Activating Disguise Self to give himself the appearance of an elemental creature, and preparing Fly for the next round.

bloodtide
2012-02-14, 04:21 PM
The eight large red scaled creatures with the torsos of humanoids, but the lower bodies of serpents, turn at look toward the 'Ice Giant' as it appears. Though one of the red scaled creatures keeps it's focus long enough to run it's spear through one of the smaller robed and cloaked humanoids.

bloodtide
2012-02-14, 04:32 PM
With Combat just about to start we now go to combat time.

Party Initiatives:

Ezra [roll0]
Kiye [roll1]
Markas [roll2]
Perelia [roll3]

Foes:
Red scaled serpent men [roll4]
Small robed and cloaked figures [roll5]

Round 1 starts with the party 200 feet away from the pillar of fire and the other battle.

Falconknight06
2012-02-14, 04:46 PM
Free action:

I suppose the illusion didn't work then Markas will say, preparing for battle

Talking can be done at any time, even not on your turn :smallcool:

bloodtide
2012-02-14, 04:59 PM
The small robed and cloaked figures take their action to team up on and attack a single serpent man with their staffs.

Figure 1[roll0]
Figure 2[roll1]

Both of the robed and cloaked figures look to be horrible at combat and swing and hit nothing but the ground.

Game Time
To be accurate, the red scaled serpent men have not yet reacted to the illusion. They have just seen it. There reaction will come on their initiative on round 1.

Hazuki
2012-02-14, 05:18 PM
The multiple Ezra continue walking towards the serpents, their stride graceful if not particularly intimidating. From beneath their hoods comes the beginning tunes of a melody; neither sorrowful nor blissful, but the beginning of a song that would serve as a great bolster to Ezra's sudden allies.

Ezra is activating Inspire Courage via Perform (Sing). Thanks to Song of the Heart, the bonus is +2 to all attack and damage rolls, and +2 against charm and fear effects for as long as Ezra sings and for five rounds after.

Enjoy!

bloodtide
2012-02-14, 07:03 PM
Red scaled serpent men take their actions while still looking at and focused on the large 'ice giant'. They all slither back a bit to put their backs to the pillar of fire. They are ignoring the last two robed and cloaked humanoid figures. They do all trade lots of sharp, hissing words with each other in some strange language.

If they notice the Ezras or the music, they are not talking any action to show it.

Falconknight06
2012-02-14, 07:49 PM
Markas will stay next to the wizard, in case he is needed. By himself, he is not imposing, but he knows how to fight when he needs to

Markas is holding his action until Perelia acts, staying near to her

RaggedAngel
2012-02-14, 09:24 PM
Perelia draws another wand, her face stern and imperious. The giant seethes, and the ground beneath his feet is covered in ice from the powerful chill wafting off of his hideous and massive form. Perelia keeps her eyes hard, and she looks down on the salamanders with contempt. "I have no need to kill you, but I will. Go, now, or neither flame nor spear nor fleeing for your life will protect you from me."

She draws her wand as a move action, and Concentrates as a standard action. If she ceases concentration the spell vanishes three rounds later, so she's going to hold off on that.

Adamant Sunrise
2012-02-16, 07:35 PM
Seeing that the creatures seem to be withdrawing somewhat, or at least taking a defensive posture, Kiye forgoes his flight spell and simply charges forward from behind the rest of the group, moving in great leaps toward the nearest of the robed figures lying upon the ground.

Running as a full-round action, Kiye will slow himself deliberately to end up 10 feet from the robed figure and 50 feet from the serpent-men at the end of this round.

bloodtide
2012-02-18, 07:15 PM
Round 2

The robed and cloaked figures team up to attack a single one of the red scaled serpent men.

[roll0]
[roll1]

One of the robed and cloaked figures scores a good hit on a serpent man, knocking many red scales off of it's back as it cries out in pain.

The red scaled serpent men spend several moments hissing and cackling to each other. Six of them(but not the wounded one) intertwine their tails together and the sixth one then goes through the motions of spellcasting. Then a small red object, looking a lot like a chunk of red hot charcoal flies from the palm of his hand. Just as the chunk reaches the 'ice giant' it explodes into a bright red fireball.

Hazuki
2012-02-18, 07:40 PM
Ezra continues her song, as stands where she is and heightens the loudness of her voice and preparing herself for self defense.

Total Defense.

RaggedAngel
2012-02-18, 07:45 PM
A poorly managed illusion would dissipate and be ruined by the blast, the magical weave of the delicately crafted image upset and destroyed by the harsh, offensive pattern of he weave created by the offensive evocation. Perelia was no amateur caster, however, and she reacted to the evocation as any good illusionist would; she incorporated the evocation into the effects of her spell in a way that reinforced the percieved strength of her fake summon.

As the blast begins to bloom around the ice giant it narrows its eyes, calling out a horrible, gutteral word that hangs in the air like the sound of breaking bones and falling stones. The giant becomes covered in a hard, thick layer of Stygian ice, the black layer of deathly material forming a primative, but effectice, suit of armor around the creature. The fire of the explosion, while powerful and real, seems to be negated and blocked from harming the giant by the terrible cold of his frost armor, and he screams in triumph.

Perelias calls down to the salamanders, impatient and irritated. "You are wearing my patience thin, and the patience of my summon, who is here to aid me in closing this portal. He does not wish to waste his might on you lot." She waits a moment, the air thick. "But if you continue to challenge his might he will show you what a Giant-Sorcerer of the Frost can do."

bloodtide
2012-02-20, 08:56 PM
Round 2 Markas action?

Falconknight06
2012-02-21, 03:59 PM
Markas
Markas will continue to stand his ground, awaiting a time when he may be needed to defend the wizard. He can tell when his abilities are not suited for the situation at hand

Sorry guys, IRL game on the weekend and homework due tomorrow morning

Adamant Sunrise
2012-02-22, 02:37 PM
Kiye's mind races as he approaches the carnage, ignoring the fireworks being cast by the reptilians. Reaching the nearest of the prone figures at a run, he pauses a bit at its strange appearance. Unable to ascertain its condition right away due to its heavy trappings, he doesn't stop to conduct a lengthy examination. He merely presses a paw to its chest and channels divine energy through the connection for an instant before leaping away toward the next nearest casualty to repeat the process.

Using the Touch of Healing feat to heal the targeted humanoid for 9 HP, assuming it can be healed, then moving on to the next one.

bloodtide
2012-02-22, 05:15 PM
The humanoid lets out a big gasp of air as soon as the paw touches his form and the healing energy flows into him, and moves it's hands around a bit.

bloodtide
2012-02-27, 12:48 AM
Round 3

The two standing robed, cloaked figures waste no time withdrawing from the fight they are in and move a good thirty feet of to the side.

The red scaled serpent men spend several moments hissing and cackling to each other. Their attention is focused on the 'ice giant'. They do not seem to even have taken any notice of the various others around.

The six unlink their tails and slowly slither backwards and away from the pillar of fire and the 'ice giant'.

The other two red scaled serpent men raise their metal long spears and move towards the 'ice giant', ending the round just 50 feet from where the 'ice giant' is.

RaggedAngel
2012-02-27, 01:24 AM
Perelia finally releases her hold on the illusion spell. It will last a couple dozen seconds more, but it seems that the time for misdirection is over, and the time for combat has come.

She takes out a heavy pinch of ground mica from her spell component pouch, chanting a stream of arcane words of power. She focuses on the two salamanders nearest her, and then with a shout the mica disappears, the glittery stone's mass used to power an explosion of golden sparkles and sparks that wash over the salamanders in a stinging wave. She then retreats back, putting distance between them and herself.

Glitterdust, Will Save DC 18 or they're blinded for 5 rounds.
Move action backwards, 30 feet or so.

The Major Image will last another 3 rounds.

Falconknight06
2012-02-27, 08:01 PM
Markas, realizing what his role should be, he will move to stay near the wizard, just in case the lizards get too close

Markas is better in one on one fights, so he'll protect the wizard for now

bloodtide
2012-02-28, 12:41 AM
The golden sparkles and sparks wash over the salamanders in a stinging wave. They both let loose high pitched shrieks and shake their heads about for a second. They they both oddly don't quite turn their heads to look at much of anything, clearly blinded by the effect.

bloodtide
2012-03-03, 02:58 AM
The robed and cloaked figures withdraw from the fight they were in, heading a good 30 feet off to the side.

Hazuki
2012-03-06, 04:44 PM
The elf retreats further backwards from the Salamanders as she continues her song - she was not one for direct combat, either, and whatever was going on, she was sure she didn't want to be near when it exploded.

Adamant Sunrise
2012-03-06, 11:34 PM
Kiye dashes over to the next prone figure, repeating the same steps he took with the first. Divine energy surges forth from his touch, and then the fox leaps away to continue the process of bringing as many of the humanoids back to life as he can.

bloodtide
2012-04-04, 08:23 PM
The pillar of fire pluses with bright red light...