PDA

View Full Version : [3.P] Are there ways to do something OTHER than attack on an AoO?

Helldog
2012-02-07, 01:11 PM
And by "attack" I mean both melee and special attacks (trip, disarm, sunder, etc.).

Sudain
2012-02-07, 01:16 PM
Yes, just do them. :)

Sucrose
2012-02-07, 01:16 PM
Well, the obvious choice is Channel the Storm, from Tome of Battle's Stormguard Warrior feat. Grants +4 to attack and damage for each AoO you forgo.

Past that, would you consider Stand Still (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicFeats.htm#standStill) to be sufficiently different from normal combat maneuvers to be 'something different'?

Also, I think that there are a couple of feats from Player's Handbook II that allow you to Aid Another rather than attacking.

Helldog
2012-02-07, 01:33 PM
Past that, would you consider Stand Still to be sufficiently different from normal combat maneuvers to be 'something different'?
Nah, it's too similar to tripping.

Yes, just do them. :)
That's very helpful. /sarcasm

Jack Zander
2012-02-07, 01:35 PM
You could hold a touch spell in your hand, and then use that "attack" as your AoO.

Helldog
2012-02-07, 01:38 PM
You could hold a touch spell in your hand, and then use that "attack" as your AoO.
But I want to do something other than attack.

Red_Dog
2012-02-07, 01:40 PM
Evasive reflexes gives you AoO to 5 foot steps conversion

Stand Still was mentioned, as were normal Special Attacks.

Shifting Defense is a 5th level Setting Sun Stance that lets you 5foot step as a response to being attacked as long as you still have AoO to burn.

That's all I can recall for now I guess ^^.

Draz74
2012-02-07, 02:03 PM
The metapsionic feat "Opportunity Power" lets you manifest a power in place of an AoO.

PairO'Dice Lost
2012-02-07, 04:01 PM
But I want to do something other than attack.

The Hindering Opportunist (Aid Another against an opponent who provokes an AoO) and Stalwart Defense (spend an AoO to Aid Another against an opponent who attacks an ally) feats are in PHB2.