PDA

View Full Version : Starting a Druid

Tief
2012-02-07, 06:50 PM
My group wants to do a couple single instance dungeon run adventures, and since I have never played a spellcaster before I thought I would go for Druid, they seem interesting, and powerful...

But I'm having difficulty with ideas on how to set it up, I made the character as a star elf (Not optimal but meh)
We are allowed to start at level 5 and we have 5000 starting gold

The stats I have are
15STR, 16DEX, 16CON, 12INT, 19WIS(level 4 ability point), 11CHA

For feats I have chosen Spell Focus(Conj) and Companion Spellbond, I was going to get augment summoning at first, but then I noticed that I always have to be within 5feet of my pet or he loses the buffs, so I took spellbond.

I don't anticipate this character being played enough to level up more than once or twice sadly, but I want it to be as powerful as possible at this level, our DM likes to put in powerful monsters...
Is there any specific feats I should be taking at low level? and any gear I should be making sure I have (since I can't really do Shapeshifting shenanigans at level 5)

Snowbluff
2012-02-07, 07:19 PM
Natural Spell is a must, but if it doesn't go very far, Natural Bond will serve you along better than anything you have now.

Tief
2012-02-07, 07:33 PM
Unfortunately I can not take the level 4 Raptor as my pet so the Riding dog seemed the best idea. I assume that feat will have no effect, due to my druid is the same as my character level?

Snowbluff
2012-02-07, 07:48 PM
Unfortunately I can not take the level 4 Raptor as my pet so the Riding dog seemed the best idea. I assume that feat will have no effect, due to my druid is the same as my character level?

The general idea is you take a lvl-3 pet (like a dinosaur or whatevs), then take natural bond. 1( your level)-3(dinosaur AnC)+ 3 (natural bond)=1, your druid level. Not all DMs would allow it, but have better pets early is awesome.

Godskook
2012-02-07, 08:48 PM
The general idea is you take a lvl-3 pet (like a dinosaur or whatevs), then take natural bond. 1( your level)-3(dinosaur AnC)+ 3 (natural bond)=1, your druid level. Not all DMs would allow it, but have better pets early is awesome.

Frankly, getting access to the higher lists early is kinda cheesy, but using it to max out the benefits once you get normal access makes perfect sense.

Snowbluff
2012-02-07, 09:44 PM
Frankly, getting access to the higher lists early is kinda cheesy, but using it to max out the benefits once you get normal access makes perfect sense.

Works under "wants to be as powerful as possible".

Also, I think Druids get to known all of their spells, so Versatile can be a large boon based on your Wis. 2nd level spells at lvl 1 = actually broke.

Tief
2012-02-08, 11:33 AM
I'll rethink that Natural bond feat actually, that or versatile, thanks

Snowbluff
2012-02-08, 02:35 PM
I'll rethink that Natural bond feat actually, that or versatile, thanks

Your welcome, no problem, and that is why I am here, buddy! :smallbiggrin::smallsmile::smallcool: