PDA

View Full Version : Dungeons and Dragons Campaign Issues

dwlc2000
2012-02-07, 08:57 PM
Hey all of you guys!
I'm the dungeon master for a dungeons and dragons 3.5 campaign and one of my players is a real jerk and i wanna kick him out of the campaign. The thing is that all the actual playtime takes place during lunch and recess at my school and so I can't take any real action. Should i let my players kill him off (There is more that one that would like too) or should i continue with my campaign with him in it?

onemorelurker
2012-02-07, 09:03 PM
Hey all of you guys!
I'm the dungeon master for a dungeons and dragons 3.5 campaign and one of my players is a real jerk and i wanna kick him out of the campaign. The thing is that all the actual playtime takes place during lunch and recess at my school and so I can't take any real action. Should i let my players kill him off (There is more that one that would like too) or should i continue with my campaign with him in it?

Be more specific. What's the actual situation? Have you tried talking to the player about his behavior? How do your other players feel?

If you haven't had a talk with the player, that should be your first step, assuming that his behavior isn't endangering anyone OOC.

TuggyNE
2012-02-07, 09:08 PM
Hey all of you guys!

Generally it is inadvisable to allow others to kill a player*. It's also not a good idea to kill off a player's character just because the player is a jerk.

Other than that, yes, more information is needed before giving advice more specific than "talk to your players about it".

*I am given to understand the police look unfavorably on it, for one thing.

SSG Ghost Rider
2012-02-07, 09:14 PM
For problem players I always go with a three strikes rule. At first tell him to chill on whatever thing he is doing that is pissing you off. Second, tell him this is his last warning before you will have to ask him to leave. Third, tell him to blow off because his strikes are over with.

That fits for any situation IMO regardless of how or why the player is making everyone have less fun than they should.

Godskook
2012-02-08, 12:42 AM
You're going to have to stand up to him at some point if you want him out of the campaign. Intentionally killing his character prior to doing it just gives him the upper hand of "you're going behind my back". You don't want that. Worse, he can just create a new character and try to rejoin, putting you back where you started. If he's really the problem, the best thing you can do is ensure that it stays that way.

Since you're having recess, I'm guessing you're pre-High-School. If you expect you're going to have trouble dealing with this player, talk ahead of time to an adult you can trust, probably your parents or a teacher; if you can, aim for one that's most likely to speak quietly and carry a big stick(figuratively speaking). Have them standing by in case things get out of hand.