PDA

View Full Version : Haleo and Julelan Speculation

t209
2012-02-07, 11:44 PM
Who do you think the cast would be? Here's my speculation
Romeo and Juliet- Elan and Haley (Obviously)
Lord Montague- Tarquin
Lord Capulet- Ian Starshine
Prince Escalus- Hinjo
Count Paris- Therkla or Daimyo Kubota
Friar- Durkon
Apothecary- V

Gift Jeraff
2012-02-07, 11:51 PM
Romeo - Haley (You got them mixed up.)
Juliet - Elan
Capulet - Tarquin
Montague - Ian
Tybalt - Sabine or Crystal
Paris - Therkla
Mercutio - Roy or Belkar
Benvolio - V
Friar Laurence - Durkon

That's all I can think of.

Quarion Nailo
2012-02-07, 11:51 PM
Hmm, Mercutio has to be from Haleo's side, so that means it can't be Nale..

ti'esar
2012-02-08, 12:15 AM
Considering that Friar Laurence is much connected with the Capulets (and probably does more harm then good) I can't help but wonder if he might actually be Malack, not Durkon.

t209
2012-02-08, 12:16 AM
Considering that Friar Laurence is much connected with the Capulets (and probably does more harm then good) I can't help but wonder if he might actually be Malack, not Durkon.

So Durkon will be Apothecary.

Cazaril
2012-02-08, 01:47 AM

So Durkon will be Apothecary.

The fact that Durkon would make a better Friar, and Malack a better Apothecary, makes me inclined to think that you're probably correct. :smalltongue:

Chronos
2012-02-08, 02:15 AM
I love that Haley is the Romeo and Elan is the Juliet. I've always pictured the character of Haley as being played by a guy, and Elan by a girl (and, of course, the players are dating, too-- Same sort of dynamic as in Darths and Droids). Yeah, I know that the Giant has said that there are no players, but that doesn't stop me from imagining them.

t209
2012-02-08, 12:44 PM
Count Paris- Therkla or Daimyo Kubota

So what if Paris will be Kubota even if Julelan is a dude? (and Juliet hated Paris)
P.S- How about 40,000 azurites as 40,000 men and women or Grim Reaper?

Jay R
2012-02-08, 03:11 PM
I love that Haley is the Romeo and Elan is the Juliet.

Awwww, man! Elan didn't know *he* was gonna be the girl! (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0590.html)

Hattish Thing
2012-02-09, 12:29 AM
This would indeed be awesome :smallwink:

Gift Jeraff
2012-02-09, 12:31 AM
This would indeed be awesome :smallwink:Would? You do realize it's something that's been announced, right? :smalltongue:

Hattish Thing
2012-02-09, 12:32 AM
What where? :smallredface:

PirateMonk
2012-02-09, 12:59 AM
What where? :smallredface:

You have to pay at least $10 (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/599092525/the-order-of-the-stick-reprint-drive/posts/171717) for it, but you also get seven other PDFs, a magnet, and a chance to contribute to the upward movement of the graph line.

RSLee
2012-02-09, 01:41 AM
Well we already know that:

Elan=Juliet
Haley=Romeo
Tarquin = Lord Capulet
Ian= Lord Montague

And, honestly, I think that it's pretty safe to assume that Therkla will be Paris and Durkon will be Friar Laurence.

Personally, I think that Roy would probably fit best as Benvolio. After all, Benvolio was pretty much the only person in the orignal play who had any sort of common sense or self-control. And Roy fits into that role perfectly.

With a few changes, Nale might make a good Tybalt. It's hard to imagine him having a hatred for Haley instead of Elan, but otherwise he fits the role of psychotic family member perfectly.

If Juliet's nurse is going to make an appearance, that's probably where I'd cast V. V probably fits the role of romantic advisor better than he/she would fit any of the other roles.

Honestly, Mercutio is such a unique character, that none of the others are really his counterpart. Therefore, that role will probably just go to one of our remaining main characters. Which would be Belkar if my speculation is correct. He doesn't have much in common with Mercuitio, but I can't really think of anywhere else he'd be cast.

Oh, and as for the Prince, I'm not really sure. Maybe Shojo or Hinjo or another figure of authority from the comic?

Chronos
2012-02-09, 03:22 PM
I think Belkar as Tybalt would be more likely, especially given all the cat jokes. And Tybalt is definitely the stab first, stab second, stab third, and ask questions later type.

RSLee
2012-02-09, 06:10 PM
On some level, I agree that Tybalt's probably the character that Belkar has the most in common with. It's just that Nale would probably fit better.

Keep in mind, Tybalt is supposed to be related to Juliet. The whole reason why he hated Romeo so much was because of the feud between their families. And, it'd be a stretch to suddenly cast Belkar as Elan's cousin when he has a perfectly good Evil Twin to fill that role.

Chronos
2012-02-09, 11:19 PM
I guess it depends on whether you go through the cast list of OotS, major characters first, and figure out which R&J character they're closest to, or go through the cast list of R&J, major characters first, and figure out which OotS character they're closest to. Or, of course, some combination of both.

Or maybe you could just damage the fifth wall, and have Belkar and Nale fight it out over who gets to play Tybalt.

Ravian
2012-02-10, 02:56 PM
Romeo= Haley
Juliet= Elan
Montague= Ian
Capulet= Tarquin
Benvolio= Roy
Tybalt= Nale
Mercutio= Belkar (when you think about it, Mercutio is the only one who really doesn't care about any of the Romance, and he makes tons of sexual double entrendes, only difference is he's more witty then Belkar, but it will be good to see him and Nale fight)
Friar Lawrence= Durkon
Apothecary= Malack
Nurse= Vaarsuvius
Paris= tricky one, I'm inclined towards Sabine, Samantha or one of the other flying tramps, but there's this horid feeling I keep getting that it's the Empress of Blood (I know it's a horrible thought but it won't get out of my head :smalleek:)
Prince Escalus= Hinjo (strange thing is that that would make him related to Belkar)

That leaves the minor characters:
Lady Montague= probably Mia if she appears at all, since lets face it what real part does she play in the story?
Lady Capulet= Probably not Elan and Nale's actual mother since Lady Capulet is way to shallow, if she appears she'll probably be one of Tarquin's later wives
Friar John
Balthasar
Abram
Sampson
Gregory
Peter

All in all I'm looking forward to this story, since I loved Greenhilt, Prince of Denmark.

thepsyker
2012-02-10, 03:26 PM
The problem with Belkar as Mercutio is that his death is what provokes Romeo to kill Tybalt. From the other stick tale stories the characters kept allot of their basic characterization and I just can't see Haley being that upset about Belkar dying. In fact from that perspective I think V might actually be a good fit for Mercutio, s/he is one of Haley's closer friends in the comic them knowing each other before joining the order and s/he is hot headed enough that I could see him/er being provoked into a fight with Tybalt and her/im death would be something that would get Haley to kill Tybalt.

Blisstake
2012-02-10, 03:50 PM
V should be Mercutio.

And that decision has nothing to do with the cross-dressing in that one adaptation... :smalltongue:

ti'esar
2012-02-10, 03:59 PM
Romeo= Haley
Juliet= Elan
Montague= Ian
Capulet= Tarquin
Benvolio= Roy
Tybalt= Nale
Mercutio= Belkar (when you think about it, Mercutio is the only one who really doesn't care about any of the Romance, and he makes tons of sexual double entrendes, only difference is he's more witty then Belkar, but it will be good to see him and Nale fight)
Friar Lawrence= Durkon
Apothecary= Malack
Nurse= Vaarsuvius
Paris= tricky one, I'm inclined towards Sabine, Samantha or one of the other flying tramps, but there's this horid feeling I keep getting that it's the Empress of Blood (I know it's a horrible thought but it won't get out of my head :smalleek:)
Prince Escalus= Hinjo (strange thing is that that would make him related to Belkar)

That leaves the minor characters:
Lady Montague= probably Mia if she appears at all, since lets face it what real part does she play in the story?
Lady Capulet= Probably not Elan and Nale's actual mother since Lady Capulet is way to shallow, if she appears she'll probably be one of Tarquin's later wives
Friar John
Balthasar
Abram
Sampson
Gregory
Peter

All in all I'm looking forward to this story, since I loved Greenhilt, Prince of Denmark.

I'd be surprised if some of the minor characters weren't excised. I'm pretty sure Rosencrantz and Guildenstern weren't in The Tragedy of Greenhilt, for instance.

thepsyker
2012-02-10, 04:02 PM
I'd be surprised if some of the minor characters weren't excised. I'm pretty sure Rosencrantz and Guildenstern weren't in The Tragedy of Greenhilt, for instance.They were the Flumphs(sp).

ti'esar
2012-02-10, 04:08 PM
So they were.

But I'd still be surprised if we say (say) Sampson and Gregory as more then generic mooks of some kind.

t209
2012-02-10, 04:18 PM
They were the Flumphs(sp).

so who's Hamlet's uncle, and Hamlet's mom?
I think that Roy is Hamlet and Celia is Ophelia.

ti'esar
2012-02-10, 04:24 PM
Roy's mother was... Roy's mother. Our villain, meanwhile, was "King Xlaudius". (:xykon:, if you can't guess)

But really, buy the book yourself if you want to know.

Dr. Gamera
2012-02-11, 02:13 AM
Roy's mother was... Roy's mother. Our villain, meanwhile, was "King Xlaudius". (:xykon:, if you can't guess)

But really, buy the book yourself if you want to know.

For your own sake, if you are familiar with Hamlet, please buy the book because the Stick Tales version of Hamlet may just be the absolutely best part of SSaDT. It plays off the personalities of all the characters from the comic, and is hilarious and brilliant on many different levels.

Jay R
2012-02-11, 10:35 AM
So they were.

But I'd still be surprised if we say (say) Sampson and Gregory as more then generic mooks of some kind.

Well, Generic mooks are likely played by the flumphs.

Not sure how one of them will bite his thumb at the Montagues, though.

Ravian
2012-02-11, 10:37 AM
Well, Generic mooks are likely played by the flumphs.

Not sure how one of them will bite his thumb at the Montagues, though.

Don't forget Jones and Rodriguez :smallbiggrin:

zimmerwald1915
2012-02-11, 11:32 AM
The problem with Belkar as Mercutio is that his death is what provokes Romeo to kill Tybalt. From the other stick tale stories the characters kept allot of their basic characterization and I just can't see Haley being that upset about Belkar dying. In fact from that perspective I think V might actually be a good fit for Mercutio, s/he is one of Haley's closer friends in the comic them knowing each other before joining the order and s/he is hot headed enough that I could see him/er being provoked into a fight with Tybalt and her/im death would be something that would get Haley to kill Tybalt.
On the other hand, could you imagine V delivering the Queen Mab speech? It would take longer than the rest of the play combined.

thepsyker
2012-02-11, 05:43 PM
On the other hand, could you imagine V delivering the Queen Mab speech? It would take longer than the rest of the play combined.
Had to refresh my memory on that speech quick, been awhile since I read the play and saw it in any form other than adaptations, and after a quick read of the scene I have to say Mercutio going into that sort of lengthy dissertation with little provocation only makes the part a better fit for V to me. :smalltongue:

Psyren
2012-02-14, 09:47 AM
Hmm, Mercutio has to be from Haleo's side, so that means it can't be Nale..

Crystal maybe?

thepsyker
2012-02-14, 12:07 PM
Crystal maybe?
Why would Haleo care enough about Crystal getting killed to do something that would get her banished?

Ravian
2012-02-14, 12:27 PM
Yeah definatley not Crystal, besides, she definately doesn't have the Brainpower to come up with some of the stuff Mercutio did. My bet is still with Belkar, but V could be a possibility

Dracarot
2012-02-14, 01:36 PM
V as Mertucio would also work very well if Tybalt is played by Belkar, seeing as they already have the in comic issues, and Haley would have no issues killing him.

t209
2012-02-15, 12:41 PM
Do you think There will be Blue Oyster Cult as a cameo?
"Romeo and Juliet,
Are Together in Eternity"
(Don't Fear the Reaper, Blue Oyster Cult)