PDA

View Full Version : MLP Mare-a-thon at Natalie's place

Asta Kask
2012-02-08, 01:31 PM
Natalie Reed, blogger extraordinaire (http://freethoughtblogs.com/nataliereed/2012/02/07/new-avatar-and-the-official-snr-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-mare-a-thon/) has decided to hold her own My Little Pony Mare-a-thon over at her site on Sunday. Come on, come all!

So here’s the plan: we pick five episodes of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic that you think are especially awesome and would be great for bringing new fans into the show, and also episodes that could promote some interesting discussion amongst brainy feminist, skeptic, atheist and queer-theory type folks. An example might be “Feeling Pinkie Keen”, which contains a troubling anti-skepticism message… it’s not an especially great episode, in fact it’s one of my least favourites, but it would definitely lead to some interesting discussion.

Then, on Sunday afternoon, we all queue up the episodes and watch them in order, with little breaks for discussion via twitter, and also via a comment thread I’ll post here on SNR! And then a big ongoing discussion after the mare-a-thon is over!

noparlpf
2012-02-08, 08:18 PM
If I had watched any episode more than once and remembered titles and identified as a brony I might have something more useful to contribute here.
(I don't consider myself a brony because to me that implies more association with the fanbase than I have.)

But yesterday I finally watched the last two weeks' episodes. I really liked "Read it and Weep".

Gligarman2
2012-02-08, 11:33 PM
I personally watch mlp because it's inspiring. It's happy, and it's escapism. Equestria is not a land to discuss. It is a land to learn from. Philosophy does not go well with Ponies.

-With Due Respect,

Gligarman2