PDA

View Full Version : Posession

TinyMushroom
2012-02-08, 01:39 PM
Is there any way for a human to possess someone else? The 'your spirit/soul in someone else's body' kind of possession?

Costs don't really matter, I just really need to know if there exists a spell or something that can do this.

Thanks for anyone who can help me out!

Flickerdart
2012-02-08, 01:41 PM
Magic Jar (spell) and Mind Switch (power) are both ways of accomplishing this. Mind Seed (power) is an honourable mention - it doesn't possess someone per se, but imprints your mind onto them.

Xerinous
2012-02-08, 02:15 PM
In Pathfinder there's a spell called Marionette Possession (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/m/marionette-possession). Only works for willing targets though, and has a relatively short duration.

Stallion
2012-02-08, 07:27 PM
There's the Fiend of Possession PrC in the Fiend Folio. It requires the Otherworldly feat and a Ritual of Alignment, but it's very attainable for a human.

Igneel
2012-02-09, 02:43 AM
There is also the Malevolence ability that Ghosts (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040117a) have.

But I also really like the Fiend of Possession, now if only some of its abilities could of been written better...

DarkestKnight
2012-02-09, 10:55 AM
IMO the fiend of possession is quite powerful, or were you meaning that the class could be written better for clarification?

Igneel
2012-02-09, 11:53 AM
IMO the fiend of possession is quite powerful, or were you meaning that the class could be written better for clarification?

Better written for clarification was what I meant, at least for the Possess Creature ['part of'? why not 'reside inside' like a parasite?], and Possess Noncontinuous Item [better description or scaling of how big of a pool of water or dust cloud you can possess] sections anyway. Along with with some changes to the Curse [get an upgrade to bestow greater curse at the last level] and Animate Items [longer duration, by the spell you can't affect magical items] abilities imho. I have started working on a re-write, but then I'm not much for homebrewing and haven't posted it yet because of me being unsure of how well written I have done.