PDA

View Full Version : Ways to get Cha to AC?

Rossebay
2012-02-08, 08:58 PM
I'm looking for a no LA, no class level required way of gaining the incorporeal subtype, or something.

I'm playing a human sorcerer, and I can't afford to give up any levels, but I need Charisma to AC. Any ideas?

I figured gaining the incorporeal subtype would help me out, but I can't think of any ways to get it that easily...

Any sneaky ways not listed on X to Y? Or, any ways to gain the monk Wis bonus to AC cheaply?

Ernir
2012-02-08, 09:04 PM
Ghostform is an 8th-level Sorcerer spell that grants incorporeality. Spell Compendium.

The X stat to Y thread is generally very comprehensive.

any ways to gain the monk Wis bonus to AC cheaply?

A Monk's Belt?

Metahuman1
2012-02-08, 09:28 PM
Maybe the Polymorph spell line?

Ernir
2012-02-08, 09:50 PM
Maybe the Polymorph spell line?

Shapechange can do it without (additional) shenanigans.

Plain Polymorph can do it with Assume Supernatural Ability from Savage Species (or Metamorphic Transfer, but that's more difficult to get on a Sorcerer) by morphing into something like a Nymph.

Talionis
2012-02-08, 10:25 PM
Combat Panache Feat gives Cha to AC, but you have to work a little at it.

Talionis
2012-02-08, 10:32 PM
Combat Panache Feat gives Cha to AC, but you have to work a little at it.

Psyren
2012-02-09, 12:55 AM
I know you're tight on levels, but a 1-level dip in Battledancer (DragComp) would get you Cha to AC.

Darrin
2012-02-09, 08:17 AM
I'm looking for a no LA, no class level required way of gaining the incorporeal subtype, or something.

Martial Study: One With Shadow might work, although good luck getting Initiator Level 15 as a Sorcerer.

I'm playing a human sorcerer, and I can't afford to give up any levels, but I need Charisma to AC. Any ideas?

Monk's Belt + Ascetic Mage feat might work. Check with your DM if the feat requires actual monk levels.

Battle Dancer has already been mentioned. Arcane Duelist gets it (online article (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20030224a)), as does Mystic Wanderer (Magic of Faerun).

I figured gaining the incorporeal subtype would help me out, but I can't think of any ways to get it that easily...

Well, it's not like dying is really hard... there's the Risen Martyr in BoED, or the Ghost template levels from this Savage Progression article (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040117a).

You could possibly skip the dying part by finding a suitable sentient incorporeal undead and using Doc_Roc's magic jar trick (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9186526#post9186526).

Person_Man
2012-02-09, 09:22 AM

Apparition Ribbon soulmeld bound to your Throat chakra gives you the Incorporeal Subtype for Meldshaper rounds per day. An Incarnate 14 (or Incarnate/PrC) gets easy access to it, or anyone can get it with just 2 feats (Shape Soulmeld and Open Greater Chakra) at 18 HD. There are also some high level spells that make you Incorporeal.

Combat Panache also works well for casters, as it's only a Move action to use. Similarly, there are a boat load of Fear effects which nerf your enemies. Since you're Cha based, you should have an easy time using them.

There's also the Winged Warrior feat (Races of the Wild pg 153). As a Move Action you can create a hemisphere of concealment (for those in the cloud) and total concealment (for those trying to look into the cloud) around you. Cast a Standard Action spell, use the Mobile Spellcasting feat to move away from your enemies, and then use your Move Action to activate Winged Warrior and prevent counter attack. It requires wings though, so you'll need a graft or you can become a Dragonborn.

Rossebay
2012-02-11, 02:20 AM
Combat Panache also works well for casters, as it's only a Move action to use. Similarly, there are a boat load of Fear effects which nerf your enemies. Since you're Cha based, you should have an easy time using them.

This is interesting me the most. What would you suggest on the front of fear effects?

hex0
2012-02-12, 05:12 PM
Wilder for Touch AC?

Rossebay
2012-02-12, 05:39 PM
But that's just Touch AC. I want it to all AC's.

Doughnut Master
2012-02-12, 08:44 PM
Yelling "I'm too pretty to die!" and running away?

Ernir
2012-02-12, 08:52 PM

That's the best interpretation of Cha to AC I've ever heard...

Jack_Simth
2012-02-12, 08:53 PM

Any sneaky ways not listed on X to Y? Or, any ways to gain the monk Wis bonus to AC cheaply?The spell Sirine's Grace (Spell Compendium) gives Charisma to AC for rounds/level... hard to get on a Sorcerer, though, unless you can convince your DM that the language in the Sorcerer's Spells entry really does permit the Sorcerer to get spells from anywhere.
Ghostform (Sor/Wiz 8) from Spell Compendium makes you incorporeal, but has already been mentioned. Rounds/level, though.

If you can convince your DM to let you make custom items, and item of one of those would work out nicely.

Rossebay
2012-02-12, 10:13 PM

Hahaha.

I've always considered it magical shielding when it's a Sorcerer... :P

Anyway, the language of the Sorcerer does sort of suggest that. That's odd.

Acanous
2012-02-12, 10:23 PM
The only way I know of to get permanent Cha to AC is by taking a 2 level Paladin dip and grabbing the Serenity ACF.