PDA

View Full Version : E6 Pathfinder Druid - not so bad? (please move this thread)

SpaceBadger
2012-02-08, 10:41 PM
I'm working on my E6 classes again. Our "base" ruleset is Pathfinder, although we have a lot of house rules, especially re magic. I wanted to make sure I wasn't getting too far off course in my new E6 classes (adapted mostly to make sure there is some new fun stuff at each level, no dead levels, and follow the pattern that Gnorman uses for Archetype Powers), so I'm going back through Pathfinder Core Rules to make some notes on how each class fares under RAW for the first six levels.

Anyway, I always hear how Druids are such overpowered combat/spellcaster machines due to Wildshape ability and Natural Spell feat - haven't ever played one myself, or even in a group with one - but looking just at the first six levels, they don't seem so bad.

Am I missing something, or is it just that the Uber Druid Power comes more at higher levels when they can wildshape more often and into more powerful forms?

Maybe Druid is OK for E6 just as it is? (Although needing something for that dead level at 5th...)

SpaceBadger
2012-02-09, 12:35 AM
I think I started this thread in the wrong subforum. I was thinking "Homebrew" because the question was connected with my work on homebrew for E6, but really this question is more of a RoleplayingGames/D&D_3.0/3.5/d20 kinda question.

I don't know how to move the thread, or even if I can do that.

Mod help, please and thank you?