PDA

View Full Version : The Eyes of Twinbrook- IC

Rising Phoenix
2012-02-09, 06:59 AM
Calistril the 18th of the year 4,016. 6:18 am.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUxl7LYzQ9c)
Dawn. It’s cold, but the rising sun’s light paints the snow covered light in brilliant gold; the promise of spring. Twinbrook has started to stir, the mud and stone chimneys above the straw thatched puff grey, sweet smelling smoke and in the distance the tenor’s voice of Nicholas mixes with that crowing cockerels, screeching rooks and the sweet winter song of snow thrushes.

“He guards us through his radiant flame” booms Nicholas “Illuminates the darkness, warm’s our heart’s home and Peace Through Vigilance he brings...”

As Savid children flood start to run through the streets cheering their way to school, you remember that it is today that Dr. Tsavis wanted to see you.

“I’ve had enough!” he said in his letter, his meticulous handwriting evidently distressed “They’re after the fireworks- anything that will light a fire... Don’t they realize that these things are dangerous and not idle play things?! This ends now! Please come see me in two days time Calistril the 18th!”

slugboy_73
2012-02-09, 07:48 AM
Agnar awakes in his room at the Scarlet Goblin. He performs his morning prayers to Iomedae, makes sure that his armor and weapons are clean and ready, then heads down for some breakfast. He hopes that the clan elders to not mind the delay in his report on the town and it's profitability for trade. Wiping out an infestation of goblins and kobolds is a sure way to help improve relations and put his clan on an even better footing for negotiations. Once he is done with his breakfast he will head over to the doctors house.

Rising Phoenix
2012-02-09, 08:00 AM
Agnar awakes in his room at the Scarlet Goblin. He performs his morning prayers to Iomedae, makes sure that his armor and weapons are clean and ready, then heads down for some breakfast. He hopes that the clan elders to not mind the delay in his report on the town and it's profitability for trade. Wiping out an infestation of goblins and kobolds is a sure way to help improve relations and put his clan on an even better footing for negotiations. Once he is done with his breakfast he will head over to the doctors house.

Livis, the blonde balding half-elf that owns the Scarlet Goblin, does not appear to have awoken yet. There's some fruit mince pie and a jug of milk left out as he knew you'd be up early.

slugboy_73
2012-02-09, 08:26 AM
Agnar's eye's light up at the sight of the pie! He will definitely miss these when he has to move along. Agnar does his best to be quiet downstairs but his equipment does not always cooperate. Once he has finished he heads outside to enjoy the morning. He does not want to arrive at the doctors too early.

Xaotec
2012-02-09, 09:24 AM
Valos awakes in his cottage at the outskirts of Twinbrook as the light of dawn shines through the window and upon his face. He rises in silence, partakes of a simple breakfast and with routine brevity checks his weapons, pack and armor.

He arms himself, shoulders his pack and steps outside, he breathes in the cold air and for a time he stands there, unmoving but speaking softly under his breath while resting against his spear. And gradually a shape appears at his side until as solid as Valos himself there stands his eidolon, leonine but silver scales replacing fur and soft, colorful spines his mane.

And Valos looks upon him and speaks with a smile
"Good morning, Zalak old friend, let's have an adventure"
The beast shakes its head making a shimmering sound of the spines of his mane and gives what could be heard as an amused, but brief, chuckle.

And then they set their steps towards the doctors home.

Chained Birds
2012-02-09, 09:36 AM
Maxwell

With a groggy and annoyed voice,

"...Erk, why is it so noisy so early?"

Situated in a leaning chair at one of the corners of the Scarlet Goblin, a red-eyed man dressed in common garb and a red bandana serving as a blindfold at the moment, awakes from his passed out state. His demeanor seems very aggressive towards the person that woke him up, though his sickly disposition makes him less threatening.

"Hey Dwarf! What's the deal waking me up so early?"

The man named Maxwell approaches the dwarf Agnar as the stout character finishes his activities within the Scarlet Goblin, and even follows the dwarf after he completed his morning rituals. If Agnar was present last night, he would have noted Maxwell drinking himself into uncontiousness and being left alone by all the patrons for the entire night.

slugboy_73
2012-02-09, 10:10 AM
"Sorry, I did not see you there," says Agnar. He heads outside and indly wanders around the town killing time, perhaps heading to an open market to inspect the goods there, but with no intention of buying. If he spots the drunk man from the bar following him he will stop, "Can I help you with something?"

Chained Birds
2012-02-09, 10:40 AM
Maxwell

"No, why you ask?"

userpay
2012-02-09, 11:12 AM
The morning is much the same as any for Baknar. Wakefulness at the sun's peeking, several minutes of limbering up, food, then a meticulous check of his armor and shield before they are donned. It is as Baknar leaves to meet with Dr. Tsavis that many of the other guardsmen finally start to awake.

slugboy_73
2012-02-09, 12:06 PM
Do we know the other people that the doctor invited?

Chained Birds
2012-02-09, 01:16 PM
Maxwell

"What's with the questioning look? Do you feel so high and mighty that my mere presence upsets you?"

The bandana wearing man seems very annoyed at the moment.

slugboy_73
2012-02-09, 01:48 PM
"No sir, I feel nothing like that. I am just wondering why you, a person I am not familiar with, is following me though the town. I do not wish to offend you, but I hope you can understand how being followed can make a person uncomfortable.

Sorry for the double post!!

Chained Birds
2012-02-09, 06:37 PM
Maxwell

"Oh, you're wondering why I've been following you all this time? Because you looked like a cleric of some non-evil god, that's why. And a cleric like that would know where a good aligned temple might be so I can pander to the priests for a remedy for my hangover.
So I figured if I followed you long enough, you would eventually lead me to a temple of some sorts, but instead you wandered around aimlessly window shopping. I guess my luck is a horrible as ever..."

His expression changes immediately from one of irritation to that of sorrow. With a heavy sigh,

"And here I wanted to look my best for my latest job with that Dr. Tsavis fellow."

THEChanger
2012-02-09, 08:57 PM
Boris
Boris awoke to the wet nose of Cordan brushing up against his own. He smiled at the small mammal, and gave his friend a small scratching behind the head. "Good morning, my small friend. It is good to see you too." Stretching and giving a long yawn, Boris pulled himself out of his sleeping bag and began to get dressed. He still had yet to reach Twinbrook proper, having camped in a small grove just outside of town. But Dr. Tsavis was waiting for those he hired to arrive, and Boris didn't want to keep a possible employer waiting. "Marcus! Fix your mask. No need to scare the townsfolk just yet." The skeleton did as he was bid, and Boris finished packing the rest of his belongings onto Ruda's cart. "Come, friends. It is time to go seek a new adventure!" And so the strange group made their way towards Twinbrook, Boris humming a merry Silver drinking song under his breath as they walked.

Rising Phoenix
2012-02-09, 10:52 PM
If you are natives to the area, you may very well know each other. up to you :). I corrected the dates. You still have 14 days until the celebrations

You leave your sleeping quarters. The market stalls are now opening around the blank stare of the Thinker’s Statue. It will be a warm day and thawed puddles soon attract the attention of five to six year old kids, too young to attend classes yet. A game of “Red Eyes” they are playing (a hybrid of tag and hide and seek) and this rhyming tune cheerfully sing:

“From them you hide;
In ditch, tree and meadow.
And time you bide;
From the twisted shadow

The eyes are red
They see you now,
When you go to bed
They whisper about the morrow
That tomorrow you’ll be dead.

They see passed fleshed stone
And hallowed hall.
They see through begging tone
And stature small-tall.

Red eyes;
He comes for you now!
Red eyes;
She brings your fate in tow!
Red eyes;
It hunts you now!”

If you were raised in this town chances are that you played this too, but foreigners are likely to find this tune a tad too creepy. Red Eyes is the Savid equivalent of the bogeyman used by parents to scare their children from sneaking out of bed, but give me Knowledge (Religion and/or Local) rolls for you may know more.

zlefin
2012-02-09, 11:18 PM
not used to writing floridly; so i'll stick to basics unless inspiration strikes;

Tobbil wakes up with the sun, yawns lazily; and slowly eats some cooked meat. He lets the caravan chief know he's gonna be working on this problem of the doc's and may not be back for a few days; depending on what the plans are.
He gathers all his gear, and a days worth of dried food in case the day is busy; and then heads straight to the Doctor's.
Once there he'll check when discussion is going to happen; he'll then work on a shortbow while waiting. (not enough time to be worth processing craft checks).

Xaotec
2012-02-10, 04:52 AM
Valos moves on, cutting through the village to reach the doctors home, he sees the children playing and is amused, his thoughts turning for a moment to Red Eyes and the wonderful ability of children to make games of anything.
Knowledge: Local [roll0]

Deftly avoiding the running children he makes his way past the inn, spotting the aggrevated bandana-man from behind and catching the final bits of his speech.

At the mention of the doctor a thoughtfull look passes his face and he gives the two somewhat more than a cursory glance and speaks out.
Dr Tsavis you say? So he has asked you as well to help with his problem.

slugboy_73
2012-02-10, 07:50 AM
Agnar

Agnar's eyes widen a bit when the bandana man mentions the doctor. Well sir, I happen to have business with the doctor too. I am afraid that I do not know much about curing hangovers, but why don't we head over to the doctor's he may know something.

When the other human walks up, with the strange creature at his side, Agnar is taken aback a bit. He quickly regains his composure. It seems the doctor has been reaching out to quite a few people. The sun has risen a bit higher in the sky, shall we all head over to his home?

Chained Birds
2012-02-10, 11:04 AM
Maxwell

"I guess so. Oh, and seeing as how we'll be working together, the name's Maxwell. Even though I don't really look the part, I'm a very weak wizard who will probably die before ever getting a chance to use anything higher than the basic assortment of spells given to wizards upon completing their training.
Hopefully we'll all survive this job, but past experiences have taught me that someone will probably die."

Maxwell will join the other two in their journey to the doctor's place. While walking along, he'll be reading a small book on how to cure hangovers called "The Dwarven Cure."
Where did he get the book? Hard to tell really, as he doesn't even know where it came from.

Xaotec
2012-02-10, 11:34 AM
Valos nods, introduces himself and takes the lead towards the doctors home.

Rising Phoenix
2012-02-13, 08:00 AM
@Valos

You have studied Red Eyes no more than as a passing interest and apart from the bogeyman stories the only thing you can recall is that it is associated somehow to the goddess Pharasma.

Passing by the new temple of Iomedae those of you local to the area realize that the new circular dome is nearly complete, only the stained glass windows. A few locals greet you on the way out and a kid or two tug at Zalak’s fur playfully.

Entering the field you leave the town and its sound behind you. The farmers have started to till the fields, the land black, moist and bare has just started to acquire its spring attire of wildflowers. Hares are boxing near everywhere and a hunter passes you buy with 8 and a male pheasant stringed around his belt. Clearly the gods have been generous.

Tsavis’ practise, a white stone, rectangular, red shingled house in front of an even greater grey stone warehouse quickly comes into view. Though the vegetable patches have evidently been prepared for this year, the flower beds have been left wild, for some time it seems.

You are about to open the heavy black iron door when it slowly creaks open toward you. A large, grey shaggy dog exits followed by a very elderly, hunch backed human woman that’s kneeling strongly on a sturdy dark wood and iron stick. Dressed in a black blouse and skirt and worn black slippers her long snow white hair is kept in place my light mauve mantilla. He washed out grey eyes regard you carefully as her dog growls at you.

“Now, now Vashin... don’t be mean.” She says in a cracking wispy voice “Who...who are you? I am afraid that my poor eyes are passed this world and into the next” she cracks a toothless grin that’s broken by a single gold tooth.

[spoiler] Those of you that are locals immediately recognise her as Fatha Amir of the elder council[/psoiler]

Xaotec
2012-02-13, 08:17 AM
Valos speaks teasingly with a playful grin
"Oh now Elder, don't try and trick us that you are as feeble as you look"
He gestures towards the others
"Me and my new friends here have come to help the doctor with his little problem, I would introduce them but I don't remember their names."

Chained Birds
2012-02-13, 08:49 AM
Maxwell

"As no one will remember yours once you are dead and buried. The name's Maxwell, and I'm most likely too drunk to give a damn about whether anyone remembers my name.
It's not my real name any..."

He stares off into the distance, before looking back with an annoyed expression. He then takes out a worn book (His spellbook) and begins studying intently.

slugboy_73
2012-02-13, 08:53 AM
Agnar bows before the village elder, Good morning maam. I am Agnar Honorblade. Pleased to meet you.

Rising Phoenix
2012-02-14, 09:12 AM
Valos speaks teasingly with a playful grin
"Oh now Elder, don't try and trick us that you are as feeble as you look"
He gestures towards the others
"Me and my new friends here have come to help the doctor with his little problem, I would introduce them but I don't remember their names."

The elder weakly smiles "I had mild heartburn that is all Valos, I plan on living for a while bit longer! Good to hear that you are doing well... but 'friend' is not a title that should be gifted onto others quickly-" she has more to say on the matter but Maxwell's rude comment stops her

Maxwell

"As no one will remember yours once you are dead and buried. The name's Maxwell, and I'm most likely too drunk to give a damn about whether anyone remembers my name.
It's not my real name any..."

He stares off into the distance, before looking back with an annoyed expression. He then takes out a worn book (His spellbook) and begins studying intently.

"Ohohoho! That may be so... but how do you plan to be really remembered if even your real name you choose not to use? Or is it that you do not want to be remembered at all? hmmm?" she takes a moment to breath and heavily leans on her walking cane "but you don't need to answer this old hag's questions since, as you say, I won't be remembered at all... and neither will you. Such is the nature of time"

Agnar bows before the village elder, Good morning maam. I am Agnar Honorblade. Pleased to meet you.

"Now this I can get used to! Such a fine dwarf gentleman. It is a pleasure to meet you too Agnar. I am Fatha Amir, member of the elder council... though perhaps I am too elder to offer sound council these days. ohohoho."

she turns to to everyone now.

"So tell me, how do you plan on taking care of these lizardlings and too mischievous for their own good forest kids?"

THEChanger
2012-02-14, 08:05 PM
Boris approached, whistling merrily as he walked down the path to Dr. Tsavis' dwelling. The tune to "Red Eyes" was a catchy one, and Boris enjoyed the song the children sang. Cordan also seemed to take to the tune, bouncing up and down his friend's arms. Ruda and Marcus marched obligingly onward, not seeming to react to their companions' exuberance.
Approaching the group who had already assembled, Boris waved in greeting. "Hello! The name is Boris Caldecourt. I fancy most of you are here to lend the good doctor a hand with his pest problem?" He bowed to the elderly woman leaving the house. "Though, my dear lady, perhaps this adventure is a mite dangerous for one so fair as yourself. May I ask as to your name? I am new to Twinbrook, and do not know everyone I should."

zlefin
2012-02-15, 03:36 AM
Tobbil sees the sizeable assembly and walks near. (but this'd be after the old lady had talked to the others; just trying to move things along by assuming I come in here). He'll stand near the edge of the gathering; and whenever it seems proper to do so he'll speak; 'Tobbil; here for the job for the doctor'

userpay
2012-02-15, 11:06 AM
"Bankar Ironbreaker reportin in mam." The dwarf says as he walks up to Fatha. "Commander gave me leave tae look intae that little matter."

Rising Phoenix
2012-02-16, 07:05 AM
Boris approached, whistling merrily as he walked down the path to Dr. Tsavis' dwelling. The tune to "Red Eyes" was a catchy one, and Boris enjoyed the song the children sang. Cordan also seemed to take to the tune, bouncing up and down his friend's arms. Ruda and Marcus marched obligingly onward, not seeming to react to their companions' exuberance.
Approaching the group who had already assembled, Boris waved in greeting. "Hello! The name is Boris Caldecourt. I fancy most of you are here to lend the good doctor a hand with his pest problem?" He bowed to the elderly woman leaving the house. "Though, my dear lady, perhaps this adventure is a mite dangerous for one so fair as yourself. May I ask as to your name? I am new to Twinbrook, and do not know everyone I should."

"Ohohohoho, fair, feisty AND ferocious in my younger years dear boy" she says pleased "As I was saying to your fine group, I am Fatha Amir of the elder council"

Tobbil sees the sizeable assembly and walks near. (but this'd be after the old lady had talked to the others; just trying to move things along by assuming I come in here). He'll stand near the edge of the gathering; and whenever it seems proper to do so he'll speak; 'Tobbil; here for the job for the doctor'

"Welcome honourable Tobbil, your people are always welcome here... I've always wanted to visit your mountain home... Are things well up there?"

"Bankar Ironbreaker reportin in mam." The dwarf says as he walks up to Fatha. "Commander gave me leave tae look intae that little matter."

"Yes, I've heard good things of you from Amanda's fair spoken lips. We are always so very grateful for her protection. She's also rather adamant in how to deal with our little problem matter here. Do you share her views? That question I ask to all of you"

((OOC: You know that Amanda wants to eradicate the tribes))

slugboy_73
2012-02-16, 07:48 AM
Agnar

Yes, I think they should be wiped out. My clan has stories of similiar tribes that were left unchecked and they grew to large numbers and caused great havoc.

zlefin
2012-02-17, 02:27 AM
Tobbil bows
"Honorable elder; the mountains do well. As to the problem,
Taking out a clan would take quite a bit of power; we don't have enough here; and we'd need a fair bit force to get it down safely; even, there'd be casualties. Since they're only raiding but never attacking, i'm not sure it's worth escalating; though we can't dissuade them from attacking without at least some violence; a good strong warning, with a few captured and returned may suffice."