PDA

View Full Version : Need helping choosing Spells and Items for NPCs

kco_501
2012-02-09, 08:43 AM
Hello!

Players and DMs of the Playground, I need a little help:

To be more precise I need the spells prepared for 3 NPCs I plan to pit against the players in my campaign tomorrow and do not have the time to comb the books at the time.

My players are:
Cleric Asmodeus 3,
Psion Egoist 3,
Swordsage 3,
Binder 1/Beguiler1/ Anima Mage 1
Warblade2/ Fighter 1
They are the epitome pragmatic evil “We get stuff done” party, very good in following orders from their boss but stranded on a different plane and trying to get home. The party is highly optimized and the players are able. We’ve been successfully ignoring CR for years now ☺.

The NPCs:
Dwarf Artificer 7, INT 22
Dwarf Wizard 5, INT 20
Dwarf Archivist , INT 18, WIS 18

The three are researchers looking into breaking into the players PlanarTravelShipPlotCoupon(TM).

They are the leaders of the research team and are working for the Great and Xenophobic Dwarven Empire. The rest of the team are mooks <expert 1-2>.

As a civilization they are cruel, sadistic, vengeful and slave-taking.

The artificer is a brilliant but proud and arrogant Lex-Luthor type, with an obsession to get into the ship and many tricks up his sleeve.
The wizard is a obese really sick sadist, delighting in inflicting pain.
The archivist is a planner and a thinker, always preparing for the worst.(Think batman with an evil twist.)

They can have wands, scrolls and potions with them.

I am imagining a fight where the dwarfs debilitate, injure and try to take the PCs captive/out of the battle to enslave rather then killing/blasting them. Their higher spell slots will be offset by arrogance and an initial underestimation of the PCs abilities.

I will be grateful for any suggestions about spells/magic items for these fine gentlemen. I own most books, so I would be grateful for spells/magic items and a short reference where I can find them and what they do. If you need additional information, I can try to provide it.

Thank you, A DM with a big time problem!