PDA

View Full Version : [4E] Grandpre Academy - Ace Investigations

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Dekkah
2012-02-09, 01:09 PM
Item wish l;ist (2013-09-27)
+2/+3 Gambler's Suit Clothing (Level 6/11)
+2 Periapt of Cascading Health (Level 10)
Illusionist's Gloves (Level 9) or Antipathy Gloves (Level 10)
Eyes of Charming (Rare Level 6)

Personnal Quest :
1) Regain his full witchy powers and learn some new rituals
2) Bring down the Coloured Daggers Guild (could be a group quest, but it is important to him personally).
3) Find Kallik and try to get him to return to Bord-Eau.
4) Restore your broken soul
5) Fulfill Bill Prophecies

DM
Continued from Grandpre Academy, Group 2 Part 2, post 335 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224051&page=12)

July 13, 1500, Dusk :

Ace help the soldiers to gather the prisoners in one group. When Ace enter the office, the prisoner who is awake face brighten for a few seconds, until he sees the guard enter behind Ace, aparently realising he have been fooled.

When everyone is ready and the prisoners have been tied up together, captain Beaudoin say,
"Alright man, lets bring those rascal to they new homes... Lets move."
You leave with William, the other captain, 15 soldiers and the 9 prisoners, leaving behind about a score of soldiers with the lieutenant to take care of the warehouse.

Your start walking at dusk into the city. You walk in main streets most of the time, which draw the attention of the citizens, but none are daring enough to try and stop or ask quesitons to the convoy. After a good 15 minute walk, night have fallen and you arrive at the barracks.
William give Ace a releived smile and Yves start to give a few orders to his mens to put the prisoners into jail. While everyone is so busy, William speak to you softly,
"What do you want to do next? Shall we leave or stay here?"
Ace can sense that William is thinking about his own duties that he left to come to the heroes call.

This thread is for Ace story Arc.
If your playing Grandpre Academy second group game and are not Ace (Shadow_elf), you should not be reading this! :smallwink:

Shadow_Elf
2012-02-09, 01:59 PM
Ace
You may return to your own district, my friend; I know you have other duties to attend to. I think I might pay Commander Ulbert a visit, however; how would I go about that?

Dekkah
2012-02-09, 02:10 PM
DM
William nod to Ace,
"Alright, I sure wont mind some time to check on my own duties. I expect you to come see me later to tell me what happened in that office, so I can write that report for Yves and the commander. As for meeting the commander, he is quite a busy man and doesnt receive everyone. I think Yves plan to go meet him after he is done ording around here, to check your prisoners claims."
William look at the other captain slowly doing his duties, he can only give Ace a small knowing smile,
"If you prefer not to wait, I could write you a note that should let you see our leader."

If you decide to go on your own, William ask for some ink andf paper and write a note that he rolls up and seal with a ring that was on his left hand.
He direct you to the market District, giving you some direction to get to the Main militia buildings (will take about an hour to get there)

Shadow_Elf
2012-02-09, 04:00 PM
Ace
Judging by the progression of events here, if I wait for the good captain Beaudoin, I will be delivering my report to you at midnight! laughs Ace quietly. If you could give me that writ that'll get me to see him, I'd be much obliged, he says more seriously, fetching the captain paper and ink.

Dekkah
2012-02-09, 05:07 PM
DM
With the sealed letter, Ace leave the militia barracks and head for the main office. The streets are calm, as they usually are since the goblin attack. People do their buisness at a silent and grim pace. As anticipated, getting to the militia headquarters takes Ace about an hour.

The place is fortified, with an high wall, but the large double door are open, even at this hour. As Ace enter the inner walls, he spot a few soldiers training with wooden sword what look like new recruits. The kids are quite young and Ace realise that with all the troubles, the need is bigger and they have to take, or maybe even force, all the help they can get.

Ace walk accross the training ground toward the main building door. As he enter, a old man behind a desk beside the door spot him and say, placing his good arm front of Ace to stop him here he is. The man apear to have seen battle, where he lost one of his forearm.
"What buisness bring you here at this hour young man?"

Shadow_Elf
2012-02-10, 12:16 AM
Ace
Good evening, kind sir. I am here to speak with COmmander Ulbert; I have a writ here from Captain Brasseur that should let me see him. It pertains to issues of the city's security.

Dekkah
2012-02-10, 11:22 AM
DM
The old man look at Ace curiously, looking him form top to bottom.
He takes the letter and break the seal. After reading the note, he nod you you.
"I presume you are Ace. Take a seat there and wait."
As he point a small waiting area, you takea wider look at the room your enter for the first time. It is quite large and minimally decorated. To your eyes, it look more functionnal and made with defense in mind, in case someone would attack the place. There is only two door leading deeper into the building that are circled with iron and are closed.

There is two other mens, soldiers who are standing beside the door, on guard duty. The old man rise form his desk, and walk by the man on the left opening the door,
"If someone enter, have them wait for me Jim."
With that, the man pass the doorframe and close the door behind him.

Ace wait for about 5 minutes for the old man to return and say to Ace before return to his own desk.
"The commander will meet you shortly. Someone will come to get you to him when he is ready."

An other 10 minute pass by before a young man comes from the same door the old man used. Looking around, he spot you and move toward you,
"You are Sir Ace right? Follow me."

You follow the young soldier. On the other side of the door, you enter an other small room, surely built with defense in mind again. From that room, you enter an other corridor, lined with many door. The young man stop by one door, knock once.
"Come in.", reply a deep voice from inside.

The young man open the door and let you inside. You enter a simple room, with a table, four chairs, and no other features, except an other door behind the Commander.

Commander Ulbert is a tall and muscular man that have seen at least 40 winters. A think brown beard cover his face, contrasting with his bald head. He doesnt wear any armor right now and only carry a nicely crafted longsword to his belt, paired with a dagger of the same quality. He stand very strait, sure of himself and say, his voice and tone matching the weight of his autority,
"I am Commander Marcus Ulbert. I dont usually met with citizens, but you have been recommanded by William Brasseur. He doesnt state the reasons for this in his letter, but I do trust his judgement. Why are you here?"

Shadow_Elf
2012-02-10, 11:43 AM
Ace
Thank you kindly for seeing me on such short notice, Commander. I am here because Captain Brasseur and I are concerned that certain parts of the militia have been compromised. My team an I found food stolen during the siege stored in the old district. The leader of the thieves referred to himself as Green, an insisted he was working for you, sir. I wanted to confirm with you that he is lying.

Dekkah
2012-02-10, 12:01 PM
DM
"That man is liying. Why would I command someone to steal food? And in time like these?"
While his tone is not agressive, you can sense that you probably insulted the man, by thinking he would do that.

Shadow_Elf
2012-02-10, 12:15 PM
Ace
He was implying the food was being kept aside until famine was particularly bad; of course, sir, I never believed him. He referred to you as General, for starters. However, since he's not on the militia payroll, it means some of the militia are on his. I'm sure you keep a tight ship, sir, but no organization is perfect. If Green's men moved this food through the streets, even during a siege some militia members would have had to turn a blind eye. I was wondering if you'd accept my help sussing out the less scrupulous members of the Watch.

Dekkah
2012-02-10, 01:22 PM
DM
The commander keep his gaze locked with Ace's for a few moment. His demeanor never really change, apparently calm and in control of himself. He fnaly say, "Those are serious"matters" you speak of. It takes gut to come and tell me my ranks have corruption among them. But I am not blind nor fool enough to think it isnt a possibility. I dont really have time to deal with this, and I dont think this corruption run really deep, but we never know. So if you want the job, you got it. You seem to have Captain Brasseur trust, so I'll leave it to him to supervise your investigations. Report to him, unless you find out he his implicated. Will this be all?"

You can see that the man like to get to the point, and realise you did well to speak to him bluntly.

Shadow_Elf
2012-02-10, 01:44 PM
Ace
You can rely on me, Commander. I'll go deliver my report on tonight's events to Brasseur now. Captain Beaudoin will likely be here soon asking what you want him to do with Green and his men. Is there some sort of document, sir, that you could give me that would allow me to question members of the militia? I wouldn't want to have to refer them to you or Brasseur each time I ask some questions, especially since I will be doing a lot of investigating outside Brasseur's district.

Dekkah
2012-02-10, 01:53 PM
DM
"William shall be able to provide you this autority. Tell him to come see me tommorow morning with your report. I'll breif him then on what we discussed here and what I expect of him in this matter. your dismissed."
The commander turn around and head for the second door of the room.

Shadow_Elf
2012-02-11, 06:02 PM
Ace
Thank you for your time, Commander. You will be receiving my regular reports from Captain Brasseur. Give my regards to Captain Beaudoin upon his arrival. With that, Ace tips his bowler hat, revealing his red bandana, and then departs from his office.

He walks across town to Brasseur's office, taking the shortest route. Upon arrival, he enters and asks to see Brasseur. Take your time; he's likely had enough of me tonight, and I have plenty of time to wait.

Dekkah
2012-02-13, 11:58 AM
DM
Ace wait for William in the port district militia main room about half an hour before William is redy to meet him. During that time, a few soldiers came here and there, but nothing much happened.

The captain greets Ace and lead him into his office.
"So, I suppose you met the commander. What did he have to say?"

Shadow_Elf
2012-02-13, 05:52 PM
Ace
Green was indeed trying to buy time; he is not in the employ of the militia. However, Command Ulbert reluctantly agreed with me that Green must have bought members of the militia to pull of his heist; he has agreed to let me run an investigation into the matter, reporting to you. He said you could provide me with some manner of document that would let me question guards without hassle? We can worry about that after I deliver my report, however. What would you like to hear first, Captain?

Dekkah
2012-02-13, 06:42 PM
DM
The captain take a few blank sheets and pull out a feather, ready to note.
"Let's start at the beggining I guess. How did you find out about where to find the food?"

Shadow_Elf
2012-02-13, 07:36 PM
Ace
When my companions and I left the other day to investigate some ruins outside of town, I left associates of mine in the Thieves Guild to manage our investigation here in the city. Anticipating a reaction from Brasseur on that point, he raises his hand. They may not see eye to eye with the guard, but the Guild loves its city, and was determined to clear their name of this heinous theft. I used their desire to have their name cleared to get them to help us out, that is all. Their investigation led them to the warehouse through solid leads, and our party met them there tonight. He pauses then, so the Captain's writing can catch up and he can return any comments before Ace proceeds.

Dekkah
2012-02-14, 08:47 AM
DM
The captain Brasseur finish writting, which takes him a few more seconds and look at Ace thanksful for the pause. Ace can see that the man does keep his opinion to himself about the thief guildand simply say,
"And then what happened?"

Shadow_Elf
2012-02-14, 10:14 AM
Ace
The Vistani sorcerer continues his account. Next, we decided we had to infiltrate the warehouse to learn more. We waited for someone to exit; in this case, by the sewer entrance. We subdued them quickly, and questioned them. Monique, whom you met earlier, is an expert illusionist; she disguised herself as one of the captives and she led me into the warehouse, where I convinced Green I wanted to work for him. In this discussion, he seemed very comfortable with the criminality of his scheme. Obviously, my act wasn't perfect; he suspected me, and so began moving crates after I left, while he interrogated Monique in her disguise. The noise from the crates made Bolerum, who was posted outside, think Monique and I were in danger, so he stormed in through the window. He pauses again to give time for Brasseur to catch up and add anything.

Dekkah
2012-02-14, 10:41 AM
DM
"So your plan never was to bust them out forcefully like that then. It only happened because Bolerum thought you were in trouble and reacted to that. What were you planning to do after , if it had not dissolved like it did?"

Shadow_Elf
2012-02-14, 06:21 PM
Ace
Before entering the warehouse, I had the Guild dispatch a messenger to reach you. Unsure if we could trust local militia, we wanted you to organize the guard to secure the premises peacefully. However, when battle broke out, we had no choice but to finish what we had started. I apologize for Bolerum's brashness, I would say it won't happen again but I cannot guarantee that, haha.

Dekkah
2012-02-15, 10:16 AM
DM
William shrug and laugh a little,
"No real harm came out of this I guess. From what you say, he even prevented the thieves to move the food away, which is kinda good I guess. In any cases, mens of action will always stay mens of action., so you cannot make promise for others."

THe man pause for a second, then look at the paper again, add a few notes, then ask,
"After you took control of the warehouse, what did happen?"

Shadow_Elf
2012-02-15, 10:24 AM
Ace
We bundled up the surviving prisoners and decided to wait for arrival. However, the good lieutenant and his squad reached us first, and telling him we worked for you didn't seem to help our situation. Is there some sort of history there, Captain, if you don't mind my asking?

Dekkah
2012-02-15, 10:52 AM
DM
The captain shake his head slightly, not too surprisd at Ace statement and quesiton,
"Yeah, we've got some history here. I am not to surprised he didnt react too well when you told him about our 'association'. To tell you the short version, three years ago, when the previous captain of this district retired, Steve thought he would become the new captain here, we all kinda thought so, as he was the man who have been working in this district for the longest time. You see, I joined this militia only 6 years ago, coming from somewhere else..."
Ace can see that some past memories comes to the captain as he say that, sad memories. William then keep tellling his story, pushing the thoughts away,
"I guess they took my prior experience into account, or maybe they didnt like the over zealous attitude of Steve, but in the end they chose me instead as new captain. I guess I dont need to tell you that Steve didnt take this too well. He was bitter, kept opposing me and doing trouble from that point. After some time, I transfered him to the old district to reduce our interactions."

His story completed, the captain return his focus to the report he have to write and ask,
"From what you previously told me, you did interrogate the mens while you waited for us. What did you learn from them?"

Shadow_Elf
2012-02-15, 01:08 PM
Ace
Yes, we did. Green tried to convince us that he was working for the militia, but when I spoke to him under cover, he was rather frank about his criminality. When I brought up that both the Guild and the Watch were after him, he boasted that he had contingencies to deal with both. So, we didn't exactly believe him, but his goons thought they were working for the guard, so we couldn't immediately reject his claims. Shortly have Steve arrived with his patrol and we had our unfortunate standoff, Monique and Bolerum spotted some wererats asking for Green's orders. We baited them and their human handlers into the main warehouse and subdued them. This pair of humans seemed to know more about the real nature of Green's operation, and they were the ones who suggested that some militia in the city must have been bought off by Green. He pauses again for the captain to catch up and pose any questions.

Dekkah
2012-02-15, 01:21 PM
DM
William nod grimly,
"So now we are sure Green doesnt work for the militia like he claimed. You think he did fool some of his mens from what I understand, that they really beleived they were working for us right? I'll note the named of those who seem to know the truth and those who dont, or take their description at least to help our own interrogations."
William note the details about the mens then ask Ace,
"After you captured the wererats, you found out about the tunnel they were planning to use to move the food away right? What do you know about it?"

Shadow_Elf
2012-02-15, 01:32 PM
Ace
Not much, really. I know that there is a temple of Tiamat down there that also contracts the wererats; I don't believe the temple is connected to Green, but I could be wrong. I questioned the priest at the altar a few days ago, and he seemed not to know about the theft. Apart from that, I don't really know what awaits them down there. I am sure they will have a report to give when they return from their exploration.

Dekkah
2012-02-20, 10:47 AM
DM
The good captain nod grimly to Ace,
"So there really is a Tiamat cult within the city. I've heard the rumors, but never seen any signs about it. You seem pretty sure that they are not linked to the theft, but do you think that they could be a dangerous for the city? Should we go take care of that temple?"

Sorry, I could not see your post (forum glitch). I just noticed that you replied already.

Also, I find it a little funny to ask this qeustion, now that you kinda one shoted the priest with your other caracter :smalltongue:

Shadow_Elf
2012-02-22, 12:54 AM
Ace
In my opinion, the cult itself is not a threat. If anything, it keeps some of the greedy merchants and nobles in the city somewhat in line. The wererats that are on contract with the cult, however... they are feral, stupid and deadly. A dangerous combination, if I may say so. They are certainly involved in Green's schemes, and they may be a threat to the city's people overall. If it is deemed necessary to eradicate them, I would be happy to lead the guard teams to their position.

Dekkah
2012-02-22, 10:24 AM
DM
William write down the new informations,
"Well personnaly I havent heard much complains about the wererat, but they live in Yves district, not mine. I'll rely him your offer about leading guards to remove them, but I dont think it will happen. You see, Captain Beaudoin is the kind of man who deal with the problems as they come, so unless he already have a lot of trouble with these rats, he'll leave them be until he have enough to make him act."
The man scratch his chin and ask the sorcerer,
"So you think the some of the guard is implicated in this? Do you have any idea who it might be? And how do you plan to procceed to do this investigation anyway?"

Shadow_Elf
2012-02-26, 04:34 PM
Ace
I don't want to step on any toes in the city power structure, but I am almost certain some members of the guard have to be on Green's dole. We found a document on Green's person that might help me; I don't know what it means yet, but I may find out with time and a touch of luck. To start, I'd like to question guard lieutenants in Yves' district, since that one is the district most likely to be compromised. I won't start until tomorrow morning, when I can perform some proper divinations to get me on the right track.

Dekkah
2012-02-27, 10:15 AM
DM
The captain nod, apparently realising how late it is.
"Yeah, we've got a long day. I think I have about everything I need to finihs my report, un less you have something to add. I'll run it by Yves and then I'll go see our commander. I guess he will let me know what he expect of me in your investigations. Come see me again tommorow, a few hours before lunch."

Shadow_Elf
2012-03-03, 09:01 PM
Ace
I shall see you then, Captain Brasseur. Have a peaceful evening. With that, Ace departs and heads back to the inn where the group has been staying. Waving amicably to the inn keeper, Ace orders a small plate of food and some water and sits at a table in relative silence, waiting for his companions to return.

[OOC: At this point, Ace needs to rendezvous with the rest of the team and talk about their next move. He also wants to request permission to spend group funds learning some new Divination rituals. Also, since it was conceivable that the group might find objects they needed to carry down below, I assume Ace passed the bag of holding to Ashe before the group split up (which is what the group is now using to take the dragon's hoard.]

Dekkah
2012-03-15, 08:19 PM
DM
Ace reach the Inn without trouble and wait for his allies.
Continued in http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224051&page=17, post 490

Shadow_Elf
2012-03-19, 08:22 PM
Ace - Previous Evening
As his friends head off to bed after their long day, Ace heads out with the group's bag of holding to make some evening errands. He first stops by the Temple of Erathis, hoping he can purchase instructions for some ritual magic and also have an enchantment transferred to his jacket to confer additional protection. He knocks on the temple door.

Dekkah
2012-03-20, 07:18 AM
DM
After a few moments, a young priest answer. Ace state his buisness and the priest order can indeed provide these services.

If you want to roleplay it, we can (if you have something else in mind than simply having these few services.
I'd like to know what ritual you want to purchase? They might not have all of them (exemple : they dont have the bardic ones).

Shadow_Elf
2012-03-20, 05:10 PM
Ace
Hello, I'd like to see the High Priest, if he's not too busy. I've information that may interest him, and some purchases to make with your arcanum while I am here, he says, tipping his hat to the young priest.

Ace would like to purchase a Ritual Book (50 gp) Last Sight Vision (100 gp) and Read Omens (100 gp). Assuming I can use my cards as the 50+ gp focus requirement for Read Omens, the only other thing I need is to have the Resist Fire enchantment on the Scale Mail transferred to Ace's clothes.

I would like to RP this because the priest specifically asked us for anything about the temple with the undead (and because maybe, just maybe, he'll give me a discount on my purchases in exchange for the info).

Shadow_Elf
2012-03-21, 11:39 PM
[OOC: Bump, in case your subscription didn't update. I know there's been issues with that of late.]

Dekkah
2012-03-22, 08:51 AM
DM
The young priest, nod and say,
"I'll see if he is avalable. What is your name."
After receiving the name, he guide Ace to the waiting room and heads to see if the high priest will receive Ace.
After about 5 minutes, the young man return and say,
"Come, the High priest will receive you now."
Ace is led into the temple, up to the high priest office. The door is open, and the young man motion for Ace to enter.
As Ace moveinto the room, he see the high prierst sitting on the other side of a desk and the man look up.
"Good to see you are back, and in one piece Ace. Take a seat."
The man swipe his hand toward a wooden chair in front of him.
"So, what was in those ruins you fiound out?"

Sorry, forum glitch...

Shadow_Elf
2012-03-22, 10:15 AM
Ace
Well, the ruins were in fact full of undead. An enchantment on the ruins caused our life to be drained to fuel the return of the undead. We were able to resist it with an effort of will. The ruins were of a Temple, dedicated to Bane, in fact.

Dekkah
2012-03-22, 10:20 AM
DM
The priest look a little surprise at first, but then he seem to ponder your revelation.
"I did heard some rumours about some Bane order acting in this area. Could it have been their cult place that you found? Did you find any priest or followers there?"

Shadow_Elf
2012-03-22, 11:31 AM
Ace
No one had been living there for quite some time. Everything we faced was undead. There was a dark magical shard used to deface the altar which was the source of the necromantic magic.

Dekkah
2012-03-22, 11:39 AM
DM
"Ok, so this isnt linked to the Bane cult we have heard of around here I guess. Is the shard still in there or did you dispose of it? I'd prefer if that kind of magic was contained, if not destroyed. It is never good for civilised land when necromancy is involved."

Shadow_Elf
2012-03-22, 11:56 AM
Ace
Ace withdraws the shard of the statue. Removing this from Bane's altar seemed to dismiss the dark magic. I felt you and your priests would be better suited to analyze it, so I brought it back, he says, placing the hunk of stone on the desk. There was fresh blood on the altar, but we learned that the necromantic magic was keeping it fresh, it doesn't necessarily mean that someone was there recently.

Dekkah
2012-03-22, 12:28 PM
DM
The man quickly inspect the shard, then put it aside and say,
"We will investigate and analyse this. Thank you for checking out that place and securing it. When things get less hostile outside, I'll send a delegation to inspect the area and make sure it is clean of any evil. You did a good deed for Bord-Eau here. While the goblins are the immediate treath, an undead filled unholy temple sure would have been a problem eventually.
Is there anything else I can help you with?"

Shadow_Elf
2012-03-22, 02:14 PM
Ace
Yes, actually. I had hoped to obtain instructions for certain ritual spells while I was here... I've recently taken up divination magic, and I am looking to make a spellbook and learn the Read Omens and Last Sight Vision spells. I don't suppose I could learn those here? He pauses for a moment. Ah yes, and I've a magical suit of scalemail whose enchantment I need transfered to my clothing. Can I do that here as well?

Dekkah
2012-03-22, 02:45 PM
DM
The priest smile at Ace,
"The two rituals you speak of are known to me. I can teach them to you. I never learned how to transfert magical propreties though. You'll need to go find a magician for that. I am sure there is at least one shop which does this in the market area. I usually charge some supplement money for our church to copy our rituals, but you did a good service to us. I'll teach them for free and let you the need inks for a decent price. When do you want to do this?"

Note that the market price is listed as componenets to scribe the ritual. You get the ritual for 75 % of its market price.

Shadow_Elf
2012-03-22, 02:57 PM
Ace
Thank you kindly, Your Eminence. If possible, I would like to do it tonight, but I can stop by tomorrow evening if that is preferable.

That makes it 75 gp per ritual, plus 50 for the book unless that's discounted too.

Dekkah
2012-03-22, 03:58 PM
DM
"We can do it right now if you wish. I was done for the day, but tommorow morning I already have a lot on my plate anyway."

The man lead you to his inner study and start teaching you the rituals.

No discount on the book - he have it though. And you can use your card as focus -I have no problem... they are worth mor than 50 GP anyway with their enchant)

Shadow_Elf
2012-03-29, 11:26 PM
Ace
Before setting out for his meeting with Brasseur, Ace decides to use his rested mind to put his newfound powers to the test. He shuffles his deck and performs a card reading, thinking the question Who, except Green, might hold the key to unlocking this message? before he turns over the first card.

Dekkah
2012-04-02, 09:57 AM
DM
July 14th, 1500, Morning :

Having spend par tof the night at the Erathis temple to learn his rituals, Ace wake up late in the morning and realise he only have about two hours left before noon and his meeting with Zorana.

Still he takes his fresh mind to read the card. As he flip the cards, the sorcerer enter a trance and his movement are half concious, half reflexive as he place the card on the table. When he is done he blink a few times and look at the pattern of the card on the table. Ace shake his head a little to clear his mind and realise that some riddle is playing in his head over and over.

A colored knife can cut throught the message in an heartbeat.
A sharp mind can peirce the code in a count of a few more beats.

Shadow_Elf
2012-04-02, 12:58 PM
Ace
Committing the knowledge to memory and vowing to think on it more when he hasn't got pressing meetings to attend, Ace gets ready for his day and heads to Brasseur's office for his appointment there after grabbing a quick brunch in the inn.

Dekkah
2012-04-03, 01:33 PM
DM
AS Ace reach the militia barracks, he bump into the captain Brasseur who is walking out.
"Sorry - oh , hi Ace. Good thing I ran into you, I almost forgot that we had to meet this morning."
The man look a little embarassed it, but still keep talking,
"Can we discuss as I walk to the north gate? I have to go see one of my men there. Much happened yesterday night, as you may have learned from the rest of your group. Do you still plan to do the investigations on the militia for the Commander?"

Shadow_Elf
2012-04-03, 09:54 PM
Ace
No problem at all, Captain. Yes, I do still intend to conduct my investigation; I am determined to root out whatever might have infiltrated the guards and extract it.

Dekkah
2012-04-04, 09:57 AM
DM
William nod and smile at Ace reply,
"Good. As you know, I've got a new job since yesterday and you'll be pretending to work for me as a recruiter. We actually dont plan to use the militia ressources, but people do not know that yet. You can pretend we're looking for motivated individuals with certain talents or something along those lines. Here is some official papers to back you up in case some quesiton your autority. Of course, you're not really working for me, but if you still notice some potential leaders among the batch, let me know, we probably will need to find a few solid leaders for what is to come."
The captain give some papers to Ace with the city seal and captain Brasseur signature.

Note that I played William beleiving you knows what is happening (he does since he talked to your friend sooner this morning). I am not sure, but I dont think Ace talked with the others since last night adn probably dont know what other job he just got... might be wrong .

Shadow_Elf
2012-04-04, 01:49 PM
Ace
The Vistani smirks. A nice bit of subterfuge there, Captain. By the way, is that still your rank? I've heard whisperings that the Watch is building a militia army, and that you've been put in charge, he replies, taking the papers and tucking them into his bag of holding... then, remembering that he gave that to Ashe, simply tucks the official forms into his jacket.

Dekkah
2012-04-05, 08:54 AM
DM
William shrug at Ace interrogation.
"I dont know yet. I am in charge of organising this new army, so I guess I should title myself general, but I kinda feel I'd give myself too much importance and promote myself."
You can feel that William is uneasy about this point.
"Beside, this army will be small and temporary, nothing to do with the one in Torres. I'll stay captain for now and we will see after all this is done what the city decide to do with the army."
William smile at Ace. The sorcerer can see an huge change in the captain attitude from the first time he meet him during the goblin raid. He always appear in control and competent, but now there is a glimmer of excitement in his eyes, making him look way younger than before, at least in his attitude.

"Also, we are not working for the watch anymore. The commander was in charge of choosing someone to build the army, but he wont participate in this now that I've got choosen, thanks to you and your friend by the way." He give a sincere smile and small wink to Ace before adding,"We will collaborate, but we dont command them and they dont command us."

Shadow_Elf
2012-04-06, 12:00 PM
Ace
The Vistani sorcerer nods. Alright then, Captain. I'm working for your army now, officially, right? Is there anything else I should know? I've another appointment to keep this afternoon, says Ace, sensing that the Captain is in a hurry.

Dekkah
2012-04-12, 11:26 AM
DM
William smile at Ace,
"Yeah, you can say that to fit your purpose. Still, you are free to act on your own as you please. While these papers give you enough autority to question the guards, dont try abuse them. It wont give you access to everything, like militia official documents. And be careful not to piss off too much people, like Lieutenant Bernier. Take care and come see me when you know more, at the main militia barrack in the market district. We will train ou rookies and organise things there."

The captain salute Ace and keep going toward the north gate.

Shadow_Elf
2012-04-12, 02:40 PM
Ace
The Vistani salutes the Captain smartly, then heads off to his rendezvous with Zorana. En route, he stops by at the magician in the marketplace, and pays to have the Scalemail he's been heavily lugging around reduced so the enchantment can be applied to his clothing, giving him some protection against fire.

Dekkah
2012-04-12, 04:13 PM
DM
Ace pas by the city known enchanter shop and drop the armor and a nice set of clothing for the encahnt transfer. The merchant tell Ace to come back in an hour or so.

The sorcerer then head ot his meeting with Zorana at the Old Sailor Inn.
As the Vistasini enter the room, he spot Julian, at his usual table. Zorana is with him, talking quietly.

As Ace walks toward them, Julian wave to hm and say,
"Ah! There you are. How was your night?"

Shadow_Elf
2012-04-14, 01:28 PM
Ace
He smiles as he sees Julian and Zorana. Busy! I have been learning a few divination techniques from the High Priest of Erathis; they should help with the investigation to come, explains Ace, taking his seat at the table with the two thieves. How are the two of you this fine morning?

Dekkah
2012-04-15, 07:45 PM
DM
Julian smile,
"I am fine thank you."
Zorana manage a weak smile as well, but you can see that she is exausted.
"I am doing alright, just a little tired. The night was kinda long. I spend the night, and most of the morning perched on a rooftop, looking at a granary."
As she say that, she strech herself a little.
"Quite a boring job when nothing happen you know. But at least, I am sure no one tried anything fishy. It is the same with the other granary from what Sofia told me. I dont think theives would be foolish enough to try and steal the food during the day, but we did not take chances and posted some people of our own to watch over them. what happened for you with the guards, you did escort your prisoners to the Old district office , as far as I know. Anything good came out of this?"

Shadow_Elf
2012-04-15, 08:03 PM
Ace
Thank you, Zorana, for your dedicated vigil. I rest easier knowing nothing untoward happened at the granaries. And yes, I saw to it they were all locked away properly. On top of that, I've been given a position in the new army that Bord-Eau is forming, in a capacity to interview potential recruits from the Watch. The real purpose of the job, however, is so I can weed out the corrupt guards that let Green get away with his scheme. I'll be starting my interviews this evening; if you've any suggestions on where I should start, I'd be glad to have them. He takes off his bowler hat and hangs it on the back of his chair. Have either of you eaten yet? I've been running all over town this morning, so I haven't had anything since the meager rationed breakfast, he explains, with a smile.

Dekkah
2012-04-16, 09:38 AM
DM
Julian smile,
"We were actually waiting for you."
Julian rise his hand, giving the barman some signal for food.
"And for your other quesiton, I'd start with the middle gate guards. Some food have been stole in this district, and it was stored on the old district. These thieves had to cross the inner wall somewhere."
Zorana nod,
"I did ask our sewer expert. He is sure that they could not have used the undergrounds to do that. There is a few sewers that link up, but none that could easyly be used to get that much food over. Our expert even made sure by checking these few possible access and there is no traces of recent passsage, at least not for that purpose. So unless they used griffons or flying carpets, I think Julian is right. They must have used one of the three inner wall gates."
Some hot food is brought to you by a waitress. JUlian smile and wink at the girl and the two thieves start to eat.

Shadow_Elf
2012-04-16, 10:50 AM
Ace
The sorcerer thanks the waitress and then begins eating as well. Very well; I will start at the middle gate, he agrees, between bites. Is there anything else I can do for the Guild? I feel like I owe you one, for all your help in snaring Green.

Dekkah
2012-04-16, 11:15 AM
DM
Julian smile and say,
"Not at the moment, but it is always nice to have some 'indebted' people in our line of work."
Zorana also smile at Ace ,
"Dont worry, if I do need something I'll let you know. And so you feel even more in debt, we will keep watching over the granaries for the next few days."
Her smile turn into a grin and she wink at the sorcerer. Her face return more serious, as she quickly finish eating her lunch .
"I'll inform you if anything happen, but right now, I need some sleep if you dont mind."

Shadow_Elf
2012-04-16, 11:39 AM
Ace
I used to run a traveling casino. Believe me, I know all about debts and favours, he says, with a knowing grin. Go get some rest, Zorana. I think I will head over to that gate to start my "recruiting", adds Ace, wiping his mouth with a napkin and deftly replacing his bowler hat atop his head. I'll see the two of you later. We should play cards some time, Julian - I haven't had a good game in days, he finishes, taking Zorana's hand and kissing the back of it before tipping his hat and leaving the bar on his way to the gate the thieves mentioned.

Dekkah
2012-04-16, 12:08 PM
DM
Julian smile and simply say,
"Anytime on the card game. Come tonight if you want, I have a few friends that like to come loose their money to my pocket coming here tonight."
As ce kiss Zorana hand, she blush a deep crisom and divert her eye, which pull out a small laugh from Julian.

Ace heads out of the Old sailor Inn and heads toward to middle gate between the two district. As he come by the gate, after a little less than an hour walk,, he spot two guards keeping watch and the doors are completly opened. The two guard look bored out fo their mind. They do look at the people who cross their gate, but it doesnt look like they care much.

Shadow_Elf
2012-04-16, 03:33 PM
Ace
Putting on a winning smile, Ace approaches the guards. Hello and well met, my friends. I am the Ace of Spades; you may call me Ace. I've been asked by the Bordeian Army to interview members of the guard for potential recruits. I don't suppose the pair of you are too busy for a few questions?

Dekkah
2012-04-17, 10:41 AM
DM
The youngest of the guard look at Ace suspiciously, puting his hand on his sword pummel,
"There is no army in this town citizen! Who are..."
The other man, whom seem to have seen many more winters quickly put an hand on his partner shoulder,
"Calm down Mike, didnt you hear the rumours? The city council decided to form an army, at least that what I heard this morning."
The man look at his friend and look a little surpised,
"What for?"
After about a second, the young man shake his head and clarify his question before he get an answer,
"I know it is for the goblins, I mean why form an army, we are here to defend the city."
The old man shrug, but you know he have his opinion on the matter, but still turn to you,
"The rumours didnt say about that, but that man probably can tell us more, as he works for that new army. What is happening exactly young sir?"

Shadow_Elf
2012-04-17, 11:00 AM
Ace
The sorcerer suppresses a chuckle at the "young sir", since his magic keeps him looking young, but he supposes that the elder guard refers to everyone as "young". The Council has decided an army of civilized folk is needed to combat the greenskins. My task is to interview members of the Guard to find potential candidates for the army. I have my official documentation here, sir, if you'd like to see it, explains Ace, taking out the documents the Captain prepared for him. Did this gate see much action the night of the goblin raid? asks Ace as the older guard inspects his documents, making sure to check for any dodgy answering of his question.

Insight: [roll0]

Dekkah
2012-04-17, 11:38 AM
DM
The mens look at the papers, then the elder speak first.
"I dont think so, but it was not my shift on the night of the attack. I was home and ended up fighting goblins and the market district streets, where I live."
The other man nod,
"SAme here. I was asleep home when the scum attacked. I live naer the south wall, so I reported there. We defended it, well we tryed, but some hobgoblin band kinda kicked our arse, hard. For some reason, they didnt kill any of us though, they just beated us hard, Erathis be praised. Even when they came back to exit the city with their loot, probably some food, they simply knocked out those who dared interfer."
The man look a little ashamed to tell you this.

You dont detect anything. They appear honest

Shadow_Elf
2012-04-17, 12:01 PM
Ace
Thank you very much; do you know where I might find the guards of the other shifts at this post? I'm trying to finish one post at a time so I can keep all the numbers straight in my head, says Ace, with a cordial smile. There's no shame in being defeated by a strong foe, sir. I lost a friend the night of the attack in a street fight; he fought well, but so did our enemies. You win some, you lose some, adds Ace, reassuring the younger guard.

Dekkah
2012-04-17, 12:06 PM
DM
The eldest man give a pat on the man shoulder,
"See kid, even strangers say you should not be ashame of it. Beside, these hobgoblins did beat the whole group of soldiers there, not just you."
The man then reply to Ace,
"Well their shift start after dinner time. They should be here at their post."

Shadow_Elf
2012-04-17, 12:15 PM
Ace
The Vistani bows and tips his hat. Thanks for your help, gentlemen. If either of you has interest in joining the Bord-Eaux army, please visit Captain Brasseur for an interview with my recommendations, says Ace, with a smile.

Over the course of the day, Ace visits several other posts in the Old District and the area around it, talking to guards and, when he sees experience, like the elder guard at the first post, or zeal, like the younger one, he recommends them for an interview with Brasseur. After dinner time, he aims to be at the gate again for the second set of guards.

Rather than roleplay talking to every guard in the old district and the adjoining districts, I thought I could just make some broad statements and make some skill checks. Do you want to run it as a Skill Challenge, or shall I just roll some dice and RP the meeting with the next set of gate guards?

Dekkah
2012-04-18, 11:24 AM
DM
Ace got the feeling that none of those mens are really interested in joining the army and wont bother with your invitation.

AShe then goes by the west gate. The guards there are a little bit less cooperative. None of them learned about the army preparation and they give you the feeling your disturbing their work. But thanks to Ace quick wit and charm end up cooperating at least minimally to Ace satisfaction.

The east gate meeting goes way better as one of them recognise Ace from the goblin attack night. The man was at the north tower and got rescued by the heroes. The guards answer the sorcerer question openly and even inask a little about the rumour about them finding of the food.

Ace then go at a small tavern to take his meal and await the shift change.

Ok, now is the time to roleplay the night shift questionning (which I assume will be different that day shift one.
How do you approach these (and where do you start: east, middle, west gate?)

Shadow_Elf
2012-04-18, 11:48 AM
Ace
Beginning at the east gate where the day shift gave him such a warm reception, Ace intends to work his way around, going to the middle gate second (where he really wants to go, since that's where his prime suspects are) and hitting the west gate last.

Unless Ace turns up information about Green at the East gate, I am happy to just handwave that on his way to the middle gate, where the guards might actually be the ones I am looking for.

Dekkah
2012-04-19, 08:33 AM
DM
As the vistasini approach the guards, the two mens stop chatting among themselves and ask bluntly, with a tone that clearly make Ace feel he is disturbing them.
"What do you want citizen?"

A skill roll might be interesting for you with your next post :).
The skill roll depends mostly on how you wanna deal with this / how you retord to them (Intimidate or Diplomacy)

Shadow_Elf
2012-04-20, 01:44 PM
Ace
Greetings, my friends. I am Ace, a recruiter for the Bord-Eaux army. I've been asked to interview guards for potential positions. Here are my papers, sir, he says cordially, handing his documentation to the senior guard. I'd just like to ask you a few questions, and then I'll be on my way.

Diplomacy: [roll0]

Dekkah
2012-04-23, 08:47 AM
DM
One of the guard look quite surprised and frown.
"I've got told they wont take us guards in that army, did taht change?"
He takes your official paper and inspect them, passingit on to his partner.
"These looks real. What do you want to know?"

Shadow_Elf
2012-04-23, 12:20 PM
Ace
Well, to begin, I'd like to know what sort of action this gate saw during the raid, to get an idea of how things went here at this gate. The pair of you were on shift during the raid, yes?

Insight, to see if they are covering up their account:
[roll0]

Bluff (shouldn't be a very high DC, given the language Ace is using) to cover up what Ace is really asking about when he talks:
[roll1]

Dekkah
2012-04-26, 09:02 AM
DM
The man nod,
"Yeah, we were here when the cursed goblins attacked. But they never got up to this gate. We actually didnt see much action here at all, only a few scared citizens returning to their home."

Sorry for my slow answers, I had a lot on my plate lately.

FOr your insight stuff and all, assume that you dont discern anything weird (they look honest) if I dont tell you otherwise when you roll insight.

Shadow_Elf
2012-04-26, 10:49 AM
Ace
He nods. And you didn't leave your post to help the fighting in other districts? he asks; there is no judgement one way or another, just a simple question.

Dekkah
2012-04-26, 11:28 AM
DM
The other man answer frowning a little at the unintential insult Ace implied,
"Of course not. We were on duty, leaving the gate unprotected is unacceptable."
The other man add,
"Beside, we had no idea what was really happening. I mean we knew the city was under attack, just not by whom or what at that point. So we closed the gates and checked the few people who wanted to go to the other district, as we should."

Shadow_Elf
2012-04-30, 11:40 AM
Ace
Ace nods. Of course! Leaving this gate would be completely unacceptable; you did the right thing, sirs, he replies with a smile. Especially since I heard that human smugglers used to invasion as a diversion to move goods through the city; if you hadn't been here, they might've used this gate as a thoroughfare for their nefariousness! he adds, as if he's relating some gossip to cover up his inadvertent insult.

Sorry, took me a while to decide how I wanted to play this :smalltongue:. I think I found my in, though.

Dekkah
2012-04-30, 12:59 PM
DM
The younger of the two nod,
"I heard about that food thing. I got told they found it yesterday, in the old district. Well if that food was from the Docks it sure didnt pass here. We did our job well."
You can feel that the man is indeed proud of his work and that he is probably speaking thrutfully. His partner nod and ask out of curiosity, and possibly with a little suspicion on his part.
"What does it have to do with your work anyway?"

Shadow_Elf
2012-04-30, 05:51 PM
Ace
Oh nothing, just some barracks gossip, you know, he says with a sheepish grin. Thanks for your time, gentlemen. Have a nice shift, he says, tipping his hat and heading off to the next gate.

Dekkah
2012-05-01, 10:13 AM
DM
As Ace ileave, the two guards look at each others curiously, but say nothing.

Ace travel to the next gate without incidents. As he reach it, the two guard chating about their last gains at card games. When they notice Ace, one of the two turn up and smile to Ace.
"Good night sir, what can we do for you?"

Shadow_Elf
2012-05-01, 05:21 PM
Ace
Evenin', gents, says Ace with a tip of his bowler hat. I'm a recruiter for the new Bord-Eaux army who's been tasked with chatting up members of the current Watch for potential additions. I don't suppose you boys could spare a mo'? My documents are right here, he says, holding out his papers for the guards to see.

Dekkah
2012-05-02, 09:05 AM
DM
The second man give Ace a smile,
"Sure, why not?. It isnt like we're really busy here anyway."
He doesnt even look at the sorcerer papers.

Shadow_Elf
2012-05-02, 09:27 PM
Ace
The sorcerer smiles. Well for starters, I'd like to talk about the night of the goblin raid. What happened for you then?

Dekkah
2012-05-11, 11:24 AM
DM
The smiling man shrug,
"Well about the same as anyone else. We heard the city alarms, not really knowing what was happening. We did hear from some people later than it was goblins, but none brought their ugly face here. A sad thing, I would had loved to introduce someof these my blade, if you get what I mean."

Ace keen sense notice that the second man look doubtious at Ashe and also a little nervous about how the meeting is turning out.

Shadow_Elf
2012-05-11, 02:53 PM
Ace
Eagerness, that's good, but it must be tempered with duty. I trust you held your post during the raid, despite the appetizing goblin faces you no doubt wished to redesign with your sword? says Ace; his manner is non-threatening and casual, as if he were a book keeper recording simple facts on a ledger.

Shadow_Elf
2012-05-18, 09:54 AM
[OOC: Bump, in case you missed my last post.]

Dekkah
2012-05-29, 09:57 AM
DM
The man man keep smiling and nod to Ace,
"Of course, we kept our post here. We could not really go chase goblins in the district and leave the door. "
Suddenly, you see that the man realise something and look a little embarassed as he admit,
"Well we stayed here most of the time. I almost forgot, but at some point during the raid, we did hear someone call for help down there, from the side alley."
The man spot an alley about 50 feet to the west.
"We did not know yet what was going on, but after a few seconds, the woman cries became histerical and we could simply not ignore them anymore. We quickly closed the gate and rushed to the alley. A group of drunk thugs had cornered a young woman and were intimidating her. We came in just as one of them grabbed her. We simply could not leave her to her fate. We had to intervene, wouldnt you had as well?"

Ace notice that the second man appear a little bit disturbed and surprised by his partner recollection of the night events. He quickly regain from those feeling and become more neutral, but you sure there is something bothering him. He seems to have become suspicious about you, but simply keep silent for now.

Sorry buddy, I had seen the reply.... I just didnt have time lately to reply to this... as for the IC game, I'll try to spur things onward more now... as most of my real life loads of works and stuff are done now.

Shadow_Elf
2012-05-29, 11:06 AM
Ace
Of course, I would certainly have done the same! How very chivalrous, sirs. He turns to the second guard. Is something wrong, sir? You look troubled.

Dekkah
2012-05-29, 12:10 PM
DM
The man look surprised and reply,
"Wha- no. There is no trouble."
The man try to smile, but it doesnt look sincere at all.
The second man look at his partner then walk over and put an hand on his shoulder.
"I know I promised not to talk about it Jack, but he doesnt work for Captain Beaudoin."
As he say this, the man seem to have second thoughts and ask in an uncertain tone,
"You dont, right?"
Jack simply say in hushed tones,
"I sure hope your right Bern, I dont wanna end up cleaning the cells."
The sorcerer, having spotted a flaw in the second man, keep most of his attention on that man. While the nervous man try to jump in the flow of discussion Bern is keeping, you realise there is something fishy about all this.

Shadow_Elf
2012-05-29, 01:35 PM
Ace
Please, don't be embarrassed! Thugs are like vultures during a raid like that, and it is the Watch's job to put them in their place. The sorcerer grins his winning smile. I know the two of you like your post well, but I think the city could really use your expertise and judgment training the militia recruits. I would like you both to report to Captain Brasseur at your earliest convenience, he says, writing and signing a quick pair of documents for them. Brasseur runs the militia now, and strictly doesn't work for the Watch, so Captain Beaudoin need never hear of your heroism, if that's what you prefer.

Dekkah
2012-05-30, 09:48 AM
DM
The second man nod his thanks, "Yeah, Id prefer that," and try to appear releived, but you get the feeling this is all fake.
"I'll consider your offer. I guess the army pay would be better than the guard one right?"

Shadow_Elf
2012-05-30, 11:18 AM
Ace
We haven't exactly worked out the pay yet, but I think the added risk would warrant higher pay, yes. You can discuss it with Brasseur tomorrow morning. The Vistani tips his hat. Have a good shift, gents, and remember to report to Brasseur and bring those sheets I signed you.

With that, Ace heads back to Brasseur's command post, to see if he can find Marius or the Captain himself to deliver his report and his findings.

Dekkah
2012-05-30, 12:07 PM
DM
Ace have no trouble to get to the city main barracks. Once there, he sees Marius at work training or maybe evaluating new recruits. The human nod to Ace, but doesnt have time to come see him. At the front door, Ace is oriented toward William new office.

Ace heads there and find the new army leader organising his new office, which was probably some meeting room. The man doesnt seem to have noticed Ace yet, as he is struggling with an heavy box.

Shadow_Elf
2012-06-06, 01:25 PM
Ace
Good eve, Captain. I don't suppose you need a hand with that? asks the Vistani, noting the box William is struggling with.

OOC:
I swear I replied to the thread, but either my post was eaten or I forgot to hit submit and closed the window, or something. Sorry :smallredface:.

Dekkah
2012-06-06, 01:44 PM
DM
The captain turn around, a little surprised, but give Ace a smile.
"Nah, I am alright. I am settling in right now. So how was your day? Found anything of interest?"

The man remove a box from the second chair in the room so Ace can take a seat.

It is alright, I meant no pressure... it simply happen that I cannot see a post until someone else post after.

Shadow_Elf
2012-06-06, 02:58 PM
Ace
I think I have found the Watch men who let Green get the food into the Old District. I have told them they are to report to you about joining the militia; when they come and hand you the papers signed by me, you'll know its the men I found today. What do you want to do with them, once they get here? I am almost certain they weren't telling me a true account of the night of the raid at the gate, but I haven't let on that my interview wasn't about joining the militia. I suppose we can question them directly, but if its the wrong men, then this mummer's farce of ours is done when they start gossiping with their friends, and we lose our hope of catching the real rats.

Dekkah
2012-06-08, 10:06 AM
DM
William listen to Ace.
"When they turn in, I'll question them myself. If they are not the one you seek, well I'll simply rally offer them a post in the army and keep them busy here. At worst, I can justify imprisonning them somehow."
The captain simply shrug. He look a little guilty about his last comment as he imply he would charge them with fake accusations simply to keep them to go babble around.
"Good to see your making some progress. what are you planning to do next?"

Shadow_Elf
2012-06-11, 11:45 PM
Ace
The Vistani laughs. Tonight? I've got a card game to attend with some friends. Tomorrow, I will probably head here to see what you got out of the guards I sent you; after that, I'll head to Beaudoin's dungeon and have some words with Green. Is there anything I can do to be of service to the militia?

Dekkah
2012-06-12, 09:53 AM
DM
The captain nod with a smile,
"Good plan. But dont waste your steps going at the old district quarters. Green have been transfered here today and we have been interrogating him. He didnt-"
A single knock on the open door behind Ace intterpt William. As you both look at whom it is, you realise that it is Commander Ulbert weapon in hand that knocked. He look at Ace for a few seconds with a slight suspicious touch in his eyes, but he seem to remember who you are and turn to William saying,
"One of the guard just found one of our jail watchman dead and our new prisoner assassinated. We are locking up and searching the whole place, but it look like a professionnal job and I fear that the assassin is already gone."
You see two armed guard go by in the corridor behind the commander.
Keep your eyes open.
The commander then head down the corridor with his mens.

It is quite funny that you say that you wanted to interrogate Green, considering this scene :smallbiggrin:
I almost posted this in my previous post, but decided to let you talk a little with william first instead... I must say it is even better.... dramatic like it would in a movie!

Shadow_Elf
2012-06-12, 10:53 AM
Ace
Though he is initially shocked by the suddenness of the news, Ace quickly recovers. I have a spell that will show us Green's killer, says the Vistani. Bring me to his body, and let's see of I can't solve this murder quickly.

Wow, quite dramatic! At least this gives me a chance to use my newly learned Last Sight Vision ritual!

Dekkah
2012-06-12, 11:13 AM
DM
At Ace words, the commander stop and tell his mens,
"You two go secure the front door."
He then turn back toward Ace and William.
"So you are a wizard then? William, I assume that you trust this man?"
William look at Ace and simply say,
"I dont know him that well, but I do trust him. I'll have you note that he was among the ones that captured him in the first place. He probably simply could had killed him there and then if that was what he wanted."
The commander nod and Ace realise that he probably already came to that conclusion when he first have seen you in there.
"Alright then, you both come with me."
William pick up his sword and you both start to walk in the corridors of the main building. You note a few group of sldiers that are methodicly searching the rooms.
"How long will it take and how will this work exactly?" ask the commander.

Shadow_Elf
2012-06-12, 11:31 AM
Ace
Not quite a wizard, but the Vistani know ritual magic, especially divinations. I'll need ten minutes to prepare the body; I won't need components, I can improvise without them. When I'm done, I'll see the last moments of Green's life, through his eyes; lets hope he at least glimpsed his killer.

Last Sight Vision; No component cost (Vistani Seer, 1/day)

Arcana Check: [roll0]

Depending on the result, I see the last X rounds of his life:

Results: 19 or lower; 2 rounds
20-29; 4 rounds

Dekkah
2012-06-12, 02:08 PM
DM
The militia leader nod to the Vistasini. The group keep walking inside the building, taking a few stairs down toward the jail area. Once Ace enter the jail area, he is led toward the west ward area. William explain Ace that this area is used to isolate dangerous criminals and to interrogate them. Once in the west ward, Ace immediatly spot the guard corpse, covered with a linen blanket atop a large pool of what probably is his own blood. The guard doesnt appear to have struggled at all and fell right where he have been attacked as there is absolutly no traces of blood going anywhere from his corpse.
"That was that "Green" man cell."
Ace come up to the door and immediatly notice that the key is in the lock and the door have been left open, either by the killer or by those who found him dead. He then spot Green cropse, hanging limp from the wall by chains tried up to his wrist with handcuffs. He appear to have suffered many injuries of different nature, some physical, some from elements.
The commander take the ring of keys in the lock and offer them to Ace,
"The smaller key should unlock the handcuffs. If you need a cleaner room to do your magic, there is an other empty cell right there."
The man point a closed door on the other side of the corridor, the only other one in this section.

ASI asked in OOC, does the ritual give only the image, or does it also give the sound..... I kinda need to know that before I post what you see.
Also, if there is other stuff/search/skill check you want to do, just roleplay, then roll them.

At worst, I'll check home tonight for the ritual description.

Shadow_Elf
2012-06-13, 10:30 AM
Ace
Here will be fine, Captain. Ace draws a card from his deck and begins to trace runes on the walls and on the body with the card's edge. The runes appear in glowing magical form, since he is performing the ritual without exotic chalks and powders. After about ten minutes of preparation, he sits and closes his eyes. When he opens then, he sees and hears the end of Green's life.

OOC:
I get the visual and the auditory parts of the last 4 rounds of his life. I replied in the group OOC thread, but I did so in the same post as where I made Jieung's AoO, so it might've gotten lost.

Dekkah
2012-06-13, 02:39 PM
DM

You are tied up to the cell wall as the door open in front of him and a young blond soldier with blue eyes enter the room, leaving the keys into the lock. The soldier wear the regular militia uniform with no rank at all and probably some low rank watchman.
You hear yourself say,
"So your boss want to interrogate me again eh?"
The young man smile to you and reply,
"Not really."
As he say so, he rise his hand forward and a weave of cold energy errupt from his hand and slam hard again you making bump against the stone wall and loose your footing and hang down completly on your arms. As you regain your footing, the agressor summon a ball of black and purple energy that you recognise as a chaos bolt and send it flying your way making you cover in pain. As you finaly regain your footing, the young man is walking forward drawing his dagger with a serious face and suddenly vanish from your sigh.
You say, "WAIT RED! I can-", but suddenly stop speaking as the young man reappear on your right side. You see him pull out his bloodied dagger from neck. As the light turn into darkness, you hear the man say,
"Your contract have been terminated."

The vision have been quick and violent, but when Ace open his eyes, he does remember having see the young man leave the front door as he came in the building to report to William about 20 minutes ago.

Shadow_Elf
2012-06-13, 02:57 PM
Ace
The Vistani gasps, sucking in air as he leaves Green's senses and returns to his own body. A blonde boy, in militia garb. He left A I was entering to deliver my report, I recall. Earlier today, I performed an Augury about a coded message of Green's. I learned that a colored knife could cut through the code in seconds... I thought the cards were just coyly referring to Green Dagger, but I think there are others. Before he died, he Valle the boy "Red". And he was a sorcerer; I recognized his Chaos Bolt, and what might've been dragonfrost.

Dekkah
2012-06-14, 11:32 AM
DM
The commander rise an eyebrow in surprise,
"A blond young guard? That might be Derrik. He was actually the other guard in charge of the jail area today, with Bornath."
The captain face become sad as he point the guard covered corpse identifing him as Bornath.
"But Derrik is no mage... at least he never let us know he was one. He was ok with a blade, if only barely, but I've never seen him do anything magical. Are you sure it is him?"
The captain give a few more details about Derrick appearance and it all is fitting.
"Alright, I'll have his quarters searched. We will also search the whole place for him, even if you think he left already. Actually, William, I'd like a full report on who else might be missing for duty right now."
The captain aparently suddenly realise that William isnt part of the militia anymore, even if only temporary,
"Sorry, old habits, I'll..."
William rise his hand to stop the commander,
"I'll take care of it. I' have to account for my own mens too anyway. I'll go work with Lieutenant Benoit on this."

The captain look at Green corpse, then back to Ace and say,
"Thanks for your help, I doubt we would had that much details without you. It is quite sad as we didnt learn much out of him yet, beside the fact that he was from out of town and was likely working for some big organisation. What are you planning to do? How are you own investigations going?"

Shadow_Elf
2012-06-14, 01:00 PM
Ace
I've sent William two guards I think were bribed by Green during the raid. Maybe we'll get more answers out of them. Until we catch a break, I intend to study that coded message. With the Lady's luck, I'll crack it soon and we'll have more to work on. Be aware, sir, that the killer may not have been the militia boy. If Red Dagger is a sorcerer, he may have a glamor to change his face.

Dekkah
2012-06-14, 01:08 PM
DM
With Ace last comment, the commander only shrug,
"If that is the case, I pity that poor Derrik when we catch him. We will have to make sure if he is indeed theassassin or not... I doubt it will be pleasant for him. If we are done here, let get to our work."
William, who was waiting for you, tell you,
"Come with me, I'll have you accounted for and discharge of suspect list. I assume that you came directly to me from the front door? If that is the case, the front desk cleck should be able to tell you can in a few moments before it all happened."

If you dont have more questions for either or thing you want to inspect/do, you will get the clearance to get out after about 15 minutes.

Shadow_Elf
2012-06-14, 01:32 PM
Ace
After being cleared of any wrongdoing, Ace promises to meet the Captain tomorrow to check on his two suspects and departs. He heads to meet Julian and his friends for their card game.

Dekkah
2012-06-14, 01:47 PM
DM
July 15, 1500 - an hour before midnight.

Once out of the barrack, Ace had no trouble getting to the Old sailor tavern after an hour or so of travel in mostly empty streets.
As he enter the building, he spot a few familiar faces and spot Julian, at his usual table playing cards with 3 more mens. As the human spot you, he say beckon you and say,
"So you're finaly here eh? I told you hed came. Ace, this is James, Mark and berny. Guys this is Ace. Take a seat friend, I was about to take James money, if he follows of course."
Ace sees a good pot of money in play and James seem hesitant to bid.

Shadow_Elf
2012-06-14, 01:51 PM
Ace
How much coin do I need to put on the table to get a hand, Julian? asks Ace with a grin. He pats James on the shoulder. Don't worry, soon any money you lose to Julian will be lining my pockets instead, he jokes, winking.

Dekkah
2012-06-14, 01:57 PM
DM
"Initial bids are 1 silver coin, but you can drop as much money as you want on the table. Why should I limit you as I'll win it all.", jest the human back at Ace.

I guess we can narate this if it serve no other purpose than the card game.... (if not, just keep roleplaying)
you can roll a bluff check to see how well you fare.
You can also add theivery (Medium DC=12) check if you want to cheat. (be aware that failure on thievery can result in being caught).

Shadow_Elf
2012-06-14, 05:47 PM
Ace
The Vistani throws a gold coin on the table, with a smile, as the dealer includes him in the fun. I'm not one to shy away from a challenge, Julian. Lets see if you can put those cards where your mouth is, my friend.

Bluff: [roll0]
Thievery: [roll1]

Dekkah
2012-06-15, 11:35 AM
DM
The card game goes on for about two hours. You are pretty sure that Julian have let a few hands go to keep his three other friends morale high. But in the end, you and Julian clean them of all their money. But they had drink and fun and doesnt see to care too much about their lost. You are actually pretty sure it almost always end up like this. When the three take their leave, it is well passed midnight and you are did win some money from the three, but Julian took most of that profit away, making you end up with roughly your initial money.
"Good night guys, hope to see you again soon!
So my friend, shall I take what is left in front of you or do we call it a night. A one on one game isnt as fun as a multiple player one."

Julian rolled higher than you :smallbiggrin:... but not by that much... so you still have your 1GP, but Julian have the rest of the money that have been played.

If you wanted to talk about buisness alone with him, now is the time.

Shadow_Elf
2012-06-15, 11:54 AM
Ace
Well played, Julian. Lady Luck has deigned not to fill my coffers this evening; perhaps she will be in a different mood tomorrow, he jokes as he recollects his original gold piece.On the business end of things, I've ill tidings, my friend. Green Dagger is dead, assassinated in his cell this very evening. We think it happened at the hands of a sorcerer working for his organization. I believe he is the "Red Dagger", and he might be able to change his face with magic like my friend Monique. If you and your little birds hear anything about him, I'd like to know, says Ace, more seriously. Speaking of little birds, any word on the search for Tam, Baldric and Eliael today?

Dekkah
2012-06-20, 01:36 PM
DM
Julian lok a bit surprised by Ace ill news,
"Killed really? Havent it been transfered to the main militia quarters? Well thanks for the information, and I'll rely it to our people. If we get any information on this, I'll let you know. As for your missing friends, I have heard nothing yet. Actually, it have been quite boring since you found out the food for us. As far as I know, no one attempted anything on the new food storage location and everything is quite calm in the streets. I am actually a little embarassed that you learned before me of Green demise."

Shadow_Elf
2012-06-20, 04:09 PM
Ace
Yeah, it happened in his cell at headquarters. I only know before you because I was reporting to Captain Brasseur when it happened, so don't feel bad. He stands and pats Julian on the shoulder. I need to get some sleep, my friend. Good game, we should do this more often. If your little birds hear anything about Red, send those chirps my way. If it comes down to a spell battle, I want to be there to match him cast for cast.

Dekkah
2012-06-22, 10:54 AM
DM
Julian nod to Ace and smile,
"Well that explain how you learned about it before me! Fear not, if I get some more new, I'll let you know. Good night my friend."

With that, Julian rise and goes speak with the barman for a few moment before retiring to the kitchen.

When Ace move out, it is is a few hours past midnight.

Unless you do something else, you can simply narate your safe return to the Inn and move thing to the next day (you'll rise around 9AM to get your 6 hour rest). I'd like to know what you wish to do.

Shadow_Elf
2012-06-23, 12:24 AM
Ace
The sorcerer retreats to the inn and gets to sleep. In the morning, he performs a new divination with his cards.

Where should I go next if I want to track down Green's killer? he thinks as he begins turning and interpreting the cards.

After my extended rest, I will use Augury to ask the above question.

Dekkah
2012-06-27, 10:30 AM
DM
July 16th, 1500, 10 AM :
As Ace enter his trance, the room blur around him...

Suddenly, Ace find himself in some city alley. In front of him, the street split in 4 different directions.

To the left, you see a short corridor. In the middle of the corridor, you see Zorana walking on a tight rope over bottomless pit. She is dodging swinging blades and poking spears as she slowly walks forward. The part of the corridor to reach the tight rope look oddly safe enough.

The second corridor is quite long and seem to lead to the "Fil D'or" Inn, the same one you and Zorana found Brammeur doing buisness. In the corridor leading to that place, you spot many bodies laying on the ground and you can see some suspicious greenish fog floating in it.

The third alley appear endless to you and you see various feature carved into the walls. They look like various cities or areas of the continent, that you are sure of, but you cannot really dicern which ones they are. Sticked on every features, you see daggers of different colors.

In the last corridor, you cannot see a thing as darkness fill it like thick smoke. Some moaning voices, as if in terrible pain, can be heard fron that one.

After a few moments, you vision return to normal and you are in the same safe place you were when you started.

I am not sure if I translated "Fil D'or" before... to lazy to check for it right now.... that is the Inn where you found Brammeur (the man who lead you to Green). It is located in the Old district.

Shadow_Elf
2012-06-28, 07:16 PM
Ace
The Vistani stores the information for later, and gathers his belongings. Time to go find Zorana, or at least Julian; the cards would not lie, something is wrong and Zorana may be in danger, he thinks, mentally pushing his appointment with the Captain back so he can go visit the Thieves' Guild.

Dekkah
2012-06-29, 08:45 AM
DM
Ace urge himself to the Old sailor tavern. He get there an hour or so before lunch. As he enter, he spot Julian at his usual table, alone. Actually, at this hour, the tavern is quite empty, with only two sailors who decided to start drinking early this day.
Julian seem absorbed by paper in front of him and it is the barman who cough to get his attention then point you.
The young man smile and rise to his feets,
"Back so soon to loose the rest of your money eh?"

Shadow_Elf
2012-06-29, 03:20 PM
Ace
No time for games now, Julian. When I quested after Red Dagger with my augury this morning, I saw Zorana in danger. It was a very clear vision; where is she? The vision seemed to indicate that she'd be easy to find, but hard to rescue, he replies, the usual playfulness gone from his tone.

Dekkah
2012-07-04, 07:07 AM
DM
Julian joyous face turn serious in the blink of an eye.
"What do you mean you've got a vision of her in danger, are you a seer or something? She was fine this morning when I saw her."
He appear to think for a few seconds then add,
"I did tell her about "Green" death and that you wanted information on this. She did tell me she was going to look into this, then she left. I have no idea where she is right now, she is the one reporting back when she is done, as most of our people does. Usually she turn in for dinner, unless she does find something before that time. The best I can do is have some people look for her. "

Shadow_Elf
2012-07-06, 05:18 PM
Ace
In your trade, Julian, I am sure you've heard tales of the Vistani. My people mostly wander the roads further north of Grandpre, but their reputation is known. Those of the bloodbond are sometimes blessed with second sight, the ability to see things others cannot. I asked the cards where I might look next to find Green's killer, and one of the four paths I was shown depicted Zorana walking a tightrope while dodging projectiles and traps. I feel her search may lead her into more trouble than she can handle, and I would like to prevent that; at the very least, the vision indicates that she's on the right track, explains Ace, shuffling his deck nervously. I might performing an omen reading to help find her, but I'd like to check the obvious places first. Where might she have begun her search; would she dare to enter the militia barracks?

Baldric.... Eliael... Tam... Zelda, Nico... I am not losing anyone else... thinks the sorcerer to himself.

Dekkah
2012-07-09, 11:04 AM
DM
Julian face show some worries,
"Well she did seem quite motivated this morning as she departed. Still I doubt she'd dare enter the main militia barrack, even less after some murder have been done, as security probably have been risen. As for spots where she can be, I dont really know. She have contacts all over this district and even in some others, I know know much about them"
The young man ponders a few more moments then add,
"Maybe she would return for clues where you captured Green, or at the Inn where Green contact was. I know she often turn to Bartina for informations as well. She is the keeper of the Raven Queen shrine, whom Zorana consider as her adoptive mother. That are the obvious spot, other than that, she can be anywhere."

Shadow_Elf
2012-07-10, 03:49 PM
Ace
Brammeur appeared in another part of my vision... but whether that means he is related, or perhaps a different avenue, I am unsure. I will begin with the priestess of the Raven Queen. I know it is a lot to ask to commit your manpower based on a vision, but if your Guild could help me find her, we might be able to prevent the indistinct peril I foresaw.

Dekkah
2012-07-11, 10:34 AM
DM
Julian nod to Ace,
"I'll pass the wod around. The Raven Queen shrins is located in the Old district cimetary. Look for Pelor temple, from there you should be able to see the graves and the shrine with the godess symbol. Zorana have a few hours lead on us, lets just hope she didnt already have gone to these obvious spots."

At that, Julian rise, say a few words to the barman, then go into the kitchen.

Ace leave and heads to the old district area. He travel quickly and is unoppossed at the gate between the districts. After about an hour, he comes into sight of the Pelorian temple. Looking around, he spot the Raven Queen shrine in the middle of the graveyard. It is a small building made of plain grey stones and is quite simple in design.

The sorcerer walk onto the path leading to the shrine, passing by some old man digging a new grave. He reach the shrine and enter the main opened door leading into the praying. A simple statue of the neutral godess is located in the far end of the room. Other than that, the room is completly empty. The only other feature is a closed door with a lock into the left stone wall.

What do you do?

Shadow_Elf
2012-07-11, 04:55 PM
Ace
Cursing the Lady's push that no one is immediately available, Ace decides to try knocking on the door.

Dekkah
2012-07-11, 05:01 PM
DM
Ace knocking receive no answer at all.

assuming you check the door is locked.

Shadow_Elf
2012-07-11, 05:13 PM
Ace
Knowing he could probably pick the lock, but that it probably wouldn't get him anywhere but in trouble, Ace decides to head over to the Fils D'Or instead, not wanting to waste any more time here.

Dekkah
2012-07-12, 09:37 AM
DM
As Ace heads out, the gravedigger look up and say taking the opportunity to take a small break and whipe sweat from his face,
"That was quick mate. Were ya here to pray or tha see the priestess? I'd assume tha later, well yar out of luck, she left not too long ago."

Shadow_Elf
2012-07-12, 09:13 PM
Ace
I did want to speak to the priestess, actually, on a matter of some urgency. Do you know where I might locate her?

Dekkah
2012-07-12, 09:43 PM
DM
The old man shrug,
"I dunno where they've gone sir, but I do not expect her back soon. Ya see, she left with her young friend and their buisness, whatevar it is, usually take time. But I'm pretty sure she will be back around dinner time, as we have to bury that dead man they brought this morning. Speaking of which, I better return to my diggin, if I want to be ready for it."

The old man take a sip of water then start digging again.

Shadow_Elf
2012-07-12, 10:31 PM
Ace
Somewhat reassured that Zorana has a priestess of the Raven Queen with her, Ace smiles, thanks the man and tips his hat, then hurries off towards the Fils D'Or.

Dekkah
2012-07-13, 10:20 AM
DM
Ace make it to the Inn in less than 15 minutes. As he approach the place, he notice some young man motioning for Ace half hidden in a side alley. The sorcerer remember having see him sooner and while he doesnt know his name, he knows he is part of Julian crew.

Shadow_Elf
2012-07-13, 10:53 PM
Ace
The sorcerer surreptitiously moves over to speak with the thief. Any news? he asks as he enters the alley.

Dekkah
2012-07-16, 10:16 AM
DM
The young man lead Ace in a side alley and tell him,
"Nothing much. It have been quite boring to watch this place since we've captured that dude for you. I've seen our fearless leader this morning and she told me to warn the gang not to meddle in that Inn. Apparantly she is doing some investigation right now. While you're not part of the gang, I guess this might apply to you as well."

Shadow_Elf
2012-07-16, 05:04 PM
Ace
You mean Zorana is in there right now? he asks, trying not to let relief creep into his voice.

Dekkah
2012-07-16, 08:55 PM
DM
The young man shake his head, Nah, she left a few hours ago, that is actually when she told me to warn everyone about staying away from the place....
The young man was about to add something, but apparently change his mind.

Shadow_Elf
2012-07-16, 09:47 PM
Ace
There's something you're not telling me. Where did she go next? I'm afraid she might be in danger.

Dekkah
2012-07-17, 09:02 AM
DM
The young man look a little embarassed and say,
"Well, your not from our group, I dont know if I should..."
The young man ponder for a few seconds then suddenly seem to realise what you said,
"You think she is in danger? I guess she do trust you... When she left, she also told me to keep my eyes open for a young tall blond man wearing an blue coat and hat that may come out of the Inn after her. I was to try and follow him, but not push my luck in any way. If I had the impression I was spoted or if he would go somewhere we consider dangerous, I was to come back here and resume my watch."
The young man look at the Inn and add,
"I did not see anyone fitting the description leave yet. As for where Zorana left to, I dont have a clue."

Shadow_Elf
2012-07-17, 04:56 PM
Ace
Cursing his ill luck, the Vistani has a thought. Continue with Zorana's orders. If you see her, tell her Ace is looking for her. In the meantime, I have to consult my deck...

Ace takes a seat on a nearby bench and begins perusing his deck for answers.

Read Omens Ritual - 5 minutes. To decide whether entering the Fils D'Or would be a good decision. According to the ritual description, you have to roll my Arcana roll in secret.

Dekkah
2012-07-18, 01:38 PM
DM
The young man look at Ashe with interest at first, but quickly get bored and return his attention to the Inn.
After 5 minutes of reading the cards, Ashe feel a little drained but get his answers : It will some good fortune, but also some bad.
I dont have the ritual exact wording, but I beleive it cost you a healing surge to perform it.

The result is good and bad result (equal)... I think it is written as weal and woe in the descriton of the ritual.

Shadow_Elf
2012-07-18, 07:12 PM
Ace
Ace sits and considers the result for a moment. Weal and woe together... I cannot help but think that the woe is for Zorana's safety if I enter that Inn... but the cards said I'd find both in equal measure. If going in truly does put Zorana in greater danger... then the benefits would have to be significant. So, perhaps it is my own safety the magic addresses... looks like I've made up my mind. Having justified his decision to himself using his interpretation of the ritual, the sorcerer enters the Fils D'Or.

Dekkah
2012-07-19, 11:33 AM
DM
As Ace push open the Fil D'or Inn door, the few patrons inside look at him for a few seconds, from what you can tell simply out of curiosity, then resume what they are doing. The Inn itself is quite luxurious and would rank in the best establishment you've ever seen, and a few notch above any other you know in Bord-Eau. The place count 15 tables and a long bar that could easyly accomodate 80 clients. There is also as stage on the north wall for entertainments. There is also many high quality and value decoration all over the palce : paintings, candeliers, decorative weaponry and virious other nice items.
Right now, there is a few clients eating lunch. Two old mens, probably some merchants by the look of their clothings, are eating a small meal.
You also spot a lone man reading throught some scrolls, probably some official city paper from the look of them.
At an other table, a group of 4 young nobles are also eating, but you notice there is a fifth plate on the table. Looking in the same direction as the four young mens do, you spot their fifth friend, who is apparently trying to filrt a gorgeous young woman sitting at the bar drinking some wine. A few seconds later, she turn the young man down, who apear a little mad as his four friends burst out laughing, but he still return to his small gang. Even the barman, an middleaged man, barely hold his laugher as you see the corner of his mouth twitch as the noble is sent away.

A waitress coming from the kitchen with a tray with two wine cups comes your way and tells you,
"Welcome to the Fil D'or Inn sir. You may take a seat at a table or at the bar : anywhere but at the table back there with the red tablecloth there which is reserved. I'll come get your order soon."

What do you do?

Shadow_Elf
2012-07-20, 03:41 PM
Ace
He gently grabs the server's arm to stay her. Actually, madam, I was hopin' to meet afriend here. But it seems she's moved on; I don't suppose you've seen her, chere? Pretty little thing, probably wearin' a dun cloak, asks Ace, slipping back into his natural accent and tipping his hat to reveal his red Vistani bandana.

At some point in this game, I forgot about a lot of Ace's mannerisms, like his Cajun accent and bandana. I am trying to naturally bring those elements back in.

Dekkah
2012-07-24, 09:07 AM
DM
As Ace grad her arm, the waitress look at him in shock and frown, but a few seconds later, the vistasini charm do their works and she relax and smile.
"Yes, I remember seeing her early this morning. She ate breakfast and talked with a few people and left a few hours ago."

Shadow_Elf
2012-07-24, 05:05 PM
Ace
Well, madam, its awful important that I find her. Are any a' the ladies 'r gents who she was talkin' with still 'ere? Or maybe she let slip where she was headin'?

Dekkah
2012-07-25, 09:23 AM
DM
The young woman look concerned but doesnt ask any questions.
She scan the room and thinks for a few moments.
"Well she spoke with our Innkeeper, the man at the bar there. She also spoke with a full table of people, some merchants I thing who were here to eat, but these left. She also talked with Mike, one of our client here, but he seem to have retired to his room or left, I am not sure."
She suddenly spot the table where she was headed and add,
"I'll be back, I have to serve these sir. Pick a table and I'll come back."

Shadow_Elf
2012-07-25, 04:09 PM
Ace
I'll stop making misere, ma'am, an' take my seat, says Ace with another disarming smile. He approaches the bar, and takes a seat.

Now that I am bringing back Ace's accent, you'll see a lot of butchered French words. I am sorry in advance :smalltongue: but Cajun slang is based on the Acadian French dialect.

Dekkah
2012-07-30, 10:38 AM
DM
The barman comes by Ace and say,
"Welcome to the Fil d'Or Inn young sir. What can I offer you this fine day?"

Shadow_Elf
2012-07-30, 10:08 PM
Ace
Well, sir, its a tad early fer anythin' stronger'n water, je pense. So that's what I'll drink, if s'all the same t'you, he says, putting some coppers on the counter. Mon ami, I'm looking for a lady friend that went through here earlier. Your server said she spoke with some people; cloaked gal, slip of a thing, prob'ly quiet an' nervous. I don't suppose you've any inkling where she might've headed next, monsieur?

Dekkah
2012-07-31, 03:25 PM
DM
As Ace speak with the Innkeeper, the cute woman close by at the bar look at the vistasini with interest, eyeing him from bandana to boots. She give Ace a small smile, before her attention is drawn to a table behind Ace making her smile vanish and some exasperation appear on her face. Ace can hear from his position the few young mens teasing their friend about being turned down and an other boasting that he will show him how it is done.

The barman, apparently oblivious to the situation, nod to Ace,
"I do remember her sir. She asked me a few questions, then have spoke with Berek and Ramon, two of our usual customers, then with one of our clients before leaving. Why do you ask?"

Shadow_Elf
2012-07-31, 05:00 PM
Ace
I was meant to meet 'er this mornin' hereabouts, but she didn't show. I'm worried she might have found trouble, but I'm not sure, so I'm askin' around. 'Course, if she's fine an' dandy, it'll be mighty embarrassing for me, but sooner safe'n sorry, oui? Out of the corner of his eye, Ace monitors the situation with the woman and the young men, but doesn't react to it just yet.

Dekkah
2012-08-01, 09:42 AM
DM
The innkeeper give Ace some water and after considering the human words say,
"Well she asked me a few quesiton about some man that vanished a few days ago and who collaborated with him. After that she went to speak with the two merchants for a few minutes and then spoke with Mike for quite some time before she decided to leave. I have no idea where she could have gone though, sorry."

As the barman speak, the young man approach the woman at the bar.
"Hello there pretty one. I'm Greg Deltower, son of Gerald Deltower who own the Deltower Jewel and gems store. I must say that while we own the prettyest jewels in the area, none can compare to your beauty."
The woman demeanor doesnt change a bit with the compliment, but the young man still press on and dare to sit beside her at the bar and add,
"I know we have some nice neckless that would bring out your eye color..."
The woman stare harden even more and she cut the young man flirting lines and say a little bit harder than she probably intended, but still in a controlled, but with a cutting edge tone,
"Look young man, I am not someone your money can buy. If you want to buy some good time, go to the tavern and find some plaything you can buy with your daddy's money. Now get lost."

Shadow_Elf
2012-08-01, 10:36 PM
Ace
Putting an extra copper piece on the table with a smile, Ace then turns to the commotion beside him. Are these boys botherin' y'all, chere? Y'all look like you've got it well in hand, but I'd be happy to convince them to leave ya alone if ye'd think it'd help, he says, as kindly as he can. His words and cheery demeanor thinly veil an open-ended threat against the young men, however.

Dekkah
2012-08-02, 08:18 AM
DM
The Innkeeper doesnt even register you paying an extra and is about to intervene, but Ace is quicker. The young man turn around at Ace words and frown at him,
"I didnt talk to you, you should-"
"I'll sure appreciate the help if that stupid boy can't understand a clear dismissal when he hears one."
The young man look back at her, then back to Ace for a few second before turning tail and heading toward his table where his friends are laughing saying under his breath,
"Stupid bitch!"
In her ire, the woman say to the noble, quite loud surely so all his friend can hear,
"And that apply to your whole group of loosers, make sure they understand."
The other young mens sure understood her as they stop laughing and a few of them show some anger in their face.
Looking at Ace, she gives him a smile and a small nod of thanks.
Behind the bar, the innkeeper relax a little, but he keeps an eye on the young nobles table.

Shadow_Elf
2012-08-03, 04:13 PM
Ace
Seems like y'all have it well in hand, chere. Sorry fer buttin' in, says Ace, taking off his hat and holding to his chest for a moment before placing it back atop is bandana. I don't suppose Mike is still in your fine establishment, sir? he asks the barkeep.

Dekkah
2012-08-09, 12:23 PM
DM
The woman nod her thanks to Ace,
"The thought was appreciated and the help would had, if it had been needed."

The Innkeeper glare at the boys who cause some trouble and say the lady,
"I am sorry my Lady. I'll have a discussion with these youngsters later about manners. Here have this drink on the house."

He then turn his attention to Ace and reply,
"I dont beleive he left the Inn, at least I didnt see him do so. Probably retired to him room I guess."
You can sense that he realise what the next step of your quesitonning will be, the room number, and he seem to already be pondering his answer. It is evident that he value privacy of his patrons and probably wont want to give it to you.

I am not sure which angle you plan to take right now, but an skill roll might be good to use with it.

Shadow_Elf
2012-08-09, 12:51 PM
Ace
I promise, sir, that I won't be botherin' 'im long. I'd really just like ta' find the gal before anything untoward happens; she might be in danger, pleads Ace, reading the man's reaction.

Dekkah
2012-08-09, 01:26 PM
DM
The barman look touched a bit, but still reply matter of factly,
"I cannot give room numbers sir. People have their right to their privacy and safety. They pay us for that."

You note that the young woman is listening in your conversation now, not hidding that fact at all. She look over her shoulder at the table of young nobles, most of whom look at her with pissed stares.

She rise to her feets and ask Ace,
"I know this Inn is safe," a comment which is meant for the Innkeeper, ", but I dont really like how these young mens look at me. Would you mind escorting me to my room young man?"
While the barman doesnt seem to notice, you do note some inuendo in th way she ask you. At first you think she really is inviting you to her room, which appear to piss off even more the nobles. But then you realise her eyes and the way she look at you make you realise that she want you to follow her for some other reasons.

Shadow_Elf
2012-08-09, 01:30 PM
Ace
Ace has to suppress protest at the word "young", since he's really ten years older than he looks, but that inner conflict doesn't show on his face. Absolutely, ma chere, he replies cordially, preferring his elbow for her to hold so he can lead her up the steps.

Dekkah
2012-08-09, 02:06 PM
DM
The woman gently put her own harm in Ace elbow and lead him toward the stairs, under the surprised look of the nobles. As you walk away, 3 of them rise to their feets and are about to follow you, but you hear the Innkeeper tell them,
"You 3 either sit down or I'll expelled you from this place, by force is need be."
This seem enough to keep the mens to sit back down, hatred plainly painted on their face as they look at you.

As you climb up the stairs, she says,
"I am sorry for the trouble this may cause you with these stupids richs boys. Just be careful, they can be treacherous from what I've heard, but they arent very brave."
She keep silent for a few seconds and you realise she is looking at you with interest as she says,
"You were quite bold or foolish to ask about someone room like that. A good and respectful Inn like this would never give such informations. At least you didnt try to buy that information, which probably would have insulted the Innkeeper, he is quite proud of his establishment and reknown."
You realise that she also understood what you meant while not really asking for it, the man room number.
"And since you dont look like a fool, she must be very precious to you if you're ready to dare press on such matter."
She keep staring at you, while leading you along the corridor, judging your reaction.

Shadow_Elf
2012-08-09, 03:19 PM
Ace
She's become like a little sister ta' me, y'see. I'm a seer of sorts, and this morning, the cards told me rather plainly that she was in danger. I've been trackin' her all mornin'; if this fella knows where she is, by the Lady I'm going to ask him, chere, an' this kind kinnkeeper's reputation ain't gunna stand in my way.

Dekkah
2012-08-10, 11:46 AM
DM
Ace can see is the woman's eyes a mix of different emotions. She does look touched by your devotion to the girl and even prossibly even envious of her. You also note that she seem intrigued when you mention that you are some sort of seer and a bit impressed on how much you are ready to do for that young girl.
When she realise that she spend a bit too much time not saying anything and that she might be letting on too much information on herself, she draw closer to you and let drop her blue linen cloak a little to reveal some cleavage and say, "So, I still have a chance dont I?"
She puts an hand on your shoulder and her hips brush against yours. She is so close that you can feel her hot breath on your neck as she speaks and see deeply down her clevage to notice some hidden scar on her left breast which look like some moon cresent. She look in your eyes for a few seconds and you can see a touch of passion and possibly even lust in hers. The she crack a very small smile and add softly, her voice barely a whisper, "The man room you're looking for is in room 17, down this alley. I beleive he is still there, as I met him going back to his room on my way down this morning. I didnt saw him come back afterward, might have missed him though, but I doubt it."

Shadow_Elf
2012-08-10, 12:31 PM
Ace
Though he'd flirted with his share of women as a con artist, Ace hadn't been with a woman in the ten years since his wife and daughter died. The woman makes him somewhat uncomfortable, but he doesn't show it. When I've found the lass and finished today's meetings, ma chere, I'll come back ce soir an' visit with ya', replies Ace, kissing the woman on the cheek before gliding away from her towards room number 17. He knocks gently on the door. Not wantin' to make misere, podnah, but I was hopin' ta' ask y'all 'bout a young lass yous talked to earlier, he says quietly, but loud enough so that someone in the room would hear him.

Dekkah
2012-08-10, 01:03 PM
DM
The woman appear to enjoy that you are flirting back, but you still arent sure how much she meant her invitation. She smile and say,
"I'll be waiting. My name's Eve by the way. See you later."
She goes back to the stairway and heads up to the next floor.

After Ace knock, he get no reply.

Shadow_Elf
2012-08-15, 09:12 PM
Ace
The Vistani knocks again; if he does not receive a response the second time, he leaves. As much as he could probably pick the lock, he'd rather not get on the owner's bad side. He descends back to main room, tips his hat to the owner, and then heads out the front door.

What time of day is it at this point?

Dekkah
2012-08-16, 09:27 AM
DM
As Ace comes out and walk away from the Inn, he spot the young thieve sentry in the alley discretly signaling him to come to him again.

As the vistasini join the young man, he notice he was not alone. Sofia, the young woman Ace meet before with Zorana is turning a corner two block away.
"Sofia just warned me about Zorana possibly being in trouble. Well you warned me first, but I didnt really beleive you."
The man give Ace a weak smile and add,
"No offence meant, but I dont really know you. She had some new information on Green death that she asked I relay you. The guards found the assassin body, some young blond guard this morning. Our contacts tell us he hanged himself in some inn room."As I said in OOC, it is about 1 PM.

Shadow_Elf
2012-08-16, 10:07 PM
Ace
The Vistani sighs. Oo ye yi, poor kid. I reckoned a shapechanger was behind it, but it makes me sad that he killed the lad while he was at it. This case is not fini; the killer is somewhere out there, and he's a dangerous mage. Je prie Zorana hasn't caught 'im yet... she might not survive such a rencontre, he worries. Keep lookin' fer Zorana; Avandra showed me she was in danger fer a reason, an' I'm not going to be satisfied until she's found. I need ta see Militia Captain Brasseur an' update him on what's goin' on, he says to the two thieves. Assuming they've naught else to say, Ace proceeds onto Brasseur's office.

My vision also told me that the Fils D'Or potentially held answers about the killer. I'm bettin' that tattooed woman is more than she appears...

Dekkah
2012-08-17, 09:18 AM
DM
The young man nod to the seer words, "If I see her, I'll tell her you want to see her and that she might be in danger." then get back into position to watch the Inn.

The human then heads toward the militia to see William. After about 30 minutes, not long after he entered the market district, Ace spot a commotion in a side alley to his left. there is about 15 people gathered around someone backed against a wall. You cannot really see who it is.

"Son of thieves and murderers are not welcome here."
"We should kill him, he is surely a traitor!"
"Yeah!"

Ace move into the alley to see who is cornered by the citizen group. As he get close enough, he see a tall and slender half-orc. The creature is dresses in fine clothing, even wears some jewelry. He carry some small bag and a nice quality longsword and dagger are sheeted on his belt. Behind him, you see two spot where some tomatoes hit the wall.

The half-orc say in a unthreathning voice and a perfect common tongue, "Look gentlemens, I told you I am not part of th-" As he talks, one of the men throw a rock cutting his speach, forcing the green-skinned creature to dodge not be hit by the projectile.

I assumed you'd check on this, as it could have been Zorana (adnthe murderers mention surely would have drawn you there since your kinda looking for one.

Do you do something about this?

Note that if you do something, you can add some dice roll fitting your action :smallwink:

Also, how do you enjoy this part of the story?
I know I am not focusing much on skills, asking for rolls only when they are required. But I prefer to let you play this out with real roleplay.

I could have made a Skill challenge out of this, but I think that since you are the only players, it make it more fun to simply roleplay it and let the story unfold itself with your choice of actions.

With the full group, it would have tunred in some SC probably, because I dont want to completly bore the players who dont like to roleplay too much or that dont have any ties to the actually situation.

Note that if you dont like this pace and style, I can adjust to your liking :smallsmile:. (hence why I ask).

Shadow_Elf
2012-08-18, 11:26 PM
Ace
Though he desperately wants to meet with Brasseur so he can get on with his search for Zorana, Ace cannot ignore this. He approaches the angry mob. Excuse me, mes amis, but I don't think this monsieur's a spy, a traitor or a threat to the security of this city, says Ace as cordially as he can. If a human settlement attacked Bord-Eau, would y'all go accusin' an' attackin' every human you saw? he reasons, trying to placate and calm the aggressors.

Not going to roll skill checks unless you ask for them.

Dekkah
2012-08-19, 10:14 AM
DM
Ace approach the group and try to reason with them. As he speaks, a few of the mens look at him, but the vistasini doesnt get the attention of many. Beside, the crowd effect make them not to receptiveand beside, the yelling around doenst help. The vistasini have to find a way to get the angry mob attention.

I see either Insight (DC 15) (to find the "leaders" among the group) or a good old intimidate (DC 15) (to cower them a bit and force them to listen).
Diplomancy might be possible, but the DC will be harder (22) until you first get their attention.

Shadow_Elf
2012-08-19, 10:27 AM
Ace
Hey! I'm not much likin' y'all blowin' me off. You! Call off yer bêtes, now! he shouts, trying to single out the mob's leader.

Insight: [roll0]

Dekkah
2012-08-19, 12:05 PM
DM
Ace take a few seconds to get a good feel of the crowd. He spot three citizens that appear to be the ones that are stirring the group. Now knowing who to target to be the more efficient, Ace have no real trouble get their attention. The three angry mens look at Ace a little shocked of his interruption.
"What do you want?" ask one.
"Are you really siding with that monster?" say an other.
"If your not directly concerned, just go your way."
While they are angry, you also note that it is mostly fear or angryness that motivate their ire.

The half-orc look at you, visibly surprised to have someone side with him against such a large crowd.

I assume you,ll either try to reason or intimidate them (so with your next post, you have to roll Diplomacy or Intimidate (depends of the way you act toward them now that you got their attention.

Bluff could be possible but more difficult.

Shadow_Elf
2012-08-19, 12:24 PM
Ace
Monsieurs, this man 'as not done anything wrong that you can prove. I must ask you; if a human settlement attacked Bord-Eau, would you accost every human you saw? If you 'ave a specific charge for 'im, bring it ta tha Watch. Otherwise, I recommend y'all leave dis man alone, reasons Ace, making a calm, rational appeal.

Shadow_Elf
2012-08-19, 12:25 PM
[Forgot my roll :smalltongue:]

Dekkah
2012-08-19, 01:14 PM
DM
The crowd look unsure, but appear to clam down a little,
Two of the leaders appear to ponder your words, but an other subbornly keep his agressive demeanor.
"Look at him, can't you see he is half-orc. He isnt from this town, I'm sure he's part of these green skinned bastards, spying on us! Can't you see past these nice clothing the savage they hides?"
You can sense an intense hatred coming from that man. You see the half-orc about to say something, but he seem to note the man feeling as well and simply hold his mount shut, waiting to see how things turn you. You also note that something draw the half-orc attention over the crowd. it is almost inperceptible, but he you see in eyes and with a shlight shake of his head that he signal someone a message that you consider be "not or dont".

The last part (the message the half-orc does) comes from your active insight.
You could do a perception to find to whom it was adressed.

You have the feeling that you have about no chances to change that man ideas on the half-orc. The rest of the crowd got you attention and I considering your words.
You dont need to roll an other skill for now (unless you wanna use some knowledge (history comes into my mind) to get information to help your argumentation), but you still need to keep the discussion to turn the tide.

Shadow_Elf
2012-08-19, 01:46 PM
Ace
Ace turns away from the half-orc to face the crowd... and, perhaps, whoever he was signaling. As he keeps an eye out for the message's recipient, he continues. Have y'all got proof that he's a spy that's not related ta' his parentage? asks Ace. I've fought my share a' orcs an' goblins these past few days. Heck, I've fought lizardmen, too. I know what's happening outside those walls, an' just a few nights ago, I was fightin' when the fightin' came inside. But y'all gotta aim yer anger at the armies an' clans, an' their leaders. This man's not tha' source a' yer woes; y'all are just usin' 'im as a scapegoat. If y'all wanna make misere, pick fights with baddies yer own size an' put that colere ta' good use. Join Brasseur's militia if yer itchin' fer a fight. But don't gang up on every orc-blooded man or woman you see, he says to the group at large, trying to sway their opinion to turn them against the ringleader.

Perception: [roll0]

It's at times like this that I miss Beginner's Luck. But if I didn't have Augury and Vistani Seer, I wouldn't even be here, so I guess that's moot.

Dekkah
2012-08-19, 02:30 PM
DM
Looking over the crowd, you immediatly whom the message was meant. A small halfling dressed in decent clothing, thought they show signs of years of travel, was griping his two-handed axe. As he receive the message, he lower his axe, but still stay on the ready.

The crowd stay a little bit charged with agressive words as you first spoke, but now, a few of them appear to have heard of you, a fe wof them whispering to others. As you mention the new army, most of the mens attitude get broken. You sense that you won the aergument here, as most of these mens have no desire to really fight. They might be mad at the enemies, but they lack courage to really do something about it, except maybe vent off on a lone half-blood.

The crowd start to dissipate and the pissed off man still try to stir up thing, but the other mens have no intention of going against a man apparently working for the new army like you. The man spit at the half-orc feets, but finaly storm off.

The half-orc keep his impassive facade even when the man spat at his feets and wait until you two are alone before speaking, in a perfect common tongue with a wide smile.
"Thank you sir. You pulled me out of a bit of a jam here. I am called Grok, travelling merchant, both of rare good and informations. "
He bow in a noble fashion, and you realise in his voice that whle all this, he isnt shaken a small bit and you get the feeling that while he does appreaciate your help, he never trully felt in danger.
The small halfling approach and the bard motion at the halfing saying,
"This is Grik, my bodyguard. dont let yourself be fooled by his size, that would be a grave mistake."
The halfling doesnt smile at all and look alert and ready for anything, but he nods to you.
"Some of these peasents appeared to know who you are, but I fear I am at a disadvantage here."

Shadow_Elf
2012-08-19, 03:19 PM
Ace
Grok an' Grik? Somehow, I'm not thinkin' those're yer real names, but I'll laissez-la. I'm The Ace of Spades, mercenary mage an' seer, currently employed by the Bord-Eau militia. Y'all can call me Ace, if ya' like. I was just on my way ta' meet with Captain Brasseur. The Vistani extends his hand for a shake.

Dekkah
2012-08-19, 04:21 PM
DM
As you introduce yourself, Grok say with a teasing tone, "'The Ace of spades' doesnt feel like your real name either, but it is indeed nice to meet you. So you are a seer eh? Any good prophecy you''ve come to mysticly learned about?"
He sound freindly and really interested in the fact that you call yourself a seer.

Shadow_Elf
2012-08-19, 05:34 PM
Ace
Now that ya' mention it, I am trackin' down leads on a rather interestin' vision I had this mornin'. It wouldn't make any sense ta' y'all, though, so I won't waste yer time with that. As an aside, monsieur, I don't suppose y'all've seen or spoken with a young shifter lass today? 'Bout yay tall, dressed in dun?

Dekkah
2012-08-19, 08:07 PM
DM
The half-orc think for a few seconds, then shake his head, "Nah, I did not."
Rising an eyebrow, his tone become curious,
"What did you see about her, is she searched by the militia?"
You realise that he ask about the militia since you are heading there and are working for them.
"Actually, if you are heading to the main barrack, I'll walk with you there."

Shadow_Elf
2012-08-19, 08:23 PM
Ace
Naw, nothin' a the sort. She's an amie, an' I've been lookin' fer her all day. No luck yet, but this ain't a huge city, I'll stumble 'cross her 'ventually, explains Ace when asked why he's looking for Zorana. Sure, I'll walk y'all there. If ya don't mind my pryin', what y'all lookin' for at the barracks? Ace begins to move towards Brasseur's office once again for his meeting.

Dekkah
2012-08-20, 09:16 AM
DM
Grok smile and rise an eyebrow at your reply about your friend, but while you can see that he is quite intrigued, he doesnt pry for more informations.
"While it is not as big as Torres, this is not such a small city. Still, I'll keep my eyes, or more precisely my ears open. If I hear about her I'll let you know. I owe you that much at least."
As you start walking toward the barracks, you note that most people doesnt even give a second glace at Grok, with only a minority really noting his orcish heritage. You can guess he was quite unlucky to have stumbled upon someone narrow minded placing him in a bad position sooner. You even see him salute one of the merchant as he pass by her antiquities shop.

"Well my goal is actually simple. With what just happened to me, I'll go see someone I know, I'd dare say a friend, at the barrack to see if he can give me some tokken of my good faith. This way, if that situation happens again, maybe I will be able to prevent it before it become out of control. Sure it would not have stopped that racist man, but it probably would had worked o nthe rest of the mens there.".

Grok look at you again with interest and ask,
"So you are some kind of hero right? Working for the militia, slaying goblins and stuff.... an adventurer maybe?"
You can sense that the half-orc is trying to gauge your reaction, to learn whom you might really be.
"I learned a few different things about the goblins since I came into town, maybe you can tell me about this whole situation, because I heard various stories that doesnt all really fit toggether."
The merchant look at you and add,
"I am even willing to pay for new and decent information."

Shadow_Elf
2012-08-21, 09:13 PM
Ace
Happy to sell some information, assuming of course that it doesn't compromise the city's defense or anything. My work for the militia is strictly something you'd have to ask Brasseur about, but I have some interesting knowledge about the situation you might not have heard, replies Ace, gauging the half-orc's reaction.

Dekkah
2012-08-22, 11:47 AM
DM
The half-orc smile,
"I dont know this Brasseur, at least I dont remember him. And I dont really want to know about this city defenses, I am more interested to learn about the situation in general. Beside to whom would I sell these informations on this city defenses? The goblins? No thanks, I prefer not to go meet with these uncivilised creatures."
You see Grik laugh a little, but Grok doesnt even look at him and keep going on,
"What interest me more is the reason behind this attack. Last time I came here, there was not even one tribe of goblin in the area, now there is an whole army, and many different tribes in it."
You can see that the half-orc weight his words, making sure he doesnt say too much either to retain some information he might hold that you dont know. Having told you he is not only a merchant of good, but also a merchant of information, you understand that this is part of his way and tell enough to interest, without revealing what he beleive to be really important.
"There is many rumours about the motivation. Some say it have been staged by the dwarves, other by some missing mage or by a thief guild of the city. Of course some say that they simply came here for food and there is even words that these works for Torres. From what I understood sooner, you are working on the good side, you sure have interesting informations, if not confirmation about all this."

Shadow_Elf
2012-08-26, 10:22 AM
Ace
From what I see, they're here 'cause they're hungry an' Bord-Eau's got food. But I have notice 'at their arms're all forged by the Krom-Dac dwarves. Whether they're stolen, sold or given as payment, je ne sais pas.

Giving him a bit of the info we have. May provide more based on his response.

Dekkah
2012-08-26, 10:49 AM
DM
The half-orc nod.
"Make some sense. With the disastrous harvest of last year, I guess the goblins also suffered from it. And the city did annouce that the goblin raided their food storage which give some credit to that part."
The merchant sratch his chin and ask,
"I wonder how they managed their grand entrance, coming so close without being detected or having Fort-Du-Col send a warning is a solid accomplishment for a race so stupid. I am starting to beleive the rumors about some powerful mage being behind they attack."

He think a few moment and look at Ace reaction.
"As for the drawves, I'd bet on the first option, that these weapons are stolen, even if this is quite a large amount of weaponry and would have been noted. I've been at Krom-Dac once, and even I was not welcomed with open arms, if you see what I mean. I doubt that kind of racism would let them deal with greenskin for weapon, unless it is to put them in their skulls."

Shadow_Elf
2012-08-26, 06:45 PM
Ace
I 'ad suspected that Flammemorte was part a' tha goblin's schemes, the city's missin' 'Igh Mage. But I did some diggin', an' it seems that she ain't the right stripe a Mage ta do what they done, plus she's a city councilor. I'd like ta think she's got les interets of Bord-Eau at heart.

Dekkah
2012-08-27, 08:36 AM
DM
Grok smile at Ace, making him beleive the half-orc might know something the sorcerer doesnt when he say,
"I can guess you've never had to deal with her. I am not sure you assessment of what she would do or not do is right. Still she..."
The half-orc seem to weight his words and finaly say,
"Worked quite hard to attain her position in the council. I would not make sense to have the city destroyed isnt it?"
You have the feeling that his choice of the word "worked" have a greater implication.

"So, if not the mage, who? I guess you're still looking then."

Shadow_Elf
2012-08-27, 09:39 AM
Ace
The Vistani smiles a knowing grin. Well, I Can tell y'all that the thieves guild ain't in cahoots with the greenskins. I've got some theories on who might be, but I still need ya do some searchin' afore I make any judgment calls. Ace pulls a neatly folded piece of paper out of his pocket; a copy of the message taken from Green. He hands it to Grok. Does this mean anything ta y'all?

Dekkah
2012-08-27, 10:29 AM
DM
The half-orc take the letter and read the adress written on the letter. As he do so, his face turn suddenly serious. He open the letter and read it once, looking a little bit disgusted at the end as he look at the seal. He look up at Ace and ask,
"Did you find this on the goblins? If not, where?"

I assumed you meant this letter.

B]Letter found on "Green" (Part 2, post 216) :[/B]
Written on the letter.

Bord-Eau
86 Dove street
Deliver to Green Dagger.
Fee already paid for.

Text inside the letter, with different handwritting

Crocodile, Men, Rattle, Odd, Myself, two
Befoul, Promise, Gore, three
Formation, Origin, Off, Dinner, one
Bruise, Stone, Woman, Remedy, five
Last, Before, four
Failure, Envy, Never, Ram, Italic, Snake, one
Wax seal stamped on the lower right corner of the letter.
http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/1981/waxsealforgreen.jpg
This is what the seal look like

Shadow_Elf
2012-08-27, 11:15 AM
Ace
The Thieves' Guild caught a courier and took that. I bought it off of them, since they couldn't decipher it, thinking it might hold some valuable secrets, lies Ace, not wanting to let on that Green was brought down by Ace and his companions. I trade in information as well, Grok, and I had hoped to find something of value there. But, alas, even with my second sight, I have yet to break that code. Why do you ask? Does that mean something to you? Ace continues his pace towards the barracks where Brasseur has his office, gauging closely the half-orc's reaction to the coded message.

Bluff: [roll0]
Insight: [roll1]

Dekkah
2012-08-27, 11:33 AM
DM
The half-orc sigh and keep walking and lead you in a side alley almost deserted, never stopping as if this was your intended path all along. You realise that he is waiting for the moment to be safe, with no real possible unwanted listeners to what he have to say, then tells you,
"I usually would charge you for this kind of information, but since I also learned something seeing this, I'll tell you this much free of charge. Tell your contact in this Theive's guild that he've found some dangerous enemies. You are right, this is a coded message, for and from two members of a dangerous group of criminals."
He fold the paper again and give it back to you as you come by a a group of three young girls talking among themselves.
"That being said, this is quite interesting and put thing under some new light here. I guess you probably guessed as much, but the goblins arent working alone here. Finding this message could be a coincidence, but I doubt it. You might wanna investigate at the address on it if you havent already, but I personnaly wouldnt."

Shadow_Elf
2012-08-27, 11:50 AM
Ace
I don't s'pose y'all've got any means a' crackin' this 'ere code? I'm not tryin' ta make misere with deadly criminals, but if I could read this, the militia or the thieves might pay top dollar, asks Ace.

EDIT: The address on the letter is the one we went to to bring down Green, right?

Dekkah
2012-08-27, 12:03 PM
DM
The merchant ponder for a few moments your question and finaly say with a buisnessman smile,
"I dont really like to tangle with that group, but I guess I can try to decipher it if you're ready to pay the right price. I'd ask 200gp for that job, 20 of which are paid in advance and that I keep even if I cant manage to break it. Call this a risk fee"

Yeah that address is the warehouse where you caught Green. You found it on Green, but you know that he received it while you were talking with him (by the young messenger who knocked at the warhouse door).

Shadow_Elf
2012-08-27, 12:33 PM
Ace
Ace feigns shock and whistles loudly. Maudit, podnah, that's a steep fee. I don't know that knowin' what's in this letter's worth that, see'in as I only wanted ta sell the information, which you could do if y'all decoded it, he says. We're almost at the barracks. Who's your contact there, again?

Dekkah
2012-08-27, 12:58 PM
DM
The half-orc shrug at Ace complaints, "Right you are. I could feign not understanding it and sell the information. Heck ,I might even have been able to decode it on that simple first read. You'll have to decide if you trust me enough and if want to deal with me, but know that I am fair in my dealing. I gain my life with dealing like this, I cannot afford to break my word and gain a less than respectable reputation or I would not have any clients left."
The merchant seem a little offended at the way this discussion turned out, but his usual smile apear after a few seconds as he add,
'Look, if I didnt like your style, I would not even offer to try and break this code. As I already told you, I dont like to mangle with that group. So you can be sure the content of this isnt something I'll go try to sell.

At Ace last question, as you both enter the main barrack training area, the half-orc give him an amused smile and say,
"Oh you probably dont know him. His name is Marcus."

Shadow_Elf
2012-08-28, 12:50 PM
Ace
The Vistani lifts an eyebrow. I don't s'pose that's Commander Marcus Ulbert, the leader a' tha militia? he says coyly.

Dekkah
2012-08-28, 01:15 PM
DM
The half-orc burst out laughing,
"So, you know him eh? Not that I am that surprised, if I consider that you claimed to have killed many goblins and are working on investigation for the militia. Actually, by a few of these peasant reaction when you helped me, I am starting to think you might be part of these new heroes many are speaking about in this city."
The half-orc wink to you as you both enter the main barrack.
All the while, Grik kept following, but still stay silent.

The front clerc rise to his feets and nearly yell out an alarm cry as he spot Grok, but then he notice Ace, whom he seem to recognize, and the halfling walking in with him. While he still look suspiciously at Grok, he ask,
"What can I do for you?"
The half-orc smile,
"I'd like to see Marcus Ulbert."
The young man frown and is about to retort something, but Grok cut him adding,
"Just tell him Grok wish to speak with him. I'll wait."
The clerc is taken aback by the half-orc attitude, unsure of what to do. He look at you, a familiar face, apparently hoping for some explanation.

I was wondering if you knew the commander first name. now I know :smallbiggrin:

Shadow_Elf
2012-08-28, 03:34 PM
Ace
He says he knows the commander, son, so I suppose there's no 'arm in lettin' Ulbert know he's here. If he's not telling the truth, the commander will act accordingly. Otherwise, it'd be in yer best interests to tell the commander bien vite, eh? he says with a smile. Before y'all go runnin' off, though, I wanted ta ask if the two gentlemen I sent to see Brasseur arrived last evenin', mon ami?

Dekkah
2012-08-28, 05:42 PM
DM
The young clerc hesitate a few more moments, then call one of the guards on watch in the main hall.
"Max, go tell the commander that a man.... an half-orc," he correct himself, "named Grok would like to meet him."
The soldier look at Grok, then heads into the corridor.
"You can sit there.", dismiss the man.

The half-orc appear oblivious to the negative tone of the clerc, and nod his thanks. turning to you he says,
"If you decide I am someone you can trust, come see me at the Gold Piece Inn. It's in the middle of the market, not to hard ot find."
Once Grok is at the waiting chairs with Grik, the human relax a little and reply to Ace question,
"I dont know sir Ace. You,d have to be more precise. I was not here last night. If you have a name I can check our register."
The man write flip the page to yesterday's list of visitors.

Shadow_Elf
2012-08-28, 07:21 PM
Ace
Sorry lad, no name. I don't s'pose I could jus' see the captain? I think I've an appointment, but if not, Brasseur's usually willin' ta admit me anyway, replies Ace.

Dekkah
2012-08-29, 03:04 PM
DM
The young man nod to you and say writting your name in today's page in the logbook,
"As far as I know, he is in his office. You have been given permission to meet with him at anytime. You can go in."

Ace walk in the corridor up to Williams door, which is open. The man is sitting behind his desk, working on some papers.

Shadow_Elf
2012-08-29, 10:32 PM
Ace
As he leaves the main foyer, he tips his hat to Grok. We may be in touch again, mon ami. Have a pleasant say et laissez les bon temps rouler, says the Vistani as means of farewell. When he enters Brasseur's office, he knocks on the wall politely to get the man's attention then bows. Sorry to be such a bother, Captain, but here je suis again. I don't suppose those two suspect guardsmen I found the other day have reported to y'all for their, ah, interviews yet? he asks.

Dekkah
2012-08-30, 07:52 AM
DM
Grok only nod and smile.

The captain look up and motion for Ace to enter the room.
"Not to my knowledge. At least, they didnt report to me, you might want to check with Marius about this too, he is the one that sort out the new recruits. I've got some new concerning Green death. We've found the guard whom you've 'seen' could have did it. We found him in some Inn of this district, hung in a room he rented last night."
Looking at your face, the captain rise an eyebrow, but his voice doesnt sound so surprised as he ask,
"You already knew didnt you?"

Shadow_Elf
2012-08-30, 08:12 PM
Ace
Ace just smiles. That's why you have me report to you, ain't it Captain? I'm good at knowin' things, he jokes. I'm sorry fer the boy, but I can't say I'm flabbergasted. Truth is, the men Green worked for're dang'rous lot. They tie up loose ends, and the kid was one ah em'. I was hopin' those fishy guards I interviewed woulda come in by now... if they took a bribe from Green, maybe they got a sliver more a' his plans than the clueless goons we took down at the warehouse.

Dekkah
2012-08-31, 07:24 AM
DM
"Well they havent, unless they have gone directly to Marius and that he didnt realise it was them. I doubt it though, because I need to autorise and report the recruitment from somene from the militia, and so far I did have a few, but none from the old district. I think it is safe to assume they wont be coming now, or they would already have."
The captain look at Ace rising an eyebrow,
"What do you mean when you say that the men Green worked for are dangerous? Do you know who they are. If that is the case, we can arrest them and interrogate them."

Shadow_Elf
2012-08-31, 10:40 AM
Ace
They're a criminal group whose leaders go by names like Green Dagger an' Red Dagger. A half-Orc information broker I net today seemed to know more about em'; he's meeting' with the commander as we speak. The vision I had this mornin' indicated they might have operations all over the continent... An' I'm worried that ma amie Zimelda might have found somethin' 'bout em' and gotten in over 'er head.

Dekkah
2012-08-31, 12:01 PM
DM
The captain face turn sad,
"I hope you're wrong and that the guard we found this morning really hung himself and havent been eliminated like you beleive. For your friend sake and ours. We only had a few small problems with crimnals here, but no real country wide organisation."
Looking at the pile of paperwork around him, he shrug and add,
"At least I wont have to report this to Marcus, since your new contact is already breifing him. On less thing for me to do. Anything else I can help you with Ace?"
You can feel that William politly wish to dismiss you to return to his work, but he his sincere in his offer and simply doesnt want to have this drag on needlessly.

Shadow_Elf
2012-08-31, 05:40 PM
Ace
Should I try to find the two guards I spoke with yesterday an', ah, convince em' that they need to come in fer a chat, or shall I ferget about em'? I'd hate to give up on a good lead, but I also don't want to make misere between the districts, asks Ace. Once he's had that question answered, he tips his hat and bows, then leaves William's office.

Dekkah
2012-09-01, 12:00 PM
DM
The captain shrug and say,
"It is up to you really. If you want, you can bring them here and we'll interrogate them, or do it yourself somewhere. If you need to, go see captain Beaudoin I am sure he will collaborate... in his own way. He is pretty much....easygoing. It is not that I dont want to help you on this friend, I just have a lot to do on my own and it isnt exactly my place to do so anymore."

You can keep talkng to him, but if your really done, where are you going?

Shadow_Elf
2012-09-02, 02:33 PM
Ace
I know that with the new army an' all, y'all've got a lot on yer plate, so I'll refrain from disturbin' y'all unless its something particularly important, Cap'n, says Ace, as he departs. On his way out of the barracks, he keeps an eye open for Grok, seeing whether he's been admitted to see the commander yet or not. Afterwards, he'll head out and start looking for Zorana the old fashioned way; asking around.

Streetwise Check, to see if anyone has seen Zorana or the Raven Queen priestess:

[roll0]

Dekkah
2012-09-04, 10:38 AM
DM
William nod, but still add,
"I apreciate it. But if your in a jam or need someone to support or push something for you, come see me. I always have time for those I consider allies."

As he come back to the main door, he note that Grok and Grik arent there anymore. As he ask the clerc, he learn that he have been allowed in to meet the commander right away once the messenger came back.

July 16th, 1500, Evening

The vistasini spend the rest of the afternoon to ask around town about Zorana. Nobody seem to know her or have seen her around. The few who look like they know her, mostly in the Dock district, havent seen her at all today. When Ace ask about the priestess, he get better answers. At first, most of the people redirect him to the cimeraty, where her shrine is. But in the old district, you find a few people who have seen her go toward the market district. The guard confirm this, but she was alone when they passed the inner gate.

Still, the priestess being his only lead, he roams the Market district asking for the Raven Queen disciple. After about an hour or so later, the hero approach a small group of man talking vigorously among themselves. As Ace comes within hearing range, he pick up the end of what the mans was saying to his friend,
"... then the young girl fell to the ground, right in the middle of the streets. I was there, I saw her with my own eyes I tell ya. There was blood all over her clothes and all mates, it was horrible. People were all stunned, she kinda appeared out of nowhere, you know. A few guards nearby came running to help her, and even a priestess who was around, but she was too late, the girl was dead. The guard are looking around and investigating the place right now, you'd better not go there right now."

Shadow_Elf
2012-09-04, 10:40 AM
Ace
Having heard that, Ace immediately does exactly what the group of men said not to do and rushes towards the mentioned sight, praying to the Lady that it isn't Zorana.

Dekkah
2012-09-04, 10:45 AM
DM
Ace have no trouble finding the place, which is about 15 minutes away. As he reach the area, he sees the large bloodstain in the middle of the streets.
There is 4 guards asking questions around while two are working on cleaning the stain.
Most of the people are gossiping, but staying away from the stain.

Shadow_Elf
2012-09-04, 10:50 AM
Ace
Ace approaches the guards, trying to hide the horror creeping into his facial expression. Ace of Spades, militia consultant under Captain Brasseur. What happened 'ere, gents? he asks, trying to speak with authority and a calm, level tone.

Dekkah
2012-09-04, 11:13 AM
DM
As the guard you approached turn around, you remember seeing him at the barracks, and he appear to also recognize you.
"Hello sir Ace. Well we got some murder happen here. We dont know much yet. It was some young shifter girl which came running here, from that direction, " the guard point a side alley between two large buldings.
"Two of our guards saw her covered in blood, half run, half limping before she fell down. By the time my mens reached her, she was unconsious. After that, Bartina leaf - a Raven Queen priestess - was in the shop right there across the street. She came help the poorgirl, but she was too late. This seem to upset her a lot, well it is understandable, from what I understood, she knew the victim."
The guard look a little sad for the priestess as he say so, but still keep going on,
"We've found where we think the girl got attacked. In the warehouse there, some of my mens are looking for clues. We found no one here who saw the attack, nor anyone who saw the agressor flee the scene."

Shadow_Elf
2012-09-04, 11:25 AM
Ace
The Vistani tries to keep his cool, but when he hears the confirmation that he was too late, he starts breaking up inside. His eyes begin to pulse with arcane energy as the chaos in his soul begins to take control. I see, he says, straining to stay polite and cheery. D'y'all know where I might find madame Leaf? I've got some questions fer her.

Dekkah
2012-09-04, 11:33 AM
DM
The guard take a step back at the human reaction.
"Wha- Do you think the priestess can be the assassin?"
The man look a bit worried that he might have screwed up, but he quickly add,
"She returned to her shrine with the body. Four of my guards have gone with her to carry the body and make sure they encounter no opposition, and to keep the curious away."
The man quickly add, as he want to try and defend his own actions,
"That is standard procedure. The girl had no religion symbols or anything, corpses are sent to the Raven Queen shrine to be prepared for burial in those case."

Shadow_Elf
2012-09-04, 11:40 AM
Ace
Naw, nothin' like that, gents. S'just she's the only one ta see the body, an' she knew the victim, so I was hopin' she might 'ave some light ta shed on what 'appened 'ere. I'll come back to check out the warehouse when I'm done. He tips his hat to the guards and heads for the Raven Queen shrine. With every step he takes, he tries to contain his chaos soul, while what remains of his human soul struggles for dominance.

Dekkah
2012-09-04, 11:52 AM
DM
The hero walk across the city to the old district and up to the cimetary reaching it around dusk. As he walks into the graveyard, he spot 4 guards leave the death godess shrine with grim faces.

Ace walk past them and enter the shrine. It is quite the same as when he visited it earlyer, except that the gravedigger is inside, cleaning the place. He looks up as you enter and say,
"What bring ya here tonight?"
The man is the same you talked to this morning, he suddenly seem to recognize you and add,
"Oh, ya're here to see tha priestess... well she's here, but I'm not sure she iactually wanna see anyone right now. Ya might be better served coming back tommorow sir."

Shadow_Elf
2012-09-04, 06:17 PM
Ace
I'll let meself in, podnah. She may not want visitors now, I know I wouldn't, but I need ta know what she knows, says Ace, moving past the gravedigger. His eyes begin to actually glow, purple energy coming off them.

Part of Ace's backstory is that he sacrificed a piece of his soul to seal a rift to the Elemental Chaos (not sure if you remember). This left him unable to feel certain emotions properly, including sadness, which is why he is such a happy-go-lucky guy. Right now, he should be really sad. All that's coming out is anger, and his chaos soul is filling up what's left with magical overspill, which is why I am describing the minor magical effects like eyes glowing etc.

Also, realized I didn't roll chaos soul for today. This will determine his eye colour for the purpose of descriptions:

[roll0]

1 Acid [Bright Green]
2 Cold [Blue]
3 Fire [Red]
4 Force [Teal]
5 Lightning [Yellow]
6 Necrotic [Black]
7 Poison [Dark Green]
8 Psychic [Purple]
9 Radiant [Gold]
10 Thunder [Navy]

Dekkah
2012-09-05, 08:34 AM
DM
The gravedigger courageousy place himself between Ace and the side door saying,
"Look pal, I'm telling ya that priestess Leaf isnt available. She had a rough day, one of her friend got-"
From beoyng the door, you hear a sweet but sad voice say,
"It's ok Gary, I'll see him in a minute."
The old man look at Ace and sigh and whisper, "Be kind and respectful here mate. The lady lost someone today."
After about a minute, the door open and Ace can see a white linen blanket covering a body resting on a table. While you could not see the corpse, its size and shape leave no doubt in your mind that it is Zorana under it. A small middleaged halfling woman enter the room and close the door behind her. She wears some simple black robes and a nice neckless showing her godess symbol. You can see in her brown eyes that she is upset and sad. As she see the vistasini, a little bit of surprise appear on her face as she look at you rising an eyebrow,
"Your not from the militia? I thought..."
Closing her eyes and shaking her head to clear her mind she says, "Welcome to the Raven Queen home sir. What can I do for you?"

Shadow_Elf
2012-09-05, 08:40 AM
Ace
The fires in Ace's eyes die down a little. I had a vision this mornin', ma'am, which led me to believe Zorana was in grave danger. I've been lookin' fer her all day, pullin' up whatever contacts I have in the city, settin' a fire under the arse of the Thieves Guild to look fer her. I'm... I'm sorry I came too late, ma'am... he says, not making eye contact with the priestess.

Dekkah
2012-09-05, 04:40 PM
DM
The priestess look at Ace with a long face muttering,
"You knew... because of some vision? I guess you are that new friend she've met latetly."
While she still look upset, she take Ace hand, gently rubbing his left hand and say in a hushed voice,
"Dont put this on yourself, I'm sure you tried your best. Zorana was an headstrong person..."
Her voice trail off, her voice full of emotion, probably coming from memories.

Shadow : you may want to roll an diplomacy with your next post (if only to see how she will react to the questions/revelation I feel is coming lol)

Shadow_Elf
2012-09-06, 11:38 AM
Ace
Thanks, madame, but I'm not done yet, says Ace, the anger in his voice building. I was too late to save 'er, but I can still make misere with the men that killed 'er. They're goin' to regret the day they decided to tangle with the Ace of Spades. Zorana won't die in vain, priestess, by the Lady I swear it, promises Ace, his blazing eyes finally rising to meet the priestess'.

Dekkah
2012-09-06, 11:44 AM
DM
Bartina is a bit surprised at Ace mood swing, but she give him some heartfelt smile,
"I guess she made a good friend out fo you eh? Having those responsible for this would be a good thing. But be careful, while she was young, Zorana was no less competent. The danger these mens represent should not be taken lightly sir Ace of spades. Dont go waste your life away, I've had way too much burials to do these days."

Shadow_Elf
2012-09-06, 11:56 AM
Ace
I look out for my friends, Madame Leaf. Friends are the only thing worth fightin' for, in the end, explains Ace. You were out with her today, right ma'am? Did the two of y'all find anythin', before ya were separated? I need a place to start...

Dekkah
2012-09-06, 12:47 PM
DM
The halfling hesitate, takea few moments to ponder but finaly say,
"Yes, she came asking for help this morning. I probably should not tell you this, for your own safety, but seeing how determinate you are, I guess you'll find out anyway. Beside, if you know, maybe you'll be more causious."
The halfling look at you, making sure you understand the dangers, then she add,
"Zorana was looking for information on the murder of some prisoner - I beleive one of the mens who stole food during the attack. When she came to me, she already had found some clues and had to meet with someone to get more information."
Bartina sigh and keep explaining what she knows,
"From what I understood, it was a new contact she made this morning at an Inn in this district. She did not knew him, and even less trusted him. She was actually aware it was quite dangerous, and I beleive that is why she didnt want to implicate her others allies. Instead, she asked me to come with her in the market district and to wait in the linen shop. She was suposed to be nearby, in some warehouse, and in case of danger, she would simply yell for help and hurry toward me. She did, but... "
The priestess look down closing her eyes and fall silent, not completing the end of her story.

Shadow_Elf
2012-09-09, 03:16 PM
Ace
The Vistani is beating himself up on the inside, but he does his best not to show it. If only I'd broken in to that man's room... damnit! he thinks. I will investigate the Inn first, madame. Whatever happened in the warehouse, I'm sure her assailant's long gone by now. But he may've gone to ground in that Inn... I think I know the one. He brings the halfling's hand up and kisses the back of it. Don't fret on my behalf, miss. I'll find the men responsible for this... and by the Lady, I'll see their whole world burn down around them for it. He tips his hat and glides away from the woman. Speak to Julian, her boss. I'm sure he'll help you arrange a right proper funeral fer her. She was a good lass, he adds, before leaving the shrine. Ma petite woulda been 'bout the same age as her, if they hadn't... he starts to think, but he stops the train of thought there, because he can feel himself getting angrier. The arcane glow of his eyes begins to fade as he reassumes control of his mind. They'll pay. That's all there is to it. Ace makes his way to the Fils D'Or Inn.

Dekkah
2012-09-09, 03:39 PM
DM
As Ace mention taling to Julian, the tiny woman let out a small sight and close her eyes. You understand that she realise that she'll have to do this and explain what happened to her friends. She says in a resigned voice,
"Yeah, I'll inform them myself."
Looking at Ace more seriously, with a touch of sadness in her eyes, but also some worries, she tells the sorcerer,
"Be careful sir, dont risk your life needlessly. The killer death, nor your own, would bring Zorana back. She would not want her friends to die on her account. As I said, she didnt tell me directly, but I am sure that is why she kept her friends and allies away from that mission."
Atfer that warning, she bid Ace farewell.

The human walk toward the Fil D'Or Inn. He spot the young man at his post still once he is within sight of the Inn. There seem to be a lot of people inside and Ace can hear some music come from inside.

What do you do exactly from here?

Dekkah
2012-09-13, 09:18 AM
Bumping in case you had not been notified (forum can be glitchy).

I am not pressuring you though, I understand that school started and it might be because of this that you have not had time to reply yet :).

Shadow_Elf
2012-09-15, 01:55 PM
Ace
The Vistani decides how he is going to play this, and then strolls into the Inn as if he owns the place. He smiles cordially at the greeter, but walks past her to the bar to address the innkeeper. Sir, that friend of mine I was looking for earlier? She's dead, and she was killed while meeting with that client of yours at a warehouse in town. This is now a murder investigation, and I represent the Watch in this. I need the key to his room, sir. Now.

What Charisma check do you want for this? Ace isn't exactly a representative of the watch, which means Bluff might make sense, but most of it is not outright lying. Some of it might sort of fit Intimidate, while others might fit Diplomacy better.

Dekkah
2012-09-17, 09:28 AM
DM
Ace enter the inn and can see an huge difference from sooner today. While it wa almost empty and dull around lunch time, the building is full and lively right now. There is some gnomish bards playing loud music and entertaining the place. The waitress are at works and none intercept the vistasini this time.

Ace walk across the room and with a quick scan he spot a few familiar faces. First, he spot the 4 young nobles at a table, they appear to be ploting something, keeping to themselves in a corner. Ace follow one of them gaze and spot the woman he helped sooner with those richs thugs who is sitting with 3 merchants and is apparently oblivious to the young mens and Ace. Eve is nicely dressed, like some imporant lady, in a nicely crafted red gown. She also wear nice jewelry, a neckles and pair of earring make out of crisom stones. Still, Ace feels that her gown isnt really to charm the mens, but more to impress them.

He also spot the two night shift guard of the inner gate he suspect of being on the enemies payroll. The two mens are sitting at an isolated table where there seem to be some card game being played. From what he sees, there is big money being played there.

Once at the bar, the barman completly buy Ace words and doesnt even ask for any form of evidence to his claims. He pull out a key from a locked box behind his bar and hand it to the sorcerer.
"Room 17 sir."

Are you going directly to the room?

Shadow_Elf
2012-09-17, 09:42 AM
Ace
I appreciate your cooperation. One more thing. The two men gamblin' over there? They're part a' an ongoin' investigation. If they try ta leave, delay 'em 'til I'm done upstairs. If they don't try ta leave, don't bother 'em. I need ta speak with 'em after my search a' tha room is done.

With that, Ace heads straight upstairs.