PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VII D20 Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook (version 1.10)

Pages : [1] 2

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-02-09, 04:14 PM
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack :)

Right, now that i've got that off my chest, i have decided to start a new thread on this subject. i know my first attempt was overall poor but i'm determined to finish this project.

below is a link to be able to download a new completed first draft of the Final Fantasy VII Core Rulebook. i would appreciate it if you could look through it and give me some tips on how to improve it, or what needs working, etc.

so, without further ado, i give you the Final Fantasy VII d20 Roleplaying Game. Enjoy :)

FINAL FANTASY VII D20 ROLEPLAYING GAME v1.18 (http://boonce.org/up/Final Fantasy VII d20 Roleplaying Game v1.18.rar)

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-02-11, 01:13 PM
Does anyone have any feedback?

Killercloud
2012-02-11, 04:44 PM
This is amazing. I really like the way it looks, I want to playtest it before I give any concrete critique.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-02-11, 06:14 PM
Thank you. Im in the process of making the character sheet and as soon as i've finished it i'll upload it and post the link here

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-02-12, 05:43 PM
Ok, i've just uploaded the character sheet and have posted the link beneath the link to the core rulebook on the 1st post.

any more feedback for the system?

Zeta Kai
2012-02-12, 09:29 PM
Thank you very much for making this. I've been kicking around the idea of making a D20 conversion of FF7 for years (sort of a sequel for my FFX D20 mega-project), & now I don't have to. This project that you made here has such comprehensive depth that there is no need to make my own. It appears at first glance to be a very polished project, one that bears the marks of a long thorough development cycle. Kudos.

One thing though (isn't there always): The materia chapter contains the game's status effects, but they seem to belong elsewhere. There's nothing to tie them into the materia section, & they seem like they would fit better in Chapter XII: Combat. Is there a reason for this?

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-02-13, 01:29 AM
Thank you Zeta Kai, i really appreciate it. Actually, there is no reason at all. I see what you're saying though, i'll update it as soon as i can.

Anything else that needs changing or working on?

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-02-14, 05:49 AM
For anyone who is interested, i should have the Chocobo Racing Track up within the next couple of weeks; just making it even as we speak :smallbiggrin:. Until then, does anyone else have any thoughts on the system?

Zeta Kai
2012-02-14, 08:23 AM
This may be more work than you're willing to invest, so I would understand if you would balk at my suggestion, but hear me out. I would propose that if you want more feedback from the forum here, you would get it much more readily if you posted your material here directly, rather than merely linking it. I speak from experience here, as I'm known, if nothing else, for very large projects.

A massive multi-hundred page PDF is a lot to digest, even if one is enthusiastic about the material, as I am. But a thread where you have posted that same material, a little at a time, would be much more easily read & absorbed, leading to a much better reception. You don't even have to put much effort into it; a simple copy/paste job would do, with a link still available to the pretty-pictures-&-format PDF version.

I love what I've seen of your work, & I want your project to reach as many eyes as possible, but I think that you need to meet the forum more than halfway on something like this. I hope that this is helpful to you.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-02-14, 08:33 AM
thanks for your advice Zeta Kai. I must admit, that seems like the better option. My hands a tied at this very second but by tonight i will have posted most of the important chapters on this thread :smallsmile:

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-02-14, 09:08 AM
i'm really sorry for the inconvience but i am going to take Zeta Kai's advice and post all relevent infomation in the core rulebook here to make it a lot easier for you guys to review. so kicking things off is...

RACES

HUMAN
Humans dominate the world and can be found in virtually every corner of the planet. They are the ancestors of early pioneers, traders, travellers, and refugees. Humans have always been people on the move. As a result, they can be found on every continent and nearly every island. As a race, Humans are physically, culturally, and politically diverse.

Human hair colour varies from black to brown to blonde, and their eye colour varies from blue to hazel. Skin shades run from very pale to nearly black, and men are usually taller and heavier than women.

Example Humans: Barret Wallace, Cid Highwind, Cloud Strife, Heidegger, Rufus Shinra, Scarlet, Tifa Lockheart, Vincent Valentine, Yuffie Kisaragi, Zack Fair.

HUMAN RACE TRAITS
Humans have the following race traits.
Medium-Size: As Medium-sized creatures, Humans have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Speed: Humans base speed is 6 squares.
Bonus Trained Skill: Humans are versatile and accomplished at many tasks. A Human character chooses one additional trained skill at 1st level.
Bonus Feat: Humans gain one bonus feat at 1st level (see Chapter 05: Feats).
Bonus Limit Break: Humans gain one bonus limit break at 1st level. Limit Breaks are entirely optional, and Human characters choosing not to gain a limit break at 1st level can choose to gain a bonus feat instead.
Automatic Language: Basic.

CETRA
The Cetra were the first race to appear on the planet; never settling, always on the move, to find their promised land, a land of extreme happiness. When a calamity from the skies fell to the planet, humans and other races went into hiding, but the Cetra fought against it; greatly reducing their number in the process.

During the time of Final Fantasy VII, Aerith Gainsborough was the only known Cetra left, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t more in the world; either unaware of their gifts or keeping them a closely guarded secret.

Other than their rare ability to talk to the planet, and their gift of healing magic, Cetra look and talk like any other Human. It is because of this that they can easily disguise their identities and blend in with the world at large.

Example Cetras: Aerith Gainsborough and Ifalna Gast.

CETRA RACE TRAITS
Cetras have the following race traits
Ability Modifiers: +4 Wis, +2 Cha, -2 Str; Cetras are generally more calmer and understandable about things, and can be highly persuasive and influential in times of need; however they do not rely on attacking others to dispute problems, choosing instead the path of negotiating.
Medium-Size: As Medium-sized creatures, Cetra have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Speed: Cetras base speed is 6 squares.
Planetary Whisper: A Cetra has the unique ability to commune with the planet; seeking its wisdom and advice when trouble is amassing. The Cetra can make a Perception check to talk to the planet (DC 20) and find out future information. The information can be cryptic or clear, understandable or ambiguous (left at the GMs discretion). If the check fails, nothing happens. On a successful check, the Cetra communes with the planet and receives information normally unavailable to them (depending on how noisy the area is when the Cetra makes the Perception check, the GM can install a penalty to the check to account for the Cetra not being able to hear properly).
If the information is too difficult for the Cetra to make out, the Cetra can choose to make another Perception check straight away to make the information more clearly understandable, but in doing so results in a -5 penalty to the check.
The Cetra can use this ability a number of times per day equal to their Charisma modifier.
Lifestream Attuned: Cetras gain an additional 5 Mako Points at each level.
Limit: Cetras gain access to the Geomancer limit tree, which is only available to members of this race.
Automatic Languages: Basic and Ancient.

GI'NA'KA
Gi'Na'Kas are a race of people who live in the Ancient Forest and the canyon of which the forest is atop of. They believe in attacking first and ask questions later; a reason why the Wolfions, their neighbouring cousins, are cautious and wary about them.

The Gi'Na'Ka are humanoid beasts that resemble Native Americans in terms of appearance. Their eye colours differ from green, brown, or yellow, and they have no hair. Gi'Na'Kas can belong to one of several tribes; however the Gi Tribe is the only known one to the world at large.

GI'NA'KA RACE TRAITS
Gi’Na’Kas have the following race traits.
Ability Modifiers: +2 Con, +2 Int, -2 Dex. Gi'Na'Kas are highly adaptable to their surroundings and clever; however they are slow to respond to threats.
Medium-Size: As Medium-sized creatures, Gi'Na'Ka have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Speed: Gi'Na'Kas base speed is 6 squares.
Primitive: As primitive creatures, Gi'Na'Ka can only gain Weapon Proficiency (simple weapons) at 1st level. Gi'Na'kas cannot gain any other Weapon Proficiency or Exotic Weapon Proficiency feats.
Low-Light Vision: Gi’Na’Ka ignore concealment (but not total concealment) from darkness.
War Cry: A Gi'Na'Ka can command a number of allies equal to his Intelligence modifier (minimum of 1) to attack a designated target of his choice. The Gi'Na'Ka can do this a number of times per day equal to one-half his heroic level (rounded-down, minimum of 1).
Automatic Languages: Basic (understand only) and Gi'naa.

GOBLIN
Goblins live on Goblin Island. They are known for their cleverness and cunning, but most are seen as an unfriendly and quick-tempered folk.

Goblins are very protective of their Zeio nuts, which are only found and grown on the island. The nut itself is used by the locals in food and in medicine; however its true tendencies are virtually unknown among the Goblin community.

Goblins are short with scabby skin and features and pointy ears. Skin and hair colour varies just like humans, as well as eye colour.

GOBLIN RACE TRAITS
Goblins have the following race traits.
Ability Modifiers: +2 Int, +2 Cha, -2 Str. Goblins are alert and intimidating, but lack physical muscle due to their size.
Small: As Small-sized creatures, Goblins gain a +2 size bonus on all Stealth checks and gain a +2 bonus to their Reflex Defence, but their lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters that of Medium-size characters.
Speed: Goblin Base Speed is 4 squares.
Bonus Trained Skill: Goblins gain Persuasion as a bonus trained skill.
Goblin Punch: Goblins are considered Medium-sized creatures in terms of unarmed attacks and gain an additional +2 bonus to damage rolls when using unarmed attacks.
Sleepel: Once per round during combat, Goblins can cast Sleep on one target within their line of sight. The Goblin makes a Spellcasting check and compares the result to the target's Magic Defence. If the roll equals or exceeds the target's Magic Defence, the target falls asleep for 1d4 rounds of combat. The sleeping target is considered prone (see Prone Targets in Chapter 12: Combat).
Automatic languages: Basic and Gobbledegook.

HALF-ALIEN
Half-Aliens are few and far between. Born from either the JENOVA Project or the DEEPGROUND experiment, Half-Aliens are, to put simply, creatures with unearthly abilities are strength. They are descendants of JENOVA, who was mistaken to being a Cetra upon the discovery of its remains at the Northern Cave.

Half-Aliens look exactly like normal humans, but with several alien-esque features; such as the slim-line face, pale skin, and striking green eyes with cat-like pupils. Because of this, just like the Cetra, they can blend in and appear like regular Humans, if it weren’t for the fact that their “mako eyes” give them away.

Example Half-Aliens: Angeal Hewley, Genesis Rhapsodos, Nero the Sable, Rosso the Crimson, Sephiroth, Weiss the Immaculate.

HALF-ALIEN RACE TRAITS
Half-Aliens have the following race traits.
Ability Modifiers: +4 Str, +4 Dex, -2 Con, -2 Int, -2 Wis, -2 Cha.
Medium-size: As Medium-sized creatures, Half-Aliens have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size, however their carrying capacity is 5x that of normal Medium-sized creatures.
Speed: Half-Alien base speed is 6 squares.
Mimic: Half-Aliens gain the special ability to mimic other characters or monsters; essentially taking on their abilities and skills. Half-Aliens could also take on other’s physical appearances as well, as long as the target in question is of Medium-size or less. Make a Spellcasting check and compare it to the target’s Will Defence. If the check fails, nothing happens. If the check equals or exceeds the target’s Will Defence, you have access to the target’s trained skills, feats, and talents. If the check exceeds the target’s Will Defence by 5 or more, you also adopt their physical form; essentially becoming them.
Also, a Half-Alien is able to take control of another’s body and force them to transform into their physical form (if the target in question has some of their DNA inside them). The Half-Alien must first make a Will check against the target. If the check fails, nothing happens. If the check succeeds, the target shape-shifts into the Half-Alien’s physical appearance, and the Half-Alien takes control of all the target’s actions until the target makes a successful Will save against the Half-Alien or when the target’s hit points drop to 0. When the Half-Alien makes the Will Check, he treats the target’s Will Defence as though it were 5 points less when determining the result of the check.
The ability lasts for number of rounds (or a number of hours if outside of the battlefield) equal to your character level.
Jenova’s Cells: A Half-Alien character gains a +10 natural armour bonus to their Reflex Defence.
Fast Healing: A Half-Alien character regains hit points at a faster rate than normal (see the Natural Healing sidebar in Chapter 10: JENOVA and the Cetra).
Immunity: A Half-Alien character is immune to all status-effects, except zombie. A spell or effect that inflicts the Half-Alien with a status-effect, with which he is immune too, automatically fail
Automatic Languages: Basic.

MOOGLE
Moogles live up in mountains or in underground caverns, choosing to live away from the hustle and bustle human civilisations. They have an obsession with nuts and some love riding chocobos; even going as far as entering chocobo races in the Gold Saucer.

Moogle's skin come in many different colours, just like chocobo's feathers; varying from white, pink, blue, yellow, and green. Their tiny wings on their back are either purple or red, but this could be because of climate rather than gender. All moogles have a long stem grown out the top of their head and attached at the end is a bright red pompom.

Example Moogles: Maggie, Meg, Mog, Mogster, Nog, Nag.

MOOGLE RACE TRAITS
Moogles have the following race traits.
Ability Modifiers: +2 Dex, +2 Int, -2 Wis. Moogles are smart and speedy, but lack common sense.
Small: As Small-sized creatures, Moogles gain a +2 size bonus on all Stealth checks and gain a +2 bonus to their Reflex Defence, but their lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of that of Medium-sized characters.
Speed: Moogle base speed is 4 squares. Moogles have a good flight speed of 6 squares, and requires a swift action to fly and a swift action to land.
Animal Affinity: Moogles gain Ride as a bonus trained skill at 1st level due to their strong connection with Chocobos.
Magic++: Moogles gain an additional 3 Mako Points at each level.
Darkvision: Moogles ignore concealment (including total concealment) from darkness. However, they cannot perceive colours in total darkness.
Claw: Moogles can only attack with their natural weapons and, as such, are proficient with their own natural weapons instead of any other weapon group. Moogle's claw damage is 1d6 + the Moogle's Strength modifier.
Automatic Languages: Basic and Kupo.

REMNANT
Remnants are born within the lifestream from the flowing JENOVA cells that have fused within the planet's blood. They are unaware that they are sent by Sephiroth as pawns for his rebirth, all they know is they must locate mother and merge with her to become whole again.

Remnants appear as human, with only a few differences. They have silvery-white hair, striking green eyes, and their skin is the colour of a pale-moon's glow. Their personalities resemble that of an empty puppet, but don't let that hinder you when developing your character.

Example Remnants: Kadaj, Loz, Yazoo.

REMNANT RACE TRAITS
Remnants have the following race traits.
Ability Modifiers: +2 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Cha, -2 Con, -2 Int, -2 Wis. Remnants are strong, fast, and influential; however they are one-track minded and unstable.
Medium-size: As Medium-sized creatures, Remnants have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size, however their carrying capacity is 5x that of normal Medium-sized creatures.
Speed: Remnant base speed is 6 squares.
Extreme Protection: Remnants gain a +3 race bonus to their Reflex Defence, Fortitude Defence, Will Defence, and Magic Defence.
Mindless Puppet: Remnants are immune to all mind-affecting effects.
Spawn: Remnants gain the monster ability, Spawn (see Chapter 18: Monsters for more details); except that Remnants can spawn monsters of any monster type they choose. All other rules concerning the Spawn ability still apply.
Attuned Senses: Remnants may reroll any Perception checks made to locate JENOVA, keeping the better of the two rolls.
Automatic Language: Basic.

SAHAGIN
Sahagins are humanoid reptiles with webbed feet and a large shell on their back like a turtle. Their scale colours varies from green to blue, red to purple, and most are seen using Tridents, however Sahagins are known to use any weapon that is easily available to them.

Sahagins are comfortable to build their colonies in underground sewage systems or in marshes. They are creatures of the swamps mainly; however they also have desert colonies as well. Sahagins are usually peaceful, but will attack anyone who attempts to threaten their families and homes.

Example Sahagins: Emperor, King.

SAHAGIN RACE TRAITS
Sahagins have the following race traits.
Ability Modifiers: +2 Dex, -2 Wis. Sahagins are quick but simple-minded.
Medium-Size: As Medium-sized creatures, Sahagins have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Speed: Sahagin's base speed is 6 squares.
Expert Swimmer: Sahagins are great swimmers, and can reroll any Swim check; taking the better of the two rolls. In addition, a Sahagin may choose to take 10 Swim checks, even when distracted or threatened.
Water Gun: As a ranged attack, a Sahagin can fire a jet of water from its mouth to all enemy targets within an 8-square radius from him, dealing 1d8 points of water damage to each target it successfully hits. Alternatively, a Sahagin can target one opponent within his line of sight, dealing 3d4 points of water damage on a successful hit.
Weapon Familiarity: Sahagins with Weapon Proficiency (simple weapons) are also proficient with the Trident.
Automatic Languages: basic and saha.

VAJRADHARA
The Vajradhara are a beast-like race that lives on the Wutai Island. They live peacefully alongside the humans that have settled nearby and even took up arms alongside them when they fought the Shinra Electric Power Company during the Wutai War. Most like to live peaceful lives, but there are some who would take up arms to defend their homelands; even go as far as enjoying bloodshed.

Vajradharas are large humanoid beasts that prefer to use primitive weapons, although they are capable of wielding rifles if they come across them. They have horns and their skin colour ranges from a very light blue to dark purple. Their eye colour is amber, crimson, or brown.

Example Vajradhara: Asura, Cala, Indra, Karura, Kinnara, Kumbhira, Rakshasa, Tai, Wu, Yaksha.

VAJRADHARA RACE TRAITS
Vajradharas have the following race traits.
Ability Modifiers: +6 Str, +2 Int, -2 Dex, -2 Wis. The Vajradhara are muscular and smart, however their reflexes are slower than that of other races and lack common sense.
Large: As Large-sized creatures, Vajradharas receive a -2 size penalty on all Stealth checks and receive a -2 penalty to their Reflex Defence, but their lifting and carrying limits are double of that of Medium-sized characters.
Speed: Vajradhara base speed is 8 squares.
Natural Armour: Due to their bulky structure and thick skin, Vajradharas receive a +4 natural armour bonus to their Reflex Defence and Fortitude Defence.
Conditional Bonus Feat: Vajradhara characters who choose the path of war gains Mighty Swing as a bonus feat.
Vitality++: Vajradharas gain an additional 5 hit points at 1st level and each time they gain a level.
Automatic Languages: Basic and Vajraian

WOLFION
The Wolfion are a near-extinct intelligent species whose place of origin is Cosmo Canyon. They are taught from a young age the Study of Planetary Life and believe themselves to be the planet's defenders. The only known tribe is the Buga tribe, however there is a great possibility that others exist as well.

The Wolfion are a combination of feline and canine. Their appearance is that of a large dog but with a mane like a lion. They have fiery-red skin and a long tail with a flame on the tip. Eye colour differs from black, orange, or yellow. When they reach 4 years old (16 months in human years), the Wolfion receive their first tattoo as a symbol of their being part of the tribe.

Example Wolfions: Deneh, Nanaki, Seto.

WOLFION RACE TRAITS
Wolfions have the following race traits.
Ability Modifiers: +2 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Int, -2 Cha. The Wolfion are strong, fast, and intelligent, however their intimidating appearance make them less approachable by humans.
Medium-Size: As Medium-Sized creatures, Wolfions have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Speed: Wolfion Base Speed is 10 squares due to them being quadrupeds.
Rage: Once per day, a Wolfion can fly into a fit of rage as a swift action. While raging, the Wolfion temporarily gains a +2 rage bonus on melee attack rolls and melee damage rolls but cannot use skills that require patience and concentration, such as Mechanics, Spellcasting, and Stealth.
A fit of rage lasts for a number of rounds equal to 5 + the Wolfion’s Constitution modifier. At the end of its rage, a Wolfion moves -1 persistent step along the condition track. The penalties imposed by this condition persists until the Wolfion takes at least 10 minutes to recuperate, during which time the Wolfion can’t engage in any strenuous activity.
Natural Weapons: Wolfions can only attack with their natural weapons and, as such, are proficient with their own natural weapons instead of any other weapon group. Wolfion's bite damage is 2d6 + Strength modifier and claw damage is 2d4 + Strength modifier. These natural weapons are classed as Simple Weapons and Wolfions are unable to take any other Weapon Proficiency or Exotic Weapon Proficiency feat.
Limit: Wolfions gain access to the Fury limit tree, which is only available to members of this race.
Automatic Languages: Basic and Cosmoyian.

Zeta Kai
2012-02-14, 09:13 AM
thanks for your advice Zeta Kai. I must admit, that seems like the better option. My hands a tied at this very second but by tonight i will have posted most of the important chapters on this thread :smallsmile:

Be sure not to go too fast. Take it slow, post material in small, easily-digested bite-sized chunks. That will allow people to read them & respond. If they understand, then they will comment on whether or not they like what they see. If they don't understand, then they will ask questions, which you can answer, thereby providing additional insight & showing off how much you thought through your work. This will also allow you to shake out the kinks, polish the material to a shine, & troubleshoot problem areas for editing.

If you post too much too quickly, people can respond quickly enough, & you've lost your opportunity. I'd suggest posting no more than one or two major pieces a day, a "piece" being defined here as a single race, single class, or a something of comparable size. I know that seems like a long time to roll out your project, but low & steady wins the race & all that. Good luck.

EDIT: Five minutes too late. Ah well. The race look good anyway. I especially like the Cetra. Wasn't Aeris only a half-Cetra though?

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-02-14, 09:27 AM
thanks for your advice

Edit: She is but i thought to make it a full-blooded race seeing as the Cetra gene is the more dominant, where as the Half-Alien race are a split-down-the-middle human/Jenova hybrid

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-02-18, 06:56 PM
does anyone have any feedback or thoughts on how to improve it?

Killercloud
2012-02-23, 06:54 PM
Okay, so I was looking over the Limit breaks section and wondered, when does the limit gauge hit zero? It you have over 5 Wisdom, I don't think it does, unless you do not possess a limit break at all.

Is that how it was supposed to be?

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-02-23, 08:09 PM
Okay, so I was looking over the Limit breaks section and wondered, when does the limit gauge hit zero? It you have over 5 Wisdom, I don't think it does, unless you do not possess a limit break at all.

Is that how it was supposed to be?

If your character doesn't possess limit breaks, and he reaches his limit, the limit gauge automatically drops to zero after using the benefits granted in the "Reaching Your limit Without Limit Breaks" section of the chapter. If you have limit breaks, your limit gauge is reduced by -5.

In other words, yes, that was how it suppose to be, unless someone has any ideas on how to make this better then i'm all ears :smallsmile:

Killercloud
2012-02-23, 08:13 PM
That would mean you hit your limit every five attacks, right?

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-02-23, 08:19 PM
i never thought of it that way :smalleek: i should really change it to "after using a limit break, your limit gauge is reduced to zero", shouldn't i?

Thank you for pointing that out.

Killercloud
2012-02-23, 08:27 PM
I'd think so, if you wanted to stack effects like Tifa's Limit break, those could be exceptions that say something like:

"Using this limit break reduces your limit gauge by five for the purposes of using other limit breaks of this Talent Tree next round, otherwise your limit gauge drops to zero."

Yeah, the way I was seeing it was Limit breaks would just start to loose what made them special if they were so constant.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-02-23, 08:37 PM
Thanks for that, i'll make the changes as soon as possible.

Also, i'll wait until there are a few changes that need to be made before posting a version 1.11

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-02-25, 03:37 AM
Anymore thoughts or feedback about the system?

edsaurus
2012-02-26, 02:14 PM
I really don't like the MP system. You will never be able to cast magic how many times you want (obviously you have a limit of how many times you can cast in a day) but you have to use them only a few times, and classes have the same Mako Points.
I wanted something like MP in a day, that you can use to cast magic and something like that.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-02-26, 02:34 PM
i based the MP system solely on how Force Points are used in the Star Wars d20 Saga Edition and i personally think it is the fairest way of controlling how MP is gained. Of course, there are a couple of races that get additional MP at each level, but there is no limit to how many times you can cast magic, just as long as you have the MP to do so (Summons are an exception, as they are too powerful to keep casting them).

On the other hand, i do want to make this the best ff7-to-d20 conversion there is so any ideas on how to improve it i'll be most grateful :smallsmile:

edsaurus
2012-02-26, 04:57 PM
I think that a system that makes you use Mako Points a number of times per day instead of "I use them and they are gone until I level up" would be better.
Something like the Spell Point system for D&D. Obiviously Mages will have more MP, Soldiers will have less.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-02-26, 05:05 PM
ah ok, i'll have a go at it and post it here for review. Until then, anything else that needs working on?

edsaurus
2012-02-26, 05:12 PM
A little bestiary will be appreciated, not all the DM have the will to create an entire bestiary. :3

I think that the player should be able to equip more materias. Just 8 at level 20 isn't a great thing, I think.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-02-26, 06:11 PM
the bestiary is already underway. As there are too many monsters in the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII, it seemed necessary to have its own document. The few monsters in the core rulebook are there to give GMs an idea on how monsters are presented.

As for the number of materia a character can equip, a 20th level character wearing armour and holding two weapons can equip 24 pieces of materia. Weapons that require both hands to hold are considered two weapons, and therefore will benefit from equipping up to 16 materia to it (going by the 20th level character example).

Zeta Kai
2012-02-26, 08:42 PM
As there are too many monsters in the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII, it seemed necessary to have its own document. The few monsters in the core rulebook are there to give GMs an idea on how monsters are presented.

If you count up all of the monsters in FF7, there are 301 total (I don't count the 9 Test monsters, but I of course do include all of the arms & bosses & whatnot). That's a bit more than the 257 monsters in FF10, which I made stats for in the the FFX-D20 project (http://www.pdf-archive.com/2011/10/27/ffx-d20-v1-1/#). C'mon, you can do it! It only takes forever!! :smallwink:

Nihilarian
2012-02-26, 09:33 PM
All right. This seems like it's based off of d20 modern, which I haven't played much at all.

All of the races seem too powerful. Of course, since they're all too powerful I guess they could be balanced compared to each other, which is more important than balance compared to other systems.

One thing I noticed: In the game, Nanaki got weapons like anyone else (his own, unique weapons), allowing him to keep up with the other characters without needing special rules. In your game, he will be one of the most powerful melee characters, especially at 1st level (natural strength bonus, rage, and 3 natural attacks that each deal 2 die of damage means you don't want to end your turn within this guys reach). I don't think I saw magic weapons, so the normal balancing factor is absent (natural attacks can't be enchanted) though being unable to equip as much materia might put some balance in it. If I knew more about the system I could probably break this in half (Most likely with a monk type character, or possibly a rogue type, or both)

Despite never playing in D20 modern or related systems, I have to say that for the most part this system does look pretty good. Wish I could help more.

Since Zeta plugged his system, I might as well plug the system (http://www.finalfantasyd20.com/ffd20/index.html) I'm currently using. :p

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-02-27, 01:40 AM
hey, don't worry, plug all you want :smallbiggrin:. Thank you for your advice. Nanaki obviously had natural weapons in ff7 and the magical feathers were enhancements to his attacks. At the moment, i have no idea on how to incorporate them so i left it at natural weapons for him.

Any help on this matter will be appreciated.

Zeta Kai: thanks, i'll make the best monster manual anyone has ever seen:smallbiggrin:

Servbot
2012-02-27, 10:37 AM
This looks impressive. Lemme just... bookmark this thread right here. I'd need to digest the entire PDF before I could provide feedback, but I like what I see so far.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-02-27, 12:16 PM
This looks impressive. Lemme just... bookmark this thread right here. I'd need to digest the entire PDF before I could provide feedback, but I like what I see so far.

Thank you. I appreciate any input to making this better :smallsmile:

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-02-27, 06:54 PM
Right, this is the situation i have at the moment. I'm doing the stats for the monster Demon's Gate but i'm stuck at what species it will be. Would it be an Aberration or a Spirit, or another type? Any help here?

Zeta Kai
2012-02-27, 10:32 PM
Right, this is the situation i have at the moment. I'm doing the stats for the monster Demon's Gate but i'm stuck at what species it will be. Would it be an Aberration or a Spirit, or another type? Any help here?

I would say a demonic construct such as the Demon's Gate (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Demon's_Gate) would be an Aberration, according to your conversion guidelines. Here's where I would start with the stats:

Climate: Underground or NONE
Type: Aberration
Speed: NONE (Immobile)
Attacks: Falling Rocks, Cave-In, Petrif-Eye, Demon Rush
Size: Huge or Gargantuan
Level: 10

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-02-27, 11:14 PM
I would say a demonic construct such as the Demon's Gate (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Demon's_Gate) would be an Aberration, according to your conversion guidelines. Here's where I would start with the stats:

Climate: Underground or NONE
Type: Aberration
Speed: NONE (Immobile)
Attacks: Falling Rocks, Cave-In, Petrif-Eye, Demon Rush
Size: Huge or Gargantuan
Level: 10

Thanks for that. I'll post it here see what other's think of it.

Edit: Here it is; Demon's Gate...

DEMON'S GATE
Demon’s Gate is the guardian of the Temple of the Ancients. Created thousands of years prior to the events of Final Fantasy VII, The Cetra devised a way to protect their religious sects from unwanted guests and intruders. Demon’s Gate was the answer to that question.

DEMON’S GATE
Challenge Level 10
Gargantuan Aberration 9
Init +8; Senses Perception +12; darkvision
Defences Ref 28, Fort 30, Will 26, Mag 22
HP 150; MP 19; Threshold 30
Speed none (immobile)
Melee Claw +11 (3d6+7)
Fighting Space 12x1; Reach 3 squares
Base Attack +6; Grp +11
Special Qualities Darkvision (4 squares), Spell Resistance (earth, half; gravity, no effect; poison, no effect), Terrifying Presence
Abilities Str 20, Dex 8, Con 20, Int 4, Wis 17, Cha 4
Spells Cave-In, Rock Drop
Feats Crush, Pin, Skill Focus (Spellcasting), Skill Training (Initiative)
Skills Initiative +8, Perception +12, Spellcasting +9

Natural Armour Bonus
Demon's Gate recieves a +10 natural armour bonus to Reflex Defence due to its thick scaly skin.

Cave-In
Cave-In is a variation of the blizzard spell that deals 1d8 points of ice damage to all enemy targets within reach of Demon’s Gate. It may spend an additional Mako Point (up to its Wisdom modifier) to increase the damage by +1 die.

Rock Drop
Rock Drop is a variation of the quake spell that deals 2d6 points of earth damage to all enemy targets within reach of Demon’s Gate. It may spend an additional Mako Point (up to its Wisdom modifier) to increase the damage by +1 die.

Zeta Kai
2012-02-28, 09:34 AM
That looks good; one down, only 300 more to go! :smallwink:

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-02-28, 11:30 AM
That looks good; one down, only 300 more to go! :smallwink:

Thank you :smallsmile:

Here's Jenova --synthesis-- for you guys to look at.

JENOVA --synthesis--
Challenge Level 18
Colossal Aberration 17
Init +16; Senses Perception +25
Defences Ref 33, Fort 55, Will 42, Mag 37
HP 560; MP 27; Threshold 55
Speed 8 squares (fly; perfect)
Melee Gore (repeating slap; silence*) +22 (4d6+18)
Fighting Space 5x5; Reach 6 squares
Base Attack +12; Grp +22
Special Qualities Spell Resistance (earth, no effect; gravity, no effect; poison, absorb), Terrifying Presence
Supernatural Abilities Mimic, Regenerate
Abilities Str 31, Dex 11, Con 47, Int 10, Wis 28, Cha 6
Spells Bio, Cure, Drain, Stop, Ultima
Feats Shake It Off, Skill Focus (Initiative, Perception, Spellcasting), Skill Training (Initiative, Perception)
Skills Initiative +16, Endurance +31, Perception +25, Spellcasting +16

*Repeating Slap inflicts the target with the Silence status-effect if JENOVA’s attack roll exceeds the target’s Reflex Defence by 5 or more.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-02-29, 03:31 PM
Is there anything else that needs improving?

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-03-03, 08:57 AM
just so everyone knows im in the process of updating the core rulebook, so any contributions will be very much appreciated :smallsmile:

edsaurus
2012-03-05, 01:59 PM
I still say that this game needs something like this, first:
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/magic/spellPoints.htm

:3

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-03-05, 02:48 PM
I still say that this game needs something like this, first:
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/magic/spellPoints.htm

:3

I've been thinking about this and i realise a system where magic is used a number of times per day, like in D&D, wouldn't work in this system. Final Fantasy 7's magic system is one where a character uses MP until they run out then replenishes it through an ether or elixir, and i wanted to be faithful to the video game above anything else.

Having said that, i'm going to change how many Mako Points each base class and prestige class have as the amount characters receive are too few. Any help on how many each class should get would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your imput :smallsmile:

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-03-10, 02:35 PM
I'll be posting a few more monsters in the coming week :smallsmile:

Any more thoughts on the core rulebook?

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-03-14, 08:14 AM
Any more thoughts on the system?

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-03-16, 12:22 PM
Right, i'm going to hold a partition: which monster stats would you guys like to see next? Choose from the list below and the one with the most votes will be posted first (partition ends 12.00 pm GMT tomorrow).

The WEAPONS (Diamond, Emerald, Jade, Omega, Sapphire, Ruby, and Ultimate).

JENOVA (birth, death, life).

LIMIT forms (chaos, death gigas, galian beast, hellmasker, lifeform Hojo, etc).

edsaurus
2012-03-16, 02:18 PM
Normal monsters, especially of low level, then bossess and high level monsters :3

Dust
2012-03-16, 07:30 PM
I'd really be curious to see the most ridiculous thing you think a party of d20 characters could face off against, using this system, and live. So, probably the Weapons.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-03-18, 11:21 AM
The WEAPONS it is then. I should have them up within the next couple of days, and a heads up now, they are all level 20 :smallwink:

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-03-27, 07:04 AM
sorry for the lateness everyone but i had family issues i had to attend too. The WEAPONs stats will be up shortly, but in the meantime, is there any more feedback on the system?

Kazen169
2012-04-07, 02:49 PM
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack :)

Right, now that i've got that off my chest, i have decided to start a new thread on this subject. i know my first attempt was overall poor but i'm determined to finish this project.

below is a link to be able to download a new completed first draft of the Final Fantasy VII Core Rulebook. i would appreciate it if you could look through it and give me some tips on how to improve it, or what needs working, etc.

so, without further ado, i give you the Final Fantasy VII d20 Roleplaying Game. Enjoy :)

Core Rulebook (http://www.4shared.com/get/JO86CqC2/Final_Fantasy_VII_D20_Roleplay.html)

Character Sheet (http://www.4shared.com/office/QdfR7Wc-/FFVII_D20_Character_Sheet.html)

Chocobo Racing Track (reserved for link at later date)
I love you and want to have your babys. XD lol

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-04-07, 02:54 PM
I love you and want to have your babys. XD lol

Thank you lol, i'm glad you like it. Is there anything in particular you liked about it or is there anything to improve on?

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-04-18, 03:28 PM
Is there any more feedback on the system? I'm currently going over the core rulebook so any advice will be greatly appreciative.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-04-25, 04:54 PM
Sorry for the severe delay everyone, but here they are: The WEAPONs...

THE WEAPONs
The WEAPONs are monstrous humanoids that were created by the planet as a defence mechanism when JENOVA crashed on its surface. When the Cetra sealed the calamity in what is now known as the Northern Cave, the WEAPONs went into a deep sleep; waiting to be called upon again.
Thousands of years later, Sephiroth summoned meteor, and the WEAPONs were reawakened to the threat immediately, and targeted the cause of the threat, however since Sephiroth sealed himself deep within the Northern Cave, the WEAPONs were unable to sense him and went on a rampage across the planet in their state of confusion.

Diamond WEAPON
Colossal Aberration 20
Init +10; Senses Perception +19
Defences: Ref 39*, Fort 55, Will 38, Mag 42
Weaknesses: Thunder
HP 763; MP 30; Threshold 55
Speed 1 square
Melee Gore (foot stomp) +20 (4d6+15)
Fighting Space 6x6; Reach 5 squares
Base Attack +15; Grp +20
Special Qualities: Low-Light Vision, Spell Resistance (fire, half; gravity, no effect), Terrifying Presence
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 10, Con 37, Int 11, Wis 13, Cha 2
Spells: Fire, Flash
Feats: Immunity (melee attacks, ranged attacks, unarmed strikes), Skill Focus (Perception, Spellcasting), Skill Training (Survival)
Skills: Endurance +28, Perception +19, Spellcasting +19, Survival +16
*+10 natural armour bonus

Emerald WEAPON
Colossal Aberration 20
Init +18; Senses Perception +21
Defences: Ref 40*, Fort 59, Will 41, Mag 43
Weaknesses: Thunder
HP 820; MP 30; Threshold 59
Speed 2 squares (swim)
Melee Gore (foot stomp) +23 (4d6+18)
Fighting Space 6x6; Reach 4 squares
Base Attack +15; Grp +23
Special Qualities: Breathe Underwater, Spell Resistance (earth, no effect; gravity, half; ice, absorb; water, absorb), Terrifying Presence
Abilities: Str 27, Dex 10, Con 43, Int 11, Wis 17, Cha 3
Spells: Aire Tam Storm, Emerald Beam, Emerald Shoot, Revenge Stamp
Feats: Improved Defences, Skill Focus (Initiative, Perception, Spellcasting), Skill Training (Initiative, Survival)
Skills: Initiative +18, Perception +21, Spellcasting +21, Survival +18

Jade WEAPON
Colossal Aberration 20
Init +17; Senses Perception +21
Weakness: Thunder
Defences: Ref 39, Fort 57, Will 41, Mag 42
HP 782; MP 30; Threshold 57
Speed 6 squares (fly; perfect)
Melee Slam +21 (3d6+16)
Fighting Space 7x4; Reach 3 squares
Base Attack +15; Grp +21
Special Qualities: Spell Resistance (earth, no effect; gravity, no effect), Terrifying Presence
Abilities: Str 23, Dex 8, Con 39, Int 9, Wis 17, Cha 2
Spells: Dark Mist, Homing Projectile, Laser
Feats: Improved Defences, Immunity (melee attacks, unarmed strikes), Skill Focus (Initiative, Perception), Skill Training (Initiative)
Skills: Initiative +17, Perception +21, Spellcasting +18

Omega WEAPON
Colossal Aberration 20
Init +19; Senses Perception +18
Defences: Ref 40 (flat-footed 32), Fort 60, Will 40, Mag 43
HP 858; MP 30; Threshold 60
Speed none (immobile)
Melee Claw +25 (3d8+20) or
Melee Claw +20 (3d8+20) and Slam +20 (3d6+20)
Fighting Space 7x7; Reach 5 squares
Base Attack +15; Grp +25
Special Qualities: Spell Resistance (earth, no effect; gravity, no effect; thunder, no effect), Terrifying Presence
Abilities: Str 31, Dex 12, Con 47, Int 13, Wis 17, Cha 4
Spells: Comet, Crystal Cubes, Homing Projectile, Lifestream Absorb
Feats: Immunity (melee attacks, ranged attacks, unarmed strikes), Skill Focus (Initiative, Spellcasting), Skill Training (Perception)
Skills: Initiative +19, Perception +18, Spellcasting +21

Ruby WEAPON
Colossal Aberration 20
Init +18; Senses Perception +15
Defences: Ref 39, Fort 59, Will 42, Mag 43
HP 839; MP 30; Threshold 59
Speed none (immobile)
Melee Claw +24 (3d8+19) or
Melee Gore (left tentacle) +19 (4d6+19) and Gore (right tentacle) +19 (4d6+19)
Fighting Space 5x5; Reach 6 squares
Base Attack +15; Grp +24
Special Qualities: Spell Resistance (earth, absorb; fire, absorb; gravity, no effect; ice, absorb; thunder, absorb; water, no effect), Terrifying Presence
Abilities: Str 29, Dex 11, Con 45, Int 12, Wis 21, Cha 4
Spells: Comet, Flamethrower, Laser, Shadow Flare, Ultima, Whirlsand
Feats: Crush, Pin, Skill Focus (Initiative, Spellcasting, Survival), Skill Training (Survival)
Skills: Initiative +18, Spellcasting +23, Survival +23

Sapphire WEAPON
Colossal Aberration 20
Init +19; Senses Perception +19
Defences: Ref 41 (flat-footed 40), Fort 55, Will 39, Mag 44
HP 744; MP 30; Threshold 60
Speed 6 squares (swim)
Melee Slam +19 (3d6+14)
Fighting Space 5x10; Reach 4 squares
Base Attack +15; Grp +19
Special Qualities: Breathe Underwater, Spell Resistance (gravity, no effect; water, no effect), Terrifying Presence
Abilities: Str 19, Dex 12, Con 35, Int 13, Wis 13, Cha 1
Spells: Blizzard, Sapphire Beam
Feats: Improved Defences, Improved Damage Threshold, Skill Focus (Initiative, Perception, Spellcasting), Skill Training (Perception)
Skills: Initiative +19, Perception +19, Spellcasting +19

Ultimate WEAPON
Colossal Aberration 20
Init +14; Senses Perception +18
Defences: Ref 39*, Fort 58, Will 41, Mag 43
HP 801; MP 30; Threshold 63
Speed 2 squares (ground), 6 squares (fly; perfect)
Melee Claw +22 (3d8+17) or
Melee Claw +17/+17 (3d8+17) with Double Attack or
Melee Claw +12/+12/+12 (3d8+17) with Triple Attack
Fighting Space 4x4; Reach 4 squares
Base Attack +15; Grp +22
Special Qualities: Spell Resistance (earth, no effect; gravity, no effect; water, no effect), Terrifying Presence
Abilities: Str 25, Dex 9, Con 41, Int 10, Wis 17, Cha 3
Spells: Quake, Shadow Flare, Thunder, Ultima
Feats: Crush, Double Attack, Improved Defences, Improved Damage Threshold, Pin, Triple Attack
Skills: Initiative +14, Perception +18, Spellcasting +18

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-04-30, 05:44 PM
Any thoughts on the WEAPONs?

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-05-04, 12:01 PM
Does anyone have any feedback on the WEAPONs or the game system?

Darkruler
2012-05-06, 12:30 PM
Hey! Just saw this thread on a google search and it looked interesting.

Ahem, haven't gotten a chance to look over everything, but I did look at the WEAPONS. And they seem to be a little low on health. I mean Ruby weapon has 539 HP, while something like the Tarrasque has around 800ish(Based on what I saw on the DnD wiki). Just seems to be low balling it a bit if they're supposed to be level 20.

Now granted there might be something to the system I haven't seen that explains this, but just my 2cents.

Love where this is going btw.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-05-06, 01:43 PM
thanks for your thoughts, Darkruler. I'm in the process of making a monster manual for this system, which will have stats for over 150 monsters seen across The Compilation of Final Fantasy VII, as well as rules for GMs on how to make their own monsters. I'll correct their hp. After reading your post i thought to myself their hp is quite low lol.

Any more thoughts on the system?

Darkruler
2012-05-07, 10:06 PM
Sorry bout not replying, was a bit busy and had to register to download the info.

Anyway, I haven't read the whole rule book, but I've read about half and see the character sheet. I think it's looking good so far, just finished the races, they look decently balanced.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-05-08, 10:16 AM
Thanks:smallsmile: Is there anything you've seen so far that could do with changing or improving?

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-05-09, 03:58 PM
If anyone is interested, i have created a thread over at the Recruitment page on the Play-by-Post section for those interested in helping me playtest this system. if you are intruiged, please head on over there (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13201463#post13201463).

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-05-11, 08:51 AM
Does anyone have any thoughts on the core rulebook? I have increased the WEAPONs hit points as they were too low for 20th level monsters. Also, i'm still recruiting players for the playtest if anyone is interested.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-05-12, 06:25 PM
I'll be posting several new monsters over the coming two weeks. Is there any thoughts on the system?

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-05-13, 05:25 PM
Here are a couple more monsters for review.

2-FACED
2-Faced are floating balls that bare a happy face on one side and an angry face on the other. it is said they appear in hot deserts and wastelands, waiting to attack unaware passers-by.

2-FACED
Small Aberration 4
Challenge Level 5
Init +5; Senses Perception +2; low-light vision
Defences Ref 17 (flat-footed 14), Fort 13, Will 13, Mag 12
HP 19; MP 8; Threshold 13
Speed 4 squares (fly; clumsy)
Ranged Slam +6 (1d4+3)
Fighting Space 1; Reach 5 squares
Base Attack +3; Grp +1
Special Qualities Low-light vision, spell resistance (earth; no effect)
Abilities Str 6, Dex 16, Con 6, Int 4, Wis 11, Cha 2
Spells Bomb Blast, Cure
Feats Improved Defences, Toughness
Skills Spellcasting +7, Survival +7

BOMB BLAST
Type: Non-Elemental.
MP Cost: none (reaction).
Effect: The monster self-destructs after being successfully attacked three times with a ranged or melee weapon; causing all enemy targets within a 12-square radius from its position to receive 3d8 points of energy damage and are moved -3 steps down the condition track.
Special: Player characters do not receive XP for the encounter if the monster self-destructs by the effects of this spell-like ability.

JENOVA --birth--
JENOVA --birth-- is a form of JENOVA that appears once a certain amount of its cells have formed a reunion. it is by far its weakest form but still may present a problem to those unfarmiliar to its nature.

JENOVA --birth--
Gargantuan Aberration 5
Challenge Level 6
Init +2; Senses Perception +10
Defences Ref 17, Fort 26, Will 27, Mag 18
HP 134; MP 15; Threshold 31
Speed none (immobile)
Melee none
Fighting Space 3x3; Reach 3 squares
Base Attack +3; Grp +10
Special Qualities Spell Resistance (gravity, no effect; poison, no effect), Terrifying Presence
Abilities Str 25, Dex 10, Con 25, Int 9, Wis 17, Cha 4
Spells Bio, Cure, Laser, Stop
Feats Improved Damage Threshold, Skill Focus (Spellcasting)
Skills Perception +10, Spellcasting +13

LASER
Type: Non-elemental.
MP Cost: 3.
Effect: A monster can make ranged attack against a single target or a group of targets within a 6-square radius from itself. If the attack succeeds, the monster can fire a laser from its eyes, hand, or tail, dealing 1d10 points of energy damage to the target(s) hit points.
Special: By spending an additional Mako Point (up to the monster’s Wisdom modifier) you increase the damage dealt by this spell-like ability by +1 die.

danzibr
2012-05-14, 08:27 PM
I have to say I've skimmed the pdf and love it. The one thing that jumped out to me is the Wolfion's aging stats. IIRC the epilogue of FFVII is 500 years later, and Red XIII looks to be in his prime.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-05-14, 09:12 PM
thanks for your comment. What do you think would be their aging structure? I want all help i can get so feel free to point out more problems and offering solutions :smallsmile:

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-05-16, 01:49 PM
Does anyone have any feedback on the Core Rulebook or on the monsters that are posted?

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-05-19, 01:00 AM
Any more feedback on the book?

danzibr
2012-05-19, 07:36 AM
thanks for your comment. What do you think would be their aging structure? I want all help i can get so feel free to point out more problems and offering solutions :smallsmile:
Well... he's looking pretty robust at almost 550 years old, I'd say no more than middle-aged. But Bugenhagen says at 48 years old he's more like a 16 or 17 year old for humans, so it wouldn't be linear.

Adulthood for a human is 15 years, so adulthood for his race should be maybe 40 years.

Then middle age is 35 years. Assuming Nanaki is middle-aged in the epilogue, I'd guess something like this:

birth-40 not yet adult (split this up how you wish)
40-400 adult
400-??? middle-aged
etc.

You can pretty much do whatever as long as 500 isn't decrepit.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-05-19, 10:15 AM
Well... he's looking pretty robust at almost 550 years old, I'd say no more than middle-aged. But Bugenhagen says at 48 years old he's more like a 16 or 17 year old for humans, so it wouldn't be linear.

Adulthood for a human is 15 years, so adulthood for his race should be maybe 40 years.

Then middle age is 35 years. Assuming Nanaki is middle-aged in the epilogue, I'd guess something like this:

birth-40 not yet adult (split this up how you wish)
40-400 adult
400-??? middle-aged
etc.

You can pretty much do whatever as long as 500 isn't decrepit.

Thanks for that. Is there anything else you've noticed that may need revising?

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-05-30, 05:03 PM
FINAL FANTASY VII D20 ROLEPLAYING GAME (ver. 1.12) (http://www.4shared.com/office/s9NXlo8l/Final_Fantasy_VII_d20_Roleplay.html)

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-01, 09:16 AM
Are there any more thoughts on the book, or any help in improving it?

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-07, 04:27 PM
Version 1.11 updates include the following:

Gazetteer of all towns and cities.
Several typos corrected.
The Chocobo Breeding chapter has been removed to be inserted in the Monster Manual.

Is there anymore thoughts on the book?

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-26, 05:14 PM
Is there any more thoughts on the system? I know it seems like nagging but i do need assistance to make this project better.

Princess Tracy
2012-06-26, 05:35 PM
And now I have to download it all over again. Oh well. Still pushing the machine chapter to its limits. I have som eideas I'll forward to you. Probably most of the problems are in magic since it's a new system, so since I haven't had a chance to see much of that, I won't be able to comment on it for a while I'm afraid. Unless we start another game where I play a mage-type character. There's an idea - set it in Dirge of Cerberus, because I still haven't played that game so even the default plot would probably surprise me.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-06-27, 04:39 PM
Sounds like a good idea, but i won't GM it as i find running multiple games can get confusing.

If you read through the chapters you haven't done so already, it might give you an idea on how the system fits into place.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-07-01, 04:51 PM
Is there any more thoughts on the book?

JetThomasBoat
2012-07-01, 10:08 PM
I've only just been skimming it a little, since I'm doing a lot of other things, but I was going to say one thing I noticed are some things about the races. I think Moogles wouldn't have d6 claws. It's a rare small size class creature that does have d6 claws. And also, you mention the sahuagin having shells but I didn't see them having natural armor. If there's one thing that would have natural armor, I would say it it's something with a big turtle shell.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-07-02, 01:33 AM
Thanks for point that out, i'll change it now. Would 2d4 be the appropriate die for Moogle claws?

JetThomasBoat
2012-07-02, 09:56 PM
No, I was thinking less damage would be better. Like I'm as big a fan of moogles as the next guy (possibly more than some), but because of their cutesy design and the fact that they're small size class, I'd say 1d4 at most, possibly even 1d3. If you look at a lot of creatures with claws that have low or no level adjustments in normal D&D, you'll notice that most of the ones that are medium size have d4 claws. Like an example would be Lizardfolk. If I remember correctly, they only have d4 claw damage. And kobolds, which are small size class, have d3 claw damage. That's why I'm thinking a moogle shouldn't start out with that high of a damage die. Maybe allow the Improved Natural Weapon feat from the Monster Manual, that would allow the damage die to be increased to d6 (or d4 if you chose to start it at d3) or maybe make some kind of moogle specific feat.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-07-03, 12:46 AM
Thanks for that, is there anything else you've noticed that may need changing or improving?

JetThomasBoat
2012-07-03, 01:53 AM
Thanks for that, is there anything else you've noticed that may need changing or improving?

I've been cooking all night and haven't had a chance to take another look at it.

DragGon7601
2012-07-13, 10:08 AM
I've been thinking about this and i realise a system where magic is used a number of times per day, like in D&D, wouldn't work in this system. Final Fantasy 7's magic system is one where a character uses MP until they run out then replenishes it through an ether or elixir, and i wanted to be faithful to the video game above anything else.

Having said that, i'm going to change how many Mako Points each base class and prestige class have as the amount characters receive are too few. Any help on how many each class should get would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your imput :smallsmile:

Aren't you forgeting about each towns inn and all the tents you found/brought? These recoved both HP and MP to there max. For the default world you could say that without a 'one use camp site in a bottle' (Tent) you cant get a good nights sleep and don't recover anything, with one you spend 8 sleeping in some magicial field that resores your HP and MP. In other worlds things would be as normal, able to camp anywere and recover there MP but not there HP.

Also has anyone put this up elsewhere? I don't like how 4shared.com wants me to sign up. I'm sure they just want to spam me... Or give my info to the cops when it comes time for them to meet the same fate as MegaUpload. I have found a copy on scribd.com (http://www.scribd.com/doc/86603457/Final-Fantasy-VII-D20-Role-Playing-Game-Core-Rulebook) that I can view but its only 1.10 so it don't have all the updates. Plus I cant download from there without signing up either. Why are sites doing this.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-07-13, 11:21 AM
I think that's probably why not many people are able to view the book and comment about it. What good site do you recommend to upload it too?

Also, i've been thinking about adding Tents to the game so thanks for your imput :smallsmile:. I'll add them in the next update.

Is there anything else from the book you've seen needs improving on?

DragGon7601
2012-07-15, 09:51 PM
I don't know about upload side of it but downloading from mediafire (http://www.mediafire.com/) is easy enough. And that scribd.com site let me look at it without downloading so some may like that. It makes things a pain for you when it comes time to update but the more places it is the more likely people will look at it. or beter yet finish getting the data up on https://sites.google.com/site/finalfantasyviid20/ (I'm guessing thats your site, sorry if I'm wrong) as this will let people see sections they want without downloading the whole thing.

I was mainly intrested in the Magic system as I was thinking of making one simirlar to FF7 myself. With that being the only area I really checked and the book I was using being an older version I would like to hold off on my input untill I can get a better look.

So far you have done better than I could hope to, so keep up the good work.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-07-16, 01:37 AM
Thanks, i'll try them out as soon as i can.

The google website is mine but i sort of gave up on it lol.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-07-16, 04:10 PM
is there any more feedback on the system?

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-07-17, 08:38 AM
Forget the link to the updated book a few posts up, this is the new updated book uploaded to a different site, which will hopefully allow everyone to download it without having to sign up. please PEACH as i want to make this system the best it could be and every thought and advice is highly appreciated.

FINAL FANTASY VII D20 ROLEPLAYING GAME - CORE RULEBOOK I (https://rapidshare.com/files/1031870613/Final Fantasy VII d20 Roleplaying Game - Core Rulebook I.pdf)

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-07-18, 03:21 PM
Is there any feedback on the system?

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-07-19, 07:51 PM
I've just created the relevant page to this project on the Final Fantasy Wiki. the link is here (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VII_D20_Roleplaying_Game_-_Compilation_Edition).

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-07-20, 04:12 PM
Is there any more feedback on the book?

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-07-29, 04:55 AM
Is there anymore comments or imput into the book? Also, is everyone able to download it better than before?

Dark_Ansem
2013-01-31, 04:35 AM
I could download everything. I expect Safer Sephiroth with huge anticipation :D

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-01-31, 07:01 AM
This is an old thread but the links are in my signiature.
Also, I haven't done any of the limit forms yet, would you be able to help me with them?

DarkSunLord1
2013-01-31, 07:09 PM
I haven't been able to download the core rule book. All it says is:

ERROR: Download permission denied by uploader. (0b67c2f5)

Help me out here?

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-02-01, 03:22 AM
I'm posting from my phone and away from my computer but will sort out the problem when I get home.

Servbot
2013-02-01, 06:04 AM
If there's any problems with the downloads, I can host them on a mirror that's a direct download click. :P

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-02-01, 08:26 AM
What version of the books have you got, Servbot? They should be 1.16 and should be named as they are in my signiature.

Servbot
2013-02-01, 08:29 AM
What version of the books have you got, Servbot? They should be 1.16 and should be named as they are in my signiature.

Well, mine are a little older. Downloaded them ages ago. If you can get me a working download to the newest ones (you're also free to e-mail me the books via my profile) I'll upload them and give you a link here.

Valkyn Dracon
2013-02-01, 12:36 PM
When I try using the links in your signature I get the message "Permission denied by uploader".

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-02-01, 04:21 PM
Yay, the new link in my signature is working

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-02-01, 05:42 PM
Forget the last post, I just tried the link again and still no luck. Servbot, I tried emailing you the books but it won't allow me to attach files. Help?

Servbot
2013-02-01, 05:55 PM
Uh, hm, huh. That's certainly odd! What size are the files? http://boonce.org/ These guys allow a 32mb zip file, and if you can link me that I can deliver a download link from my place. D:

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-02-02, 03:47 AM
Thanks Servbot.im at work at the moment so will make a new link by tonight.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-02-03, 04:23 AM
Ok, Thanks to Servbot, i now have a fully working link to my books for everyone to download and view at their pleasure :smallbiggrin:. so, without further ado, i give you:

FINAL FANTASY VII D20 ROLEPLAYING GAME v1.17 (http://boonce.org/up/Final Fantasy VII d20 Roleplaying Game v1.17.rar)

The link in my signature is also working now, as well.

DarkSunLord1
2013-02-03, 03:17 PM
Thank you Marc_In_Da_Room and Servebot!

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-02-03, 03:32 PM
you are welcome. The monster manual isn't finished so if you would like to help me with monster stats I'll be most greatful.

Solidchaos
2013-02-04, 10:36 AM
One thing I'd like to ask, with the double barrel pistol, it damage is listed as 3d8, yet the description says to roll damage twice, does that mean it would deal 6d8? Even if it uses ammo twice as quick as a normal pistol that's just insanely strong

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-02-04, 11:39 AM
Sorry that was an error I thought I had corrected. I was just describing it as a weapon that uses twice as much ammo as it fires two bullets instead of one, but the damage is only 3d8, not rolled twice.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-02-05, 06:15 AM
Any thoughts on the system?

Solidchaos
2013-02-05, 04:23 PM
Overall I find it pretty well done (the magic rules in particular are good considering how unique they are in saga edition), I just need a complete monster manual for a proper play test (on that note, I would play test the original 'era,' any advice on how to track exp? I was thinking Cloud and the others would be lvl 10 by the time Sephiroth summons meteor)

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-02-06, 12:46 AM
Thanks Solidchaos. What do you mean by tracking exp? And for who? If you meant the original characters of ff7, I would say Cloud would be a fighter 1/mage 1 at the start of ff7, Barrett would be a rogue 2, Tifa would be a fighter 2, and Aerith would be a rogue 1/mage 1.

Solidchaos
2013-02-06, 01:10 PM
Thanks Solidchaos. What do you mean by tracking exp? And for who? If you meant the original characters of ff7, I would say Cloud would be a fighter 1/mage 1 at the start of ff7, Barrett would be a rogue 2, Tifa would be a fighter 2, and Aerith would be a rogue 1/mage 1.

Ultimately I was going to have one of my 'at home' players go along with the main story as an extra character (kinda like white knight chronicles with the player avatar) I was more asking what level SHOULD certain characters be by certain points in the story. I figured level 2 would be a good start for the mako reactor, but what about the first northern crater trip? (After the mountain climb)

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-02-06, 01:19 PM
On that note, Solidchaos, i would say level 9-11. only reason because i statted Aerith to be level 10 when she dies at the end of disc 1.

Solidchaos
2013-02-06, 04:38 PM
Cool, thanks for the advice, I'm just trying to get a friend to help me play test the rules. Having resistance lol, the main story I'd actually use is this scenario.

http://silvertech.wikispaces.com/

Are you familiar with this? Thereturnergames made a ffrpg several years back and these people took the ff7 settin and made a fan expansion set roughly 100 years after the end of the original game.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-02-06, 05:31 PM
I can't say that I am familiar with it but its worth having a look. If SE make more games/films for the CoFF7 then I will make campaign guides for my system.

Solidchaos
2013-02-06, 08:59 PM
Well, these guys have been done with that particular setting for a couple of years at least, I was particularly interested in Silvertech's LEGION and thralls (the organizations answer to Shinra's SOLDIER and Turks respectively)

Anyway, more constructive criticism: I realize the the classes hit die and mp die seem largely inconsistent. The fighter has both the highest hit die and the second highest mp while the Mage ha both the highest hp AND mp.

IMO that wrecks havoc on balance, you should readjust hp and mp according to class.
My opinion in hit die:
D12: Fighter
D10: SOLDIER, Scout
D8: Noble, Rogue
D6: Mage

Now mp:
D10: Mage
D6:Noble, Rogue
D4: SOLDIER, Scout
D3: Fighter

This is just my opinion, feel free to keep it as such if you like, just sharing my thoughts.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-02-07, 04:36 AM
Thanks for the advice. How about I change it to this:

Hit Points
D12: Fighter, SOLDIER
D10: Noble, scout
D8: Mage, rogue

Magic Points
D6: Mage, noble
D4: Rogue, SOLDIER
D3: Fighter, scout

How does that look?

Solidchaos
2013-02-07, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the advice. How about I change it to this:

Hit Points
D12: Fighter, SOLDIER
D10: Noble, scout
D8: Mage, rogue

Magic Points
D6: Mage, noble
D4: Rogue, SOLDIER
D3: Fighter, scout

How does that look?

It's your system ultimately, that seems good but I would give the Mage a lesser hit die (adventuring gods decree that mages be squishy) and the lone highest mp die

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-02-07, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the advice, but im going to keep it as I put it in my last post. Reason being is because hit die for player characters have always been d12, d10 and d8 in my system (any lower is considered non-heroic or chocobo). As regards to mp die, I won't go higher than d6 because I want to stay true to the CoFF7 in that magic points have always been lower than hit points.

Solidchaos
2013-02-07, 02:00 PM
Fair enough, and I can accept that: up until you get the hp-mp swap materia, and your hp became 999 and mp 9999 :smallwink:

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-02-07, 02:31 PM
That is true, and its for that reason why I didn't covert the hp-mp materia into the d20 system lol.

Any more feedback on the books?

Solidchaos
2013-02-07, 06:24 PM
Sadly I've gained nothing trying to get my usual group to play test the system, I have no current issues with the books until we actually get around to it, I'll keep reviewing them and let you know anything else I find.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-02-08, 04:51 AM
Keep at it, im sure you'll get a game going. I'll keep checking the thread regularly to see if you have anything to mention about the books.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-02-09, 03:58 AM
Any feedback on the books?

Solidchaos
2013-02-10, 04:31 PM
One thing regarding magic, did you plan on expanding the magic rules? Like at certain materia levels you gain upgraded spells? (Even with investing more mp into a spell, some materia has something other than a 2 and 3 variation, like fire has flare if I'm not mistaken)
Also, summons, it mentions that their special attacks call for reflex saves (odd in saga edition since its all defense oriented) and I may have missed it but I didn't see any descriptors for what the attacks do

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-02-10, 05:07 PM
In regards to magic, if you read each spell's description it tells you that you can increase the spell damage or effect by spending certain amount more magic points. This was the best way to convert to saga rules, for example, fire-fira-firaga without making them separate materia or an improved variation of the same materia. This way, if you are low on mp, you cast weak versions of the spell, and if you have plenty of mp you can cast more powerful versions of the spell.

With summons, under each summon stat block there is a tiny bit about the summon's special attack. Its smaller font than the stat block so you can't miss it :D. Also, the bit about reflex save is a typo and needs to be fixed, thanks for pointing it out.

Solidchaos
2013-02-10, 09:21 PM
I see them now, and I suspected that the increasing cost was to represent higher versions of the spells, I even noticed that Flare has its own materia instead of being a part of fire. Sorry for missing that.
Did you mean to have any conditions for the summons special attacks? Or can they be used anytime the summon is out? If you wanted special conditions I recommend giving the attacks a little more "oomph" just my opinion :smallsmile:

:Double Edit:
One other opinion I had: you seem to have modeled the scout after Yuffie and Vincent, I would have expected the class to have a bigger mp pool (not Mage/Noble level but still) sorry for this, one of my players would love the scout but hates that they get the worst mp with the fighter. (I may have to house rule it for them, to the annoyance of the rest) :smalltongue:

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-02-11, 01:38 AM
Thanks pointing both out. With regards to summons, they can use their special attacks as many times as the summoned sees fit but not twice in two successive rounds. In other words, they use the attack one round, not in the second round, then they can use it again in the third, not in the fourth, etc.

I will change the mp pool so that Mage and Rogue are d6, SOLDIER and scout are d4, and Fighter and Noble are d3. Nobles don't need lots of mp as they use their persuasive abilities to get results.

Solidchaos
2013-02-11, 01:50 AM
Sounds good, with that I have no further input ATM, I'll ask something if I need clarification or want to toss in extra advice, one last thing: does the summon special attack get stronger as the creature gets stronger? Seems like a fair trade for only being able to use every other round. :smallsmile:

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-02-11, 02:44 AM
Summons receive a +1 bonus to their special attack every time they level up :smallsmile:

Solidchaos
2013-02-11, 02:00 PM
Okay, my gf is a HUGE Lightning fan (and honestly I am too) :smallcool:
If and when I get her into this system, she will want to recreate Light's Blazefire Saber (either for her own use or a Lightning cameo), I've seen the unique weapon rules but I've seen nothing that would give a weapon both a melee and ranged form.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-02-11, 03:56 PM
She can design the weapon to have both a melee and ranged feature, and add both the slashing and piercing damage types at a cost of 6 construction points. Then finish the weapon's construction as normal.

Solidchaos
2013-02-11, 04:28 PM
So it's precisely as simple as I thought, okay then.
Again I'll ask any other questions or offer advice as I think of it.
Now that I think of it, have you checked with Viladen at his final fantasy d20 forums? They could also offer some good advice if you ask at the right time.

http://www.finalfantasyd20.com/ffd20/index.php
Here's a link straight to the forums. Just be sure to ask if its okay to post the link for your system there. :smallsmile:

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-02-11, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the heads up, I'll check it out shortly :smallsmile:

Solidchaos
2013-02-12, 09:50 AM
There is something else regarding summon creatures: in their stat blocks you have them listed as the same level some creatures have clearly superior hp despite some having the same constitution modifier and only and extra 15 hp from toughness. (Like each bahamut for example starting from the original: had 198, Fury has 216, SIN has 211 and Zero has 217, despite having all the same con mod)

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-02-12, 10:35 AM
Look in the monster creation chapter of the monster manual, monsters get more hp at 1st level due to their size. When working out their hp for 4th level, I rolled for each monster individually and they came up with different results

Solidchaos
2013-02-12, 12:36 PM
Okay I see now (although I'd personally beef up Alexander's CON since he's a living castle lol, he should have the highest con IMO)

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-02-12, 12:57 PM
Alexander already has the highest possible Con for its level and size.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-02-14, 08:14 AM
@Solidchaos: How's your home game coming along?

Solidchaos
2013-02-14, 09:06 AM
Made an arrangement with my group, after we finish a couple of different games they'll give it a shot (this is after I make it a birthday request mind you, my group is just that hardcore against fan made systems, one player in particular is finicky as hell, he agrees now but might throw a fit when we actually get around to it)

Solidchaos
2013-02-14, 01:34 PM
Made an arrangement with my group, after we finish a couple of different games they'll give it a shot (this is after I make it a birthday request mind you, my group is just that hardcore against fan made systems, one player in particular is finicky as hell, he agrees now but might throw a fit when we actually get around to it)

And scratch this: just today after talking both of my regular player decide that they need a break from dnd in general, my gf just isn't a ff fan to my degree (she's only played 13), so I now have no group until further notice.

:smallfrown:

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-02-14, 02:05 PM
Ah cool, let me know when you start it and how it goes.

Edit: That's not good :smallfrown: hope you get a game arranged soon.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-02-16, 09:02 AM
Any more thoughts on the books? Also, what does everyone think of the Chocobo racing system?

Solidchaos
2013-02-16, 09:25 AM
I've offered all the advice and opinions I can so far, still need to play test everything (which I still presently have no group for), also sorry for pointing you to those forums, I shoulda remembered that they don't actually respond often...the naruto d20 forums are actually ALOT more active IMO

The more places you advertise, the better your chances for a response

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-02-16, 10:04 AM
thanks for the heads up, I'll keep checking from time to time to see if anyone has responded there. Also I'll check out the Naruto d20 forum.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-02-16, 10:22 AM
Just tried to register with Naruto d20 and it has a weird confirmation text that I have to unscramble. Help?

Solidchaos
2013-02-16, 10:53 AM
It's been years since I personally registered, so I don't remember that I'll take a look

Solidchaos
2013-02-16, 10:57 AM
Tell me what the message was and I can help unscramble

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-02-16, 11:01 AM
I can't remember, every time you get it wrong it becomes a different one

Solidchaos
2013-02-16, 11:03 AM
I can honestly say that for mine the new registry gave me a confirmation to unscramble, I could make it out to be Uzumaki Naruto (no caps lol), so I think the txt relates to the anime

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-02-16, 11:26 AM
Well, I haven't even heard of Naruto before now so the site will be of no use to me if I can't even register lol. I look around for other d20 forums.

Solidchaos
2013-02-16, 11:35 AM
Well, I haven't even heard of Naruto before now so the site will be of no use to me if I can't even register lol. I look around for other d20 forums.

In that case, sorry :smallfrown:
Want to see this take off and become more wide spread, but it's clear this isn't making headway in these forums at least

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-02-16, 12:14 PM
That's ok, its not your fault. You didn't know I never heard of Naruto. I'll keep looking out for other potential d20 forums.

Solidchaos
2013-02-16, 12:38 PM
One of my friends looked at the materia rules, he and I discussed them and we agree that the rules that prevent dual wielders from using their second weapon for increased materia diversity seems limiting exclusively to dual wielders, they are the only ones who suffer. Thoughts?

As it stands: materia is used as a standard action, forgoing use of the weapon's attack, you can only cast a single spell regardless of number of materia worn, we don't understand why the second weapon has to wait til third level to get materia.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-02-16, 01:54 PM
I was going with the issue of balance. If I made the second weapon able to equip materia from the get go, there could be problems with players abusing this by arming themselves to the teeth with materia, whereas in FF7, you start with very limited materia and you work your way up.

Solidchaos
2013-02-16, 04:25 PM
Diversity is power when it comes to magic :smallcool: , my friend just sees that dual wielders get no benefit from dual wielding (especially when the penalties are steeper than pathfinder/3.5 starting out) so he just sees it as a handicap if one cannot benefit from more materia with the second weapon

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-02-16, 05:20 PM
What would be your solution around this?

Solidchaos
2013-02-16, 05:48 PM
Honestly, when magic can only be used as one spell/round, the second weapon should start the materia slots as the main weapon and armor, just ultimately come out with less slots than either

Solidchaos
2013-02-16, 05:53 PM
Also, I have a recommendation, not so much for balance but for possible rp enhancement with increase power potential for PCs:

http://www.d20modernpf.com/

This system is good, but I'm just suggesting the use of the flaws/difficulties to add depth to the PCs with the benefit of extra talents (recommend no more than 2 difficulties for no more than 2 extra talents at lvl 1)

Solidchaos
2013-02-16, 06:09 PM
Honestly, when magic can only be used as one spell/round, the second weapon should start the materia slots as the main weapon and armor, just ultimately come out with less slots than either

Sorry for triple post, but instead of this, think about it this way, between materia costs, weapon costs and armor, not to mention feats in order for certain characters to wield two weapons AND the materia, you shouldn't worry about players arming themselves to the teeth at level 1 unless they have a party Noble (from personal experience, none of my players go anywhere near a non-combat class lol)

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-02-16, 07:26 PM
I like the idea of flaws/difficulties, and I will incorporate them into the system. The best place to put them is in the heroic classes chapter or make a separate chapter altogether?

On the materia/armour equipping properties, I have now changed it to thus:

WEAPON 1: 1/1/1/2/2/2/3/3/3/4/4/4/5/5/5/6/6/6/7/7

WEAPON 2: 1/1/1/1/2/2/2/2/3/3/3/3/4/4/4/4/5/5/5/5

ARMOUR: 1/1/2/2/2/2/3/3/3/4/4/4/4/5/5/5/6/6/6/6

How does that look?

Solidchaos
2013-02-16, 07:58 PM
Overall seems better, I'd personally dumb down weapon 2's final materia count to 4, but that's just me being paranoid about my players going overkill lol, my friend and I were going to go over the system this weekend, I'll keep you posted on any other issues we think of.:smallbiggrin:

Solidchaos
2013-02-16, 08:06 PM
I like the idea of flaws/difficulties, and I will incorporate them into the system. The best place to put them is in the heroic classes chapter or make a separate chapter altogether?

On the materia/armour equipping properties, I have now changed it to thus:

WEAPON 1: 1/1/1/2/2/2/3/3/3/4/4/4/5/5/5/6/6/6/7/7

WEAPON 2: 1/1/1/1/2/2/2/2/3/3/3/3/4/4/4/4/5/5/5/5

ARMOUR: 1/1/2/2/2/2/3/3/3/4/4/4/4/5/5/5/6/6/6/6

How does that look?

I'm just double posting like crazy today :smallannoyed:
But to answer your question, that depends on how many flaws/difficulties you planned on incorporating, either way I think they could go in the heroic description chapter.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-02-16, 08:43 PM
Thanks Solidchaos, I'll keep checking back occasionally :smallbiggrin:

Solidchaos
2013-02-17, 10:08 PM
Other than the stuff I already pointed out to you, we got nothing as far as balance goes, unfortunately while they were somewhat willing to help me review it, we still need to play test which they are still currently unwilling

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-02-19, 03:17 PM
Just so everybody knows, i have created a Final Fantasy VII d20 forum website for everyone to discuss my project there :smallbiggrin:. The link is in my signature.

Solidchaos
2013-02-19, 10:17 PM
Just so everybody knows, i have created a Final Fantasy VII d20 forum website for everyone to discuss my project there :smallbiggrin:. The link is in my signature.

Good site design, I'll check out the forums often for updates (I suck at stating monsters for any system), I'll register and make any comments there when I find anything

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-02-21, 05:02 PM
Thanks Solidchaos, I have added new threads to the forum to make certain aspects of the book more organised.

Solidchaos
2013-02-22, 09:33 PM
Gotta say man, I admire your tenacity to stick with this as long as you have, youve been at this since what, 2010? Longer? You accomplished this much with minimal help, I would've given up after the first month lol.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-02-23, 02:39 AM
My problem is that I don't give up lol

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-02-24, 02:10 PM
As so it keeps in line with SW SAGA ED, im thinking of dropping the SOLDIER base class and have the talent trees moved to the JENOVA and the Cetra chapter, similar to Force talent trees. What does everyone think?

Solidchaos
2013-02-26, 10:03 AM
Interesting idea, I'll have to speak with my group and let you know what they think (I assume most of the sword oriented talents would transfer to the fighter and the fighter would gain swords as a starting proficiency?)

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-02-26, 11:22 AM
Oh yes, indeed they will :smallbiggrin:

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-03-02, 10:05 AM
Does anyone have any thoughts on the system?

Solidchaos
2013-03-05, 01:18 PM
*Has said all could about system*
My group has given a condition for testing the system in a full game, we need a complete beastiary. Which you are needing help to finish :smallfrown:

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-03-05, 07:10 PM
I'm working as fast as I can lol. Its not so much the stats its the description for each monster that's the main problem. I'm trying to give a good a paragraph for each without it looking too short or a copy-paste job from ff wiki.

Solidchaos
2013-03-06, 12:37 PM
Np, not trying to rush, but I do have something to bring up: summons again.

Talking about size categories: When I played Crisis Core, I recall Ifrit being big, but not Huge he was probably Large, same for Bahamut (huge at most). Bahamut Fury was likely Huge (Gargantuan at most), and for Alexander, there is no clear example of his size in FF7, but he is CLEARLY bigger than Bahamut in FF9 and most of the time, summons keep their sizes from other games, he was most definitely colossal there.

EDIT: on an unrelated note, your site forums seems to have picked up a spammer :smallannoyed:
EDIT 2: SpamBOTS, apparently, cuz they are going to town on your forums, may want to clear that up or switch forum servers or something. :smallfrown:

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-03-06, 05:10 PM
Thanks for letting me know on both accounts, I'll make the changes and sort out the spammers.

Solidchaos
2013-03-06, 11:45 PM
Happy to help however I can :smallbiggrin:

Also, requesting some clarification on which SOLDIER talents are going to become 'force talents' as per Saga Edition and which ones will become fighter talents. (I personally think that ambusher talent tree seems more like a rogue or scout tree, and the Sword tree seems more fighterish, with the breaker falling more under SOLDIER exclusive 'force talent' style)
Finally, I've noticed that most of your talent trees consist of pre-existing material from SW Saga, have you considered using the squad leader talent tree from the Clone Wars guide? As a sort of means of recreating the lesser AVALANCHE crew (or reasonable substitutes for players doing their own game) with Aggressive, Defensive and Utility followers?

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-03-07, 04:00 PM
I made Ambusher a Scout talent tree but the SOLDIER and Breaker trees are now Mako talent trees, along with a new talent tree I have rightfully named JENOVA talent tree.

Also, I have considered followers but in the end I didn't like that idea. That's why I went with the reputation system from the SW revised core.

Solidchaos
2013-03-08, 12:28 AM
I made Ambusher a Scout talent tree but the SOLDIER and Breaker trees are now Mako talent trees, along with a new talent tree I have rightfully named JENOVA talent tree.

Also, I have considered followers but in the end I didn't like that idea. That's why I went with the reputation system from the SW revised core.

Your system your call, if and when we start a game with this tho, I'll use followers as a house rule and let you know how it goes.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-03-17, 10:55 AM
Ok, an update on some of the changes I have made for version 1.18:

- Scout's MD is now d4, making Mage the sole base class with d6 MD.
- SOLDIER is removed as a base class, with its talent tress being moved to either Scout or to the JENOVA and the Cetra chapter under the heading Mako Talents.
- Toned down the racial traits of each race so that they are not too overpowering.
- The insect chapter of the Monster Manual is now finished.
- More typos and bad spelling/grammar corrected.

anyone have anymore thoughts on the system?

Solidchaos
2013-03-21, 10:56 PM
Very interested in seeing the Monster Manual update, did you also take my suggestion of altering summon size into consideration? :smallsmile:

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-03-22, 03:56 AM
I did and I will look over them. Alexander was big in 7 but no where near as big as its counterpart in 9.

Solidchaos
2013-03-31, 12:11 AM
Fair enough, but I'd at least cap him as huge (ultimately your call)

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-03-31, 03:53 AM
That's what I was thinking.

Also, more updates for version 1.18.

The mutant chapter of the Monster Manual is now finished.
Some summon monsters have been re-sized and re-statted.
Added Difficulties to the game, located in the Heroic Traits chapter.
Updated the Playtesters and Contributors section located on the last page before the back cover.

thedarkstone
2013-04-02, 04:00 PM
Count me in. Signed up for the forum, and I'd love to help however needed.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-04-02, 04:43 PM
Thank you Darkstone, I really appreciate it. Is your user name on my forum Dark? If it is then that's ok. I've been clearing the forum of spammers and its becoming a daily routine.

thedarkstone
2013-04-02, 04:49 PM
Thank you Darkstone, I really appreciate it. Is your user name on my forum Dark? If it is then that's ok. I've been clearing the forum of spammers and its becoming a daily routine.

Yes, yes it is. And thank you! You've put so much effort into this already. I'd love to help out however possible.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-04-02, 06:12 PM
Thank you :D

have a read through the books and see what needs changing or correcting if you want. Any ideas on how to improve the system is greatly appreciated.

thedarkstone
2013-04-03, 01:16 PM
Thank you :D

have a read through the books and see what needs changing or correcting if you want. Any ideas on how to improve the system is greatly appreciated.

What first jumped out at me is how potent the Golem is. Full blindsight, out to normal vision range? That is quite potent. Usually there is a limit, often a multiple of 30. 15, 30, or 60 feet are the usual amounts; in this case, I would suggest maybe 30 ft.

In the Sahagin's traits, it says

Automatic Languages: basic and saha.
I believe it should be capitalized, yes?

Speed: Vajradhara base speed is 8 squares.
They have the same base speed as the wolfion? Error or on purpose?

+2 Str, +2 Dex, -2 Int, -2 Cha.
I dispute the -2 Int. Nanaki was brilliant, as intelligent as Hojo, potentially. I might instead have a -2 Wis, because he was rather rash at times, and I could see that being an overall trait of the race.

Fighter, mage 36 + Constitution modifier
...mages have a large amount of HP? Is that an error? Based on earlier sections of the thread, I think you may have already adjusted that in v1.18.

The noble table is in the middle of the mage talents. Should it be closer to the noble?

He gains a 1st level fighter’s hit points (1d10 + his Constitution modifier), a 1
Noted the incorrect fighter HP listed.

Mages only have 1+Int skills? That's rather low, isn't it?

In the feat table, I would include lines between the sections to better designate where the next feat-to-effect columns lie.

A question: how does one gain Mark of a SOLDIER if there is no SOLDIER base class? Is it instead based on Prestige Class?

When your hit points are reduced to less than one-third of its total score due to an enemy attack, you gain additional hit points equal to your level x two. And damage received must first be subtracted from the additional hit points, and any additional hit points remaining at the end of the encounter are removed.
I'm assuming something was there before in the original version or something, because that doesn't make grammatical sense.

Perhaps the Limit Bar should increase by increments? More when damaged more, less when damaged less. This would mean it would probably be larger (going by the Wisdom thing, 2x or 3x Wis, maybe? Or Wis x2 +10? Wis x2 +lvl?). Maybe every 5 points dealt to the character, 1 point is added to the limit bar? Or for every 5% of their health lost?

EDIT: Sorry there's so much, I just went through the whole Player's Handbook.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-04-03, 03:55 PM
Thanks for pointing out those segments darkstone.

First on the grammatical issue, it was suppose to read "any" instead of "and".

I didn't capitalise any of the languages.

Wolfions have 8 squares because they are quadrupeds and Vajradhara are large-size so they too have 8 squares speed.

I'll change the Golem's blindsight range.

I agree with your input concerning the -2 Int. Wolfions should get a -2 to wisdom instead.

You gain Mark of a SOLDIER when you go through the Mako Infusion process, basically you need to join SOLDIER or have been an experiment of Hojo to get it.

Mages now get the lowest hit points/ highest magic points. Fighters get the highest hit points/lowest magic points.

As for the feats table, I don't wish to sound rude but im not going to idiot-proof the book. As long as people can read the column heading it should be fine.

Once again thanks for the time to look of it, and im thinking of making a couple more limit feats that will help with increasing the bar more.

Anything else you noticed?

thedarkstone
2013-04-03, 03:59 PM
Thanks for pointing out those segments darkstone.

First on the grammatical issue, it was suppose to read "any" instead of "and".

I didn't capitalise any of the languages.

Wolfions have 8 squares because they are quadrupeds and Vajradhara are large-size so they too have 8 squares speed.

I'll change the Golem's blindsight range.

I agree with your input concerning the -2 Int. Wolfions should get a -2 to wisdom instead.

You gain Mark of a SOLDIER when you go through the Mako Infusion process, basically you need to join SOLDIER or have been an experiment of Hojo to get it.

Mages now get the lowest hit points/ highest magic points. Fighters get the highest hit points/lowest magic points.

As for the feats table, I don't wish to sound rude but im not going to idiot-proof the book. As long as people can read the column heading it should be fine.

Once again thanks for the time to look of it, and im thinking of making a couple more limit feats that will help with increasing the bar more.

Anything else you noticed?
Honestly, that's about it. I'm going to take a more detailed read through of the skills and feats, as well as class features, for any grammatical error or the like, or any clarity issues.

Not idiotproofing is fine. I don't mind at all.

EDIT: Oftentimes, most large creatures lose BLS. Case in point: Ogres, Trolls...

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-04-03, 05:33 PM
Thank you once again, I appreciate all the help I can get. What speed should Vajradhara have? 6 squares or 4?

thedarkstone
2013-04-04, 01:00 AM
Thank you once again, I appreciate all the help I can get. What speed should Vajradhara have? 6 squares or 4?

Hmm... I would personally say 4, considering all of the benefits they get from their size.

Also, no problem! If you need help with anything at all, I'm willing to help, up to and including content generation.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-04-04, 09:41 AM
If there is anything from the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII that you feel could be converted into d20 that isn't already covered then by all means create a framework for it and post it here. We can develop it as we go on.

thedarkstone
2013-04-04, 11:20 AM
If there is anything from the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII that you feel could be converted into d20 that isn't already covered then by all means create a framework for it and post it here. We can develop it as we go on.

You've covered most of it. I'm going to see what I can remember, see if there's anything I can work on converting.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-04-04, 12:19 PM
Thank you. It could be something like noticing a character using fighting abilities and creating a talent tree or a talent for it.

thedarkstone
2013-04-04, 12:29 PM
Thank you. It could be something like noticing a character using fighting abilities and creating a talent tree or a talent for it.

Also true. I'll see what I can come up with. Trying to remember the capabilities of various characters...

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-04-05, 07:00 PM
Today is joyous day for i have finished the Monster Manual :smallbiggrin:. So, without further ado i present to you all....

FINAL FANASY VII D20 ROLEPLAYING GAME V1.18 (http://boonce.org/up/Final Fantasy VII d20 Roleplaying Game v1.18.rar)

Solidchaos
2013-04-06, 08:18 AM
Outstanding, maybe now I can actually convince my group to play test this (one thing tho: two of the monsters, Sword Dance and Corvette, I'd have pegged as machine type monsters)

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-04-06, 09:05 AM
What makes you say that? I've always seen them a floating serpent-like animals.

Solidchaos
2013-04-06, 09:50 AM
Primarily the fact that Sword Dance at least looks like a floating buzz saw in the shape of a creature and its encountered ONLY in Shinra HQ (a very tech heavy area for enemies) if they are animals, they are heavily modified by cybernetics (can't say I've run into Corvette yet, but then I haven't 100%ed the game)

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-04-06, 10:13 AM
Good point. I'm going to go with that they were altered by cybernetics. The Blood Taste was altered with cybernetics in Dirge of Cerberus so its not stretching it too far.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-04-06, 10:50 AM
Which leads swiftly into this question: should I incorporate the rules on cybernetics from the Star Wars Saga Edition?

Solidchaos
2013-04-06, 02:41 PM
Don't see why not? Especially when you consider Barret's arm (Advent Children) and that woman from Dirge of Cerberus (forgot her name)

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-04-06, 03:56 PM
Dr Shalua Riu. Ok, then I will include them. Anything else you've seen that needs attention?

Solidchaos
2013-04-06, 10:54 PM
Beyond the Sorcerer prestige class getting a d12 hd (same problem as pure Mage at first lol, don't know how I missed it), nothing else really stands out as problematic

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-04-07, 06:09 AM
When it comes to the prestige classes, d12 isn't the highest nor is it the lowest. It goes (as I can remember off the top of my head, not got the pdfs in front of me) d10, d12, 2d10, and 2d12.

Solidchaos
2013-04-07, 01:58 PM
Regarding prestige hd, lowest I've seen is d8 (detective, officer and some others), d10, d12 and 2d8 was highest I saw

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-04-07, 03:06 PM
I know. I just checked the pdf now lol. I'll change the Sorcerer's HD to d10, or is d8 more appropriate?

Solidchaos
2013-04-07, 11:54 PM
This is just a fantasy stereotype I've always seen, mages in any setting have always been squishy (pathfinder's magus excluded, summoner too), so I'd peg it as d8

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-04-08, 07:18 AM
Ok thanks. Considering that prestige classes are suppose to improve a particular chosen pathway as it were (sorry, bad at explaining lol) and the mage is already d8, im going to change the Sorcerer HD to d10.

Solidchaos
2013-04-08, 08:40 AM
As I said many times, it's your system, so it's your call. A d10 is fine.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-04-08, 11:22 AM
Thank you for your help and support. Let me know how your game goes and give me any feedback from it.

Solidchaos
2013-04-08, 04:04 PM
Provided I start it soonish i certainly will let you know

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-04-15, 10:07 AM
Any more feedback from anyone?

Solidchaos
2013-04-17, 08:45 AM
Not so much feedback as a thought: are you familiar with the saga edition campaign Dawn of Defiance? It was a free series on the Wizards of the Coast site, since your system is saga edition, what kind of changes would you make? (Consider this a harmless challenge.)
:)

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-04-17, 09:40 AM
I haven't heard of it but if you can provide a link for quick reference then I'll have a look at it and will respond to your question :smallsmile:

Solidchaos
2013-04-17, 02:17 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/?aljbej5jdkn

Just checked it myself from the wizards site: still valid (got some extra adventures too) have fun!

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-04-17, 03:34 PM
Thanks for that. I'll have a look and I'll get back to you.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-04-19, 05:25 AM
Ok, after taking a brief look at the Dawn of Defiance campaign, im going to add the Mass Battle combat rules to the final fantasy VII d20 RPG. I'm also considering making a series of pre-made adventures for it as well.

Should the adventures take place in between Sons of JENOVA and the Meteorfall eras or in between the Meteorfall and the Awakening eras? What does everyone think?

Solidchaos
2013-04-19, 07:53 AM
Those timeframes could work, I also believe it would make a good alternate take on the Meteorfall crisis.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-05-05, 12:54 PM
Anymore thoughts on the system?

Also, to all those who have been patiently waiting for the completed monster manual, what do you think of it?

Solidchaos
2013-05-05, 08:30 PM
Very well done IMHO, contains the vast majority (if not entirety) of the ff7 bestiary. Would've expected some original work tho (may have missed it)

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-05-06, 01:16 AM
Wasn't the rules on chocobo breeding enough original work for the MM? Lol

Also, I made two feats which are exclusive to monsters (somewhere on the first 4 or 5 pages of chapter 2)

Solidchaos
2013-05-07, 12:43 AM
I misspoke, my bad. I meant some original creatures (or some other final fantasy beasties, like Omega or Gilgamesh) but this is 7 so no need :P

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-05-07, 01:28 AM
omega WEAPON is in there, if that's any help lol :smallbiggrin:

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-05-24, 05:17 PM
Does anyone have any updates or comments?

Solidchaos
2013-05-25, 09:40 AM
Nothing off the top of my head personally, I leave it to anyone else to point out anything I may have missed :smallsmile:

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-05-26, 12:30 PM
Thanks for all the help you have given me, Solidchaos. I very much appreciate it. Let me know how your home game goes :D

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-06-05, 02:48 PM
As a reminder to everyone, this is now a COMPLETE system. All it needs now are heavy reviews and input from yourselves.

Link to the current version (1.18) can be found in my signature.

Any thoughts?

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-06-28, 11:31 AM
Is there anymore feedback on the system?

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-07-02, 11:41 AM
If anyone is interested in playtesting this system, please let me know. Only condition I have is that im not gamemastering (I want to be a player :()

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-07-23, 08:11 AM

thedarkstone
2013-08-05, 01:56 AM
Haven't been able to form a group nearby me yet, partially from time constraints, partially from lack of D&Ders who also know FFVII.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-08-06, 05:02 AM
That's not a problem, let me know how it goes once you get a group together :smallsmile:

Solidchaos
2013-08-07, 07:49 PM
Been a while :)
Just thought I'd pass along something of interest that you might adjust and add to your system: do you by chance have the Ultimate Campaign for the Pathfinder rpg? It presents some optional rules for background generating, running a business and even a kingdom. Those could be converted into creating Shinra as a 'kingdom' type business. And background generation could be interesting for original story type roleplay.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-08-08, 02:44 AM
Indeed it has been a while :D
Actually, I won't be adding anymore content unless SE makes another title in the CoFF7 and even then I'll be making a campaign guide for it. This is a complete system as it stands at the moment with just fine-tuning and corrections that need doing.

Thank you anyway for advice. Depending on the game/film SE makes for the Compilation next, I may indeed be using those things in Ultimate Campaign ;-)

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-09-12, 11:21 AM
Does anyone have anymore feedback on the books and/or system as whole?

Also, are there anyone who is playing a game using this system? If so, please let me know how its going :)

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-11-01, 12:36 PM

thedarkstone
2013-12-06, 04:28 PM
Sorry, been working 40 hour weeks. I have a list somewhere, but I'll need to find it. When I do, I'll let you know.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-12-06, 05:58 PM
Thank you Darkstone, I thought everyone forgot about this lol

Solidchaos
2013-12-15, 02:32 PM
Not at all, I simply offered all the advice I could, and my crew is just unwilling to use fanmade content. (and my gf is anti-final fantasy atm)

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-12-16, 02:40 PM
Your advice has been helpful, thank you. Why are your friends unwilling to play using fanmade content?

MrAdam
2013-12-16, 03:38 PM
I like it, I especially like the monsters, you have NO IDEA How many attempts at d&D Stats for FFVII Monsters Iv'e seen ether grotesquely over or under powered but you forgot a few of my favorites, The Hellhouse, (A creepy walking gingerbread house) The Heavy Tank (A cyborg triceratops with tank treads for rear legs) the hammer blaster (A teleporting hammer wielding golem) and of course one of my personal favorites the Madouge (a lumbering flail wielding mutant humanoid...thing) Other than a few nitpicks, the monsters are well done, the rules are well done and capture the feel of FFVII quite well with it's blend of high-tech and fantasy quite well, excellent work

Solidchaos
2013-12-17, 02:42 AM
Your advice has been helpful, thank you. Why are your friends unwilling to play using fanmade content?

I think it's more accurate to say I'm the only one that's really into FF7 itself, they're willing to try it after I explained it's basically a modified version of Star Wars Saga Edition, but there's still the matter of conflicting schedules (though I was not joking about my GF being anti-FF, maybe if I threw in elements from 13)

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-12-18, 07:05 AM
I like it, I especially like the monsters, you have NO IDEA How many attempts at d&D Stats for FFVII Monsters Iv'e seen ether grotesquely over or under powered but you forgot a few of my favorites, The Hellhouse, (A creepy walking gingerbread house) The Heavy Tank (A cyborg triceratops with tank treads for rear legs) the hammer blaster (A teleporting hammer wielding golem) and of course one of my personal favorites the Madouge (a lumbering flail wielding mutant humanoid...thing) Other than a few nitpicks, the monsters are well done, the rules are well done and capture the feel of FFVII quite well with it's blend of high-tech and fantasy quite well, excellent work

thank you MrAdam, some of those monsters are more mechanical so I'll add them to the Machines chapter in the Gamemaster's Guide. The madouge, I've never heard of that creature, I dont remember seeing it in the game or in the bestiary section of the walkthrough guide :/ . You are more than welcome to help me by making those stats.

@Solidchaos: That's too bad about your GF. Let me know when you do get a game going and how it turns out.

Edit: Just looked up Madouge on the FF wiki and i do remember them now, i didnt know thats what they were called lol.

Marc_In_Da_Room
2013-12-23, 02:46 PM
Is there any other feedback from anyone?

Marc_In_Da_Room
2014-01-02, 01:28 PM
Is there any more feedback? Also, if anyone wishes to help, im making a campaign guide titled Prelude to a Crisis, which covers the time period when Shinra evolves from simple "weapons manufacturer" to "electric power company". Also, it will cover the birth of the JENOVA project and the SOLDIER project. :smallbiggrin:

Larkas
2014-01-28, 09:55 PM
I know I'm interested, but I can't offer feedback because I've not been able to playtest the system so far... :smallfrown: