PDA

View Full Version : [Legend] Inquisitor track

Tenno Seremel
2012-02-09, 05:08 PM
That's my first try on Legend homebrew… not quite sure how good/bad it is for now.

Inquisitor track

1st Circle - SealSU: as a Move or Standard Action, you can place [Sealed] condition on any one creature within [Medium] range.

*[Sealed] condition lasts 5 rounds. A [Sealed] creature takes damage equal to the KOM of the character that [Sealed] it when it activates a Supernatural or Spell-Like Ability, or when it casts a spell. Passive, always on abilities do not trigger this damage. A target with more than one seal on it is only damaged by the seal placed by the character with the highest KOM.

Bind spaceSU: as a standard action you can place [Slowed] condition for 2 rounds on on all creatures you have sealed. Fortitude save DC 10 + 1/2 your level + your KOM negates.

2nd Circle - BlazeSU: as a swift action you can place [On Fire] condition on all creatures you have sealed. You can exclude some targets from this effect if you so desire.

3rd Circle - LeechSU: when [Sealed] creature you sealed takes damage from a seal you heal a number of HP equal to your KDM.

4th Circle - DoomSU: as a move action you can apply one of the following conditions for 2 rounds to all targets you have sealed: Bleeding, Dazzled, Deafend, Revealed. Will save DC 10 + 1/2 your level + your KOM negates.

5th Circle - Empowered sealEX: Seal's damage increases to twice your KOM. You can now use Seal as a swift action and Blaze as a free action if you so desire.

6th Circle - SufferingSU: as a standard action you can apply one of the following conditions for 2 rounds to all targets you have sealed: Battered, Fatigued, Sickened. Fortitude save DC 10 + 1/2 your level + your KOM negates.

7th Circle - RaveSU: once per round as a standard action you can make 1 attack against all sealed creatures within [Melee] range. This attack deals additional [Fire] damage equal to your level.
You are now immune to [Sealed] condition.

arskyer
2012-02-10, 07:36 PM
Looks pretty good. Definitely a track I'd want to try out on a character sometime. Maybe a sage with Just Blade/Force of Will/Inquisitor? Sounds fun to me. :smalltongue:

Mechanically, it strikes me as a "nuisance" track - it's not quite an offensive track, since it's unlikely to kill anybody right off, but it'll help wear them down right quickly with status effects and constant damage when they try to use SU/SPL/spells.

The main thing that concerns me is that a lot of the abilities interfere with your capacity to use other tracks - particularly the Standard Actions needed for the 4th and 6th Circle abilities. The conditions they inflict aren't really show-stoppers so maybe it'd be appropriate to make them Move Actions?

I think that the 1st circle ability could be worded more succinctly, how's this for an alternate wording? Note that [Sealed] is a condition, which all the Cure spells can remove by default.

1st Circle - Seal (su): As a Move or Standard Action, you can place the [Sealed] condition on any one creature within [Medium] range.
In addition, as a standard action you can place the [Slowed] condition for 2 rounds on all creatures you have [Sealed] (Fortitude Save DC 10 + 1/2 level + KOM negates).

*[Sealed] Condition: Lasts 5 rounds. A [Sealed] creature takes damage equal to the KOM of the character that [Sealed] it when it activates a Supernatural or Spell-Like Ability, or when it casts a spell. Passive, always on abilities do not trigger this damage. A target with more than one seal on it is only damaged by the seal placed by the character with the highest KOM.

Tenno Seremel
2012-02-12, 03:11 AM
Yes, it was supposed to be a nuisance track. Come to think of it that means standard action use is somewhat harsh since you can't really destroy people with those effects alone ([Battered] is pretty good, though, so not sure…). I'll change that.

As for Cure spells… it can remove rather weird things that are conditions too but I'm not sure it is intended. For example, prone is a condition :}

I'll change [Sealed] description too (it was somewhat hard to write it for some reason). Thank you.

arskyer
2012-02-17, 02:32 AM
Glad I could help. :smallsmile:

As for Cure spells… it can remove rather weird things that are conditions too but I'm not sure it is intended. For example, prone is a condition

"I heal you into a standing position!" :smalltongue:

Wow, I hadn't picked up on that one. That is a... rather weird effect, to put it lightly.