PDA

View Full Version : Hmm so looking at the poster thing...

GrumpyEye
2012-02-09, 05:30 PM
Doesn't it look like Xykon and Red Eye are Linear guild members?

Cizak
2012-02-09, 05:33 PM
I'm assuming you mean Redcloak, and no. If anything it makes Nale, Sabine and Thog look like Team Evil members.

ThePhantasm
2012-02-09, 06:12 PM
Doesn't it look like Xykon and RedEye Cloak are Linear guild members?

Why do you think that? The poster is loosely divided by good / evil, that's it. Good guys vs. bad guys.

Also, the Linear Guild has worked for Xykon before and is about to again, so it shouldn't be that surprising that they are all together...

WowWeird
2012-02-10, 12:24 AM
Counterpoint-Belkar. It's more OOTS and allies on the left, and the distinguished opposition on the right.

ThePhantasm
2012-02-10, 07:14 AM
Counterpoint-Belkar. It's more OOTS and allies on the left, and the distinguished opposition on the right.

That's why I said "loosely" and then clarified with "good guys" (protagonists) and "bad guys" (antagonists).

oppyu
2012-02-10, 10:29 PM
Another interesting point; I didn't know that the Oracle was a 'bad guy'. A hint to their future involvement in the plot? Before now they've seemed fairly neutral (aside from activating the Mark of Justice, but that's a justified response to Belkar killing them.)

The Glyphstone
2012-02-10, 10:35 PM
That's been done to death repeatedly. The only reason the Oracle is on the Evil side is because it was the only recognizable character who was Belkar-sized to keep the picture symmetrical of sorts.

ThePhantasm
2012-02-12, 07:13 PM
Another interesting point; I didn't know that the Oracle was a 'bad guy'. A hint to their future involvement in the plot? Before now they've seemed fairly neutral (aside from activating the Mark of Justice, but that's a justified response to Belkar killing them.)

That's been done to death repeatedly. The only reason the Oracle is on the Evil side is because it was the only recognizable character who was Belkar-sized to keep the picture symmetrical of sorts.

That's right! This quote from OOTS author Rich Burlew brought to you by the Index of the Giant's Comments (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220195)!

Don't read too much into it. He's the most important non-Good character that is the same size as Belkar, thus keeping the composition of the poster balanced. The fact that he also represents a group that is not associated with either Xykon or the Linear Guild helps.

Really, it was down to either him or the black dragon mother for that top slot, and the dragon is too big and would have blended in with the :mitd: (and is already dead).

Dark Elf Bard
2012-02-17, 01:20 AM
Why is the snarl on both sides?

ti'esar
2012-02-17, 01:28 AM
The Snarl is the background; it's not on either "side".

Cizak
2012-02-17, 01:28 AM
It's the final boss, so to speak. It is the very last thing that would ever need to get defeated and it exists inside the world. Thus, it overlooks everything.

MyNameIsSecret
2012-02-17, 06:07 AM
The Snarl is the background; it's not on either "side".

I agree with Cizak. Also, it would like kind of strange having it on the right side... it would unbalance the symmetry quite a bit.

Goosefarble
2012-02-17, 09:59 AM
It's the final boss, so to speak. It is the very last thing that would ever need to get defeated and it exists inside the world. Thus, it overlooks everything.

I was actually hoping you'd go on one of your tangents about Ray and Voorsovias.