PDA

View Full Version : The Power of Order (3.5 Feat, PEACH)

NeoSeraphi
2012-02-09, 06:27 PM
The Power of Order
Prerequisites: Lawful Neutral, BAB +7, Must possess the Weak-Willed Flaw
Benefit: You gain the Power of Order, allowing you to challenge those who would seek to upset the nature of the world. When you fight against such an opponent, the world itself empowers you to fight on equal ground.

When you engage in combat with a creature of the Chaotic alignment whose HD exceeds your own, you gain 8 temporary hit points per HD the creature has above yours, and receive a +1 perfection bonus per HD the creature has above yours to your attack rolls, damage rolls, opposed Strength checks, and saving throws that are made against the creature or spells/powers/special attacks the creature uses against you that allow a saving throw.

For example, if your opponent has 10 HD and you have 7, you would receive 24 temporary hit points that come to you immediately during the first round of combat when you fight him, and also a +3 perfection bonus to your attack rolls, damage rolls, opposed Strength checks, and saving throws made against that creature or any special attacks it employed against you.

The temporary hit points last for the duration of combat or until they are lost. They do not refresh. However, if you engage multiple Chaotic creatures with higher HD than yours, you gain the total amount their HD exceeds yours as temporary hit points. (So if you fought 3 10 HD creatures and you only had 7 HD, you would receive a total of 72 temporary hit points, since each creature's HD exceeded yours by 3).

The stacking of temporary hit points is the only benefit that comes from multiple creatures, however. The perfection bonus to your attack rolls, damage rolls, opposed Strength checks, and saving throws apply to each creature individually. (If you were fighting a creature whose HD exceeded yours by 1, and another creature whose HD exceeded yours by 5, you would get a +1 perfection bonus when attacking/saving against the first creature, and a +5 perfection bonus when attacking/saving against the second creature).

Special: You are compelled to eliminate Chaotic forces that threaten to destroy the world. You gain the ability to instinctively sense Chaotic-aligned creatures within 30 feet of you. Each time you do so, the world will compel you to destroy that creature(s), unless you are in an area with a legitimate authority that has laws in place forbidding you to do so (So you wouldn't need to save in town, but if you met some bandits on the highway, you'd be compelled to fight them.) You must make a Will saving throw (DC 20) or be forced to engage with that creature(s) with the intent of killing them, as if you were affected by the spell dominate monster. If your hit points drop to half their maximum value from this fight, you immediately break free and may act normally, as continuing to engage in the creature would be a threat to your life.

If you are already below half your maximum hit points, you can still sense Chaotic creatures but are not compelled to destroy them.

You are never compelled to destroy a Chaotic creature that you consider an ally, though you still receive the benefits of the feat against that creature should you choose to engage it in combat and the creature has higher HD than you.

Amechra
2012-02-09, 06:53 PM
The inspiration for this feat? Please?

I kinda like it, though I was expecting something closer to what Peacemakers can do in Scrapped Princess... though a feat granting no-save mind control against every Humanoid (Human) that can see you might be a tad excessive.

NeoSeraphi
2012-02-09, 07:01 PM
The inspiration for this feat? Please?

I kinda like it, though I was expecting something closer to what Peacemakers can do in Scrapped Princess... though a feat granting no-save mind control against every Humanoid (Human) that can see you might be a tad excessive.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111126213457/blazblue/images/thumb/2/20/Jin_Kisaragi_%28Continuum_Shift%2C_Character_Selec t_Artwork%29.png/300px-Jin_Kisaragi_%28Continuum_Shift%2C_Character_Selec t_Artwork%29.png
"I am the cold steel, the blade that will bring balance to this world!"

His name is Jin Kisaragi, from the BlazBlue series.

Wyntonian
2012-02-09, 11:53 PM
Just a suggestion, but what if the "Must kill chaotic things" becomes "Must kill chaotic things, except where a legitimate authority has laws in place against such an act." That way you don't risk rolling a nat 1 and going to jail for killing some poor schmuck on the street like a chaotic stupid fool.

NeoSeraphi
2012-02-10, 12:03 AM
Good point. Adding that in.

Milo v3
2012-03-01, 05:02 AM
I like this and my Jin Fanboy brother would instantly take this. But I think there should be a follow up feat where the person takes control of their life back from the Law while still gaining some bonus.

That way I can say that awesome quote immediately after leveling up. :smalltongue:

Also on your Homebrew signature it doesn't say its a Blazblue inspired feat, you might want to fix that.

NeoSeraphi
2012-03-01, 05:08 AM
I like this and my Jin Fanboy brother would instantly take this. But I think there should be a follow up feat where the person takes control of their life back from the Law while still gaining some bonus.

That way I can say that awesome quote immediately after leveling up. :smalltongue:

Also on your Homebrew signature it doesn't say its a Blazblue inspired feat, you might want to fix that.

Jin breaks free of Yukianesa's control, not the world or the Power of Order. He's no longer psychotically compelled to kill Ragna, but whether he feels like he must eliminate the threat to the world (Ragna) remains to be seen, until the next game.