View Full Version : wereDragon

GrinningDemon
2012-02-09, 06:51 PM
I'm taking part in an upcoming game of 3.5 set in Faerun which most books are allowed except for the eastern book. I was wanting to make a weredragon but I can only find one in the 2nd edition and didn't know if there was a new verison and two is there a way to make or does someone know where I can find something like a lycanthrope that changes into a half dragon man. true dragon is not allowed so the hybrid is the only choice and I need to be able to look human for town. Please help!

Cog
2012-02-09, 08:37 PM
Hm. The closest thing I can think of would be using the usual Lycanthrope template with one of the critters from Dragon Magic: they have a few animals there with draconic appearances. None of them offer any very special abilities beyond the basic lycanthropic ones, though. Drakkensteed might be the best of them: Large size, with 23 Str, 15 Dex, and 19 Con, at 4HD, which is a good cutoff (since you lose another point of BAB after that).

blazingshadow
2012-02-09, 11:29 PM
use alter self as a spellscale?
lycantropy is supposed to be only for non magical creatures IMO

Chronos
2012-02-10, 12:13 AM
By RAW, the Lycanthrope template only allows animals. You'd need to take it up with the DM if you want a different creature type.

bloodtide
2012-02-10, 12:16 AM
The WereDragon of 2E is the Song Dragon of 3.5. You can find them in the Monsters of Faerun book(with the 3.5 update in the Dragons of Faerun book).

Myth
2012-02-10, 07:50 AM
Want to have a draconic appearance? Slap on the Dragonborn template and you're good! Bahamut even exists in the FR.