PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Warlock Invocations

Strormer
2012-02-10, 12:41 AM
Raise Eldritch Blast damage to the same progression as the rogue's Sneak Attack (+1d6 every odd level; this fixes the slower damage progression at high levels). Grant a new invocation known every level, and allow the invocations from Dragon Magic and Complete Mage (possibly allowing you to take Dragonfire Adept invocations as well; this fixes the lack of options problem with normal warlocks). Give warlocks more skill points (preferably 6+Int, but at least 4+Int; gives them better utility and more options). Grant DR/cold iron every even level (up to +10 at 20th level), change the energy resistance to 10 at level 5, 20 at level 10, 30 at level 15, and immunity at level 20, and raise Fiendish Resilience to 2/5/10 rather than 1/2/5 and allow it to be used as an immediate action (makes the class features actually worthwhile rather than worthless).

That's the quick fix. The invocations need to be buffed as well, but that requires combing through the entire list and adding a lot of new ones, which can be quite time consuming. Getting more invocations is enough to at least tide over that problem though, as long as you avoid the really bad ones and allow more options to choose from in Dragon Magic/Complete Mage.

So I've been working on a PF warlock of my own, with a few changes, but one of the most daunting tasks for such a conversion is going through the invocations, limited though they are, culling the garbage, and fixing/adding new to make a warlock more balanced and useful, as the quote above mentions. My question is this. I haven't been able to find one, but does anyone know of anyone who has gone through all of the invocations for warlocks (as well as DFA if possible) and culled the crap already? No since in doubling the work when two people could be increasing the overall quality rather than redoing each other's work. I should mention that I'm no optimizer and that I have a tendency to like crappy mechanics that are entertaining fluff wise. Thanks in advance.