PDA

View Full Version : Oh My Minion

Draig
2012-02-10, 01:47 AM
So myself and another of my DM buddies were reminiscing about our past adventures and we got onto the subject of memorable minions.

The best examples I can give are of a Kobold who began working against the party and no matter how many times the "killed" him he would continue to pop up. Even so far as he jumped out of a treasure chest and attacked the group in a hidden city. Each time he appeared he would spout the phrase "my name is inigo montoya, you kill my father, prepare to die!"

The second example is a maniacal ranger captured an albino spider to play a practical joke on another PC by stashing it in her pack, the pc found it and released it. 2 days later the albino spider attacked the party with 4 spider swarms. After a surprisingly epic battle the white spider was finally dispatched by one of the pc's. But as the party passed the body they realized the spider was just at negative 5 hp and before ne one could say ne thing the party's cleric cure critical wounds on it and it scurried away to strike another day.

These 2 examples lead me to my question, What are some memorable minions or enemies that you've either thrown at your pc's or have had thrown at you? They don't have to be serious or funny, they can be anything, but these are Memorable Minions, enemies who have truly left an impact on the lives of the PC's.

Mystify
2012-02-10, 02:14 AM
Early in my campaign,the group was attacked by a band of tieflings. They kept one alive as prisoner, questioned him, and let him go. A couple days later, a much larger group of tieflings attacked. They killed them, and found the same tiefling among the bodies, still alive, and healed him up, and questioned him again. He fed them a line about it not being his fault, he was captured by these guys and forced to tell them about the party. The party bought it, but it was a lie. He was actually the leader of the band, and was after some treasure the party had. In any case, they managed to buy some information out of him, and he ended up being a recurring contact for the party, selling them important information.

Draig
2012-02-10, 01:59 PM
I was also just reminded of when I played a cleric and summoned groups of badgers, one badger (who we designated as Bill) never died no matter how high of a CR we faced, the dm later ruled that because Bill was so good he began gaining levels.