PDA

View Full Version : Clever uses of disguise

Mystify
2012-02-10, 02:16 AM
1. At low levels, disguise your human as an elf. This causes the mage to think you are immune to sleep, and not cast it on you. (I had a villian do this, and discovered that benefit by accident)

Got any other clever uses of disguise?

Pilo
2012-02-10, 03:52 AM
Diguise yourself as a guard of a city: Enter the city without paying any taxes!
Diguise the BBEG as a city official: Ask the PCs to go kill some monsters, start a war! (And enjoy the PCs asking the official for a reward).

Thurbane
2012-02-10, 04:00 AM
3. One I just discovered today, while flipping through HoB - create fake corpses! Disguise yourself and your buddies as dead bodies.

panaikhan
2012-02-10, 08:30 AM
My halfling Synthesist in PF has the 'childlike' and 'pass for human' feats.
He's also evil.
Huge slavoring beast destroys the tavern?
~puppy-dog eyes from small (human) child~ "I didn't do it mister"

DigoDragon
2012-02-10, 09:10 AM
My cleric pulled off a good one with the Trickery domain.

We were in a dungeon that was once used as a baazar. Some of it's magical effects still worked, one being a very realistic illusion of this elf merchant that advertised the wares at specific rooms in the dungeon. Half the time the illusion's audio component didn't work, but it was mostly harmless so we ignored it.

Later on we were cornered when an opposing group of explorers came in looking to capture us. As the party hid and thought about whether to fight or flee, I used the Disguise Self spell to look like that elf merchant illusion. I walked by the opposing team, who ignored me, and when I was far enough to the other side of the room, I dropped the disguise and allowed the team to chase me.
The rest of my party was now able to escape.

As for me, I managed to lose the persuers with some well timed Hide and Move Silently rolls. :smallcool: