PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Improving an armband of maximized healing?

Callum
2012-02-10, 09:23 AM
How would increasing the number of uses per day, or the level of spell that can be affected, alter the price of an armband of maximized healing (from the MIC)? I'm finding it hard to use the suggested method of comparing the price to other commonly-used items!

Diarmuid
2012-02-10, 09:42 AM
I dont know that there's a precedent for how the pricing was broken down. Using the Lesser Rod of Metamagic as another basis doesnt really help as it's approximately double the price but isnt limited on the types of spells it can be used on, nor does it take up a magic item slot.

If I had to come up with some kind of formula, I would probably do something like (uses per day)*(maximum spell level)*800. That works out for the current price, but I feel like it could be abused by raising one side but not the other to get a lot more bang for not a lot more buck...so working in some kind of exponential growth might make more sense.

Maybe something like ((uses per day squared)+(max spell level squared))*400?

The price differences arent huge at small upgrades, but they start to widen when you get at like 5th lvl spells and like 7-8 times per day.

Ravens_cry
2012-02-10, 03:19 PM
Is the armband white with a common holy symbol stitched out in red on it by any chance?
Because that would be amusing.

Big Fau
2012-02-10, 03:28 PM
Check the DMG for the price of combining two magic items. The MiC changed the rules for doing that, but those rules don't apply to the Armband you want.