PDA

View Full Version : Proficiency without taking feats

Legendairy
2012-02-10, 10:36 AM
I am AFB right now but I do seem to remember either an enhancement or a spell that allows you to use certain weapons without having the feat without the -4 penalty. The character in question is proficient with all simple and the weapon in question is a martial one. Any help would be mucho appriciated.
Thank you all in advance.

If it is a feat or an enhancment or what have you could you please list the book its in, also no dragon mag stuff.
Again thank you.

Lonely Tylenol
2012-02-10, 10:39 AM
Master's Touch is a level 1 spell in the Spell Compendium available to bards, sorcerers and wizards, and grants weapon proficiency in the weapon of your choice for 1 minute/level.

Thurbane
2012-02-10, 11:06 AM
There's also the Skillful weapon enhancement (CAr).

Telonius
2012-02-10, 11:09 AM
There's also the "Gladiator" mask from the Master of Masks PrC (Complete Scoundrel). Grants proficiency in all martial and exotic weapons.

Legendairy
2012-02-10, 11:42 AM
The class isn't going to change so the gladiator mask is out and skillful is out cause its a ranged weapon, the spell tho is a very real possibility. Thank you all

Thurbane
2012-02-10, 12:29 PM
If it's a bow, there's always Bracers of Archery (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#bracersofArcheryLesser).

If you want to pick up all martial weapons through a single feat, there's Militia or Otherworldly. I believe both are in Player's Guide to Faerun, and must be taken at 1st level. (FWIW, I consider Otherworldly ludicrously powerful for a feat, especially at 1st level).