PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Unbreakable Ammunition, a Raptor Arrow alternative

Darkweave31
2012-02-10, 12:58 PM
Short and simple alternative to/expansion upon the favorite of many archers, Raptor Arrows. The flavor is now more general and the cost will scale better (hopefully).

Unbreakable
Only masterwork ammunition can be improved with the unbreakable property (Arrows, Bolts, Bullets, Shuriken, etc.). Ammunition with this property does not break after it is fired. Ammunition with this property can also be enchanted with the returning or teleporting abilities. Unbreakable ammunition costs ten times the normal price of the ammunition, including special materials and magical properties.

Example: A +1 Returning Unbreakable Arrow would cost 1660gp (give or take a sp). The arrow does not break after being fired and returns to the person that fired it before their next turn.

So here it is, let me know what you think.

chrisrawr
2012-02-10, 01:50 PM
Might be a bit steep for some enchantments, but makes returning Knockback into something... interesting. 5 Returning Knockback arrows for the same price as a +(6) bow that can now have other things on it? I guess that's an alright price and effect... How does it interact with Splitting?

Darkweave31
2012-02-10, 03:16 PM
I'm going to say the two arrows merge back into one as they return... I think that's what most people would say. Otherwise things get silly.

chrisrawr
2012-02-10, 03:23 PM
Fair enough, "The magic can only sustain two such immutable copies for so long before the enchantments supporting them break down" Appropriately fluffy.