PDA

View Full Version : need help finding an enchantment and/or magic weapon

big teej
2012-02-10, 04:10 PM
greetings playgrounders,

I am attempting to equip an assassin.

I intend to give them a "thinaun" blade (sucks your soul into it if it kills you.

however, somewhere in my library is an enchantment called "life stealer" or something similar

basically the idea is "On a confirmed critical hit, the target's soul is trapped within the weapon, as per magic jar"

or something like that...... it might work on a natural 20 instead of a crit.

help?

Shalist
2012-02-11, 05:50 AM
Google DnD3.5Index-MagicItems-WeaponsArmor.pdf for a nifty list of all the weapon mods and what not, though the only two things I saw in there similar to what you were asking were these:
{table=head]weapon options reference|type|description|aura|lvl|Req|cost|

Keeper’s Fang(Eb p266)|Melee only|Weapon does ‘evil’ damage with respect to Damage Reduction. If used to strike the killing blow, the opponent’s soul is trapped in the realm of the Deity of the Dead & the opponent cannot be restored to life with Resurrection, etc.|Mod Conj |9| Bind Elemental, Planar Binding, Lesser|+4
Sword of Life Stealing (DMG p228)|+2 Longsword| On a critical, the target gains a Negative Level and the wielder gains 1d6 Temporary hit-points (which fade if not used in 24 hours). The DC to remove the Negative Level after 24 hours is 16.|Strong Necro| 17 |Craft Arms & Armor, Enervation| 25,715 g[/table]

Ah, and an epic weapon:

Gripsoul (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/magicItems/weapons.htm#gripsoul)

Gripsoul is a +6 keen long-sword, but instead of dealing additional damage on a critical hit, the weapon imprisons the victim in a gem set in the pommel of the sword as per a binding spell heightened to 16th level (DC 30). The same is true of any blow that would otherwise kill a foe or knock him or her unconscious. Only one creature can be so held, but the wielder can release the bound soul at any time with a command word.

Caster Level: 27th; Prerequisites: Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Craft Epic Magic Arms and Armor, binding; Market Price: 1,856,500 gp; Cost to Create: 934,500 gp + 28,440 XP.

big teej
2012-02-12, 12:43 AM
Google DnD3.5Index-MagicItems-WeaponsArmor.pdf for a nifty list of all the weapon mods and what not, though the only two things I saw in there similar to what you were asking were these:
{table=head]weapon options reference|type|description|aura|lvl|Req|cost|

Keeper’s Fang(Eb p266)|Melee only|Weapon does ‘evil’ damage with respect to Damage Reduction. If used to strike the killing blow, the opponent’s soul is trapped in the realm of the Deity of the Dead & the opponent cannot be restored to life with Resurrection, etc.|Mod Conj |9| Bind Elemental, Planar Binding, Lesser|+4
Sword of Life Stealing (DMG p228)|+2 Longsword| On a critical, the target gains a Negative Level and the wielder gains 1d6 Temporary hit-points (which fade if not used in 24 hours). The DC to remove the Negative Level after 24 hours is 16.|Strong Necro| 17 |Craft Arms & Armor, Enervation| 25,715 g[/table]

Ah, and an epic weapon:

Gripsoul (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/magicItems/weapons.htm#gripsoul)

Gripsoul is a +6 keen long-sword, but instead of dealing additional damage on a critical hit, the weapon imprisons the victim in a gem set in the pommel of the sword as per a binding spell heightened to 16th level (DC 30). The same is true of any blow that would otherwise kill a foe or knock him or her unconscious. Only one creature can be so held, but the wielder can release the bound soul at any time with a command word.

Caster Level: 27th; Prerequisites: Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Craft Epic Magic Arms and Armor, binding; Market Price: 1,856,500 gp; Cost to Create: 934,500 gp + 28,440 XP.

ah, it would seem I was remembering a combination of that and the 9 lives stealer, a pity