PDA

View Full Version : The best monsters for a Master Transmogrifist

Nocte
2006-02-24, 12:49 PM
I'm playing a Master Transmogrifist. And I don't know what to choose for my favorite Favored Shapes.

What are the best Creatures I can choose? So far, I chose Gold Dragon and Troll.

On high levels I can use some of the especial abilities of my favored shapes. So, What do you think are the best creatures to choose?

The creatures must be of 15HD or less.

Amotis
2006-02-24, 12:58 PM
Will O' Wisp
War Troll
Lamia
Hydra(12 heads)
Black Tentacles
That one exalted mouse that can take two standard actions

Mix and repeat.

Nocte
2006-02-25, 03:34 AM
My dm only have MMI. :S So theres not war troll. Will O' Wisp is an air elemental, polymorph don't allow gaseus forms.

Maybe I can convince him to buy MMIII.

I'll take the Hydra

Thanks for all. :D

Matthew
2006-02-25, 03:51 AM
You might want to think about being able to transform into a less significant creature, such as a Rat (or Dire Rat), as sometimes small is better tha large, especially when needing to move through small spaces or perform a scouting / stealth role in the party. Just an alternative thought.

PedanticTwit
2006-02-25, 04:05 AM
My dm only have MMI. :S So theres not war troll. Will O' Wisp is an air elemental, polymorph don't allow gaseus forms.

Will o' wisps are aberrations with the air subtype; they're perfectly viable polymorph forms. Check your MM.

Anyhoo, hydras are good, will o' wisps are good, planetar is great if you can also grab fiend form (a spell that turns you into an outsider, which then would allow you to turn into an outsider with polymorph - since outsider isn't your normal form, you can take it as a favored form) ... Hmm.. Giants are also nice as base forms.

A decent thread is this one (http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=339571) over on the WotC boards. So is this one (http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=406249).

tggdan3
2008-01-07, 07:32 AM
Here are the mosnsters I chose for master transmogrifist:

1) Twelve headed hydra (12 natural attacks per round and fast healing 23!)
2) War troll (regeneration, DR, large size, 31 strength)
3) Will o the wisp (natural invisibility, immunity to most magic)
4) Phase spider (con based poison that does 1d8 con damage)
5) Rat (looks normal for any spying needed- also very small)
6) Mimic (extraordinary ability to take the shape of objects!)
7) Pixie

Other monsters to note is sundrake (blindsight 120')