PDA

View Full Version : Making Yourself Crystal

Illithilich
2012-02-10, 05:29 PM
So, im interested in making a Shaper NPC for an upcoming session, and my idea was to have it so that he had morphed himself to be partially made of crystal. Its kind of his theme. I thought there was a template in Savage Species I could have used, but it seems I was wrong. So, the NPC is a 13th level human Psion (or, starts as human). Anyone know a way to do this?

Amphetryon
2012-02-10, 05:59 PM
The Crystal Master (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040625d) PrC allows the Psion to embed crystals into his body for fun and profit. It's a decent place to start.

Renegade Mastermaker, from one of the Eberron books, is about transforming yourself into a Warforged; you could ask your DM about using it as a basis for a Psi-forged transformation instead.

Venger
2012-02-10, 09:03 PM
So, im interested in making a Shaper NPC for an upcoming session, and my idea was to have it so that he had morphed himself to be partially made of crystal. Its kind of his theme. I thought there was a template in Savage Species I could have used, but it seems I was wrong. So, the NPC is a 13th level human Psion (or, starts as human). Anyone know a way to do this?

you were probably thinking of the mineral warrior template from underdark, obtainable only by having someone cast "mineralize warrior" on you. this will make you serve them for a year and a day and modify your ability scores a little. since it's an NPC, you can say the servitude occurred in the past.

Manateee
2012-02-10, 10:01 PM
The author of Expanded Psionics Handbook wrote a prestige class called the Crystal Proselyte in Hyperconscious that gradually crystallizes, gaining various abilities relating to its sonic reverberations and sheen along the way (turning into a cognizance crystal, group protection against sound-based effects, area shatter attacks, prismatic blasts, NA boosts and various resistances and immunities).

Venger
2012-02-11, 01:52 AM
The author of Expanded Psionics Handbook wrote a prestige class called the Crystal Proselyte in Hyperconscious that gradually crystallizes, gaining various abilities relating to its sonic reverberations and sheen along the way (turning into a cognizance crystal, group protection against sound-based effects, area shatter attacks, prismatic blasts, NA boosts and various resistances and immunities).

good old bruce cordell. he writes all the good stuff