PDA

View Full Version : I feel like making a class, but I need a concept

Mystify
2012-02-11, 12:59 AM
I'm in the mood to create a homebrew class, but I need a concept for it. Anyone got any cool ideas?

EdroGrimshell
2012-02-11, 01:19 AM
A guy that infuses his equipment with power to turn even the most mundane piece of equipment into a deadly weapon. I'm working on this myself actually but i would like to see another person's take on it.

That or a necrobiologist

togapika
2012-02-11, 01:21 AM
A Genie Based class!

NeoSeraphi
2012-02-11, 01:24 AM
Snipers. RTDSTM*. An ozodrin prestige class. A bard who uses his music to animate skeletons and make them dance (and fight) to his tune. A prestige class for animal companions. A prestige class for medusas who enjoy art and try to "perfect" the "sculptures" of their victims. A series of base classes based on the paradigm system introduced in Final Fantasy XIII. Bears. A class based around raising mountains and landscaping through the shape stone and earthquake spells. A class that takes the flavor of an ur-priest (spurned divine caster who takes revenge against the gods) and gives it mechanics that don't break the game. A samurai fix.

*Rogues That Don't Suck

Xynphos
2012-02-11, 01:37 AM
A class that can animate inanimate objects that he/she touches.

bobthe6th
2012-02-11, 01:40 AM
Secound bears. Espechialy with an aura of bears...

Also, non broken thrall herd(or good leadership)

Mystify
2012-02-11, 01:41 AM
There are enough Bears in the system as it is (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12604066)

bobthe6th
2012-02-11, 01:45 AM
Ok, in jokes on a D&D forum... now I feel dirty inside.

On a side note, how about a double weapon fighter?

NeoSeraphi
2012-02-11, 02:00 AM
On a side note, how about a double weapon fighter?

+1 to this. It's actually the only fighting style I haven't personally brewed a fix for.

Amechra
2012-02-11, 02:09 AM
Ooh, could I suggest someone who becomes their own demiplane? I've been wanting to do that one... since I started DnD, but haven't thought of how to do it in a satisfactory manner.

Mystify
2012-02-11, 03:15 AM
+1 to this. It's actually the only fighting style I haven't personally brewed a fix for.
Revanent blade is already pretty awesome for that. It makes both ends count as if you are weilding it 2-handed.throw on dervish on top, and you have a really awesome double weapon fighter.

Ooh, could I suggest someone who becomes their own demiplane? I've been wanting to do that one... since I started DnD, but haven't thought of how to do it in a satisfactory manner.
Becomes a demiplane? I'm not even sure what that would do... or how you would adventure like that.

Sleepy Shade
2012-02-11, 03:35 AM
A person that hunts monsters and gains abilities related to that creature.
Ex. hunting vampires gives you some abilities of the undead but hunting giants will grant you their strength.

NeoSeraphi
2012-02-11, 03:43 AM
An aerial combat prestige class. A prestige class based around a vow of silence. A 3.5 gunslinger. A prestige class for an awakened undead who wants to return to being human (like a reforged). A changeling prestige class that slowly grants them abilities similar to a greater doppelganger (Monsters of Faerun).

No! No, I've got it! A half-elf only prestige class that is so bad ass, powerful, and unique, it makes people actually want to play a half-elf!

Amechra
2012-02-11, 03:43 AM
Revanent blade is already pretty awesome for that. It makes both ends count as if you are weilding it 2-handed.throw on dervish on top, and you have a really awesome double weapon fighter.

Becomes a demiplane? I'm not even sure what that would do... or how you would adventure like that.

Well, more like you are a living gateway to a demiplane of your own devising, that steadily grows as you level.

You would get abilities to pull stuff out of your demiplane, start up planar breaches, and the like, or ven have a way to shove someone into your Demiplane.

Mystify
2012-02-11, 03:47 AM
A prestige class based around a vow of silence.

I have a base class (https://docs.google.com/document/edit?id=1OIEhAKXEnSKBbNLVlOY1-5CNlPYe0N_n3w8rcsqd52A&hl=en) based on a vow of silence, is that good enough?

NeoSeraphi
2012-02-11, 03:49 AM
I have a base class (https://docs.google.com/document/edit?id=1OIEhAKXEnSKBbNLVlOY1-5CNlPYe0N_n3w8rcsqd52A&hl=en) based on a vow of silence, is that good enough?

Whoops. Sorry. I was just tossing out ideas at random. Just trying to help.

Mystify
2012-02-11, 03:57 AM
Whoops. Sorry. I was just tossing out ideas at random. Just trying to help.

I found it amusing that you mentioned it.

Mystify
2012-02-11, 06:44 AM
A Genie Based class!

Genie binder

Requirements:
knowledge(arcana) 9
knowledge(planes) 9
must have a familiar

Features:
{table=head] Level| Feature
1 | Bind Jani
2 |
3 |
4 | Bind Djinni
5|
6|
7| Bind Kahal
8|
9|Bind Efreeti
10| Bind Noble Djinni[/table]

Spellcasting: You continue your spellcasting advancement for your previous class

Bound genie:
You have learned how to trap and bind genies into objects. With 1 day of uninterupted work, you bind a genie into a bottle,lamp, or similar object of your choosing. You may only have 1 such genie bound at a time. This genie counts as your familiar, and gains abilities as a familiar according to your class level. If your level is not enough to give it familiar abilities, it gets no such abilities.
You may call forth your genie by rubbing its bottle as a move action. It appears in a space adjacent to its container.Your genie will do your bidding and follow your commands. The genie has whatever possessions are listed in its stat block. You may use a move action to recall the genie to the bottle, wherever it may be, as long as you hold the bottle. It will instantly return to the bottle. Anything it is carrying besides its own items will be left where the genie was.

The bottle gains hardness 10, and 20 hp. While in the bottle, the genie cannot be targeted by any effects. If the bottle is ever destroyed, the genie is instantly released from service, and will often turn on the binder.

At level 1, you may bind a janni(level-6 familiar). At level 4, you may bind a djinni(level-9 familiar), at level 7 you may bind a kahal genie(tome of magic)(level-12 familiar), and at level 9 you may bind an Efreeti(level-15 familiar). An efreeti bound to you does not have to grant wishes for you.

Bind noble djinni:
at 10th level, a Genie binder learns how to perform the elusive act of capturing a noble djinni(level-15 familiar). Unlike an Efreeti, a Noble djinni is bound to grant the wishes desired by its owner. Granting that wishes also frees it from service. This process is very time consuming and expensive, requiring 3 days and 10,000 xp to perform. The djinni is still under the normal restraints according to the bound genie ability until it is released.

Improved familiars:
The genie binder levels stack with the levels in other classes that grant a familiar for determining the familiar properties of your bound genie

Merchant
2012-02-11, 08:52 AM
A Slave Master class. Magical chains binds the slaves to him and maybe he can use any abilities, class features, or racial traits tthat they have. Maybe some damage transfering, can go both ways if he has favorites.

For the genie binder, I think it would be cool if you could expand the number of wishes one can have. Or maybe the Noble Djinn is permanant but after the first 3 wishes he remains but can only perform one wish per day. I mean it is a capstone ability of a genie focused individual.

I suggest checking out the manga Magi. It focuses on individuals that find "metal vessals' within dungouns and each is different and is associated with different elements. They even have an ability called Djinn Equip where you were part of your Djinn like a soul meld in a way.

Mystify
2012-02-11, 09:13 AM
For the genie binder, I think it would be cool if you could expand the number of wishes one can have. Or maybe the Noble Djinn is permanant but after the first 3 wishes he remains but can only perform one wish per day. I mean it is a capstone ability of a genie focused individual.

The noble djinni ispretty equivalent to an efreeti in terms of power, but the noble djinni comes with wishes. The cost to recapture a noble djinni means they aren't getting free wishes, but they are getting them at a discount. Even 1 free wish a day is enough to warp the game.

Mystify
2012-02-11, 09:58 AM
RTDSTM*.
*Rogues That Don't Suck

Rogue That Doesn't Suck
AKA magebane Rogue

Rogues like treasure. And if you have good treasure, you want to protect it? And what is the best way to protect your treasure? Magic. As such, rogues have learned how to foil magic.

Alignment
any

Hit Dice
d8

{table=head] Level|BaB| fort| Ref| will | special
1 |0| 0|2|0|Sneak attack +1d6,Magebending strike, trapfinding
2 |1|0|3|0|evasion
3 |2|1|3|1|sneak attack 2d6, trap sense +1
4 |3|1|4|1|uncanny dodge, dispelling strike
5|3|1|4|1|sneak attack+3d6, detect magic
6| 4|2|5|2|Spell resistance, trap sense +2
7| 5|2|5|2| sneak attack 4d6
8|6|2|6|2| improved uncanny dodge
9|6|3|6|3|sneak attack +5d6trap sense +3
10|7|3|7|3|special ability, Arcane sight
11|8|3|7|3| sneak attack +6d6, greater dispelling strike
12|9|4|8|4| phantom, trap sense +4
13|9|4|8|4|sneak attack +7d6
14|10|4|9|4| Hide in plain sight
15|11|5|9|5|sneak attack +8d6, trap sense +5
16|12|5|10|5|special ability
17|12|5|10|5|sneak attack +9d6
18|13|6|11|6|Greater Arcane sight, trap sense +6
19|14|6|11|6| sneak attack 10d6, special ability
20|15|6|12|6| Reaving dispel
[/table]
Class Skills
The rogue’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Appraise (Int), Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disable Device (Int), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Forgery (Int), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (local) (Int),Knowledge(arcana) (int) Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Open Lock (Dex), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spellcraft(intI), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex), Use Magic Device (Cha), and Use Rope (Dex).

Skill Points at 1st Level

(8 + Int modifier) ×4.
Skill Points at Each Additional Level

8 + Int modifier.

Class Features

All of the following are class features of the rogue.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency

Rogues are proficient with all simple weapons, plus the hand crossbow, rapier, sap, shortbow, and short sword. Rogues are proficient with light armor, but not with shields.
Sneak Attack

If a rogue can catch an opponent when he is unable to defend himself effectively from her attack, she can strike a vital spot for extra damage.

The rogue’s attack deals extra damage any time her target would be denied a Dexterity bonus to AC (whether the target actually has a Dexterity bonus or not), or when the rogue flanks her target. This extra damage is 1d6 at 1st level, and it increases by 1d6 every two rogue levels thereafter. Should the rogue score a critical hit with a sneak attack, this extra damage is not multiplied.

Ranged attacks can count as sneak attacks only if the target is within 30 feet.

With a sap (blackjack) or an unarmed strike, a rogue can make a sneak attack that deals nonlethal damage instead of lethal damage. She cannot use a weapon that deals lethal damage to deal nonlethal damage in a sneak attack, not even with the usual -4 penalty.

A rogue can sneak attack only living creatures with discernible anatomies—undead, constructs, oozes, plants, and incorporeal creatures lack vital areas to attack. Any creature that is immune to critical hits is not vulnerable to sneak attacks. The rogue must be able to see the target well enough to pick out a vital spot and must be able to reach such a spot. A rogue cannot sneak attack while striking a creature with concealment or striking the limbs of a creature whose vitals are beyond reach.

Magebending strike
Most creatures without anatomies are powered by magic. Rogues learn to disrupt that magic, and hinder the foe. When a rogue would otherwise be granted a sneak attack to a undead, construct, plant, or incorporeal creature, the rogue may instead perform a magebending strike. This does half the sneak attack dice of a normal sneak attack. In addition, the subject must make a will save of a DC of 10+rogue's sneak attack dice + rogue's dex mod, or be slowed for 1 round.

Trapfinding

Rogues (and only rogues) can use the Search skill to locate traps when the task has a Difficulty Class higher than 20.

Finding a nonmagical trap has a DC of at least 20, or higher if it is well hidden. Finding a magic trap has a DC of 25 + the level of the spell used to create it.

Rogues (and only rogues) can use the Disable Device skill to disarm magic traps. A magic trap generally has a DC of 25 + the level of the spell used to create it.

A rogue who beats a trap’s DC by 10 or more with a Disable Device check can study a trap, figure out how it works, and bypass it (with her party) without disarming it.

Evasion (Ex)

At 2nd level and higher, a rogue can avoid even magical and unusual attacks with great agility. If she makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, she instead takes no damage. Evasion can be used only if the rogue is wearing light armor or no armor. A helpless rogue does not gain the benefit of evasion.

Trap Sense (Ex)

At 3rd level, a rogue gains an intuitive sense that alerts her to danger from traps, giving her a +1 bonus on Reflex saves made to avoid traps and a +1 dodge bonus to AC against attacks made by traps. These bonuses rise to +2 when the rogue reaches 6th level, to +3 when she reaches 9th level, to +4 when she reaches 12th level, to +5 at 15th, and to +6 at 18th level.

Trap sense bonuses gained from multiple classes stack.

Uncanny Dodge (Ex)

Starting at 4th level, a rogue can react to danger before her senses would normally allow her to do so. She retains her Dexterity bonus to AC (if any) even if she is caught flat-footed or struck by an invisible attacker. However, she still loses her Dexterity bonus to AC if immobilized.

If a rogue already has uncanny dodge from a different class she automatically gains improved uncanny dodge instead.
Improved Uncanny Dodge (Ex)

A rogue of 8th level or higher can no longer be flanked.

This defense denies another rogue the ability to sneak attack the character by flanking her, unless the attacker has at least four more rogue levels than the target does.

If a character already has uncanny dodge from a second class, the character automatically gains improved uncanny dodge instead, and the levels from the classes that grant uncanny dodge stack to determine the minimum rogue level required to flank the character.

Dispelling strike(Ex)
Rogue's learn to unravel magic. When striking an opponent for sneak attack or magebending strike, the rogue produces a dispel effect. This acts as a targeted dispel magic, with a caster level equal to the rogue's level.
A rogue can also use this as a standard action to dispel a spell directly.

At level 11, this effect instead duplicated greater dispel magic.

Detect magic(Su)
at level 5, a rogue learns how to sense magical auras, so they can better find magical traps. This functions as detect magic.

Spell resistance(Ex)
At 6th level, a rogue becomes resistant to magic. This SR is equal to 11+level

Phantom(Ex)
At level 12, a rogue learns how to masks themselves from magical detection. Any divination effect that will reveal the rogue shows nothing. Any traps with a magical sensor will not trigger on the rogue. This only refers to detection of the rogue itself. See invisibility would still reveal an invisible rogue, since it is countering the invisibility, not detecting the rogue.

Hide in plain sight(ex)
At level 14, a rogue can hide in plain sight. They may make a hide check to become hidden even while being observed.

Arcane sight(Su)
At level 10, a rogue can perceive magical auras. This functions as a continual Arcane Sight spell.

At level 18, this functions as greater arcane sight.

Reaving dispel
At level 20, a rogue may choose to apply any effect they dispel with dispelling strike to themselves. They must be a valid target of the spell, but they may take the effect even if the range is personal. This lasts until the normal duration of the spell expires.

Special Abilities

On attaining 10th level, and at every three levels thereafter (13th, 16th, and 19th), a rogue gains a special ability of her choice from among the following options.

Crippling Strike (Ex)

A rogue with this ability can sneak attack opponents with such precision that her blows weaken and hamper them. An opponent damaged by one of her sneak attacks also takes 2 points of Strength damage. Ability points lost to damage return on their own at the rate of 1 point per day for each damaged ability.

Defensive Roll (Ex)

The rogue can roll with a potentially lethal blow to take less damage from it than she otherwise would. Once per day, when she would be reduced to 0 or fewer hit points by damage in combat (from a weapon or other blow, not a spell or special ability), the rogue can attempt to roll with the damage. To use this ability, the rogue must attempt a Reflex saving throw (DC = damage dealt). If the save succeeds, she takes only half damage from the blow; if it fails, she takes full damage. She must be aware of the attack and able to react to it in order to execute her defensive roll—if she is denied her Dexterity bonus to AC, she can’t use this ability. Since this effect would not normally allow a character to make a Reflex save for half damage, the rogue’s evasion ability does not apply to the defensive roll.

Improved Evasion (Ex)

This ability works like evasion, except that while the rogue still takes no damage on a successful Reflex saving throw against attacks henceforth she takes only half damage on a failed save. A helpless rogue does not gain the benefit of improved evasion.
Opportunist (Ex)

Once per round, the rogue can make an attack of opportunity against an opponent who has just been struck for damage in melee by another character. This attack counts as the rogue’s attack of opportunity for that round. Even a rogue with the Combat Reflexes feat can’t use the opportunist ability more than once per round.

Skill Mastery

The rogue becomes so certain in the use of certain skills that she can use them reliably even under adverse conditions.

Upon gaining this ability, she selects a number of skills equal to 3 + her Intelligence modifier. When making a skill check with one of these skills, she may take 10 even if stress and distractions would normally prevent her from doing so. A rogue may gain this special ability multiple times, selecting additional skills for it to apply to each time.

Slippery Mind (Ex)

This ability represents the rogue’s ability to wriggle free from magical effects that would otherwise control or compel her. If a rogue with slippery mind is affected by an enchantment spell or effect and fails her saving throw, she can attempt it again 1 round later at the same DC. She gets only this one extra chance to succeed on her saving throw. However, the spell must also beat the rogue's spell resistance a second time.

Feat

A rogue may gain a bonus feat in place of a special ability.

Merchant
2012-02-11, 10:48 AM
The noble djinni ispretty equivalent to an efreeti in terms of power, but the noble djinni comes with wishes. The cost to recapture a noble djinni means they aren't getting free wishes, but they are getting them at a discount. Even 1 free wish a day is enough to warp the game.

How about that you can have the Djinn fight for you. It says in the SRD page that a Djinn only grants the wishes. Can you have the Djinn use its spell like abilities like creating food and wine without the cost of a wish? If not add that to the class.

I would love to Gestalt this prc with the Fusionist PRC in the Hybrid III Contest. It combines all the benefits from animal companion, familiar, soul spark familiar and one more thing.

How about the Rouge can have a True Death attack an ability that causes maximum damage or additional die damage?

Mystify
2012-02-11, 10:58 AM
How about that you can have the Djinn fight for you. It says in the SRD page that a Djinn only grants the wishes. Can you have the Djinn use its spell like abilities like creating food and wine without the cost of a wish? If not add that to the class.

I would love to Gestalt this prc with the Fusionist PRC in the Hybrid III Contest. It combines all the benefits from animal companion, familiar, soul spark familiar and one more thing.

How about the Rouge can have a True Death attack an ability that causes maximum damage or additional die damage?
I specifically stated that the noble djinni is still under the bounds of the normal bound djinni, and that gives you complete command over it. That would include having it use its spell-like abilities, and fighting for you.

The true death attack could work.

NeoSeraphi
2012-02-11, 11:07 AM
The Hide In Plain Sight ability isn't as useful without an ability like Camouflage that lets you Hide when you don't have cover or concealment.

As for a capstone ability, how about whenever you successfully dispel an effect, you are allowed to take that effect for yourself for the rest of the duration?

Also magebending rogues need Spellcraft as a class skill, to identify spells and stuff.

Merchant
2012-02-11, 04:26 PM
I would say to double the sneak attack range. Not overly mystical But helpful none the less.

chrisrawr
2012-02-11, 04:41 PM
A bard who uses his music to animate skeletons and make them dance (and fight) to his tune.

I'm sort of doing this with the Dirge Symphonist, though it ends up more of an undead-focused druid/gish feel. :smallbiggrin: I'd love any ideas or collaboration for it, but I'm trying to keep it Su instead of a spellcaster.

You make some really solid brew, really quickly. I'd love to see your take on a sniper/ranged character. And possibly steal your ideas for my own.

CharityB
2012-02-11, 04:49 PM
I like classes that turn into things at the capstone (the monk becoming a native outsider at level 20 is the best example from Core). Like, a class that lets you augment yourself with technology (laser guns, advanced cyber natural armor, etc.) and at the end you become a living construct. Stuff like that.

Mystify
2012-02-11, 06:28 PM
The Hide In Plain Sight ability isn't as useful without an ability like Camouflage that lets you Hide when you don't have cover or concealment.

I find that the "nobody is looking" component is harder to satisfy than finding cover. Rangers have camafloauge to blend into nature, shadowdancers and blending into shadow, but neither feels appropriate for a base rogue.

As for a capstone ability, how about whenever you successfully dispel an effect, you are allowed to take that effect for yourself for the rest of the duration?

thats a cool one.

Also magebending rogues need Spellcraft as a class skill, to identify spells and stuff.
Yes, good idea. I'll add that.

Veklim
2012-02-11, 06:37 PM
I like classes that turn into things at the capstone (the monk becoming a native outsider at level 20 is the best example from Core). Like, a class that lets you augment yourself with technology (laser guns, advanced cyber natural armor, etc.) and at the end you become a living construct. Stuff like that.

working on it already....gimme a fairly long while!!!!!! (epic concept, giving migraines)

Vixsor Lumin
2012-02-11, 06:38 PM
A melee base class based around teleportation, a new PrC for shaper based psions, a ju jitsu-esque caster (using enemy spells against them)

Wyntonian
2012-02-11, 07:12 PM
For the double-weapon user, maybe a specific path for each weapon? Like, quarterstaff granting reach, double and and two-bladed sword granting something else, spiked chain granting a trip/grapple/whatever ability, maybe letting them work like a lasso from BoED.

If you don't do this, I will. :smallwink:

Yitzi
2012-02-11, 07:48 PM
Here's a concept if you're up for a challenge: Gandalf, minus his 5 levels in wizard.

Here's a quote that might help give inspiration:

"You cannot pass. I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass.
The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn.
Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass."

Mystify
2012-02-12, 05:13 PM
A melee base class based around teleportation

Blink striker
requirements:
must be able to cast flicker, or use flicker as a spell-like or supernatural ability
hide 10 ranks
move silently 10 ranks

Description:
A blink striker has roots in shadow magic, and devotes themselves
to its ability to teleport them. They sacrifice their wider mastery of mysteries
in order to perfect this aspect of shadow,utilizing it to strike quickly, and
then disspear. Shadow strikers are occasionally pure shadowcasters, and posses
more raw talent to flicker, but frequently they are part rouge or ninja, and
prefer to utilize the power of shadows to enhance their stealth, becoming deadly
assassins.

Class features:

1 flicker, blink strike
2 sudden strike 1d6
3 great leap 1, enhanced blink strike
4 sudden strike 2d6
5 enhanced flicker
6 great leap 2 sudden strike 3d6
7 greater leap
8 sudden strike 4d6
9 great leap 3, shadow pounce
10 sudden strike 5d6 flicker mastery

Bab full
d8
good reflex
skill points: 4+int
class skills: concentration, craft, hide, intimidate, knowledge(arcana),
knowledge(the planes),move silently, profession, spellcraft, spot

Flicker(su)
1 time/day/level, a blink striker can activate flicker as a supernatural ability. The caster level for this is the blink striker's level + their caster level in the class that grants flicker(or the caster level of the spell-like ability if not gained in a class).

blink strike
if a blink striker teleports next to an enemy, the next attack they make in
that round will catch them flat-footed. The link striker must flicker to a different sqaure than they are currently in for this ability to work.

Sudden strike:
starting at level 2, a blink striker gets the sudden strike class feature,
as tthe ninja ability. This increases by 1 dice every 2 levels
sudden strike +1d6/2 levels

Great leap (sp)
starting at level 3, 1/day a shadow blinker can use teleport as a spell-like abiltiy.
Their caster level for this is the same as for their flicker ability.
They can use this ability 1 extra time per day every 3 levels beyond 3rd

enahnced blink strike
at level 3, a blink striker can teleport their weapon into the enemy as they teleport in. When they attack with a blink strike, the attack is treated as an incorpral touch attack.

Enhanced flicker
Starting at level 5, a blink striker can use flicker to greater effect. They may
now utilize the flicker ability as a move action as long as flicker is active,
in addition to the 1/round immediate action.

Greater leap(sp)
At level 7, a shadow blinker may use greater teleport 1/day as a spell-like ability.
The caster level for this is the same as the caster level for their flicker ability.

Shadow pounce(sp)
At level 9, 1/round the shadow blinker may take a full round action immediately after a flicker, and each attack ****s as a blink strike

greater flicker
at level 7, a shadow blinker can activate flicker as a free action 1/round, in addition to the other times.

Flicker mastery(su)
A 10th level blink striker acts as if under a continuous flicker effect.

This can be used to effectively increase their overland speed by blinking multiple times a round.

a ju jitsu-esque caster (using enemy spells against them)

Spell-jitsu master

Prereqs: caster level 5
spellcraft 8 ranks
improved counterspell
improved initiative
reactive counterspell

HD: d4
1/2 BaB.
good will

Spellcasting: you advance your spells known and spells per day as if you had gained a level in a spellcasting class you took before this one.

Class features:
1. Spell-jitsu counter, improved spellcraft
2. Master counterspell
3. Spell-jitsu: ray redirection
4. Arcane spellcraft
5. Spell-jitsu: stolen power
6. reflexive counterspell
7. spell-jitsu: Defenders turning
8. spell substitution
9. spell-jitsu: Defenders ray redirection
10. Ultimiate counter

improved spellcraft:
You may add your spell-jitsu master level to your spellcraft checks to identify spells being cast by other casters.

Spell-jitsu:
If you sucessfully counterspell an enemies spell, you can utilize that effect in various ways. These abilities do not work if you use a dispell effect to counter the spell.
At level 1, you can turn the spell if it was targeted on you, as per the spell.
At level 3, you can redirect a ranged touch attack back on the caster. You must make a ranged touch attack to hit
At level 5, you may take the effect of any beneficial spell the caster tries to cast on themselves
at level 7, you may turn spell that are directed against any target within 60ft.
At level 9, you may redirect rays that are fired anyplace within 60ft of you. These rays may be fired at any target you desire. This requires a ranged touch roll. You must have line of sight to your itnended target, and line of effect from the original target

Master counterspell:
At level 2, You may use a spell of the same school and the same level when counterspelling, instead of 1 level lower as normal as per improved counterspell.

Arcane spellcraft:
At level 4, a spell-jitsu master learns to read the raw energy of a spell being cast. If under the effect of arcane sight, you may make a spellcraft check to determine a spell being cast even if you cannot see or hear the verbal or somatic components of he spell. This check occurs at a -20 penalty.

Reflexive counterspell:
At level 6, You may counterspell as an immediate action. This may be used in conjunction with reactive counterspell to counter 2 spells each round, if you sacrifice your next turn

Substitution:
at level 8, instead of invoking spell-jitsu, you may use the spells energy to cast a spell up to 1 level lower than the provoking spell. This must be a spell you can cast spontaneously, or a spell that you have prepared. Doing so does not use up a spell slot.

Ultimate counter:
You may counterspell with any spell of the same level, regardless of school

Marc_In_Da_Room
2012-02-12, 06:36 PM
how about a class based around someone who can manipulate time and space by wearing certain garments?

Alokue
2012-02-13, 06:12 PM
Can you please make a prestige class devoted completely to fighting with (perhaps upgraded)immovable rods? I feel like there'd be some really funny things you could do there.

Mystify
2012-02-13, 06:18 PM
Can you please make a prestige class devoted completely to fighting with (perhaps upgraded)immovable rods? I feel like there'd be some really funny things you could do there.
You have tickled my interest. give me bit.

Mystify
2012-02-13, 07:26 PM

Immovable blade:

Pre-reqs:
feats: quick draw
skill:climb 8 ranks
balance 8 ranks
special: Must have an immoveable rod
must weigh less than 8,000 lbs with equipment

1 Craft immovable rod, Craft immovable weapon, Immoveable pike, Hanging style
2 Safety line
3 Skewed charge, Scamper
4 Pinning strike
5 Dragonrend

Full BaB, good reflex saves

Craft immovable item:
The basic craft of an immovable blade is creating immoveable weapons, but they can extend this to other objects. This is accomplished in a similar manner to installing a wand chamber, only it is designed to contain an immovable rod. This makes the entire item immoveable when the rod is activated. It costs 300gp and a day's work to install an immovable chamber in a weapon. The weapon must be masterworked. Installing an immoveable rod into the immovable chamber takes a move action, and it can be removed with a similar amount of effort. Immoveable rods count as immoveable items.

Craft immovable rods:
Having a combat style dependent on immoveable rods means you want to ensure you have a steady supply. An immovable blade acts as if they have the feat Craft Rod. This feat can only be used to make immoveable rods, and the immoveable blade can use it even if they do not meet the prerequisites. They do require a source of the levitate spell, however. If they already possess craft rod, or gain it at a later date, they can craft immoveable rods for half price.
At level 5, the time requires to make a rod is cut in half.

Immoveable pike:
If you use a ready action to set an immoveable weapon against a charge, you deal double damage on a successful hit against a charging character. If the weapon already does extra damage on a charge, the multiplier is increased by 1.

Hanging style:
an immoveable blade learns to fight while hanging from immovable rods. This can be used with anything of the same approximate thickness of an immoveable rod. They may hang below an object and attack. This requires them to hold on with one hand, and use the other hand to fight. By making a DC 20 balance check, they can grip the object with their legs and use both hands to fight. They can also balance on top of the object by making an appropriate balance check(DC 20 for immoveable rod). They may switch between standing and hanging as a swift action.

Safety line:
At 2nd level, an immoveable blade can activate an immoveable item as an immediate action. This allows them to catch themselves from falling. This quick use of immoveable items is a stepping stone to their later abilities.

Skewed charge:
At 3rd level, when making a charge attack, the immoveable blade can make their immovable weapon immobile, and then use it as a pole to swing around, changing their direction of travel. This allows them to change direction on a charge as long as they have an immoveable item in hand.

Pinning strike:
at 4th level, an immoveable blade can execute a pinning strike. After making a successful hit with an immoveable melee weapon, the immoveable blade can activate the weapon's immoveable quality, and leave the weapon in the enemy. The pinned creature is entangled, and cannot leave the square they are in. The immoveable weapon can be removed with a DC 30 strength check. Alternatively, the creature can simple twist themselves free, dealing additional damage equal to a normal hit by the weapon
(including damage from the weapon’s enhancement bonus, other weapon properties, and your
normal bonus from Strength, but not extra damage from feats such as Power Attack) but removing the entangled condition.
If the weapon has the fleshgrinding property, it activates normally. The DC to remove the weapon increases to 30, and in order to twist themselves free the creature must make a DC 20 strength check. Failure means they take damage as if the fleshgrinding property has activated. However, the weapon will not return to the immoveable blade's hand if the immoveable property is active, and the creature remains pinned even after the fleshgrinding stops,though it acts as a normal pinned weapon, as above.

Scamper:
At level 3, an immoveable blade can utilize 2 immoveable objects to “climb” the air. This is a DC 15 climb check (inflated due to the extra complexity of activating and deactivating immoveable objects) that lets them climb anywhere, as long as they have an immovable object in each had. You retain your dexterity bonus to armor class while climbing in this way, and opponents get no special bonus to their attacks against you. If moving horizontally, they can move at double the speed they would normally climb(generally ½ their land speed, or full land speed with accelerated climbing). This leaves you in the “hanging by 1 hand” position described in hanging style.

Dragonrend:
At level 5, and immoveable blade can utilize their opponents speed against them to terrible effect. If an enemy provokes an AoO from charging by the immoveable blade, they can use dragonrend against them. Alternatively, if they can strike at a flying creature who does not have enough mobility to stop in the square it is in, they can use dragonrend. The immoveable blade strikestheir opponent, and activated the immoveable weapon. Their opponents momentum carries them through the blade, dealing massive damage. The strike deals 4x damage. If the subject is a flying creature who can stop in 1 square, it must do so. The immoveable blade can then decide to leave the weapon there, turning this into a pinning strike, or deactivate the weapon and continue fighting normally.

chrisrawr
2012-02-13, 09:46 PM
I can see a monk using this with nun-chuck-rods. It would be very... very wtf.

Merchant
2012-02-14, 03:43 AM
I saw your mage ji jitsu class. Interesting idea but it is only good if they throw the spell at you right?

That made me think of another class if you would like to try it.

A spell sculpter with a spell thief feel. For example you focus on shaping your opponents spell so it misses your comrades and hits the enemy's allies. That way you can split a line effect to hit enemies on both sides or make the 5ftX5ft squares your allies are in safe from a fireball and maybe a capstone would be able to effect either dragon's breath or includes touch spells, long ranged spell thief redistribution.)

could be a prc for the Spell Thief (just to make it official :))

Mystify
2012-02-14, 06:07 AM
I saw your mage ji jitsu class. Interesting idea but it is only good if they throw the spell at you right?

That made me think of another class if you would like to try it.

A spell sculpter with a spell thief feel. For example you focus on shaping your opponents spell so it misses your comrades and hits the enemy's allies. That way you can split a line effect to hit enemies on both sides or make the 5ftX5ft squares your allies are in safe from a fireball and maybe a capstone would be able to effect either dragon's breath or includes touch spells, long ranged spell thief redistribution.)

could be a prc for the Spell Thief (just to make it official :))
At the early levels, you can only spell-jitsu things tossed at you directly. At higher levels, you can use it against things used on your allies as well. The substituation ability doesn't even care what they were doing with their spell.
And going by the theory that the mage is the dangerous one, the enemy should be most interested in attacking you, and hence you are likely to be the target of spells anyways.
Even if you can't use the spell-jitsu, you can still counterspell, or simply be caster. I don't feel bad about the class needing a specific case to work, cause they get to fall back to being a full spellcaster. But it should be nift enough when it does work, and its a more cooperative set of abilities. Everybody is happy when you shut down the enemy caster.