PDA

View Full Version : Spellthief/Bladedancer -- possible as a damage dealer?

JadePhoenix
2012-02-11, 02:08 AM
Hey guys.
I'm about to join a level 8 game soon, using all Completes, PHB2, Miniature's Handbook, Magic Item Compendium, Spell Compendium, Races of the Dragon, Draconomicon, Dragon Magic and Oriental Adventures.
I know my party includes a human Knight, a half-elf Warmage, a spellscale Swashbuckler/Dragon Devotee and an elf Healer.
As you can probably guess, the group is not very high op.
I was thinking about a Spellthief, gunning for Blade Dancer. Maybe add Einhander at 9th level, keeping a hand free for Sleight of Hand stuff.
Basically, my concept is a mobile, high-speed trickster. I'll add skill tricks and the like.
The problem is... I feel I might need to be the main damage dealer in such a party. Is there a way to do this while still keeping true to my Spellthief/Blade Dancer concept?

hex0
2012-02-12, 05:14 PM
I'd suggest taking Practiced Spellcaster and going into Daggerspell Mage instead.

nedz
2012-02-12, 05:26 PM
The usual tricks include :-
Dipping Rogue 1 for +1d6 sneak
Taking the Craven feat

But, looking at the party: this might be overdoing it a little :smallsmile:

There are lots of options for Spellthief/Caster which are more high powered still.

hex0
2012-02-12, 05:27 PM
There are lots of options for Spellthief/Caster which are more high powered still.

Spellthief/Beguiler/Unseen Seer for hunters eye, for example.

JadePhoenix
2012-02-12, 09:27 PM
hex0, yes, I know I could be a damage dealer if my focus wasn't Spellthief/Bladedancer. The thing is... that is my focus. ^^
I want to know if you have any tips for me to deal more damage, mainly in Spellthief spells or magic items, because I have no free feats at all (since I'll probably be playing a hengeyokai).

nedz, Spellthief already has sneak attack. Craven, however, is from Champions of Ruin. That book is not allowed in this table.

I'm thinking I might postpone Einhander and get Staggering Strike instead. I just have to check if I qualify with only 2d6 sneak attack (I don't think I do).

hex0
2012-02-13, 06:22 PM
hex0, yes, I know I could be a damage dealer if my focus wasn't Spellthief/Bladedancer. The thing is... that is my focus. ^^

I'm just saying Dagger Spell Mage has higher damage potential than Bladedancer