PDA

View Full Version : E6 gestalt Character help

Wookie-ranger
2012-02-11, 05:43 AM
Hi there,
I might be playing in an E6 Gestalt game. It is fairly strait forward, not a lot of homebrewing. however;
As it stands it will more fluff and RP then number counting and RAW. we want fun to prevail and not play by numbers.
The DM is a nice enough guy and he will let a lot fly as long as you don't break the game.
NOT rules, but guideline:
-what the players do the BBEG might try as well. be warned
-no cheese (at least not too much)
-full casters, no CL cheese
-if control undead, no shadowpocolyps
-the players cannot cast 4lvl spells period, no versatile spellcaster and such.
-stick to your role as much as you can, stay away from gish (unless you RP it)
-no incarnum, psyonics, bloodlines (and personally no factorum)
-all books are ok, but homebrews need to be approved

I was thinking about a DN//something, may be rogue, wiz, hex, src, cloistered cleric, or something along those lines. DM said i get Animate dead on my spell list as a 3rd level spells for the DN 6lvl capstone.
Race: Lesser Aasimar, then necropolitan (DM oked it:)
AL: for those you care LN, follower of the god of death (like Kelemvor)
“the final judge” themed. Not playing on animating too many undead, but a few bruisers are a must. I will not be the primary caster, but I am going to be a caster more then a melee/range fighter
Stats: 32 or 18,16,14,12,10,8; its still up in the air

any input welcome:

What class can I pair well with DN that is not too MAD? (if possible with spells or UMD)
What feats are good to take? (including reserve/metamagic feats)

Godskook
2012-02-11, 02:07 PM
If your DM allows it, take the feat Planar Touchstone and visit the Catalogues of Enlightenment. Hell, ask him if he'd allow you to do it twice, since there's a lot of RP potential involved. For benefits, you're aiming for at least the deathbound domain, and maybe the Necromancer domain. You can create and control a single Bloodhulk Fighter at CL 6, a Giant at CL 8, and a Crusher at CL 10. These undead from MMIV are just about the most durable undead you can find. If you're ok with losing higher-powered control, Command Undead allows you to still give simple commands while allowing you to create other undead as well. Chain spell via the metamagic rod, and you have yourself an army.

(Undeath domain via Arcane Disciple allows you to cast Desecrate)

hex0
2012-02-11, 02:52 PM
Dread Necromancer worshiper of Kelemvor? :smallconfused:

Archivist//Duskblade works nicely.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-02-11, 04:11 PM
Unarmed Swordsage, and get Ascetic Mage in CV. Don't forget to grab Martial Stance for more 3rd level stances, both Holocaust Cloak and Dance of the Spider are great, and Hunter's Sense is amazing for keeping aware outside of combat. Be sure to get the Diamond Mind save counters, especially Mind Over Body if you're going Necropolitan.

If you are a Necropolitan, say you were created in the area of a Desecrate spell with an evil altar present (+2 HP/level), and preferably also that your creator had at least a few of the Corpsecrafter line of feats in LM. If you can't use any of those, then consider using the feat Tomb-Tainted Soul instead of being undead.