PDA

View Full Version : Any ways to recharge a wand?

Brock Samson
2012-02-11, 11:00 AM
I was just curious if there were any ways to recharge a wand. I feel like I seem to recall maybe possibly perhaps reading something about a spell or feat that could do it, but I might be making that up.

If not, would a feat or spell that did so be unreasonable? The only way that I can see it being unreasonable is if you wanted to use it to fill up wands then sell them for profit. If perhaps it had the caveat that the *extra* charges could only be used by the person who imbued them back into the wand, would that work?

Mystify
2012-02-11, 11:08 AM
I don't know about wands, but there is a way to do it with staffs. Recharge staff feat, DR338. It requires having an imbued staff.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-02-11, 11:32 AM
Just use the standard item creation process. You would need Craft Wand and to be able to cast the spell it contains. For the wand's price, you divide its fully charged price by 50, then multiply that by the number of charges you're adding. Pay 1/2 of that in gp and 1/25 of that in XP.

ahenobarbi
2012-02-11, 11:38 AM
Orosul’'s Scepter among other uses can do it. It "restores one charge in the first hour of continual contact plus one charge every fourth hour thereafter". It's 3.0 FR-specific material though (Volo's guide to Dalelands). IT's cost is mere 20'000 gp, and can no longer be made.

ericgrau
2012-02-11, 12:27 PM
It's a pretty simple house rule that's not game breaking to have someone with craft wand pay the difference between 50 charges and its current number of charges. I mean if I was told to get a feat for that I'd say screw it I'll buy a new one. It's not worth paying a feat or anything for such a thing, it's a little matter of convenience.

Big Fau
2012-02-11, 02:34 PM
You're looking for an Artificer Infusion. not sure which one, but I think it's from Magic of Eberron.