PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Fighter jets and tanks

Bovine Colonel
2012-02-11, 03:28 PM
Alright, so it's a long story but in my PF campaign one of the villains is using what essentially amounts to fighter jets, tanks, and such to fuel his conquest. The players have broken into a factory, gotten hold of some of the planes, and are about to attack the villain's airship base. I've got these stats so far for the jets and the pilots; what should I change?

For the record, the party is around 5 strong (this tends to fluctuate) and they'll probably be up against 10 planes or so and maybe 5 tanks.

Incidentally, I don't have stats for tanks yet. Anyone have ideas?

Fighter Jet:
HP 40
Large size
Hardness 10

Fly +(user’s level + user’s Dex) or Fly +(user’s Fly), whichever is higher; not affected by armor check penalties or masterwork tools; 200 ft max per round and as 1 move action; cannot hover; must move at least half speed per round or DC 20+1 per 5 feet less than 100 to avoid falling; not slowed by gravity while flying; can turn 45 degrees per 25 ft of movement without spending a square of movement; cannot turn more than 45 degrees per 5 ft of movement; damage does not affect flight until 0 HP; reduction to 0 HP results in fall (Fly check DC 20 + 1 per point below 0 HP to avoid taking falling damage); reduction to -14 results in explosion (Ref half if not in cockpit, 4d6 bludgeoning, slashing, and piercing in a 10 ft burst, 8d6 fire in a 50 ft spread, DC 20); pilot can eject (jet falls to ground, pilot affected by indefinite feather fall, standard action or immediate action with Reflex save DC 10 + 1 per negative point of HP)

Attacks:
CL 7 wand of scorching ray x2, uses pilot’s ranged attack bonus, standard action
CL 8 wand of fireball, launched as a ranged touch attack with the pilot’s ranged attack bonus, on a hit the target gets no save and cannot use Improved Evasion, on a miss the projectile continues up to its maximum range and detonates if it hits an obstacle, standard action

AC and touch AC have yet to be determined

Pilot
Human Warrior 2
Str 11; Dex 15; Con 12; Int 9; Wis 10; Cha 8
Skills: Fly +10, other stuff
Feats: Weapon Focus (machine wands), Skill Focus (Fly)
Equipment: mwk composite longbow, mwk breastplate
HP: 14
Attacks: fighter jet wands +5; mwk composite longbow +5, 1d8
AC: 18
Fort: +4; Ref +2; Will +0

JadePhoenix
2012-02-11, 04:07 PM
I don't think such powerful weaponry would be given to such a lousy pilot.

Bovine Colonel
2012-02-11, 04:17 PM
I don't think such powerful weaponry would be given to such a lousy pilot.

The point of that is that if they lose their ships they're pretty well hosed.

JadePhoenix
2012-02-11, 06:11 PM
The point of that is that if they lose their ships they're pretty well hosed.

Well, what I meant is that the ships are obviously very expensive. Someone paid for it. Why would you pay that much money for a weapon and then give it to someone who hardly knows how to use it? We don't see city guards running around with +3 longswords, do we?
I mean, a jet pilot in RL... is very badass. It takes years of training to get there. Those guys are not 2nd level.
I mean, it's your game, you roll it whichever way you want it, but I believe you came here for suggestions and level 2 warriors running around on that hurts verossimilitude, IMHO