PDA

View Full Version : IC - Insert cool and Exalted-related title here

Volthawk
2012-02-11, 05:19 PM
In the Guild hub city of Rivergate - named as such due to its position controlling the entrances to some of the Yellow River's tributaries, despite the rumours of attacks by demonic wolf-like monsters on people that stray into the alleys of the city, it is business as usual - the caravan that recently stopped off was still camped out in the city, trading the goods it wanted to sell and buying what it could buy on the cheap, cargo being loaded on and off the boats that sail along the Yellow River and the smaller rivers that branch off it around Rivergate.

The relative peace that this activity brings, however, is a fragile thing, shattered by a single sound - a scream, followed a woman limps out of one the alleyways off the main street by the docks, her bloodied leg leaving a trail of blood behind her, the trail going back into the darkness of the alleyway where a pair of red eyes can be seen in the gloom, fading as the owner heads into the darkness. As for the woman, she has been lifted onto a cart while a group of healers from the caravan attend to her wounds. Standing beside them, looking into the darkness of the alley, is a man - at least, he appears to be a man, his identity concealed as it is by his hooded robe, the patterns on the robe identifying him as the Demon-blooded sorcerer whose experiences and knowledge meant that he was in charge of dealing with the demons doing all this.

Danakir
2012-02-11, 06:32 PM
Her bare feet dangling from the roof of a house facing the alley whence the wolfish creature had made its most recent victim, Usatei brought a hand to her face to stiffen a yawn. A much taller woman stood beside her, her features hidden by layers of clothes and the hood clinging lightly to her head.

"Sounds like trouble in Rivergate. And your man hasn't been seen for weeks." she comments idly with a mischievious smile "Think they got him? These wolves the people keep whispering about." she then looks up meeting with her companion's eyes.

"C'mon, it's just us. No need to be all quiet." she prods with a hint of nerves.

Hiro Protagonest
2012-02-11, 07:21 PM
From another rooftop, a fair distance away but still close to the caravan and alley, a man sighed, got up from his relaxed position, and looked down at the action. He had He knew Autarch would appear on the scene any moment now, looking to see if it was anything interesting.

It seemed that there were demons involved. Well, it was his duty to do something.

He looked around and spotted two women, one short and one tall, on another rooftop. He would have to find out what they were doing after the situation at hand is resolved.

Bolin thought of his odds with the matter at hand. He was wearing an orichalcum amulet with a hearthstone in it. If the sorcerer or medics suspected something and searched him, they would find orichalcum smashfists in his haversack. He also wasn't a medic, and demon wounds were notoriously tough to heal, unless an exalted had the power necessary to heal it, so he wouldn't be able to help the woman.

He crouched down, hiding from the people on the ground except for the top of head, and waited.

ChaoticSky
2012-02-11, 07:29 PM
Dreams stood beside her companion, leaning over slightly to peer into the alleyway, her form casting a shadow a shade too dark to be entirely natural. After a moment she straightened up before crouching down beside the smaller figure.

The Abyssal's expression remained flat as she absorbed Usatei's words, and seemed to consider her response for a long time before she finally met the Lunar's eyes and replied, “As long as he is dead... Though I would have preferred to have that satisfaction for myself, I may feel obligated to raise the matter of pecking order if I ever meet one of those creatures.” Her words held a tone of dread finality that coloured most of her speech, and the massive Soulsteel blade on her back seemed to almost keen in response.

Her shoulders slumped alittle as the realization that she probably wasn't going to get to kill anything today sank in, “They didn't kill that mortal.... could one have really killed a Dragon-blooded Dynast?" she asked idly.

Danakir
2012-02-11, 09:49 PM
"Can't say either way. It's got the whole town upside-down on the other hand so it can't be something a couple of Guild mercenaries can handle or nobody'd make such a fuss about it ya?" she lightly tugs at her own bunny ear although to most anyone it would seem she was playing with her hair "There's no pecking order around here." she then concludes with a small snort as she deftly sways forward and then backward on her hands.

Remaining that way for only a short moment she almost immediately lands back on her feet such that she now stands on the roof right next to her Abyssal friend crouching down. Even then she wasn't much taller at all.

"Feels like a waste travelling all the way to Rivergate for nothing." she folds her arms behind her head "Do you think they'd pay something for that beast's head?" her lips curl into a small smirk as a hint of greed seeps into her words.

DukeGod
2012-02-11, 10:20 PM
As he wondered how Bolin had gotten himself lost yet again (Bolin didn't, Autarch did) Autarch hears the scream. And drops said wondering into a sprint towards it...

He raced to the place at his full speed. It said something about his sublety. That is: It was inexistent. At his full pace, upon trying to stop he basically had to skid a pretty good amount of feet before he could actually halt...

Acting as if it was nothing unusual, he takes a look at the source. A woman. Oh just great. He couldn't just let a woman die, it practically went against his principles...

Thankfully, his Coadjutor can snap him out of it. By pointing out what he should've known from the beginning. The Demon-Blooded sorcerer...

"Hey you. Can't you do anything to help her?"

Aaand the voice in his head gets particularly cheerful. There was a chance the whole thing would become a bloodbath now...

Hiro Protagonest
2012-02-11, 10:41 PM
Bolin concentrates on Autarch, channeling his hearthstone...

I'm going to assume that the building isn't 60 feet high. More like 15 or 20, 40 at most.

Wits + Awareness: [roll0]

I'll assume that's enough to get his general thoughts.
Damn. This was going to be trouble. But should he get involved or not?

AdjectiveNoun
2012-02-11, 11:00 PM
The scream causes Xantir Nascen to cringe, in the dinky little cafe where he had previously been attempting to enjoy a rice-baked cinnamon-cake and some spiced wine (very watered down, such a shame) with the Lunar seated across the table from him. First impressions were important, after all, and after meeting the Lunar calling herself Kaleska, and calling him her Mate, he'd sought to provide decent meals and company for her whilst he tried to get to the bottom of this.

Well, up until that scream had completely ruined the mood.

"Another attack..." he shakes his head and grimaces. "I never expected a city owned by the Guild to be safe, but this is ridiculous."

Ganurath
2012-02-11, 11:06 PM
"That it is." Kaleska was sampling a plainer cake to fill her stomach, not wanting to overspend just to overstimulate her comparitively sheltered pallette. Her elders among the Seneschals had taught her the basics on guiding her Mate toward doing good, generally involving vocal idealism and leading questions. She was by no means a subtle woman, however. "You think something should be done about it?"

ChaoticSky
2012-02-11, 11:24 PM
Dreams looked around, finally casting her attention towards the injured mortals, but her attention wandered away shortly after; none of them seemed likely to die. Though it would have been a lie to say the thought of offering them a mercy killing hadnt crossed her mind.

“I dont know. You made me stop carrying those baby skulls around.” she pointed out suspiciously, “If they were worth something we should have sold them instead.” a long awkward moment passed before realization dawned “Oh metaphor, well, they might pay us to kill it, though you should probably take credit... I've not seen a single Wanted poster around, but somehow people always seem to know....” She commented unironically with a massive soulsteel blade strapped to her back.

Danakir
2012-02-11, 11:33 PM
Usatei had taught her much in the sparse time they'd spent together already. Especially on the subtle nuances of timing when related to matters of violence. Although she still had a lot work to do in that area.

"Please, don't mention those. We went over this already, nobody wants to hear about those damn skulls. Got it?" she chastised her with a sharp sight, leaning into her own hand slightly as she held her cheek "There's not that much left in our purse. So it can't hurt." she leaned forward slightly, keeping her hand over her eyes almost as if a visor. It was rather cute.

"That guy over there with the fancy robe. Looks like he's the one in charge." she commented idly while considering whether to go ahead with this lackluster plan of theirs.

AdjectiveNoun
2012-02-12, 10:37 AM
Without a doubt. Alas, I'm not the kind of man suited to fighting off demons, but if you wish to, feel free. I'll contribute as best as I can. Truth be told, he didn't care that much. If he took the time out of his day to help every common victim, he'd have no time left to do anything important. But still, whilst he waited for news, there was no point in antagonizing the Lunar, and a lot of potential profit in getting on her good side.

"Shall we go, then?"

Ganurath
2012-02-12, 12:21 PM
Kaleska nods, taking another bite of her bun before shifting to rise and giving her Bondmate an approving smile. "I think you'll find it easier to contribute than you'd imagine. By your lead..." The Lunar trailed off, her instincts telling her so many names to call her Bondmate by while simultaneous naming the different ways addressing him with the prestige he deserves could endanger him.

AdjectiveNoun
2012-02-12, 10:24 PM
Xantir finished off what remained of his cake, and stood, picking up his staff as he did so. Custom-made in Nexus by one of the lucky few to escape Thorns, it could just about be passed off as a cane, but was thick enough to be used as a weapon if worst came to worst. "Right then. Let's go investigate, shall we?" Stepping outside the cafe, he could immediately see both the Guild's assigned demonhunter, and a rather... excitable man talking at him. "Interesting. If you don't mind, Kaleska, I'd like to see what that man does first."

Ganurath
2012-02-13, 02:41 AM
"Of course." Kaleska crossed her arms over her chest, although it was more to conceal the silver nails poking out of her open-tipped gloves than her mood. That part was betrayed by a steadily growing look of confusion on her face, and confirmed by her words. "...Which one?"

Volthawk
2012-02-13, 06:23 AM
The sorcerer seems to snap out of the trance he was in, staring down into the alleyway.

"The magic I know isn't useful for healing, and it's too early to summon a sesselja. Looks like she went into one of the alleys we haven't warded yet. Who are you, anyway? I don't seem to remember seeing you around here."

Hiro Protagonest
2012-02-13, 11:27 AM
Bolin quickly looks for an empty spot out of sight from everyone, jumping to a different rooftop if he has to, and jumps down.

He walks over, haversack over one shoulder.
"Come on, Autarch, there's nothing we can do for the girl. The best we can do is hunt any demons still in the city."

DukeGod
2012-02-13, 01:45 PM
"And you have no knowledge on how to treat wounds either? Well that's too bad. Oh hey. I guess that is the only thing we can do...

He turns back to the demon-blood sorcerer. Boslin wanted him to pretend so he'd. Oh, but he hated that

"I'm Autarch. I believe a good way to describe me would be "Some crazy sellsword who does some stuff for free"

ChaoticSky
2012-02-13, 06:50 PM
Dreams watched the events unfolding beneath them and nodded to Usatei “He does, but that one hes talking to seems more assured.” she pointed out the other man who had walked up to the sorcerer. “...and here comes another one. If we wait much longer someone else will probably kill the thing first. Or you know, someone else will die, then wed just need to follow the screams. But in either case, it would probably be better if we took a roundabout route, instead of getting involved in that crowd.”

Danakir
2012-02-13, 06:59 PM
"Then how are we going to get paid for this?" she asked with a small frown before shrugging slightly "Oh well, guess we'll pay ourselves like usual uh?" she smirked mischieviously, her meaning clear to her friend and partner-in-crime.

Throwing her arms back she then jumped off the roof, landing down without much trouble at all. It wasn't even worth mentioning as a fall for someone like the Lunar trickster.

Once her Deathknight partner had followed her back on ground level she would lean closer to her and point with her thumb toward a sidepath back into the maze of alleys where the creatures were said to prowl.

"This way?"

AdjectiveNoun
2012-02-13, 07:47 PM
Xantir glances back at Kaleska with a grin."The Guildsman, of course - we're not likely to get paid by the 'crazy sellsword'. Of course, any payment at all relies on beating him and his friend to the demons. So! I propose a Fearless Rukh stratagem - as Master Ivory so masterfully displayed in the Confederation of Rivers Gateway Invitational - levering overwhelming force at one point to destroy enemies from a direction they did not predict; silencing the faster pieces before they could react; outmanouevering the Panther and Wolf, enveloping the Elephant once it was isolated, ah-" he paused, remembering that he may very well be talking to someone who had never even heard of Gateway before, let alone be familiar with the works of a specific grandmaster. Now, how to phrase this in a non-condescending manner...

"Ahem. That is to say, a flanking attack. We rush in, take out the beast, and collect a fair sum from the Guild for our services. How does that sound?"

Ganurath
2012-02-13, 07:56 PM
"I will look into the trail. If you want the Guild to reward us, though, it may be wise to let them in on our interest without losing pace. I'll go roundabout to the alley." With that, Kaleska makes her way toward a parallel alley, thinking to clamber up the building and enter the alley from above, possibly getting a bird's eye view on the original attacker.

AdjectiveNoun
2012-02-13, 08:10 PM
"Don't worry - I have it covered," Xantir replies, following after her immediately. If there was one thing he was good at, it was getting other people to do what he wanted... and finding out how to get other people to do what he wanted... and Gateway... and he wasn't bad at poetry. But mostly, getting other people to do what he wanted. Extracting some money from the Guild for taking care of a recurring problem would be simple.

Naturally, however, he'd let the Lunar warrior take the lead as far as the actual killing went, staying a safe distance behind her.

ChaoticSky
2012-02-14, 09:24 AM
Dreams nodded her consent and followed the Lunar off the roof, landing casually beside her, and casting her gaze towards the dark alley “That would be best I think.” And followed her into it.

As she crossed into the shadowed alleyway, the darkness seemed to welcome her. It wasnt anything overt, but she just looked so natural in the shadows that one might have been forgiven for missing her on first glance.

The abyssal reached up and closed her hand around the handle of her 'klave and freed it from its straps with a sharp yank, the massive cleaver-blade was 'decorated' with distorted wailing faces, and the Abyssal wanted it in-hand when they found their quarry, not that she was particularly worried, it was a matter of practicality. Go hunting, will be armed.

She also found the idea of being anything but perfectly prepared to strike unacceptable, where Usatei's safety was concerned.

Ganurath
2012-02-14, 12:16 PM
"As you wish, then." While she could easily climb or leap the walls, Kaleska was quick to realize that Xantir might be out of his element. It was Luna's wisdom, she thought, that she be Bonded to one she contrasted so, as they complemented one another readily. Deciding to go the route of leaping, she opens her arms as though offering to embrace the man. "Shall I take you up for a view from above, then?"

Once Xantir was in hand, the Full Moon would crouch to better aim her leap, examining the edge of the roof for an ideal landing location before lunging skyward, her superhuman might easily propelling her to the roof of the building. She landed in a low stance, allowing her to keep her balance despite cumbersome, precious cargo, whom she sets down upon landing since this particular roof had a minimal incline.

Danakir
2012-02-14, 12:39 PM
Usatei's pink dress had pockets in which she kept her hands at the moment. Most people wouldn't want to walk barefooted in the filthy streets but she didn't worry about it. After all it was how she felt most comfortable no matter what.

Her eyes drifted to the blasphemous blade whispering with the promise of death "Gee, real subtle that." she commented to herself with a small sigh as she glanced up to what little of the sky was visible from the darkened alleys. Taking off to get a better look at the surrounding area would be problematic with her partner just walking around with that thing in hand. Sometimes she really felt like a babysitter.

"Don't freak out the slum scum too much, 'kay? They're already on edge with the whole murderous demon-wolf creature that's hunting in their streets." as they reached the end of the alley which now turned into a sharp corner she'd peek at what was there quietly.

"This place is a real labyrinth. Anyone could get lost in here and it's just so... quiet." the silence was only barely disturbed by the sound of their footsteps.

"Kind of freaks me out, brr." she shivered meaningfully.

Hiro Protagonest
2012-02-14, 01:10 PM
Bolin quickly looks up at the man and woman jumping overhead. His eyes narrow after watching them disappear, and he turns back to Autarch. This, plus the massive sword on the other woman not unlike the sword his father carried, a daiklave...
"Come on, I think there are exalted here. If we want to be mercenaries, we have to beat the competition."

Volthawk
2012-02-14, 02:17 PM
The sorcerer doesn't fail to notice all this commotion, but for now his focus in on Autarch and Bolin. "So you want to help with our little demon-wolf problem? If you are, the Guild will be willing to reward you, and I can tell you what I know of them and the areas I suspect they are in, to help you. However, are you sure you can deal with these? They don't seem to be fully-fledged demons, just demon-bloods with enough of the demon side to be affected by our wards and the like, but they're still quite dangerous, especially once you get into the alleys we haven't warded, into their territory. Especially since, as your man there just said, it appears we've also got Exalted investigating. Looks like an Abyssal to me, as well, judging by the soulsteel. Interesting...I hope she isn't going in there to assist the wolves. These things are bad enough, let alone with an Abyssal's support. Otherwise, it looks like their destructiveness will actually help us."

As Dreams and Usatei walk into the alley, they initially don't see much - this alley was clear of any of the 'slum scum', as Usatei put it, meaning it was just the two of them, alone in the alleyway, the ground underfoot feeling somewhat damp and the sky being mostly obscured by balconies and awnings, adding to the darkness of the alley despite the fact that it was day, albeit a cloudy one that had rained earlier. However, as they walk Dreams notices something - a canine of some sort curled up in an alcove, about the size of a normal wolf, its skin somewhat blending in with the environment.

Up on the rooftop, while Kaleska doesn't see the other Exalts, since they had since descended, she does see one of the wolves, which despite being larger than normal ones, is still managing to effectively conceal itself in the shadows on its rooftop - overlooking the caravan and beside the alleyway, hiding among the stores that were spread across the rooftop. In fact, its skin appears to be blending in with the surrounding terrain as it sits there, scanning the caravan with its dark red eyes with jagged pupils, paying particular interest to the sorcerer. However, once it notices Dreams and Usatei going into the alleyway, it gets up and drops down into the alleyway, watching them go in and then sneaking in after them.

Hiro Protagonest
2012-02-14, 06:59 PM
Bolin glances up again at the rooftops, and sees a quadruped moving swiftly along them.
"It's on the rooftops!"

He quickly locates a shorter rooftop about 10 feet tall, and jumps up.
Strength + Athletics: [roll0]
He just falls short, but he grabs onto the edge with both hands and scrambles up before surveying the scene.

ChaoticSky
2012-02-14, 07:59 PM
“Subtlety is for stalking people who might care, I doubt a demon-wolf will notice if I have a blade drawn or not. As for the scum.... I dont see any.... and if do, I will ask them nicely to leave us about our business if they wish to keep their soul all in one piece. Okay Usatei?” She offered, seeming to genuinely believe that was a benign, and indeed, civil suggestion.

As they continued around the corner, Dreams listened to Usatei's words, she was talking to fill the silence, or so it seemed to the Deathknight, normally such a mortal response would have triggered derision at best, but in the Lunar's case, she couldn't help but want to respond comfortingly. Unfortunately, the best she could come up with was a forlorn; “It reminds me of home.”

Dreams, being in the paranoid hyper ready state she was, noticed the wolf stalking in behind them only a moment after she noticed the one before them in the alcove. She turned, her Reaver daiklave gliding into a fighting stance before her, as she shouted a warning to her partner “Alcove in front, and the shadow behind!”

Even before she finished speaking she was moving. The demon-wolf's hubris had lead it to follow a Black Exalt into a dark alley, and the only reward for such stupidity is Death. Surging towards it, Dreams form blurred with dark Essence, and despite her tremendous velocity, she seemed to almost move in slow motion, every ripple writ large on the senses of any who witnessed. The dark power crested around her like a wave, flowing across her form, and for a moment, she became her weapon, and her weapon became her, united in singular intent. To Kill. The midnight blur swept past the demon, her cleaver licked out with brutal grace, seeming to give the beast no more than a gentle caress.

Then she was past, and the darkness was gone, as if maybe, it never had been at all. Only the position of her blade, rested as it did at the end of a savage arc, gave any evidence that shed attacked at all. Then the wind of her passage caught up, ruffling her clothes and veil as it blew past.

Guess i should put this here for clarity.
Ebon Lightning Prana. 3m 1w used.
Movement, auto strike-first, unexpected, piercing damage, uses (dex+melee+essence)(+weapon acc+spec as well, since i have them)

DukeGod
2012-02-14, 09:10 PM
"I can see it!"

Thus, the race begins...
As Bosli jumps to a rooftop, Autarch simply runs up one of the walls and with a small impulse goes at full speed towards the wolf, amazingly, without doing much of a noise

If it's speed than he can definately beat them! And midway through the running, wondering if there might be a fight, he summons his weapon, two swords that appear in sudden light

Polished Blade Is A Mirror, for Kanshou and Bakuya, that's 6m,1wp

Gravity-Rebuking Grace let's me run in vertical or inverted surfaces as long as I'm at dash speed, Uninpeded Perfection of Exertion makes me weightless and gives a +3 Stealth to "Moving Silently" during the dash.
I dash at 16 yards per tick
Adorjan is just lovely!

Personal: 13/19
Peripheral: 41/44 (3 Commited)

Temp Willpower: 9 (I'll add the little dots later...)

Hiro Protagonest
2012-02-14, 09:24 PM
It's Bolin. :smalltongue:
Bolin quickly reaches into his haversack and takes out his two smashfists, slipping them over his hands before leaving the bag behind while he jumps along the rooftops.

He spots the demon wolf and the women from earlier as he races along with Autarch. Bolin quickly stops Autarch by spreading an arm out in front of him as he watches the woman move with lightning speed and black power.
"Wait."

He crouches down and adjusts his tunic with his other hand, and a gleaming orichalcum breastplate appears on him.
Discharge Hauberk-Lightening Gesture, use Whirlwind Armor-Donning Prana.

1 mote of personal essence spent. Sheet edited.

Ganurath
2012-02-14, 10:01 PM
Kaleska watches the fight begin, stalking toward the edge of the roof to ensure a favorable view. She knew there would be an opportunity to strike, it was just a question of when. Her grin showed fangs, and she was confident that the wolf would know.

[roll0]

Danakir
2012-02-14, 10:19 PM
"The problem isn't that I worry too much it's that you don't at all, sister." she threw her hands up slightly as if in exasperation as she felt the faint humidity under her steps. The fact the streets were made of cobblestone rather than dirt and mud reminded her better than anything else that this was an hub town belonging to the Guild.

Her partner didn't need to tell her about the one right in front of them in the alcove. If it hadn't noticed them beforehand then it surely would now with all the yelling. She had full confidence in her partner as she left her back exposed where the savage Deathknight might watch it. Her bright red eyes remaining firmly on the infernal creature stirring a few yards away she reached out into her satchel.

Soon afterward she pulled out a simple steel mallet. She knew intimately the incredible prowess of which Dreams was capable and saw no reason to involve herself more than strictly necessary. The seemingly innocent tool would suffice for now to protect herself and keep anything lurking in the deeper shadows at bay.

Nothing but a diminutive girl as far as the world was concerned.

---

Join Battle [roll0]

AdjectiveNoun
2012-02-14, 10:57 PM
"Thanks for that, Kaleska." From his new rooftop vantage point, there was no doubt Xantir would be able to see the quarry they sought... So long as his attention wasn't immediately grabbed by the rather colourful emergence of the "crazy sellsword" and his friend.

"By the gods... We're in a populated area, with plenty of witnesses, and they can't even attempt to be subtle?" He sighed, and glanced at Kaleska, only to be taken back by the predatory look on her face as she looked towards a particular alley. "Kaleska? What do you see?"

Volthawk
2012-02-15, 12:45 PM
Despite all this activity going on, the sorcerer doesn't seem to react very much, reaching into a pocket and pulling out a pipe which he puffs on as he watches the ensuing chaos. Most the mortals get as far away as they can - some more subtly, quietly slipping away, and some less so subtly, running and screaming. The thaumaturges and surgeons working on the woman continue their work, like the sorcerer the situation doesn't seem to affect them that much, their sole focus being on the injured woman.

Dreams' blade cuts into the unsuspecting wolf's body, and it lets out an odd little surprised noise, which to Autarch sounds oddly like an Old Realm swearword. The wolf quickly recovers, still standing and still able to fight despite the gash in its side Dreams' attack caused, its red eyes scanning the area and noting the threats around it.

The curled up wolf stretches and starts to sleepily get up. Usatei can tell that it is a lot smaller compared to the one that Dreams is fighting, but it still has the traits that identify it as one of the same creatures - the dark red eyes with jagged pupils, the strange fur that blends in somewhat with the surroundings, its tail being longer than that of most ordinary canines.

2-dot stunt for Dreams (4 mote or 1wp reward). Usatei is up.

Combat Order:
Tick 0: Usatei
Tick 1: Kaleska, Autarch, Wolf
Tick 2:
Tick 3:
Tick 4: Dreams
Tick 5:
Tick 6: Bolin

Danakir
2012-02-15, 07:29 PM
She could hear something of a crowd on the nearby roofs. She didn't know how to feel about that, who would do such an outrageous thing? But no matter, she didn't sense much in the way of hostility and they were more pressing matters at hands. Such as the smaller but nonetheless predatory wolf now rising from the alcove a few yards away. That definitely was no good.

She caught the scent of blood but it was all wrong. Following her nose she glanced at the corner of her eyes toward the much larger bulk of the wolf-demon that had tried to sneak up on them. The stain of blood on the street and the thin walls was black and viscous with obvious taint. Some smoke even rose from the wood as if the oily substance would corrupt and twist anything natural. Disgusting.

The creature itself appeared only shocked and upset at the wound and ready to pounce on Dreams for the offending injury.

Understanding that her friend was busy and that the people she could hear talking loudly to each other on the roof might get involved she chose wisely to keep her guard up and maintain an healthy distance from the dangerous beast in front of her.

---

Speed 3 (DV -0) Guard action.

Ganurath
2012-02-15, 09:10 PM
Kaleska held up a single finger, backing quietly from the ledge of the alley to break line of sight with the creatures below. She moved on all fours, spreading her weight out over a greater area to minimize noise, as she shifted to a different position near the edge so that she'd be able to ambush the wolves from a better position. As she does so, she looks toward Xantir and mouths a single word: Prey.

Misc action (Speed 5) to (re?)establish Stealth, as I hadn't been rolling it before. Since she's prepping to attack, I'm assuming I can add the specialty dice in Ambush.

[roll0]

AdjectiveNoun
2012-02-15, 09:52 PM
Ah. Xantir ducked, but otherwise held still. No sense in ruining Kaleska's ambush by making undue noise. Besides which, his interest in hunting down the Wolves had been diminished now that he'd seen this pair of Exalts. Even as gaudy as they were, any Exalt threw a complicated variable into the Great Game, and required careful observation, regardless of whether they turned out to be friend or foe.

Kaleska was both more than able and more than willing to hunt down these Wolves. All things considered, he might be more of a hindrance than a help to her in that regard. But that was fine. He had his own hunt, of a sorts, to focus on now.

Join Combat (I think it's my successes subtracted from Usatei's to determine how many ticks after Bolin I can act?) [roll0].

DukeGod
2012-02-17, 01:21 PM
Autarch looks at the wolf retreating. Bolin was stopping him from moving any forward. He questioned why did he do that, but not time. This was a race yes? And of course, he didn't quite have to be close...

Well, might just aswell try it from the roof them. Despite his friend's arm he raises his own above the head and hurls his swords forward. And hoped the thing was in range

As they fly towards the wolf, one to each side, and suddenly are supernaturally pulled toward each other, clashing in the mid and whirling around a bit, he talks

"Why wait?"

And with a thought, he uses his own essence to call the weapons back, letting them fly towards him passing harmlessly near anything on the way

Sooo, using the longe ranged attack, 30 yards range. It's basically a coordinate attack so the thing's DV is reduced by 2.
1m to call them back since I'm only attacking once
11L damage if my Strrength gets into the Damage Dice, 7 otherwise
[roll0] - 10 sux!

Personal: 12/19
Peripheral: 41/44

Hiro Protagonest
2012-02-17, 05:00 PM
Bolin lets his hand back, but remains silent.

I have to wait five more seconds of in-game time. :smalltongue:

Volthawk
2012-02-18, 01:41 PM
The wolf, having recovered itself, growls and lunges at Dreams, its supernatural nature showing itself in the speed of its blows at it harries Dreams with a rapid succession of bites, Autarch's blades slicing into its skin as it finishes, leaving it more visibly injured than it was at the beginning of the attack.

1-dot stunts y'all.

Wolf lets off a Principle of Motion'd flurry, targeted at Dreams. Defend against it as you will.
Attack 1: [roll0]
Attack 2: [roll1]
Attack 3: [roll2]
Attack 4: [roll3]
Attack 5: [roll4]

Combat Order:
Tick 2: Xantir
Tick 3: Usatei
Tick 5: Autarch, Kaleska
Tick 6: Wolf, Bolin

ChaoticSky
2012-02-18, 11:33 PM
my soulsteel weapon drained three motes from the last attack, and i take the WP from the stunt. So that all goes back into my pools

Dreams whirled and jumped back as the demon beast snapped at her, perhaps surprised that it wasnt dead from her attack. Ducking and weaving, she seemed to almost vanish as she slipped from shadow to shadow, at the very least, its first bite failed to find anything but ethereal shadow to close upon, though off balance as she was, she couldnt avoid all of them.

So, if i understand this right! My DDV is 7
So 7-1(i attacked this turn)=6 as a base, and then -1 for every successive attack in a flurry, ala Onslaught.
So my dodge over to-hit successes
6 5 4 3 2
3 8 6 4 12

So, depending on my stunt, if any, i get hit 4 times. If i do get one, feel free to assume I choose the dice. XD. And my soak is 5A/7L/6B, to save you a trip to the OOC.

Danakir
2012-02-19, 11:51 AM
She felt it in the air filling her lung. The stench of looming death not unlike the day she'd met her companion. But distinctly wrong.

Her heart skipped an heartbeat as she instinctively turned around to see the massive beast lunge toward her partner with eerie speed and accuracy. Impossibly fast such that it almost appeared to fill the space around it with blurring death. Her legs moved on their own with the very speed of the gods before she could even think, the peak of human ability to say the least and odd in a such a diminutive girl.

Her eyes narrowed as she noticed Dreams' defense fail against the creature and it seizing the opportunity with uncanny brutality to try and snap her arm clean in half with its powerful jaw.

It never got the opportunity as its maw was knocked aside by Usatei's hammer as she skid to a halt right in front of Dreams and screamed "No" with a voice filled with a hint of panic. Very unlike the usually smug hare.

Her movements at that point start to match that of the demonic spirit's stride for stride. With preternatural aptitude she knocks aside every blow but the last. Still her determination and stubborn refusal to let what might happen happen softened the tremendously lethal blow slightly as she struggled against the great monster's assault.

Her hammer barely keeping its sharp teeth from cutting deeply into her flesh she soon has no other choice but to get out of the way. A bit of sweat drips down her forehead as her red gaze drifts to the confrontation she had interfered with. To her the alley might as well have been lit as high noon at this point.

Then she made an oath.

Whatever happened, she would find a way to beat the carelessness out of her friend, yes that's FRIEND, with a blunt stick.

That idiot.

---

Speed 5 (DV -1) Defend Other
2-die stunt, pick 1 willpower.

PDV 9 8 7 6 5
Acc.3 8 6 4 12

Channel Conviction on the Defend Other action. Boost PDV by 1 across the board. She lets the last attack go through, now with only 6 accuracy successes left.

Hiro Protagonest
2012-02-19, 02:44 PM
I'll try first-person speak in this post. Dark red without quotes is from Bolin's PoV.
Wow. I never knew someone that small could be that good. And trust me, I've practiced martial arts for years, I know that size doesn't matter as much as agility. Power, Stamina, those are important, but not as important as lightning reflexes...

Dammit, focus!

Bolin looks around, including behind and above.
I gotta come up with some reason for stalling. :smalltongue:

Perception + Awareness: [roll0]

AdjectiveNoun
2012-02-22, 05:31 PM
Hm. Yes, on reflection, it was definitely a good idea to leave the wolf to Kaleska. Considering what it had shrugged off so far, the only contribution Xantir could really make would be as a meatshield, something he was not prepared to be.

instead, he just continued to watch what was going on, and gauge the powers of the other combatants.

Guard Action. I figure that Volt will edit in the results of the attack before the end of the day.

Volthawk
2012-02-24, 12:52 PM
Despite the aegis of defence Dreams and Usatei provide together, the wolf manages to get one blow in, its large savage teeth slicing into her arm as it passes, stumbling somewhat from its own injuries as it readies itself for what else is coming, its red eyes watching you all as it steels itself for the onslaught coming in.

Dreams takes 3 health levels of lethal damage (keep in mind this means you now have a -1 wound penalty to your actions).

Combat Order:
Tick 5: Autarch, Kaleska, Xantir (if he doesn't terminate his Guard action before then)
Tick 6: Wolf, Bolin, Usatei

ChaoticSky
2012-03-02, 07:13 PM
Dreams winced, partly from the gash on her arm and partly from needing to be protected by Usatei. Her expression flat with fury, the Abyssal kicked a puddle of water into the beast's face, covering her motions as she raised her massive daiklave, then brought it down heavily towards the demon-beast's flank in retaliation.

But she was careful not to overextend herself. This time she would be ready for its attack.

Acc roll goo!
Dexterity + Melee + Accuracy of Weapon + Speciality - Wound
5+5+5+3-1=17
[roll0]

Volthawk
2012-03-03, 07:45 AM
The wolf is quiet as the blade slices into its flank despite its attempts at evasion, leaving a trail of blood in the wolf's fur and onto the street between Dreams and it, and as it glares at Dreams, the hatred in its eyes is unmistakable. It is, however, obvious now that the wolf is in pain, its crouched combat-ready stance being betrayed by wobbling legs and slightly impaired breathing.

1-dot stunt for Dreams (2m reward).

Combat Order:
Tick 5: Autarch, Kaleska, Xantir
Tick 6: Wolf, Bolin, Usatei
Tick 7:
Tick 8: Dreams

Ganurath
2012-03-04, 05:57 PM
Kaleska does not leap from the roof, as height and gravity provide sufficient momentum, and the sound of the added pressure on the roof may have alerted the fiendish hound at the last second. Kaleska mused over shouting some sort of battlecry as she extended a clawed hand to catch herself between the canine's ears, but decided to let silence be her declaration. The other claw would catch on the spine between the forelegs and the hindlegs, which would slow her enough to somersault forward out of the attack and kip up against the far wall. If the wolf was lucky, the next thing to go through its mind would be that it was no longer the predator in the hunting ground. If Kaleska was lucky, the next thing to go through its mind would be skull fragments.

Flurrying two attacks, not sure whether or not they're both sneak attacks, or just the first. Either way, any stunt dice would preferably go toward the initial attack. Damage is 13L before successes to hit.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Volthawk
2012-03-05, 04:34 PM
The wolf only lets out a little noise out of surprise before Kaleska's claws shred through its skull and body, leaving the entire top of its body a mess of blood, brains and flesh as it thuds down onto the ground, a pool of blood, somewhat greener and thicker than normal, slowly forming. It may have previously been able to withstand Dreams' slashes, but that was enough to take it out for good. The conflict was over.

However, the smaller one that had been rising as the fighting began then lets out a little growl to get your attention, before speaking, although only Autarch understands what it is saying - it is speaking in Old Realm, although in an unsteady, careful way, like it was making sure it was using the right terms for what it meant . And those that were paying attention to what was going on outside the alley notice the demon-blooded sorcerer approaching.

1-dot stunt of Kaleska, and the wolf is now dead. Combat over.

The little wolf's speech (only read if you speak Old Realm, which appears to just be Autarch):

"Who...what are you people? Why are you here? What do you want with us?"

Hiro Protagonest
2012-03-05, 05:41 PM

Did that wolf say something? It didn't sound like normal growls.

I dismissed my armor before studying the situation.

AFB, but I'm pretty sure I can use Hauberk-Lightening Gesture as long as I have my armor on.

I take note of the girl with the claws. I've never seen an exalt with claws, so she's either been touched by the Wyld, or she's a type exalt I haven't seen yet, which would make her a Lunar or Sidereal.

I survey the others. The heavily veiled woman with a massive one-handed daiklave, a reaver, made of a black metal. The girl with the hammer. A man who didn't fight in the battle.

The littlest one with great skill seems most interesting. I concentrate on her, channeling my hearthstone.

Perception + Awareness [roll0]

DukeGod
2012-03-05, 11:05 PM
Autarch looks at the wolf who growled something. Old Realm? Oh it was easy to recognize, he had spent way too long hearing it. The Neomah quite often talked in it "to keep him sharp" she said but he believed it was just to tire his brain.

That reminds him. Didn't the other wolf thing snarled something in the language too? Something about pain...Oh well, that's quite meaningless now. He approaches the smaller one, dismissig his weapons. Time to start talking.

"Si mi vi Fintir Malfeas. Astahii sehem ekess qe Tyranus tae. Urgthumnum geth. Jaka, de wux? Yth jahen maulkir dout cirau tagoa dout thurirl lowda wer aesthyr. Si tira ti hefoc batobot wux ocuir. Vur wer hertan tepohaic put vi kehlash shafaer wux. Jaka jaka, si tir ti hefoc ekess siofme batobot ui wer gliiwr kont, zyak si ornla hefoc wux ekess condess ukrisir

Old Realm Translation(I like talking weird okay =D? Adds to the depth)
I am a Slayer of Malfeas. They seem to be Exalted aswell. Personal quest. Now, from you? We were hunting your kind because your friend attacked the woman. I did not like that you see. And the guild has put a bounty on you. Now now, I do not like to think that is the full story, so I would like you to start talking

Volthawk
2012-03-06, 01:48 PM
The little wolf appears to laugh, before running off another string of carefully-said Old Realm, and despite not having a human face, it seems to grin as it talks. Once the approaching sorcerer gets into the alleyway, the wolf shoots off another few sentences of Old Realm, this time more hastily said, before slinking further back into the shadows of the alley.

The sorcerer then stands quietly, pipe still in his mouth, observing the group of you, not yet speaking.

Old Realm Translation:

"No, that sounds correct. The pack's been told to hunt down any Guildsmen that they can and take out anyone who seems to be interfering with that. Now, I'm more of a long-term thinker rather than the loyal idiots that the rest of the pack are. I can see that the current plan they have isn't a very smart one, and will end up getting them all killed. You people seem to be wanting to do that, yes? I can help you, given that you don't kill me with the rest of them."

When the sorcerer gets into the alley:
"Oh, and don't mention this to the guildsman, alright? I don't think he'll be very happy about it, despite the general moral status they have..."

Ganurath
2012-03-06, 05:40 PM
Kaleska, not liking the direction of the conversation, points her bloodied claw at the remaining wolf and the more humanoid speakers. "You should use Riverspeak. I don't trust words I don't understand."

Hiro Protagonest
2012-03-06, 07:04 PM
Autarch's words grab my attention before the magic can take effect. Well, it doesn't really matter. What does matter is that this wolf speaks a language Autarch knows.

Heh, the one with the claws is definitely a warrior. And also rather attractive...

Bolin turns to Autarch.

"What did that wolf say? What language was it speaking?"

DukeGod
2012-03-06, 07:26 PM
"We were thrash-talking each other mostly. I definately need to work on mine, did you see how he just laughed?Well I think I at least got him worried...Hm? Oh, the language? Old Realm

Nooow, to the more pressing concerns...

"Bunny girl? Goth lady? Are you two alright?"

And he completely ignores the other woman with claws...
For now aniway. She was almost surely going to get his attention later

Hiro Protagonest
2012-03-15, 09:41 PM
Well, since we're apparently not exactly going for subtlety, and it's not exactly good to leave all social stuff up to Autarch, I'll retrieve my stuff later.

Bolin hops over the edge of roof, landing with the grace of a cat.

He walks up and lightly slaps Autarch in the back of the head with his Orichalcum-clad hand.
"You're no longer allowed to nickname people."

He steps back and addresses the group as a whole, one hand pressed against his lower stomach as he bows.
"Maheka Bolin, sellsword formerly of the Lookshy Legions, at your service."